» ..o_o
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 am by Faelar Laelither

» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Thu May 17, 2012 11:09 am

RESULTS:

I'd like to personally introduce the new mayor of Horizon.
PEACE.

Anything and Everything to do with Horizon are now under his control.
However, upon a very long, complex and detailed discussion with key Server members, I have a second announcement to make.

Sometime in the close future, Horizon will no longer be the location of the spawn point.
I feel it would be unfair if Horizon had an advantage that other town's could not ever get.
That advantage would be the ability to use both /home and /spawn to get home quicker.
This advantage would come in handy when we get around to limiting the use of these commands.
In the discussion with Server Staff, Sealand brought up an idea that he stated was originally suggested a while ago. The "Spawn" will moved to an area far, far away from towns, titled "The Proving Grounds".

It is here that all new players will live until they are either accepted/invited into a town, or some-how manage to find their way to civilization.
No regular members of the server will be allowed to build here, as it is for new players only.

The Proving Grounds will also give new players something to work towards, something to strive for. I have a feeling that each town will also start to compete to grab the better looking new-comers (But we did not want this to be a competition).

I hope that Peace, nor any other members of Horizon, will not be too greatly saddened by the sudden decision to move Spawn.
If such mad depression and rejection do show up about "The Proving Grounds" idea, myself and others would be more then happy to listen to criticism.

Last edited by TheFrazzledKid on Fri May 25, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding poll)

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: New Horizon Mayor, and other announcements.

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sun May 20, 2012 8:04 am

Speeches now added.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TeHatter on Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 am

I voted for Peace because, well, he changed a LOT on the temporary map for the better, and I know that he can do the same for Horizon. He and I have already been taking charge of the town, establishing a guard, designating new areas of the town to business and residential districts, and things have been running outrageously smoothly. I know Peace to be extremely honest and efficient, great qualities for someone in a position of pseudo-politics. The town and its well-being is of utmost importance to him, and highest on his priority list. I know he'll be a fitting mayor for this amazing town.
TeHatter
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun May 20, 2012 10:21 am

As an administrator, I wanted to make a very careful, educated decision to decide exactly who among the three candidates I should vote to become mayor. After days and days of thought, I have made my decision based on the following information I have gathered over the course of the election:

--------------------------

Scope, a very, very hard working member of the server, has been doing his best to fully fix and establish the server while dealing with his own business of moving. He has had experience in leading a town and seems very capable. However, there have been cold accusations against scope. Because I'm apparently supposed to publicly comment the reasoning behind my voting, voting for Scope at this time is apparently dangerous as I would become targeted by similar accusations.

------------------------

Peace is a seemingly competent and hard working member of Horizon, but he has done a number of things in his campaign that I have found mildly disconcerting:

1: During the incident with cejj, Peace seemed, in my opinion, to turn the incident into a political stunt to his own benefit.

2: Peace has referred to Horizon as what will be "hopefully my town". While I have confronted him about this and the previous subject, I remained mildly disturbed. If "our town" was said instead, I would feel more comfortable about what had been said. Such dialogue should truly be avoided, as it sounds as if Horizon would be steered into a monarchy- and I do not advise this in the spawn town.

3: Before the time came to even vote on the final three, Peace began to assemble the town guard as if he were already the leader of Horizon, despite the fact that he currently does not have the authority to organize such things.

------------------------------

Kairus is a good person, a hard worker, and a redstone genius. However, I do not particularly feel comfortable with his excessive advertising in Horizon- a town that he apparently doesn't have a house in. Ultimately, his final campaign speech is which disconcerted me, in which he repeatedly badgered Mazer without provocation.

With the information I have presented, I felt that none of the three candidates were safe or wise to vote for, and so I will be voting for no one. Sorry, but you have all scared me out of the election- thanks for that.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sun May 20, 2012 10:34 am

Added a fourth option to the poll, as Faelar gave me the idea.
(And yes, if the fourth option wins, I have a plan to execute).

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun May 20, 2012 10:45 am

I voted for no one because:

Kairus:
He's a good guy and I believe he has good intentions but being a moderator and saying he will give people stuff really doesn't sell me. I feel he would be a good member of the town if he still offered all of those things without trying to take over as leader too.

Peace
He seems to be a very nice person but again I feel he is best off as a productive member of the town not a leader. He wants the town to be a good place and I know he can help greatly in that but after the way he reacted to what cejj did and his speech I really question his viability as a long-term leader. Nothing personal Peace. After seeing your mission statement I honestly think you should be shooting for captain of the guard not leader of the whole town.

Scope
He's proven and dedicated. I think he is the best option if I must choose one of these three however I'm concerned about his ability to be active along with maintaining the server and moving/working.

If no better candidate steps up I think having all 3 of them contribute to the leadership could possibly be the best option.

If the no one option falls through/becomes null because of lack of other options consider my vote for Scope with Peace as the guard captain.

Last edited by Wheeind on Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Sun May 20, 2012 11:04 am

I'm not sure who I'll be voting for, probably Scope or Kai. Peace? No. For the reasons that Fae said, and his speech was... I didn't really like it. I'll put it like Fae did.

Scope's speech was quite cool, only mentioning his dedication. Wich was strangely enough for me. Yet, I don't particularly like Scope and he's moving, and stated he wouldn't be online much... So I have my doubts there.

------------------------

Peace, no. As for the reasons Fae stated.

------------------------

Kairus, ah Kairus. A good friend of mine, a redstne genius. His creations are truly amazing, yet I find he should have even a house in Horizon at least... To run for mayor. His 'badgering' in his speech, was fine. I've grown emotionally and mentally strong from it actually. So almost nothing get to me. It's also fine with Kai doing it Fae, he usually does it, just joking around, the troll he is. He is a kind guy, and will share. He's a good player.

I WOULD vote for Kai, yet it didn't quite do it for me. I won't vote at all ATM, not even for none of the three. As I may change my mind.
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sun May 20, 2012 11:18 am

I'm regretting putting in that fourth option.
Ah well.
Wouldn't it be funny if no leader is chosen for Horizon, my "plan" is to blow up Horizon?

That'd be pretty funny.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun May 20, 2012 11:19 am

TheFrazzledKid wrote:I'm regretting putting in that fourth option.
Ah well.
Wouldn't it be funny if no leader is chosen for Horizon, my "plan" is to blow up Horizon?

That'd be pretty funny.

A crater would not be a good representation for newcomers.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun May 20, 2012 11:22 am

Well, I'm speechless right now.
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Sun May 20, 2012 11:33 am

Why do we have to comment? Is it to see who voted? Well, I voted. Go me!

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sun May 20, 2012 11:36 am

As a citizen and semi-political figure of New Cerberus, I personally do not believe it is right to interfere with the affairs of other cities. I would abstain, yet as I am mandated to vote, I will choose the option none of the above. I will not offer commentary, as again, I believe the people of Horizon should have their own self-determination in these circumstances.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun May 20, 2012 11:38 am

SelectorOfSouls wrote:Why do we have to comment? Is it to see who voted? Well, I voted. Go me!

You comment to put logic behind your votes. We want to know WHY you voted, not that you did. This is a very sensitive subject and more thought has to go into it than "he got 6 votes, he got 7".

My understanding is that any vote that isn't clearly stated doesn't count. I suggested it in-game but I'll also add it here, if you vote bold under or above your post who you voted for. For example:

I voted for no one because:
-insert my post here-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Sun May 20, 2012 11:47 am

Ok, apparently I need to comment. Frazz, I'll have you know I'm not happy with the whole "comment and give your opinion", but I'll do it anyways :3

Ok, let's start with Scope. Oh god he's gonna kill me for this. Scope you're amazing, funny, and you've done a heckuva lot with the server, and I respect you for that. However, you've only appeared in Horizon once during RP. Yes, you've a house in Horizon, but you don't ever seem to be there. Of course, that might be 'cause I'm offline at that time, I dunno. Anyways, my vote will not be going to you

However, the gift you left me in my house in NC was lovely :D

Now to Kairus I barely know you, and I like to get to know the candidates before I vote. I understand that you are a redstone genius (as noted from the comments above) and honestly, I'd love to get some pointers from you on how the heck to hook up a circuit, since I'm a "redstone dumbass". But I'm sorry, my vote isn't going to go to you.

Finally, Peace. Yes, I recall what happened after cejj's "Trial", but I thought of that as being just kind of a miscalculation on your part. After hearing some of the posts above about making this "your town", this also kinda confused me. The town doesn't belong to just one person, it belongs to all of us. We all have a say in what happens.
That being said, you've done a LOT for Horizon. You've built the greenhouse, started the potion shop, helped with the roads, worked on getting a town guard up (which, after Horizon's invasion by Kali'naj a few days ago, we need), and you're generally a nice guy.

My vote goes to Peace for this election. I'll state again, I like having "no comment" elections, but that's history now, since I've posted this up.

Good luck to all the candidates, I like you all, but I've put in my final vote. I look forward to RPing with you all in the future.
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HereticalPsycho on Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

BlazeZeroThree wrote:I personally do not believe it is right to interfere with the affairs of other cities

Under normal circumstances I would agree, however it is Spawn and the impression it leaves affects everyone there for everyone should be entitles a say. Someone also mention that Kai was going a little heavy on the advertising. Honestly half that was me so that might be worth conisdering.

Scopes a good bloke, does the server alot of good having him here and i havent seen too much of peace but he seems nice too. Ultimately my vote stays with Kairus, can't really explain why, call it favouritism with Scope being a close second
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm

i voted nobody because i don't like politicts (cbf trying to spell that bad word) and i don't have to vote properly (and even then i can still not giev a dam) until i am 18 so. yeh. *donkey vote!*
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:35 pm

My vote I have decided will go to Peace; Let me explain why:
On the temp maps I have seen much change but not as much as how well Peace can run and handle a town/city, in ‘mazer town’ after mazers down fall Peace rose up and took charge, fixing the town and expanding it to heights hardly seen on temp maps. Peace has shown me how much of a capable and good leader he can be and what good he can do for any town.
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Porkchop on Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Changed my mind.

I put some thought into my vote and decided to vote for Peace.

Scope, I'm fairly sure, only built his house in Horizon after he was informed it was mandatory to remain eligible. He hasn't done much for the town and I've never actually seen him in Horizon, except for once or twice before the elections.

Kai is a master with redstone and he would be a good candidate for mayor, however his constant advertising and bribery did ruin it for me. He build his bread dispenser right outside of my shop which really bugged me and he also placed signs outside of my shop and right out of spawn. Giant redstone contraptions don't make a difference to my opinion.

My vote goes to to Peace, because he is the most active in Horizon of the three and he has done a ton for the town such as building a potion shop, founding the town guard and helping with the roads, among other things. He has proven to be an excellent candidate with good experience with running a town and his RP skills have flourished.

P.S. I was already chosen as captain of the guard guys, I don't want to be overthrown as that, too :(

Last edited by Sir Porkchop on Mon May 21, 2012 4:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed my vote)
Sir Porkchop
Regular

Location : Why must you ask these questions? Are you stalking me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sun May 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Short reasons are easy.

Scope: Never seen him in Horizon, except when he was being an enderman. Never seen in in Horizon IC. Gives me the feeling he just "Wants the title".
I feel that the mayor should be selected for IC reasons, not for what you can do for the server, which you should be able to do anyway.

Kairus: Same as above, plus
grief and griefers will be immediately cleaned up by the banhammer
This makes me feel he'll ignore anything that happens to Horizon and not do his duty when it comes to serverstuff and hammertiming. No vote for you, but thanks for the bread.
By the way, the bread dispenser is empty again.

Peace: I've seen him IC, and he's actually doing work in order to reach the Mayor chair. He is the only one I have seen IC, and even if he ruins my plan for a future potion shop in Horizon, I vote for him because the town is more important to me than my potion trading.
And do note that a super-giantic slime is heading towards Horizon. Guard. Up. Now.

Last edited by Oddwarf on Sun May 20, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by HereticalPsycho on Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Sir Porkchop wrote:he also placed signs outside of my shop and right out of spawn.

The signs werent Kai they were me just saying, i did not inform him i would be doing that either so blame lies with me not him.
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sun May 20, 2012 3:41 pm

I voted none of the three.

Scope is a very nice and dedicated guy, even though sometimes he trolls me way to hard :c back in Duskville, he managed the town decently, and he spent quite some time on the server trying to make it work, though since he is moving, his inactivity makes me worry about what will happen to the town meanwhile.

--------------

Peace came a long way since he joined the server (luldragonborn), but still, like Faelar stated, "hopefully my town" and making decisions for the town without being the mayor, such as setting up a town guard drove me away from him.

--------------

I barely ever talked to Kairus, but I know he's a nice guy, though I don't know nothing else about him, nor his experience in running a town so voting for him wouldn't be the greatest idea.
Also "being good with redstone" doesn't make any difference to me (no offense intended), we are talking about elections and capability for running a town, unless you can do a redstone contraption that can run the town for you, it shouldn't make any difference.

--------------

If "none of the three" is removed as an option, my vote goes for Scope.

If these elections were of some town on the server, I wouldn't care at all about the results, this is the first thing people will see when they join the server, and that is why I think the entire server is relevant when it comes to choosing the mayor of the town.

On a side note: Sir Porkchop being chosen the captain of the guard worries me, the captain should be selected by the MAYOR, AFTER the elections, not by citizens, also to me it looks like he was chosen not because of his competence, but because of friendship (if that is not the case I apologize in advance).
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Sun May 20, 2012 3:51 pm

HereticalPsycho wrote:
Sir Porkchop wrote:he also placed signs outside of my shop and right out of spawn.

The signs werent Kai they were me just saying, i did not inform him i would be doing that either so blame lies with me not him.

O.o Ah well, to all the people who decided against voting for me because of this, I don't mind, I didn't do any advertising, only the bribing and bread dispenser.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Ok, I hit "See votes", and I can't vote, so I'm just going to say: Add one to "None of the three".
Edit: Ok, after posting this it has let me vote, so disregard the above.

In all reality, I pick secret option 5, All of the three.

I agree with Wind that each putting towards running the town would be the best option. Each has their own traits that make them viable candidates, each has something they can contribute to the town, and each has flaws that can be covered by the other two.

This also serves to help make Horizon a true vision of our server: A team of leaders working together to present all aspects of our server to newcomers.

Now, to the Candidates:

Kairus:
Kairus is a very kind person, and very good at "Dealing with" newcomers [Anyone who met him on the original map will know what I mean {For those who didn't, he'd basically give out free diamonds to anyone he saw online that he hadn't met before}].
This doesn't, however, help with a town. Whilst dedicated, he lacks focus. Having a part in Horizon may be able to give him that focus, and his immense resources - including time - could aid Horizon in many ways. For Peace's suggestion of a trade route to New Cerberus: If Kairus dedicated all his time and effort into building that, rather than AFKing in his farms, I'd put money on the fact it would probably get done more than twice as fast.
Kairus could easily help all new members to the server get started, donating some of his fortunes in bows, arrows, bones and food to them to aid them in establishing themselves in Horizon. He could also provide large amounts of labour and resources towards any town project, likely speeding its production up immensely.

Scope:
Scope is immensely dedicated to the server, and to his creations [Luck Fogic, Duskville - even in the final days of the old map Scope was still looking after them]. He is well equipped to deal with any disturbances to the town, and would no doubt have fair rules in place that he would diligently enforce if elected.
He is currently going away, and will not be active on the server for a while, and even when active his duties as Semi-Co-Owner [Or whatever] of the server will have to come first.
If elected Mayor, Scope would never abandon Horizon however. I have no doubt he would work towards bettering it as a town if made mayor, and that this one wouldn't be a box, nor a floating sphere [WOULD YOU MAKE A PYRAMIDZ SCOPE?]. His dedication to the server, and the town, would be good for newcomers to see: A well kept and built town, managed by the Semi-Co-Owner or W/E of the server, who they could undoubtedly trust, and who has no real reason [Besides trolling, though Scope takes serious positions very seriously] to do any wrong to them.
Scope's dedication would ensure Horizon would never be left completely abandoned, and would be well kept. He would be a good person for all new players to get to know, and when not trolling he can be fun and occasionally generous [Ok, sometimes even when trolling he can do that]. His dedication would also help ensure any town projects do get done, as he would likely work on them personally until they were complete.

Peace:
I have not had a ton of experience with Peace. The experience I have had with him, however, has been positive. He seems dedicated, and fair - and with more than a little ambition.
He currently owns a potion shop in Horizon, and has a rather active part in the town - even without being mayor - which has already served to make Horizon a much nicer place.
Sometimes his ambition can get ahead of him, however. As has been pointed out numerous times, establishing a town guard without being Mayor, and acting somewhat like he is already mayor at times, has been a little disconcerting. I have no doubt he has Horizon's best interests at heart, however, and his ambition is also put to good use - his idea of a trade route to Cerberus, which is apparently already under construction, being an example of this.
Peace would be a good person for newcomers to see, as he is likely more relatable to them, as well as being an excellent role model. He is a new member to our server, yet is also highly dedicated, productive and fair, as well as at least somewhat active in RP.
Peace would dedicate himself to improving Horizon, and would be a friendly and relatable face for newcomers when they enter the server. His ambition would provide constant ways to improve Horizon, and his initiative would help to push town projects forward. He is fair, and an actual citizen of Horizon as well, and would undoubtedly dedicate himself to the town, and improving it as a fitting display of our server for all Newcomers.

So, you have my reasoning, my vote and my opinion. If all three worked as some sort of council overseeing the town, each could contribute towards making the town a better place, and hopefully provide an image of our server's members working together for newcomers. Each contributing their experience and dedication to Horizon would undoubtedly make it a better place, and hopefully one befitting of the only real ambassador of our server - the town itself.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sun May 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Squii wrote: the captain should be selected by the MAYOR, AFTER the elections, not by citizens, also to me it looks like he was chosen not because of his competence, but because of friendship (if that is not the case I apologize in advance).

Erm, you're against the Captain of the Guard being chosen because of friendship not competence, but you want a SINGLE PERSON to choose someone THEY want to be captain of the guard instead of a whole town deciding? o_o

I don't get it.

(Also, like I said, I already have a plan if "None" win's out)

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sun May 20, 2012 6:52 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:
Squii wrote: the captain should be selected by the MAYOR, AFTER the elections, not by citizens, also to me it looks like he was chosen not because of his competence, but because of friendship (if that is not the case I apologize in advance).

Erm, you're against the Captain of the Guard being chosen because of friendship not competence, but you want a SINGLE PERSON to chose someone THEY want to be captain of the guard instead of a whole town deciding? o_o

I don't get it.

Though Frazz I'm pretty sure that a SINGLE PERSON choosing someone THEY want as captain, was what happened when they choose Porkchop, I'd prefer if the mayor himself chose who was the guard captain.

I'm not sure why only a single person deciding who would be the guard captain would rule out that person being competent instead of just a friend.

If I remember correctly, the citizens didn't participate at all when Chris was chosen as the guard captain, and it still was a great choice. <3 Chris

:3
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum