Latest topics
» Scope's 6 Shit-post Hahahahaha
Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:45 pm by ReceptiveRaptor

» A New Forum
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:17 pm by LukeTheElf

» How is everyone?
Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 am by Skull Sphinx

» Image War 2
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am by Warrikon

» District names!
Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:01 pm by Tengard

» EVENTUALLY ENDING STORY 5!!!!...!
Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 am by Warrikon

» ..o_o
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 am by Faelar Laelither

» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree


New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by mimmyjambo on Sun May 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Kay, so: my vote goes to no-one! Congrats, no-one! :D

Simply put, all three candidates have their traits and possessions which would be a benefit to Horizon. Some more than others, but all three candidates are of different server rank and have been playing for different amounts of time, both in terms of the new map and the server itself.

All three candidates, yet again, also have their traits and possessions which may not be beneficial to Horizon. There is simply no way for me to choose which of the three I think would be most beneficial to Horizon.

Despite Horizon being the spawn town, I must agree that I am skeptical in choosing the leader of another town that I will not be massively involved with - maybe some RP, perhaps a branch of RIC, but little more.

And that's all I have to say =3
avatar
mimmyjambo
Regular

Posts : 495
Points : 547
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 20
Location : USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-D

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun May 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Joccaren wrote:Ok, I hit "See votes", and I can't vote, so I'm just going to say: Add one to "None of the three".
Edit: Ok, after posting this it has let me vote, so disregard the above.

In all reality, I pick secret option 5, All of the three.

I agree with Wind that each putting towards running the town would be the best option. Each has their own traits that make them viable candidates, each has something they can contribute to the town, and each has flaws that can be covered by the other two.


This also serves to help make Horizon a true vision of our server: A team of leaders working together to present all aspects of our server to newcomers.


Now, to the Candidates:

Kairus:
Kairus is a very kind person, and very good at "Dealing with" newcomers [Anyone who met him on the original map will know what I mean {For those who didn't, he'd basically give out free diamonds to anyone he saw online that he hadn't met before}].
This doesn't, however, help with a town. Whilst dedicated, he lacks focus. Having a part in Horizon may be able to give him that focus, and his immense resources - including time - could aid Horizon in many ways. For Peace's suggestion of a trade route to New Cerberus: If Kairus dedicated all his time and effort into building that, rather than AFKing in his farms, I'd put money on the fact it would probably get done more than twice as fast.
Kairus could easily help all new members to the server get started, donating some of his fortunes in bows, arrows, bones and food to them to aid them in establishing themselves in Horizon. He could also provide large amounts of labour and resources towards any town project, likely speeding its production up immensely.


Scope:
Scope is immensely dedicated to the server, and to his creations [Luck Fogic, Duskville - even in the final days of the old map Scope was still looking after them]. He is well equipped to deal with any disturbances to the town, and would no doubt have fair rules in place that he would diligently enforce if elected.
He is currently going away, and will not be active on the server for a while, and even when active his duties as Semi-Co-Owner [Or whatever] of the server will have to come first.
If elected Mayor, Scope would never abandon Horizon however. I have no doubt he would work towards bettering it as a town if made mayor, and that this one wouldn't be a box, nor a floating sphere [WOULD YOU MAKE A PYRAMIDZ SCOPE?]. His dedication to the server, and the town, would be good for newcomers to see: A well kept and built town, managed by the Semi-Co-Owner or W/E of the server, who they could undoubtedly trust, and who has no real reason [Besides trolling, though Scope takes serious positions very seriously] to do any wrong to them.
Scope's dedication would ensure Horizon would never be left completely abandoned, and would be well kept. He would be a good person for all new players to get to know, and when not trolling he can be fun and occasionally generous [Ok, sometimes even when trolling he can do that]. His dedication would also help ensure any town projects do get done, as he would likely work on them personally until they were complete.


Peace:
I have not had a ton of experience with Peace. The experience I have had with him, however, has been positive. He seems dedicated, and fair - and with more than a little ambition.
He currently owns a potion shop in Horizon, and has a rather active part in the town - even without being mayor - which has already served to make Horizon a much nicer place.
Sometimes his ambition can get ahead of him, however. As has been pointed out numerous times, establishing a town guard without being Mayor, and acting somewhat like he is already mayor at times, has been a little disconcerting. I have no doubt he has Horizon's best interests at heart, however, and his ambition is also put to good use - his idea of a trade route to Cerberus, which is apparently already under construction, being an example of this.
Peace would be a good person for newcomers to see, as he is likely more relatable to them, as well as being an excellent role model. He is a new member to our server, yet is also highly dedicated, productive and fair, as well as at least somewhat active in RP.
Peace would dedicate himself to improving Horizon, and would be a friendly and relatable face for newcomers when they enter the server. His ambition would provide constant ways to improve Horizon, and his initiative would help to push town projects forward. He is fair, and an actual citizen of Horizon as well, and would undoubtedly dedicate himself to the town, and improving it as a fitting display of our server for all Newcomers.



So, you have my reasoning, my vote and my opinion. If all three worked as some sort of council overseeing the town, each could contribute towards making the town a better place, and hopefully provide an image of our server's members working together for newcomers. Each contributing their experience and dedication to Horizon would undoubtedly make it a better place, and hopefully one befitting of the only real ambassador of our server - the town itself.

That is actually a great idea, setting up a town council, everybody inputting with their experience to help Horizon.
avatar
nighttiger1000
Regular

Posts : 326
Points : 364
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Places

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Wheeind on Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm

To the people who say they don't want to vote for another town's mayor:

It isn't just voting for another town's mayor. It's voting on who we think can do the best job leading the creation of the first settlement every person who is accepted into our server will see.

This isn't a privately operated town inviting the whole server to vote on their mayor, this is our spawn town and while who becomes mayor will obviously have an effect on the citizens more than it will people outside of Horizon I think we should do all we can to find the best leadership available because even without the immediate impact on us non-Horizoners it will have a huge long-term effect on the server, especially now that we don't have warps and "Hey, come teleport to Cerberus and let me show you around" isn't an option 2 minutes after someone logs on for the first time.

I think none of the above is a respectable answer in this situation(look at my vote..) but also feel that if anyone voted "None of the 3" because it's the closest to not voting at all they should reconsider.


Also, as someone who has experienced 3 man leadership of a town(early Cerberus) on the last map I have to say that it only works in a minecraft politics setting when the 3 leaders have a very good relationship. This isn't a matter of going to the office and dealing with someone you don't like, it's a game and people will only really be into it if they enjoy what they do. I'm not saying they don't/won't get along or anything like that but I think that should be considered. In theory it's the best option but without an absolute power to end arguments, arrange things and keep things moving I worry that there will be conflict.

There will be a lot of waiting for the other two guys to respond and many delays which will hold the town back in initial progress. I definitely think the 3 candidates should put a lot of thought into it because if they aren't going to give 110% as co-leaders in working together, communicating with each other quickly and minimizing disagreements by finding a similar goal for the town I think we're better off with one person leading and the other two assisting.

_________________
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
avatar
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Posts : 732
Points : 816
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 23
Location : Alabama

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun May 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Wheeind wrote:To the people who say they don't want to vote for another town's mayor:

It isn't just voting for another town's mayor. It's voting on who we think can do the best job leading the creation of the first settlement every person who is accepted into our server will see.

This isn't a privately operated town inviting the whole server to vote on their mayor, this is our spawn town and while who becomes mayor will obviously have an effect on the citizens more than it will people outside of Horizon I think we should do all we can to find the best leadership available because even without the immediate impact on us non-Horizoners it will have a huge long-term effect on the server, especially now that we don't have warps and "Hey, come teleport to Cerberus and let me show you around" isn't an option 2 minutes after someone logs on for the first time.

I think none of the above is a respectable answer in this situation(look at my vote..) but also feel that if anyone voted "None of the 3" because it's the closest to not voting at all they should reconsider.


Also, as someone who has experienced 3 man leadership of a town(early Cerberus) on the last map I have to say that it only works in a minecraft politics setting when the 3 leaders have a very good relationship. This isn't a matter of going to the office and dealing with someone you don't like, it's a game and people will only really be into it if they enjoy what they do. I'm not saying they don't/won't get along or anything like that but I think that should be considered. In theory it's the best option but without an absolute power to end arguments, arrange things and keep things moving I worry that there will be conflict.

There will be a lot of waiting for the other two guys to respond and many delays which will hold the town back in initial progress. I definitely think the 3 candidates should put a lot of thought into it because if they aren't going to give 110% as co-leaders in working together, communicating with each other quickly and minimizing disagreements by finding a similar goal for the town I think we're better off with one person leading and the other two assisting.

That's actually a great idea, I would hate for there to be constant arguments about this.
avatar
nighttiger1000
Regular

Posts : 326
Points : 364
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Places

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Sealand on Mon May 21, 2012 12:38 am

This election thing has blown up quite a bit...

*cracks knuckles*

Kairus: I cannot say I know you too well, and out of the three... I believe you would be the worse choice. No offence is meant. You don't RP(as far as I know), you have not built anything in Horizon but a bread dispenser that someone took everything from, and you are not online a lot. Even when you are online, you are not online at the same time as those who live in the town are. I've asked them and they say they hardly ever see you.

All the things you've said in your speech are either things that you could do without being the mayor, or are apart of your job as a moderator. Being an amazing electrician has nothing to do with becoming a political official. And you do have other priorities, which IS maintaining the server as a moderator.

You are a great, friendly guy, and a god with redstone, Kairus. I do not think you would make a good mayor though.

Scope: The last paragraph in your current speech works against you, for me at least.

Scope wrote:Now, I may not have done much for Horizon itself, I know. But look at what I've done for the server. Everything. I've been nothing but dedicated to the Dawn of Time. Now ask yourself, would you like to see that same dedication to Horizon? I think the answer is obvious.

I would LOVE that kind of dedication for Horizon, and I doubt you could give it. Why? Because of your dedication to the server. You can have one or the other, but I do not believe you can have both, and I would rather you be looking after the server than after the spawn town.

My other reasoning is because I worked with you as vice of Duskville. In my eyes, neither Duskville or Luck Fogic are good representations of running a town. Duskville was made up of essentially Luke, myself, and you. Honestly, there was not much to run. What I felt mostly happened was either I was there to help you out, or to push you, or I would run something by you before I built it for the town. By the time Luke had disappeared, Cerberus was starting to rev up as a major town and we both jumped ship from Duskville. Luck Fogic was you simply you working by yourself with Kadafi on your back.

I cannot do the same thing with you on Horizon, and don't say I wouldn't because I had to push you to make a house there.

You're one of my closest friends, Scope, maybe even the closest, but I do not believe you would be the best choice for Horizon.

Peace: Peace, during these elections you've done quite a bit wrong as everyone else has stated. You've been acting like Horizon is already your own in instating a guard already, you've been attempting to make political stunts to help your campaign, you keep annoying people about their votes, and the worse thing is you are not acting like yourself I feel.

However, despite your poor running, you've done 100 times more for Horizon than any other candidate. Building roads and important buildings, as well as working with your fellow town members to clean Horizon up. So if you can cut the act, I am more than willing to have you as mayor of Horizon, Peace. So you have my vote.

---

I find it funny how Scope was mostly winning in the other election and has absolutely no votes here. I suppose that is because everyone that he was the best choice of the three, but they really didn't want any one of the three?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Posts : 936
Points : 1022
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : 6 miles off the east coast of Britain

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:44 am

Sealand wrote:This election thing has blown up quite a bit...

*cracks knuckles*

Kairus: I cannot say I know you too well, and out of the three... I believe you would be the worse choice. No offence is meant. You don't RP(as far as I know), you have not built anything in Horizon but a bread dispenser that someone took everything from, and you are not online a lot. Even when you are online, you are not online at the same time as those who live in the town are. I've asked them and they say they hardly ever see you.

All the things you've said in your speech are either things that you could do without being the mayor, or are apart of your job as a moderator. Being an amazing electrician has nothing to do with becoming a political official. And you do have other priorities, which IS maintaining the server as a moderator.

You are a great, friendly guy, and a god with redstone, Kairus. I do not think you would make a good mayor though.

Scope: The last paragraph in your current speech works against you, for me at least.

Scope wrote:Now, I may not have done much for Horizon itself, I know. But look at what I've done for the server. Everything. I've been nothing but dedicated to the Dawn of Time. Now ask yourself, would you like to see that same dedication to Horizon? I think the answer is obvious.

I would LOVE that kind of dedication for Horizon, and I doubt you could give it. Why? Because of your dedication to the server. You can have one or the other, but I do not believe you can have both, and I would rather you be looking after the server than after the spawn town.

My other reasoning is because I worked with you as vice of Duskville. In my eyes, neither Duskville or Luck Fogic are good representations of running a town. Duskville was made up of essentially Luke, myself, and you. Honestly, there was not much to run. What I felt mostly happened was either I was there to help you out, or to push you, or I would run something by you before I built it for the town. By the time Luke had disappeared, Cerberus was starting to rev up as a major town and we both jumped ship from Duskville. Luck Fogic was you simply you working by yourself with Kadafi on your back.

I cannot do the same thing with you on Horizon, and don't say I wouldn't because I had to push you to make a house there.

You're one of my closest friends, Scope, maybe even the closest, but I do not believe you would be the best choice for Horizon.

Peace: Peace, during these elections you've done quite a bit wrong as everyone else has stated. You've been acting like Horizon is already your own in instating a guard already, you've been attempting to make political stunts to help your campaign, you keep annoying people about their votes, and the worse thing is you are not acting like yourself I feel.

However, despite your poor running, you've done 100 times more for Horizon than any other candidate. Building roads and important buildings, as well as working with your fellow town members to clean Horizon up. So if you can cut the act, I am more than willing to have you as mayor of Horizon, Peace. So you have my vote.

---

I find it funny how Scope was mostly winning in the other election and has absolutely no votes here. I suppose that is because everyone that he was the best choice of the three, but they really didn't want any one of the three?
I completely agree, I haven't been acting myself recently, probably due to the fact that I am a bit stressed out (Not because of the server, but life things.)
avatar
nighttiger1000
Regular

Posts : 326
Points : 364
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Places

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by chipset3363 on Mon May 21, 2012 2:14 am

This is why I didn’t vote for Scope, Kairus and the ‘None of these three’ vote:

Kairus I don’t know you that well but I’m sure you’re a nice person but I don’t know you, one way to win an election is to get to know your people and that’s one thing you HAVEN’T done. You don’t have even a house in the town, this has decided that you’re not meeting the rules and requirements for being a candidate; you shouldn’t even be in the elections. You have done nothing but build a private dispenser that has nothing in it, you say you’re a good redstone engineer and you can build farms but that’s not what we want, we want someone that can do more than that you can do all of that without being a mayor. Sorry but I think you shouldn’t even be in the elections and you can’t do any good for us as far as I can see but build Redstone machines.
Scope: You’re a great guy and I know you can do the job of being a mayor well (from examples), you have strong links with people and you know what to do but maybe not when and you I don’t think catch on that quickly as some other mayors. You are funny and have a good laugh but I don’t think you would take things that seriously as some people may want you too; this concerns me greatly as I want a mayor who would take his people and followers seriously.
The ‘none of these three vote’ is a stupid option, who wants to be on the reviving end of Frazz’s Plans that will probably end in death, only people that are scared of change or who don’t care for the town would vote for this option leaving the people who want to make a difference with their vote (for the better) in the cold and stuck in the mud.
avatar
chipset3363
Regular

Posts : 121
Points : 129
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 22
Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Judgement_weasel on Mon May 21, 2012 5:13 am

I can't help but feel like this is an elaborate plot to get me to post. You're a sinister, sinister diety, Frazz. Now, my vote goes to Peace Birchwood. I believe he's the sort of dedicated, hard worked spawn town needs. He just has a bit to work out.

Judgement_weasel
Regular

Posts : 26
Points : 28
Join date : 2011-07-04
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Squii on Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 am

chipset3363 wrote:This is why I didn’t vote for Scope, Kairus and the ‘None of these three’ vote:

Kairus I don’t know you that well but I’m sure you’re a nice person but I don’t know you, one way to win an election is to get to know your people and that’s one thing you HAVEN’T done. You don’t have even a house in the town, this has decided that you’re not meeting the rules and requirements for being a candidate; you shouldn’t even be in the elections. You have done nothing but build a private dispenser that has nothing in it, you say you’re a good redstone engineer and you can build farms but that’s not what we want, we want someone that can do more than that you can do all of that without being a mayor. Sorry but I think you shouldn’t even be in the elections and you can’t do any good for us as far as I can see but build Redstone machines.

The ‘none of these three vote’ is a stupid option, who wants to be on the reviving end of Frazz’s Plans that will probably end in death, only people that are scared of change or who don’t care for the town would vote for this option leaving the people who want to make a difference with their vote (for the better) in the cold and stuck in the mud.
You went a bit aggressive there when talking about Kairus...

Also "none of the three" is a valid option, "Frazz' plann that will probably end in death" so what you're saying is Frazz doesn't have the skill to make this work?
Not wanting any of the mayors has nothing to do with "being afraid of change" or "not caring for the town", what change are we afraid of?
And if we're voting we do care for the town, we just believe that there is no "best candidate".
avatar
Squii
Loot God

Posts : 353
Points : 365
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Caelondia.

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Kairus on Mon May 21, 2012 9:29 am

lol, Squii, I thought so too, slightly.

I am completely fine with people not voting for me, not because I am like 'fine, your loss' but rather that I believe I am NOT the perfect person for the job (no one is), and if there is someone who I believe betters me then I would vote for them if I were in your shoes too.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MY LATEST PROJECT (UPDATED 10/2):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Kairus
Regular

Posts : 982
Points : 1117
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 23
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 am

I'm fairly sure everyone major has input their vote by now.
Anyone else left who hasn't voted clearly doesn't check the forums, and thus isn't truly connected to the community, and thus doesn't need to vote.

Should I announce the results, or wait a little while longer?

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Posts : 824
Points : 1039
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by HereticalPsycho on Mon May 21, 2012 11:48 am

maybe start a 12 hour countdown?
avatar
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Posts : 294
Points : 305
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Wheeind on Mon May 21, 2012 12:13 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:I'm fairly sure everyone major has input their vote by now.
Anyone else left who hasn't voted clearly doesn't check the forums, and thus isn't truly connected to the community, and thus doesn't need to vote.

Should I announce the results, or wait a little while longer?

A lot of the votes still aren't accounted for. The official vote as of now is 7 peace, 7 no one, 2 kai so I think you should give it more time to hopefully get a few more of the votes confirmed.

_________________
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
avatar
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Posts : 732
Points : 816
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 23
Location : Alabama

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by HereticalPsycho on Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Wheeind wrote:2 kai

Does that mean my vote for Kai doesnt count as i didnt give a good reason? Cos if my reason wasnt good enough i can provide a new one

"I Vote for Kairus for Mayor, This is because I believe he has what it takes to look after the town and assist with all its needs. He also was co-owner on my classic server so i know first hand that he deals with things fairly where possible. As i understand it Kairus does not play a very large part RP wise, however i believe as mayor he could and would take on board the responsibility and even join in the RP as Mayor. Scope would also be an acceptable choice as i think he could run things just as well, however as i said in my original reasoning my the only difference between the two in my opinion would be me picking favourites. And just so peace gets a mention, dont know you, would love to get to know you, keep up the good work around horizon... well to a certain extent i'd rather it if the overlich's invasions didnt become suicide for me, but I digress"

Does my vote count now?
avatar
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Posts : 294
Points : 305
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Sealand on Mon May 21, 2012 3:11 pm

I believe your vote was one of the few that were counted because the rest never explained why they voted for Kairus.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Posts : 936
Points : 1022
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : 6 miles off the east coast of Britain

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by HereticalPsycho on Mon May 21, 2012 6:19 pm

fair enough, i needed to expand on my reason anyway it was lacking
avatar
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Posts : 294
Points : 305
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm

How many people haven't explained their votes?
avatar
nighttiger1000
Regular

Posts : 326
Points : 364
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Places

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Alaystus on Mon May 21, 2012 11:23 pm

I am new to the server, however eager to play! I heard that Horizon had a good setup for a town, and that it was electing a new mayor. I read the speeches, and made a final decision; Peace was the best choice compared to the other candidates. He provided a very convincing speech and had strong points. He sounds like a person who genuineley wants to help and build a better town.

Alaystus

Alaystus
___________

Posts : 3
Points : 3
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Squii on Tue May 22, 2012 12:09 am

Alaystus wrote:I am new to the server, however eager to play! I heard that Horizon had a good setup for a town, and that it was electing a new mayor. I read the speeches, and made a final decision; Peace was the best choice compared to the other candidates. He provided a very convincing speech and had strong points. He sounds like a person who genuineley wants to help and build a better town.

Alaystus
This has nothing to do with you being his friend does it?
:3

I'm not sure your vote should count since you just joined the server, I doubt you ever talked to the other candidates >.>
avatar
Squii
Loot God

Posts : 353
Points : 365
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Caelondia.

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Mazer_ on Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 am

chipset3363 wrote:This is why I didn’t vote for Scope, Kairus and the ‘None of these three’ vote:

Kairus I don’t know you that well but I’m sure you’re a nice person but I don’t know you, one way to win an election is to get to know your people and that’s one thing you HAVEN’T done. You don’t have even a house in the town, this has decided that you’re not meeting the rules and requirements for being a candidate; you shouldn’t even be in the elections. You have done nothing but build a private dispenser that has nothing in it, you say you’re a good redstone engineer and you can build farms but that’s not what we want, we want someone that can do more than that you can do all of that without being a mayor. Sorry but I think you shouldn’t even be in the elections and you can’t do any good for us as far as I can see but build Redstone machines.
Scope: You’re a great guy and I know you can do the job of being a mayor well (from examples), you have strong links with people and you know what to do but maybe not when and you I don’t think catch on that quickly as some other mayors. You are funny and have a good laugh but I don’t think you would take things that seriously as some people may want you too; this concerns me greatly as I want a mayor who would take his people and followers seriously.
The ‘none of these three vote’ is a stupid option, who wants to be on the reviving end of Frazz’s Plans that will probably end in death, only people that are scared of change or who don’t care for the town would vote for this option leaving the people who want to make a difference with their vote (for the better) in the cold and stuck in the mud.
Chip, you made me lose all my respect for you. Good job. Kai, is a very cool person. He even ran his own little small town, Pantora. But still. That was mean. D:

Also I ended up voting for Kai.
avatar
Mazer_
Regular

Posts : 877
Points : 1044
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Mazer_ wrote:
chipset3363 wrote:This is why I didn’t vote for Scope, Kairus and the ‘None of these three’ vote:

Kairus I don’t know you that well but I’m sure you’re a nice person but I don’t know you, one way to win an election is to get to know your people and that’s one thing you HAVEN’T done. You don’t have even a house in the town, this has decided that you’re not meeting the rules and requirements for being a candidate; you shouldn’t even be in the elections. You have done nothing but build a private dispenser that has nothing in it, you say you’re a good redstone engineer and you can build farms but that’s not what we want, we want someone that can do more than that you can do all of that without being a mayor. Sorry but I think you shouldn’t even be in the elections and you can’t do any good for us as far as I can see but build Redstone machines.
Scope: You’re a great guy and I know you can do the job of being a mayor well (from examples), you have strong links with people and you know what to do but maybe not when and you I don’t think catch on that quickly as some other mayors. You are funny and have a good laugh but I don’t think you would take things that seriously as some people may want you too; this concerns me greatly as I want a mayor who would take his people and followers seriously.
The ‘none of these three vote’ is a stupid option, who wants to be on the reviving end of Frazz’s Plans that will probably end in death, only people that are scared of change or who don’t care for the town would vote for this option leaving the people who want to make a difference with their vote (for the better) in the cold and stuck in the mud.
Chip, you made me lose all my respect for you. Good job. Kai, is a very cool person. He even ran his own little small town, Pantora. But still. That was mean. D:

Also I ended up voting for Kai.

Mazer,not to be rude but everybody has a right to their opinion, therefore, if he doesn't want Kai, that's up to him. I'm not sure it was to kind for you to lose all respect for him because he stated his opinion. Anyways G'day sir.
avatar
nighttiger1000
Regular

Posts : 326
Points : 364
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Places

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by mimmyjambo on Tue May 22, 2012 10:36 pm

*sssssssssnip*


Last edited by mimmyjambo on Tue May 22, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
mimmyjambo
Regular

Posts : 495
Points : 547
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 20
Location : USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-D

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:47 pm

mimmyjambo wrote:
Mazer_ wrote:Chip, you made me lose all my respect for you. Good job. Kai, is a very cool person. He even ran his own little small town, Pantora. But still. That was mean. D:

Also I ended up voting for Kai.

I do believe that Chip is not violating any kind of legislation or ruling, as I'm not aware of any which state that voting for someone other than Kai is unacceptable. I also believe that it is Chipset's right to vote for someone other than Kai, right? And that the idea of this is to find out who wants who to be the leader of Horizon, and more importantly why, right? So if someone else votes for a different candidate to the one you vote for, and they can justify it, who gives a flying tyrannosaurus about it (in any way other than gratitude for that person putting across their opinion in a vote that is all about opinion)? Or am I missing something here, guys?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh, so I'm not missing anything? Good. In which case, Mazer, I say this to you:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at those pictures XD You worded your statement very nicely, I worded mine terribly :P
avatar
nighttiger1000
Regular

Posts : 326
Points : 364
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Places

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Wheeind on Tue May 22, 2012 11:14 pm

mimmyjambo wrote:
Mazer_ wrote:Chip, you made me lose all my respect for you. Good job. Kai, is a very cool person. He even ran his own little small town, Pantora. But still. That was mean. D:

Also I ended up voting for Kai.

I do believe that Chip is not violating any kind of legislation or ruling, as I'm not aware of any which state that voting for someone other than Kai is unacceptable.

Mazer said he lost all respect for chip due to the aggressive nature of his post. Chip is the one who said people shouldn't be voting a certain way*(see below), Mazer's post never directly said anything of the sort but was pointing out why he felt Chip was wrong in saying Kairus would be a bad leader. You said it in your own post, we have every right to support who ever we want to.

Chip's post was unnecessarily rude and attacked every relevant voting option except Peace. He's welcome to support the candidate he thinks is best but doing so in that way isn't very respectable. There's just no need for aggressive politics here. I think Mazer's post was totally justified even if he didn't word it very well.

* This is what I was referencing:
Spoiler:
The ‘none of these three vote’ is a stupid option, who wants to be on the reviving end of Frazz’s Plans that will probably end in death, only people that are scared of change or who don’t care for the town would vote for this option leaving the people who want to make a difference with their vote (for the better) in the cold and stuck in the mud.

_________________
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
avatar
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Posts : 732
Points : 816
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 23
Location : Alabama

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by mimmyjambo on Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 pm

/me decides to withdraw his statement seeing as he was dumb enough to write it without looking at Chip's post as well as Mazer's, (but will not apologise to Mazer ;) ) despite the fact his post was cool :P
avatar
mimmyjambo
Regular

Posts : 495
Points : 547
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 20
Location : USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-D

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum