» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

The Grand Horizon Underground

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Grand Horizon Underground

Post by chipset3363 on Wed May 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Horizon is getting an underground and we need to see what other Towns/Cities would like to create a connection to it.
Town Name:
(Your town)Station/Platform Name: (Optional)
Leader: (IGN if needed)
Cords: (If you rather post it, private message me the cords and we can work something out)
(I know we only have two Towns at the moment but this is also aimed at other towns in the future)

We would also like to encourage some business to move down in to the Main Hall where the station entrance and platforms will be heading off from.
Business Name:
Owner: (ING if needed)
Plot Number: (Required)
Type of Business: (Required)

Please post on this topic/thread to apply for any of these,
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Re: The Grand Horizon Underground

Post by Warrikon on Wed May 23, 2012 5:47 pm

underground what?
walkway?
railway?
waterway?
underground part of the city? (that doesn't connect? because that would be awesome.)

also i don't think putting that underground is such a good idea. infact, i believe people have already started to make connections ABOVE ground between Cerberus and Horizon.

also, the land above is pretty. underground is repetative :( rails above for all!
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 am

Well yes you have a point the land above is pretty but have you seen the layout of Horizon? The main road has been completely cut off from any major expansion and there are no real districts or room to build any major new roads in the centre of town. From what I can hear there is some talk about connecting the towns overhead but I cannot currently see anyone doing this or any evidence of this in either towns. The Underground connects Horizon internally and externally; we have made this to benefit everyone not just a select few.
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by n008i3 on Thu May 24, 2012 7:00 am

The underground sounds like it could be the cause of some good events... But I do agree with Warrikon. I thought that it was agreed to make a canal/river between all the cities?

n008i3
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Thu May 24, 2012 11:15 am

Ok i understand now but we sorrt of built this for when using canals becomes a bit imposible due to the growing number of cities or outposts. It dosent have to be used right away its a backup if other plans and ideas dont work out.
chipset3363
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 am

well, i don't really live in horizon (as many people don't) but it would be SUGGESTABLE that the person who is going to become the mayor of horizon should fix up the roads + move houses around etc.
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Thu May 24, 2012 12:30 pm

chipset3363 wrote:Ok i understand now but we sorrt of built this for when using canals becomes a bit imposible due to the growing number of cities or outposts. It dosent have to be used right away its a backup if other plans and ideas dont work out.
Using Canals/Rails will never become impossible due to too many cities/towns.

Main Reasons:
1. 'cause new towns won't be that common. At least, new approved towns likely won't be.
2. 'cause a station will be made between towns at a point where a it is required. Having 1 underground purely in Horizon, a town, is largely impractical. For one, it prevents a lot of underground development by residents and the mine. Two, Horizon may not end up being central to everything in the server, and connecting everything to it would cost more resources than connecting everything to a common midway point. Three, it still suffers the exact same problems as an above ground transport hub, yet costs more resources to make.

Honestly, when it reaches a point where we have 3 or 4 towns, the practical approach would be to create an above ground central transport hub between all towns. This would reduce the resources each town would have to supply to connect to other towns, whilst also reducing the travel times [E.G: New Cerberus to Horizon to Town X may take longer than New Cerberus to Central Location to Town X dependent on Town X's location]. When it reaches that point, it is a problem we can deal with. Until then I'd focus on more cheap and practical above ground expansions of Horizon. Start actually shaping the development of the town to allow better ease of access, whilst also having a road out of town that can connect transports to other towns/a future midway point. Building an underground that will suffer the same problems + more to try and skirt around those problems is less useful than addressing the problems themselves, and requires more effort. I'd begin planning the future expansions of Horizon, and opening streets and such in Horizon up so that future expansion is possible.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Thu May 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Having a central transport hub would fix a lot of problems and create a way point for all connections canal, road or rail related constructions; maybe all the current cities could work together to make something like this? (Wind?). And as I said if it isn’t used for transportation we can modify it to serve as a bunker from attack or another lower level of Horizon used for more shops and storage, etc.
chipset3363
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Fri May 25, 2012 12:59 am

Well as it seems Dark has built a Highway in Horizon without telling us making me and pork waste 2 days of work that almost drove me insane and causing the underground to become useless; Thanks Dark, love you for that: P
Anyway as it seems we now have a new empty space under the city! Please tell us what we should use it for:
chipset3363
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum