Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

[Finished]Empty Closure/Secrets of the Dead

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Finished]Empty Closure/Secrets of the Dead

Post by Sealand on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

This is the story of Richards of when he left the Dawnlands that I have been writing, and now I'm going to start posting what I have while I finish the story up. I know I'm not the most magnificent writer, so if you do see a grammatical or spelling error, please PM me or message me through Skype so I can fix it.

Each chapter has been approved (and improved) by Faelar. So everything in the story follows the lore and is 'canon', meaning it happens, but it's off camera to the regular DoT RP.

Last edited by Sealand on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Prologue

Post by Sealand on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:59 pm

“One. Two. Three!” CRASH. The dark room flooded with the light of the hallway as a blonde man in suspenders barreled his way into the room through the locked door, causing it to swing loudly against the wall. A second man, donned in a green hood and clothing, calmly walked in after him.

“Chris, I don’t quite think breaking down the door was necessary…” The man in green said, looking back at the door.

“Well, it seemed fun to do; now my shoulder hurts…” The man in suspender, Chris, said as he searched through the room. “I can’t find anything that says whe- Oh; here we go! Look at this, Faelar.” Chris said, snatching a paper from the bedside table in the room and handing it to the man in green, the druid, Faelar.

Faelar took the paper and stared at it before looking back up at Chris. “It’s a… goodbye letter.”

“A goodbye letter? What does it say?” Chris asked, moving himself to read it over Faelar’s shoulder.

“Dear friends…” Faelar started.

“I assume you’ve noticed my absence. To which I am sorry I could not tell everyone personally, but my mind has waited far too long for this. I wanted to leave for my own quest before we left the outpost, and my chance, behind. Before I explain myself, I wish to share a story.

I once lived in a village named Woodward. It was an unusually large village for one deep inside a forest; I suppose it was because we were near the main road of a once great kingdom. Many merchants and adventurers stopped by, sharing wealth and tales of their own. Many other shady people stopped by on their way to another, less restricted town named Blacktooth. Despite it all, Woodward was a peaceful place, of course that changed rapidly.

To me, it was a lucky day, in a way. I felt unusually powered that day, as if I had slept for weeks. I just though I slept well, now that I look back I have doubts that it was just simply luck. Anyhow, I had decided not to waste this energy and thought I would go out hunting early, before I came back to take midday patrol duty. My family wasn’t the wealthiest, and some fresh food would be welcome on the table. I saved myself accidentally.
It first came to my attention when I saw thick smoke high in the air on my way back. I discarded the thought, I foolishly thought it was the blacksmith’s place, maybe he was working on something special for some adventurer. I didn’t take it seriously enough, and when I finally got back in sight of Woodward it was far too late to do anything.

As you could’ve guessed, the smoke was Woodward’s houses burning. Flames rose high over the stone walls, and bandits swarmed on top of the walls like mice. I couldn’t believe my eyes; I must have stood in the middle of the road for five whole minutes until one of the bastards caught sight of me and pointed me out. Without a second thought, I ran for my life, leaving the fresh game and what had been my home for 17 years far behind me. I took refuge in the forest, thinking I knew it like the back of my hand and much more than the bandits, it was a naïve thought.

I got lost the first night, but kept pressing forward, barely stopping to rest or eat due to the terror of the bandits finding me. I think I spent a week purely running, and I’m surprised I didn’t die. I got Nether of a lot lost, however, but eventually I made it to the town of Blacktooth. I immediately ran towards the guard’s offices once I found the town, which was an incredibly stupid thing to do in the dark. Seems almost instantly I was knocked out, to awake and find myself on a pirate airship.

However, that story isn’t important, my village’s destruction is. It is my reason for leaving, because I believe someone else but me survived. I believe someone allowed the bandits in and betrayed what was once my village, and I believe I know how to find out how. A foolish reason to leave during the Overlich’s attack, but I feel as this story needs to close before something, anything, happens to me. Whatever it may be.

Since the Eccentric Divine’s destruction, this has been on my mind more and more, driving me mad. It’s a selfish and foolish quest for me, and I hope whoever reads this understands. Friends, you won’t have me in your battles with the Overlich for sometime, and I wish you luck. I hope to be back in time to help slay the Overlich in battle, if not I trust everyone one of my friends to.

- Richards, Knight of the Eccentric Divine. “

Faelar and Chris stood in silence for a moment as Faelar finished; they exchanged worried looks.

“I hope he’ll be alright.” Chris muttered, scratching the back on his head.

Faelar just sighed and rolled the letter up. “I’m sure he’ll be fine, he fights the undead for a living…”

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1

Post by Sealand on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Richards crashed through the dark forest’s bushes and branches, desperately fleeing from the growing sounds of undead moans. Bits of branch and leaves clung to his sweat dampened hair and clothing as he painfully exerted himself in order to get away. His only hope was to get to Midrid City, capital of the Highlands, and warn them of the approaching undead army.

His foot snagged on a tree root, causing him to tumble down a steep slope, cursing all the way down. The momentum sent him flying through bushes and slamming onto a hard rock floor, the main road to Midrid. Richards bewilderedly looked around before jumping to his feet as several zombies burst from the darkness of the woods, growling hungrily at him.

The sounds of the zombie horde were suddenly interrupted by the sound of hooves as a rickety carriage bounced into view. It swerved hazardously to avoid the zombies that turned to try and meet it, much to the dismay of the shouting driver and rider inside. Richards had to jump out of the way before it could flatten him and instead it ran into a group of zombies blocking the way forward.

The horses attempted to stop, but they couldn’t stop the carriage itself from moving forward. Richards watched in horror as it flipped side over side in a whirlwind of splintered wood and glass from the windows. It landed on it’s side with a sickening crunch twenty feet away, leaving behind a trail of crushed undead bodies and black ichor. Zombies now swarmed toward the carriage, while others began advancing onto Richards.

Shaking off his fatigue, Richards unsheathed his bastard sword from his back, swinging diagonally and cutting down the zombie in front of him. He rushed toward the swarm around the carriage, cutting down two undead that got too close. He began hacking and slashing his way through the horde, his iron chestplate taking most of the hits. The horde thinned, but more undead kept pouring out from the forest, the moans of the undead never ceasing. Richards climbed up on top of the wreckage, swinging his sword to kill anything following him before he kicked the door open.

“Anyone in there?” Richards shouted inside as he kicked off the zombies attempting to climb up onto the carriage. He was just losing hope, and planning his way off the island in the growing sea of undead when he heard a groan from inside. Richards grinned madly, happy to hear a noise besides that of the undead after weeks of solitude from humanity.

“Grab my hand quick, we need to get out of here!” Richards shouted, crouching down and shoving a hand into the carriage. Zombies began clawing their way up now without any opposition. A hand shakily grasped Richards’ in the darkness; he braced himself in the doorway and hauled up the carriage’s passenger.

It was a woman, that’s all Richards could accurately gather in the moonlight. He immediately slung her over his left shoulder and begun hacking down the undead that had begun climbing up to them. He looked around the wreck, searching for the best escape route. Zombies surrounded them from all sides. The only way out was to…
“Hang on!” Richards shouted over the undead’s moaning to the woman. He sheathed his sword and unslung the woman from his shoulder into his arms. He took a running leap, throwing his whole weight into the air. He landed in a crash, taking out a zombie on the outside of the swarm in the process and rolled up to his feet.

As soon as his boots touched the ground, he began sprinting. His fatigue from earlier was long forgotten, all that mattered was getting the woman out of there. He poured all his remaining strength together to move forward, hoping to Frazz he was headed to Midrid City. The moaning began to fade away to the sound of his heavy footsteps pounding against the road and his panting.

A large wall rose over the trees, but Richards hardly noticed. His feet were becoming heavier with each step, his head felt fuzzy and blank, and without thinking he spun around and fell onto his back with a heavy thump. The woman landed on him, adding to the pressure of the iron plate. The last thing he remembered was the sound of thundering hooves before he blacked out.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2 P1/2

Post by Sealand on Sat May 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Richards sat at the helm of his air ship, The Dusk of Dawn. Frequent breezes brought the brief smell of salt water off the ocean the ship sat in, docked to the beach next to the great walls of Duskville. The only sounds were that of the waves lapping against the shore and the animals communing in the forest across the beach. Richards had the foreign feeling of peace he absently knew he hadn’t for what seemed like years.

He stared at Duskville’s stone walls, reminiscing on how he had ended up in this town. Crashing what was the Dawn of Bloodletting right next to a dirt box after the real helmsman bled out, watching the remaining pirate crew run into the forest, never to be seen again.

He had slumped onto the controls, ready to join the helmsman in the afterlife or wherever, only to wake up to a man in black and blue.

Richards grinned, remembering Dio, the owner of the dirt box that was now Duskville. After Dio had taken Richards in, the town began to slowly grow. Soon the dirt box was stone, and then pushed out wider and larger to make it a fortress. Many were attracted to the town’s promise of protection, though maybe not some Richards would’ve wanted to know.

Duskville is also where he had come to know the Overlich, especially with the constant raids that had happened. He remembered fending off undead in the blackness of night with the help of Luke the elf. Richards had had a moment of peace until those raids, and then he had found out Dio’s secret deal. He was forced to kill the man who had taken him in because he sided with the Overlich in an attempt to help his town prosper.

Luckily Faelar was at hand, to bring Dio back to life without his undead natures. The elven druid was the greatest hope for the Dawnlands, and the world in general. He was a man who had literally come across universes in chase of the Overlich, to rid everywhere from his reach.

Richards sighed contently, oddly feeling like he should be doing something rather than sitting on a ship, wasting time reminiscing about the days of old. The Overlich wasn’t finished off yet, there was much to do… wasn’t there?

On cue, a rumble came from the lower decks of the airship. Richards instantly jumped into action and rushed to see what had happened. He slid down the ladders and landed in a puddle; there must’ve been a large breach in the hull because the water level was rising fast. Too fast to do anything about… he quickly climbed the ladder again.

To his horror, he found the deck in flames. The flames quickly blocked his only exit, not that it stopped him. He broke into a full run through the flames, feeling a warm sensation but oddly nothing more. Richards threw himself off the side of the boat into the water as an explosion tore a hole in the deck.

He climbed to shore to find it swarmed with Branders, but none of them acknowledged him. They shot fireball after fireball at the Dusk of Dawn, sending Richards’ hard work of restoring the airship, quite literally, down in flames. He turned to run into the cover of the forest, to instead watch as it dies before him.

The green of the forest was swallowed up by gray and browns as the trees were mercilessly killed. Leaves fell off like a waterfall, turning into ash on the wind before they could even hit the ground. Grass withered and died, vanishing in seconds and turning the ground into just barren dirt. Monsters began pouring pass the trees and heading for Duskville, ignoring him.

Richards collapsed onto his knees as the ground shook with a tremendous explosion. Rock flew through the air as the walls were blasted to shreds, destroying the automatic repair system before it could do anything to combat the wall’s injuries. The sound of constant explosions and the undead horde as it poured through the wall’s holes drowned out the sound of civilian screams inside.

What felt like cold iron shackles gripped him in place, allowing no amount of movement. Richards started uselessly at the wall as undead after undead swarmed it. The bright blue sky turned dark black with the uprising smoke. The scene dissolved as if it were parchment burned up by a small flame, leaving Richards in an expanse of darkness with only the feeling of the shackles and the sound of screaming for help, but not the screaming of Duskville.

Another scene arranged itself around Richards; a different stone wall was in front of him this time, surrounded on all sides by rich, green trees. A smaller wall stood, with a wooden gate in the center. Some roofs peeked over the wall, flames dancing over them, sending smoke into the sky along with the screams of the people of Woodward. Barbaric men, wearing little but fur and leather, patrolled the wall, although they looked towards the inside of the wall rather than the outside. Richards sat in a ditch, about 200 feet away, staring dumbfounded at the scene.

The thought of attacking crossed his mind, before he remembered he only had a small short sword and a bow, nothing to fight a band of raiders. He watched as some of the men conversed on the wall right above the gate, and then a thought struck him. He snatched an arrow from his quiver and notched it, pulling the string as far back as was possible. If he could get some of the raiders to chase him… he aimed… he knew this forest like the back of his hand… right?

The arrow flew, but missed the group on the wall. Despite that, Richards got their attention; he climbed out of the ditch to make sure they saw who attacked. Someone roared at the raiders inside the walls of Woodward. Richards watched as the rising sun that had just come up over the trees was disappeared into the clouds of smoke. The gates creaked open, emitting a harsh light that swallowed Richards and the landscape up.

Richards jumped out of the bed in a cold sweat, bracing himself to be attacked while he was momentarily blinded. There was a shriek, followed by the crash of a tray full of food falling to the ground. His vision cleared, showing him inside a large, plush room with an old haggard maid staring at him in terror. The woman ran out, howling about a monster, leaving Richards in confusion.

Shaking of his nightmares, he searched the room and found a mirror. He realized now why the woman had run. His shaggy brown hair looked like it took over his head. It was a complete mess, like he’d been running through the wilderness for days. Which he had, he didn’t even remember the last time he bathed. Most of his body was wrapped in bandages, some with blood bleeding through. He moved around, checking for any pain on his body to find nothing but the numbness of it waking up.

Richards found a fresh pair of clothes nearby, as well as his bastard sword. After clothing himself properly he checked the hallway to find it empty, except for the empty suits of armor that stood silently at guard. The crunch of armored boots came rushing from down the hall, but out of sight, as well as shouting. He ducked his head back into the room.

He could try and hide, or hope that these people weren’t going to run in and attack him. He looked around the room, finding it barren of any good hiding places, or any windows to try and flee through. His only other escape was to run down the other end of the hallway, but they could just see him and chase him. He sighed and sat down on the end of the bed.

The sound of armored boots stopped outside his door, followed by loud whispering. The door crashed open, admitting a trio of armed guards and the haggard maid, pointing a finger at Richards.

“THERE! That’s the man who attacked me!” The maid screeched into the middle guard’s ear, the man shoved her off and turned to her.

“Calm yourself, woman! This is the man that saved Lady Amelia, don’t you remember?” The guard barked at the maid, who shrank away from him. She glared angrily at Richards as if this was all his fault, and stormed out of the room. The guard shook his head and turned back to Richards.

“Sorry ‘bout that, sir. Allow me to be the first to welcome you to Midrid City, home to the throne of King Hace. I am Sergeant Samuel Korick.” The guardsman said, taking off his helm and bowing to Richards, followed quickly by the two soldiers beside him. Richards noticed that Samuel had a darker skin color, but thought nothing of it. Just because there were not a lot of colored people in Dawnlands, didn’t mean he had the right to be rude.

Richards waved them off. “There’s no reason to bow, I don’t even know how I got here…” He muttered, vaguely remembering before he blacked out. Lots of undead and a carriage crash.

“Whatever you say, sir.” Samuel said, placing the helmet back over his head and holding his hand out. “Lady Amelia asked us to come check up on you anyway. She wished to see you when you woke up, we’ll take you to her.”

Richards took Samuel’s hand and lifted himself off the bed. He winced, as the pain had started to set in while he was sitting. Samuel nodded in understanding, and motioned him to follow him. They walked into the hall and down the way the guards had come; Samuel’s men fell in behind Richards on either side of him. He didn’t like the fact that he was surrounded, but he didn’t complain.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2 P2/2

The part of the castle where Richards had been placed seemed to be deserted, he noticed. It was eerily quiet, the only sound being the sound of 4 pairs of boots on the polished floor. Or maybe it was the servant’s quarters, and they were all busy with their daily workings. As they moved closer to what seemed to be the center of the castle, more and more people appeared. Some stole glances at him, probably because he looked like a beggar; others ignored them, probably because of the guard escort. They weren’t going to ask questions.

The walls began to appear more decorated, grand paintings appeared on the walls, some looked like old kings. The royal emblem appeared in silver upon deep purple cloth; Richards remembered those as the Highland’s colors. Samuel stopped suddenly at a door, causing Richards to almost slam into him, he stepped back as Samuel turned to address him as if something just occurred to him. He took off his helmet again and held it against his hip.

“You said you didn’t know how you got here. Do you remember anything that had happened two days ago?” Samuel asked, but the look on Richards’ face gave him when he said two days answered him. Samuel dismissed the other two guards, who bowed and went down the hallway the way the group had come.

“Alright… Well, I assume you know Lady Amelia’s carriage crashed, because you carried her out. The gatekeepers saw that you were in distress, so they rode out to meet you but both of you had already collapsed. They got you here safely; despite being attacked by undead once they had gotten to you. Both of you were in pretty bad shape, but physically she’s worse. You were just exhausted, probably overdid it on your muscles and you just needed rest. Apparently two day’s worth. She got a broken leg, a concussion as well as some cuts and bruises.”

Samuel paused and scratched his head. “Be on your best behavior, she may be bedridden for a while and is in a foul mood about it, but she could still send you on your ass,” Richards gave him a questioning look. “She’s a court mage.” Samuel explains before turning to the door and knocking. There was a muffled shuffling inside before a woman called out. “Come in.”

---

Samuel glanced back at Richards, and pushed the door open. Richards followed him inside, wincing as he body seemed to realize it was still up after the brief pause in movement. The room was much nicer than the one Richards had been resting in; grand wooden furniture were all along the walls. Part of the room looked like a study, a desk and small table was littered with books and vials full of different colored liquid. Royal purple, the same color as the royal symbol, curtains cascaded over large windows, which framed the bed that sat in the middle of them, that had it’s own set of pulled back curtains.

A woman, Lady Amelia, was lying down in a sea of books on the bed, wearing a white gown that, coupled with her golden hair and stormy gray eyes, made her look rather heavenly. She flashed bright white teeth at Samuel when he entered, which was followed by a questioning look at Richards. Again, Richards realized he probably looked like some homeless man picked up on the side of the road. Samuel bowed, and Richards followed suit.

“Sam, who is this man?” Amelia asked, keeping her eyes on Richards as if he were an enemy of some sort. Sam grinned, obviously knowing she would act like this.

“Amelia, calm down. This is the man who saved you… uh… actually,” Sam turned to Richards, “I never got your name.”

“Richards, of the Ecc-“ Richards caught himself, remembering the Eccentric Divine’s destruction. Not that they would’ve heard about the guild anyway. “Richards. I come from the Dawnlands.”

Amelia nodded, and suddenly did a 180 emotionally, smiling as if she had been her whole life. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet the person who saved me, please pull up a chair and take a seat. You too Sam.”

Sam complied instantly, but it took a second for Richards to register her change in mood. Amelia set aside the book she had on her lap, and shifted herself into a sitting position, making sure the pillows that her broken leg was raised on followed. Sam kicked a couple of books away to make room for his and Richards’ chairs next to the bedside. Amelia watched Richards like a hawk while he grabbed a chair and took a seat.

She rang a bell on the table next to her, and a maid rushed in through the door. Amelia requested drinks for all of them, coffee for the men and tea for her. They sat in silence before the beverages arrived, and after everyone had taken a drink she addressed Richards.

“So, Richards. You say you’re from the Dawnlands? We’re not really in touch; it’s a far ways a way. What brings you to the Highlands?” She asked, staring up at him. Her gray eyes pierced through him mercilessly, making him a little nervous.

“I’m looking for someone,” Sam and Amelia looked interested; “I used to live here in the Highlands, far south from Midrid. The person I’m looking for shares a… troubled past with me.” Richards finished. Sam looked like he wanted to prod more, but was silenced by Amelia’s gaze. They sat in an awkward silence until Richards broke it.

“I do have another reason, to warn you of an income unde-“ Richards said, but was stopped midsentence by Amelia. “Undead horde coming? Yes, we found out about it the day after we both arrived. Some gnome?” She asks, looking at Sam, nodded.

“Yeah. A large cloud suddenly flew into the city airspaces. A gnome mage from some Green Order, or whatever, came down off of it and gave us the warning. We didn’t believe him until he showed us the horde with some magic.” Sam explained. “Now we’re getting prepared for the likely siege, gathering food and such.”

Richards nodded. “Good, you guys think you can stand against them?” He asked, jumping when both Sam and Amelia burst into laughter.

“Yes, we believe we can take the horde. They’ll be crushed upon our walls if all goes well.” Sam said, but didn’t go any farther on how.

“So,” Amelia says, changing the subject, “Where are you headed after your target?”

“Blacktooth, down in the south.”

Both Sam and Amelia looked at him suspiciously.

“You realize Blacktooth is a little… shady?” Amelia said questioningly.

“To put it lightly, but yes I know.”

Amelia nodded, looking a little worried. “Alright, I can get you a ride there. I assume you need to go there soon?”

Richards nodded. “The sooner the better… and I wish you luck on repelling the invasion.”

Last edited by Sealand on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3

Richards left Midrid City the next morning. He arrived in Blackrock less than a week from his departure. To Richards, it was still the same shithole he remembered from years ago. Even though it was midday, smog from airships darkened the sky around the city. Most of the buildings looked like they would fall down within a year; vegetation even overtook some of the streets. Most people kept to themselves, some disappeared down dark alleys, and guards nowhere to be found.

Richards left the horse to itself outside the borders before entering, pulling out a crumbling map out of his pocket as he walked through the city. Eventually he arriving at his destination, a tavern named the The Bloodletter. The inside was a pigsty with thugs littered around at different tables. Everyone watched from the corner of their eyes as he walked up to the counters and took a seat, but kept to their conversations.

“What’ll ya have, kid?” Asked the bartender, after handing a tray of drinks to an obviously disgruntled server. By this time, the crowd had lost interest with the newcomer.

“A meeting with Sid would be helpful.” Richards muttered.

The bartender looked anxious suddenly, catching the eye of one of the tavern’s bouncers who made he was over. “I’m… not sure what you’re talking about, kid.”

Richards sighed. “Cut the crap, I know you know where Sid is. He owns this place.”

The bouncer placed a hand on Richards shoulder roughly, but he didn’t flinch, and kept staring directly at the bartender. “Look, you can’t just come in here and ask for some… random person.” The bartender said, moving away to fill up another round of glasses.

The bouncer tugged lightly on Richards’, but he remained seated. “Alright, hold up.” Richards said, getting the bartender’s attention again. “Tell him the helmsman wishes to see him.”

The bartender studied Richards, who stared back determinedly. “Alright… Alright…” He said, motioning towards the bouncer. “Go tell ‘im.” He said, and filled up a glass with some brew. He placed it in front of Richards. “Either way, you’re probably going to need this.” The bartender said with a grin, showing his blackened teeth. Richards nodded to him, taking the glass.

The bouncer returned shortly after, and with one last drink Richards got up and followed him. They traveled through the tavern’s small halls, eventually entering through to a connected brothel next door. Several girls waved both at Richards and the bouncer, but were ignored. The wooden floor turned to stone, and the bouncer lead Richards downwards.

The bouncer stopped at the door and knocked three times. A slit on the door at head’s height slide open and two eyes peered out. With what looked like a nod, the slit slide closed and several sounds of locks becoming unlocked were heard. The door opened to a small room with a table and chairs at the center. The bouncer ushered Richards in, who complied.

The bouncer followed after him, and suddenly locked the door behind him. Richards spun around and ducked, narrowly dodging the bouncer’s meaty fist from smashing into his face. He hauled the bouncer over his shoulder with all his strength, the bouncer lifted and fell down on the table, crushing it under his body.

Richards reached to pull out his sword, but instead dropped heavily to the ground as someone kicked his feet out from under him. He rolled to the side, dodging another crushing blow from the bouncer. His second attacker jumped onto him and began hammering him with rapid blows. Richards managed to grab the attacker’s wrists, and shoving them off to the attacker.

Richards rolled up, dodging another blow from the bouncer and kicking his feet out from under him. He made to draw his blade again when suddenly the door burst open, emitting several other thugs and an obvious leader.

“What the hell is goin’ on in here? The girls can hear it from all the way in front!” The leader shouted, taking in the scene. The thugs, realizing their friends were attacking Richards, suddenly drew their weapons. The hulking bouncer stood up, glaring menacingly at Richards. The second attacker, dressed in black with their face hidden, stood with daggers at the ready upon what remained of the table. Only the leader didn’t look like they were about to attack.

“Everyone, stand down!” The leader shouted, but only the thugs that followed him in complied and sheathed their weapons nervously. The bouncer and the other attacker still stood, ready to pounce. The leader grumbled and stepped up in front of the bouncer.

“I don’t know who in the Nether told you to attack, Billy.” The leader said, poking the bouncer in the chest, which to Richards was about as safe as poking a bear. “It was probably goddamn Viren, but I don’t care. The Cap wishes to see this helmsman. So both you and Sarsah need to stand down.”

The bouncer, Billy, grunted and relaxed. The second attacker, Sarsah, stared at the leader and Billy for several seconds before sheathing her daggers. The leader, satisfied, nodded and turned to Richards. “Sorry about the roughness. Take no offense to my friends. Big Billy and Sarsah were ordered by some goddamn shark higher up here. We’ll get it sorted out later.” The leader explained, turning back to the two.

“Billy, go back to the bar. Sarsah, head up to the Cap, we’ll meet you there.” The leader said. Big Billy nodded and lumbered out of the room into the hallway. Sarsah bowed and followed the bouncer. The leader sighed and turned to Richards once more.

“Again, sorry ‘bout all that. Name’s Greg, Mr. Helmsman. We’ll take you up to the Cap, for real this time.” He said, holding out his hand.

Richards took it and shook. “Right, thanks. Lead on then.” He said, motioning to the door. Greg nodded, and walked out, followed by Richards and the remaining thugs. Greg led Richards upwards through the hallways. Eventually they stopped at a red door that looked out of place next to the worn wood that made the entire building. Greg knocked on the door, and entered. Richards followed.

The room looked like it should be in a whole different building. Almost like royalty were here, rather than the head of notorious pirates under the guise of a successful tavern and brothel. A scraggly man sat in the middle of the room on top of a decorative throne-like chair, lounging on it as if he were a lazy king. Which Sid might as well be, by now. Sid grinned as Richards entered and stood before him.

“So it is you! The helmsman!” Sid shouted, throwing his arms wide in greeting. The alcohol in his hand sloshed out and over the floor without Sid noticing, or caring at least. One of the many servants who stood ramrod straight against the back wall of the room rushed forward with a mop. Sid noticed Richards watching, and waved to get his attention, turning more serious.

“Don’t worry, they’re servants.” Sid said, taking another swig out of his bottle. “Now actually, before we get started on why the hell you’re here… Show me proof you’re the helmsman!” He shouted, taking another swig and setting the bottle on a small table next to him. Sid pulled up his sleeve and revealed a faint scar, what was supposed to be a dagger within a circle, but had been disrupted by the scar healing.
“You know I am who I am Sid.” Richards said, and sighed. “But fine.” He slid up one of his gloves, revealing the same mark, but far fresher. Sid studied it for a second before grinning.

“Good, it’s good to see the man who saved our lives!” Sid shouted, throwing his arms out once more, as if to add emphasis to his shouts. “How has it been going, Richards, eh? You still go by Richards now, right?” He asked, grabbing his bottle and taking another swig. “Don’t tell me. I’ll call you Richards anyway, now then. How’d you find me?”

“I caught wind of a ‘Captain Sid of the Blood Pirates’. After that it wasn’t hard to find out there was a tavern named The Bloodletter in Blacktooth and put two and two together, Sid. You didn’t exactly hide did you?” Richards explained, folding his arms.
Sid laughed as if Richards had made a hilarious joke. He wiped a tear out of his eye. “No, no I didn’t you’re right. So you found me and came here, what do you want?” He said, suddenly turning serious once more and giving Richards a death stare.

Richards stared back apathetically. “I need a favor, and some help if you can spare it.” Sid waited for Richards to go on. “There’s some bandits maybe less than a day’s travel from here, you probably know of them. They’re hiding out in a fort named Redhorn.”

Sid leaned back and took one long, last gulp from his bottle before setting it down. “Yeah, yeah I know ‘em. What about ‘em?”

“I want to wipe them out, or rather, have a talk with their leader.”

Sid studied Richards, nodded, and stood. “Alright, I’ll see what I can do. Only as a favor to the helmsman that saved my life though, eh?” He said, clapping Richards on the back.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Discontinued

Post by Sealand on Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 pm

I regret to inform anyone who actually reads this story and likes it that I have dropped it. Truly, this was a test to see what I can do, and although I'm happy with what has been done, I don't think I can finish it. So I'm dropping it, and maybe I'll pick it up back later.

However, what has happened and what would happen in the story are still a part of Richards story, and with Fae's permission will continue to exist without it being written down. Both he and I know what has happened, so there's no need to worry over roleplay inconsistencies from this discontinuation.

Thank you to those who've read this, and special thanks to Faelar for allowing me to to this.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Revived

Post by Sealand on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Recently AJ has convinced me to finally finish 'Revenge', and then afterwards she stomped and crushed my hopes and dreams into the dust. But, I had made a promise to finish it before that last part.

Because of a recent nugget of brilliance, I now have a few more tidbits to add about Richards' background as well as a new character I've vaguely introduced. For those of you who weren't in the Pathfinder, this character is Richards' wife, Rebecca. Although it won't effect the overall turnout of the story.

Also, the name has been changed to something a little less... dry... And yes, I do realize it's still fairly dry. I'm terrible at titles, get off my back.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the read as always.

Last edited by Sealand on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4 - Locations

Post by Sealand on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 pm

The assault on Fort Redhorn had been easy. Just as Richards had predicted, night had fallen unnaturally quick this evening. Under the cover of darkness and the sound of rumbling storm clouds closing in, some of Sid’s thugs were able to sneak into the fort and open the gates. As the thugs charged in, a battle erupted in the courtyard and the bandit’s alarm sounded in the night. Half naked bandits began pouring out of the fort to avenge their fallen comrades and protect their home. All is going according to plan, Richards thought, standing upon the battlements staring at the din of battle below between archers.

Lightning flashed, followed quickly by the crack of thunder and droplets of water that mixed with blood and sweat. Richards glanced over on the other side of the wall, lightning flashed again, illuminating the battle field… and Richards’ target. The leader of the bandits in Fort Redhorn stood staring, studying, the battle. Obviously not used to having to command men in the heat of battle. Richards noticed Sid’s archers were too busy helping their mates than taking out one of the headpieces of a battle. He shook his head and crept along the side of the wall.

Jack stood on the wall, peering down at his bandits clash against their random attackers. He cursed, realizing that not all of his men wore armor, and more than half were drunk, swinging around their weapons lazily at the enemies. He heard the door open behind him, and turned quickly, sword drawn. The young man who came out, their newest recruit looked at him terrified, waving his hands. Jack seized him and lifted him by his collar.
“Where the f*ck are my archers, welp?” Jack growled.
“S-sir, the archers sent me ahead of themselves to tell ya they were com-“ The rest of what the man was going to say died in a gurgle as an arrow sprouted from his neck, spraying blood over Jack’s face.

Jack cursed and dropped the body, accidentally smearing blood across his face in attempt to clean his eyes. Something wood broken against his face, startling him enough to drop his sword. A blow to his stomach caused the wind to rush out of him, he bent over to heave when he felt his head guided and slam against a knee. He fell to the ground, breathless, staring up into the vengeful eyes of Richards before a boot sent him to a world of darkness and pain.

Richards stared at the bloodied face of Jack for a moment before the door leading into Fort Redhorn opened. A startled archer popped his head out, his eyes snapping from Jack to Richard and back to Jack. A mistake. Before the archer could react, Richards smashed him into the corner of the door and knocked the wind out of him. Three more archers stood inside, looking stunned at their attacker. Richards, still crushing the one man against the door, reached out and grabbed the closest archer’s arm. He yanked the man off his feet and threw him off the wall.

The other two were much quicker and had already notched arrows. Richards drew the crushed man’s short sword, pulling the man out from under him. An arrow slammed into the archer’s shoulder, forcing him forward and skewering himself on the blade in Richards’ hands. Richards shoved the man off the blade and rolled over the dying archer and inside the fort, dodging another arrow in the process. He leapt up, stabbing a man in the gut.

The man let out a whimper as Richards pulled the blade from his stomach and his insides poured out. The final archer suddenly jumped onto Richards back, armed with an arrow posed to stab him in the neck. Richards threw the man off as the man stabbed forward, the arrow catching on Richards’ chainmail shirt. The archer rolled back up onto his feet and drew his short sword, glaring menacingly at Richards. Richards grinned unexpectedly at the irony of the archer going to avenge his friends.

The archer, clearly taking the grin as a different reason, shouted and charged forward in a rage. Richards easily parried the clumsy attack and flung the short sword out from the man’s hand and clattering as it hit the wall and floor next to them. Stunned, the archer had no way to stop as Richards’ blade cut diagonally across the man’s chest. The man toppled, joining his fellows in whatever afterlife they had.

Richards tossed his borrowed short sword aside and stared at the destruction he’d caused. He sighed and went back outside. In the courtyard, an orc bandit was cutting swathes through the battlefield, killing friend and foe alike. Archers quickly began sinking arrow after arrow into the orc until he fell. Richards watched for a moment before he caught a foul smell in the air. He nodded to himself grimly and hauled the bloodied Jack over his shoulder and inside the fort.

Visions of the past mixed with reality as Richards walked the halls of Fort Redhorn again. Groups of children ran through the ruined halls, giggling excitedly as they ran this way and that, taking to the shadows of hiding places. Or a single child, sneaking quietly as he crept up on another sitting in a good hiding spot. Each time one of those memories surfaced, Richards quenched it. He needed to focus on the task at hand, not the past, he thought while he mentally kicked himself. He descended into the dark, dank parts of the fort, places the kids were absolutely forbidden to go. But children always disobey the rules.

Jack woke up feeling like he was going to barf. His eyes cast down and he realized he already had while he was unconscious, brilliant. After another round of vomiting, he realized he was in chains in Fort Redhorn’s dungeon. The bandits had never actually used it except in mutinies, but Jack knew some men liked to come down here when they were nice and drunk and dare others to do idiotic and painful tasks. The bear of a man who had knocked Jack unconscious sitting on a stool in front of Jack’s new cell, studying a brass knife thoroughly. He looked up once Jack was finished puking his guts out.

“Done now?” Richards asked, staring at Jack with emotionless eyes. Jack spit at him.

Richards blinked and sighed. He got up and walked over to Jack, who stared back up at him defiantly. Richards grabbed Jack by the hair and shoved it downwards into a trough of water in front of him. Jack hadn’t really noticed it until then, and realized he had accidentally barfed in it. With no time to catch a deep breath, Jack thrashed in Richards’ grip. His lungs burned painfully, his body screaming to breathe in, even if it was only water. He gave in and stopped moving, and at that point Richards pulled him back out. He stepped away as Jack sputtered and coughed, trying to clear his lungs of water.

“I need information, so if you don’t want your head dunked into the trough again, you’ll give me what I want.” Richards stated once Jack had stopped coughing up water.

Jack looked up at his torturer. “Oh yea? What happens if I don’t have your information?” He asked, between gasps.

Richards grinned. “ You do, I know you do. You have to keep a track of him. Make sure he doesn’t squeal where your base is, but you made a deal to keep him alive. And probably the only reason you’re keeping that deal is because it gave you your break into becoming leader of the bandits.” He said, thinking for a moment before adding sarcastically. “Oh, congratulations on building your foundation as leader by murdering innocents.”

Jack blinked in confusion. “Who are y-“

Richards interrupted. “Richards, sole survivor of Woodward. You do remember the town you massacred, don’t you? Either way, I need Bart’s location. So where the f*ck is he?”

Jack spit to the side. “I don’t know any ‘Bart’. Why the f*ck do you need this guys location?”

Richards frowned. “Wrong answer. I’ll give you time to think.” He said grimly, stepping forward and dunking Jack’s head in the trough again. Again, Jack thrashed around but failed to loosen Richards’ grip. After a minute, Jack gave in and stopped thrashing. Richards pulled his head out and stepped back as Jack cleared water from his lungs once again. Richards stepped forward again before Jack had cleared his lungs and grabbed Jack’s head.
“WAIT! PLEASE!” Jack sputtered out the rest of the water, whimpering. “Okay! I’ll tell you!” Jack said, broken.

Richards thought for a moment. “Make sure you have all the details straight, I’ll give you another moment to think.” He said, shoving Jack’s head underwater again. Once again Jack thrashed, failed, and gave in. Richards pulled him back up and pulled his stool closer to the cell while he waited for Jack to finish coughing and gasping.

“There’s a field… not far east from the capital…” Jack said, in between coughs and gasping for breath. “House on a hill... He lives there.”

Richards nodded and stood from his stool. He was about to turn out of the cell when a sound from behind the doorway made him stop dead in his tracks. Suddenly he leapt, tripping over his stool, and rolled behind a wooden pillar as two skeletons burst from the doorway with bows drawn. Jack yelled as an arrow slipped through the bars of his cell and pierced his shoulder. The second arrow embedded itself into the pillar Richards had ducked behind.

Richards charged out, drawing his bastard sword. With one swing he smashed the sword into the skeleton that shot at him, the skeleton crumbled into a pile of bones. The second one turned, drawing an arrow. Richards spun, decapitating the skull from it’s bone body. The skull cracked against the wall before falling next to it’s disassembled body. Richards pressed his weight against the door, slamming it closed as two more arrows from upstairs hit the door with a thunk. Richards wiped his brow, sheathed his sword and barred the door shut. He walked around the room, collecting what supplies were inside the dungeon room.

Jack whimpered, staring between the arrow in his shoulder and Richards, his blood staining his grimy clothing. “Wh-why are there undead here?”

“The Overlich’s forces are covering the land. I noticed this group heading this way as I headed to Blacktooth.” Richards said, placing his brass knife in it’s wrist sheath and throwing his pack over his shoulder. He turned to the pitiful body of Jack.

“Y-you aren’t going to leave me here for…” Jack whimpered, looking toward the door and sounds of moaning came from behind it, followed by a long bang and the crunch of wood. “For them… I don’t want to be undead!” He shrieked, looking at Richards with pleading eyes.

Richards stared back at the door and to Jack. “You’re right. No man deserves undeath.” He said plucking a torch off the wall. “However, you’re not coming with me.” He stated, smirking at Jack’s confused expression. Richards tosses the torch into Jack’s cell. “I hope you burn in the Nether for what you’ve done to her.” He growled and heading out through the secondary door that lead into a dank tunnel.

Jack’s screams enveloped the room as flames began licking their way up his pant legs, drowning out the sounds of Richards’ footsteps or the undead banging into the door in hopes to bring it down.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5 - One man's tools...

Post by Sealand on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 am

The pounding rain drowned out most of the screams coming from Fort Redhorn. Richards watched from a far as the remainder of the bandits and Sid’s thugs banded together against their undead executioners. It was too late to turn the tide of the battle, of course, but several men were able to break through and run out the gates with corpses on their heels. Each man fell with several arrows in their backs.

With the prize of seizing a fort full of potential ‘recruits’, Richards knew the force wouldn’t make it to Blacktooth by now. Richards sighed; he’d give the army a day at least. By the time they’d reach Blacktooth, the sun would be rising, not prime conditions for the undead. Richards brushed himself off and disappeared into the darkness of the forest; hopefully he’d get there before the sun rose.

Richards wasn’t so lucky though, and was captured on the outskirts of Blacktooth. He fought, but working off of two days of no sleep… He’d hoped to reach an airship and steal it before Sid realized, but the man had eyes everywhere. Richards’ captors brought him back to the tavern and brothel that Sid used as his little ‘castle’. The two beefy men half pulled, half dragged him along the floor while he drifted along the sea of consciousness, the tank of a bouncer walked closely behind them, with the rogue-like woman following close behind.

The men dragged him into a dark room. Richards winced when the bouncer lit up a torch that illuminated the room with a harsh light. When his vision cleared and he saw the chains, he began thrashing. Richards remembered them vividly from his time as a slave on The Dawn of Bloodletting.

Rumors between the slaves talked about the room full of chains where the pirates tortured their victims. A king’s men, people who disobeyed the captain and the most common reason for being thrown in there… it had become a sport for the pirates. Sometimes they’d would take two slaves at random and throw them in there. Their screams would echo into the sleeping quarters throughout the night, and afterwards they’d never be seen again.

The only person who came out of the room ‘unbroken’ was Richards, and he’d done it twice, but not without his share of scars. The other slaves always thought Richards made it out with sheer willpower, and he let them think their wild fantasies. In truth, Richards gave in as soon as the chains were on him. You can’t break an already broken man, and yet despite that he became a symbol of hope for the slaves. Their rumors of him gave other slaves the hope to live. Of course, this was all before she came back and Richards regained his own hope, and betrayed the slaves, stealing their hope away.

Now the sight of the chains scared him. A heft thump flung his head forward and his eyes swam with color. When his vision cleared he found they’d already slapped him in chains, the bouncer stood over him staring down with cold eyes. A kick to the chest knocked Richards’ breath away and easily cracked several ribs. Richards heaved, attempting to gulp up air. By the time he looked up, the men were gone and the room was once again dark. He was alone.

Richards sighed in relief, wincing when his chest pinched in pain. He knew Sid would come in to torture him soon, to break him under his boot. He had to get ready… but two days worth of sleep were setting in. His eye lids became unbearably heavy and he sank into whispering darkness. Images shifted violently as Richards’ dreams decided where to go. Stopping abruptly, Richards was pushed into an image, sinking in.

He found himself in Cerberus, or the ruin there of. Destruction and fire had torn it apart. Smoke rose in the air, clouding the already black night and shielding the world from the glow of the moon. A glimpse of a black dragon dipped in and out of the dark smoke clouds; suddenly bursting out, spraying molten slag in the distance. Nowhere else to go, Richards followed the destruction.

Climbing up the crumbling steps of Cerberus’ mansion, Richards watched as two shadows carried a familiar guard captain’s body inside the burning building. He rushes inside after the shadows, which were nowhere to be seen. Cursing, he searched the building and heading down a crumbling staircase that leading deep into the earth. At the end, he came upon the scene.

Richards’ friends stood against the Overlich and… two minions, one of them being Rusk. One of the minions, a man clad in black with a sword dangling in his hand began walking up towards a tense Chris. He was talking, but Richards was too farto make out anything. Suddenly the man whipped and threw his sword at the Overlich. The sword bounced off an invisible force feet away from the Overlich and clattered to the ground.

Darkness swirled around the Overlich and was sent crashing toward the black clad minion, imploding upon impact and sending Chris sprawling. The Overlich shouted angrily and Richards heard Rusk’s distinct giggling. The Overlich turned and began walking… straight towards Richards, rage clear in his eyes. He froze up in an odd, distant fear, his mouth gaping like a fish. Darkness swirled around the Overlich again…

Richards jumped and winced, finding himself in a cold sweat. Footsteps thundered down the hall towards the room. The door suddenly smashed open, and a dark figure illuminated by the light of the sun as it fell. The figure rushed up, dealing Richards a swift kick in the gut. Another man, the bouncer, entered. He placed a burning torch in the sconce on the wall, illuminating a grinning Sid in time for Richards to brace himself as a heavy fist landed on his jaw. Richards spit out some blood from his mouth before looking back up at Sid.

Somehow, the man looked worse than before. He was obviously drunk, but still in control of most of himself at the very least. He looked like he slept in his clothes and his hair was flung every which way on his head, there was evidence of clumps it being ripped out. As the bouncer took his place in front of the closed door, Sid hurled another fist at Richards. Richards grunted, spitting resulting blood onto Sid’s shoe, a bad choice.

Minutes seemed like hours until what seemed like an eternity of beatings, Richards was bruised, blooded, deprived and with darkness reaching greedily toward him once more. Sid sighed happily, wiping sweat off his forehead with a bloody hand. He grabbed a nearby mug and took a long drink to toy with Richards. The bouncer shifted to the side and opened the door at the sound of a knock, emitting the woman in black from before. Giving Richards the first good look at her, albeit through blood and sweat.

She wore a tight black suit, yet loose enough to move quickly, that fit perfectly for her job. Or at least what Richards thought her job was, spying, deceiving, assassination. Her mask was down, showing her angular face and jet black hair. She completely ignored Richards as she walked across the room and bowed before Sid like he was a king. Sid took one last large gulp from his mug and tossed it aside.

“Ahhh… What is it Sarsah? Did you find my men?” Sid said grumpily.

Sarsah shook her head. “No, sir. We found the fort that the traitor led them to, but there was nothing there but signs of battle. No bodies were left, sir.” She said apologetically.

Sid grunted, turning to Richards. He did a quick run up before slamming his foot into Richards’ gut and yelling viciously at him. “WHERE THE HELL ARE MY MEN?” Richards coughed up some blood.

“Undead attacked. They wiped out both the bandits of Fort Redhorn and your… thugs.” Richards replied hoarsely, which was quickly replied with Sid’s fist.

“If you think a group of undead could kill my men, then you have another thing coming, you little wormfuck.” Sid growled, smashing his foot into the side of Richards’ ribs.

Richards grunted. “Not just a group, an army. They’re going to come to Blacktooth next.” He said, grinning up at Sid. Sarsah looked disgusted at Richards.

Furious, Sid let out a volley of punches and kicks at Richards. “You come here for my help, murder my men, and then you DARE threaten my city!” He ranted, pummeling Richards.

After a minute, Sid was finished. Richards groaned, raising his head back up to Sid and cracked his neck. “Beating me won’t get your men back Sid, nor protect your town from the awaiting onslaught at night… What time is it?”

“You’ve been here all day. The sun should be setting soo-“ Sarsah responded before getting interrupted by Sid.

“SHUT UP!” He shouted, pointing at her. “Don’t you damn talk to him!” He growled, twisting his head back to his victim and grinning savagely. “I’m done with this weak fun. I know I won’t break you this way… So how about we take it up a notch?” Sid said, pulling a wicked looking dagger from his sleeve.

“Killing me won’t get your men back either, Sid.” Richards said, staring definitely back.

Sid grinned and shook his head. “No… but it’s fun…” He said, glancing quickly at Sarsah. “But now that I think about it… you’re right. Instead I’ll just make you miserable… I’ll break you.” He said, drawing a finger down the wicked dagger’s grooves.

“Oh yeah… How’re you gonna do that?” Richards scoffed.

“I’ve followed you, Richards.” Sid said, pointing the dagger at him. “I know where you’ve been. Being carefree from your past. I know who your friends are, where they are, and what they think you are.” He grinned, before noting Richards unchanging expression. “Oh I see, you believe that they can handle themselves? Maybe, maybe… but what about that B**** of yours? What was her name… Recca? Cecca? Rebecca, wasn’t it?”

Both Richards and Sarsah visibly tensed, staring at Sid. Richards winced, throwing off the pain screaming in his body as he thrashed around in his chains. To no avail of course, Sid grinned, knowing he found the soft spot.

“Where the hell is she, Sid?” Richards growled, staring at his torturer like just a thought would hopefully tear of his head.

“It IS the B**** you came to find then? Sorry to say I don’t have her, nor do I know where she is.” Sid shrugged, still grinning like a maniac. “She shouldn’t be too hard to find though. I just have to look from brothel to brothel in the Highlan-“ Sid stopped, interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

He grumbled, motioning the bouncer to open it. A small, scraggly boy burst into the room. “King, king Sid!” The boy stammered between gulping up air and wiping sweat from his brow. “Th-there’s an army of undead! They’re attacking the city! I think the scouts-“ The boy yelped as Sid pushed him out of the way, walking outside for a moment. Sarsah and the bouncer glanced at each other as if reading each other’s thoughts, while the boy trembled on the floor looking between the people in the room.

A moment later, Sid returned, looking blatantly disgruntled. The boy yelped again as Sid pulled him up by the collar and pointed the dagger at Sarsah and then to Richards. “Kill the fucker. Quickly, we need to get everyone and get out of this city.” He said before dragging the boy outside and slamming the door. Again, Sarsah and the bouncer looked at each other and nodded in unison. The bouncer followed Sid outside the doorway before closing it.

Richards head hung low as Sarsah headed towards him. She drew her shortsword silently and tapped Richards’ chin up to see his assailant. “Tell me…” She said softly. Richards looked suspiciously at her. “You know Rebecca?”

Richards grunted. “She’s my wife… Why the f*ck do you care? Just get on with it and kill m-“ He heaved, as Sarsah kicked him in the chest. She bent down over his shoulder. Richards looked up in surprise as the lock on one of his chains dropped off his ankle.

“Your belongings are in the chest.” Sarsah said as she unlocked Richards’ chains. “I used to b-“ As she unlocked the lock to Richards’ wrist shackles, he threw up his arm and felt her nose crunch under the force of his elbow. Richards tore the key from her hand as Sarsah stumbled back and unlocked his right arm. Completely free he punched the stunned Sarsah in the gut and kicked her feet out from under her. He stumbled over to the chest with his belongings, pulling his scabbard over his head.

“Billy!” Sarsah coughed as she tried regained her breath. Richards whipped his head around as the door crashed open and the bouncer rushed in. The man took in the scene instantly and charged at Richards. Knowing he couldn’t take the man, Richards shoved the now empty chest across the floor to trip up the bouncer. The chest skid across the floor, colliding against the bouncer’s feet and causing him to fall like a ton of bricks. Richards winced, getting up to his feet quickly and stumbling out of the room.

The hall had become chaos. Servants and whores rushed through the hallway, most of them screaming like pansies, but none of them paid Richards any attention as he walked through the crowd and out one of the brothel’s entrance. Apparently they were just in panic, as no undead had even made it inside yet.

The outside, however, looked like a horde of chaos had come and left. Richards glanced at scenes of destruction, from either a bandit or pirate taking advantage of the panic or the undead attacking the town, he didn’t know. He stumbled through empty streets and alleyways full of trash and broken glass. The sounds of terrified screaming, fighting, and the odd moaning chant of the undead filled the sky.

Richards made it to the airships easily, climbing aboard the smallest one he could find. He looked down the street, realizing he hadn’t seen a soul on his way here. Most the townsfolk likely trapped themselves in the buildings in order to protect themselves against the undead horde, or those taking advantage of it. They didn’t dare try to steal one of Sid’s airships and flee. Smart choice, Richards thought as he cut off the rope tying the ship to the airdock. He headed to the console board and flipped a rudimentary switch. The ship lurched and began rising.

As the ship rose higher, Richards saw an army coming towards the ships. Actually, two. Sid was retreating, and the undead army was following closely behind, although slowed as many of the creeps began searching the buildings for easier prey. Sid obviously noticed the small ship flying away as he began racing towards the ships, followed by others who broke the line out of terror. Richards knew Sid wouldn’t chase him though. He stared up at the black clouds enveloping the sky. No one would be foolish enough to chase him farther into the storm and towards Midrid City.

Richards was already on the horizon by the time Sid’s ship floated into the air. The man watched silently, fuming in anger as his city fell to the Overlich.

Author notes: Sorry if this seems rushed, that's because it is. It seems whenever I try to write this story, life decides to say 'f*ck you' and throws shit my way. I'm thinking up a schedule so that I can really pop out these last few chapters earlier.

Also, by my counting. I believe there will be... 1-2 more chapters, an epilogue, and a little insight on some of Richardson's workings as of late.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 - A Crushing Defeat

Post by Sealand on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

The battle for Midrid City was already lost. By now, the undead were breaching the walls and just reaching the first settlements inside the city. The guard though they were ready for the onslaught of undead, but not their secret weapon. A two headed dragon, half flesh and half metal.

Amelia ducked as she heard a monstrous roar, followed by a fear-inducing shriek. The monster burst from the smoke clouds overhead and began raining molten slag and black lightning into a distant part of the city. The whole courtyard stopped in their tracks and watched as the dragon destroyed that part of the city in seconds. Panic erupted.

Amelia was quickly brought back to her current situation with a rough shove as someone pushed their way through the crowd. She quickly looked back to where the two-headed dragon once was, finding it gone again. She turned her attention back to the mob of people pushing through the market square and heading towards the keep.

“Everyone stay calm! Keep heading to the keep! The more orderly you do it the faster everyone can get there and be safe!” Amelia yelled to the crowd through cupped hands.

Over the din of the battle, not many heard her. Those who did passed her sour looks as they pushed through the crowd. It was an important message, but one she’d given for hours and one no one seemed to want to listen to as they attempted to flee for their lives. Sighing in defeat, Amelia slumped against a building and watched the flood of people pushed through the market square.

“Look out!” A sudden voice shouted out before getting drowned out by an ear-piercing shriek. Amelia turned to see whose voice called out before she was suddenly tackled to the ground. An intense heat blistered her skin under the person who had pinned her to the ground. Then suddenly, the heat disappeared.

Her attacker, or rather savior, a woman in leather wearing short cut black hair, stood up and brushed herself off. She offered a hand to Amelia who took it and was pulled up on her feet. Amelia felt distant as she looked over the scene that was once the marketplace square, but now was a burning charcoal of death. What bodies hadn’t been completely turned to ashes swirling in the wind were charred husks. Down the road, some were even attempting to crawl away, blackened men and woman clinging to their last strands of life. The sound of the ear-piercing screech replaced by the odd silence of fire crackling as it devoured the nearby buildings. Amelia made a choking sound at the sight.

“Shit.” The woman with black hair said, ignoring Amelia moment of weakness and digging her boot into the charred cobblestone road. “We need to get out of here.” She turned to Amelia, whose pure white dress now only had a few bits of ‘white’ left. She thrust out her hand to her. “I’m Tashi.”

Amelia gagged once more and shook Tashi’s hand warily. “Amelia, the Highland’s court mage.” She replied. Tashi whistled, randomly looking over Amelia’s shoulder and down the road.

“Suppose those are your friends then?” She asked. Amelia to turn to see what she was looking at.

Six men in the Highland standard plate armor were jogging in formation towards them. Another with the insignia of a sergeant was far ahead of them, running as fast as he could. As he came to the women, Samuel ripped off his helmet.

“Amelia! Are you okay?!” He asked, reaching out to help her, but Amelia waved him off.

“I’m fine, I’m fine Samuel… Just a little bruised… My friend here saved m-“

“You shouldn’t have gotten out of bed! You know you need more rest! You can’t just go out and endanger yourself like this!”

“Sam, I’m fine! I’m the court mage, not a little girl. I think I can take care of myself-“

“Incoming!” Tashi interrupted. Samuel suddenly swept Amelia off her feet and threw out his shield in front of them. Arrows bounced harmless off it, as well as Tashi’s magical shield she threw out in front of herself. A stray arrow bounced off a soldier’s platemail as they came upon the group.

The undead horde was pushing up. The street heading towards the wall was filled with the moaning, walking corpses with several white boned skeletons in their ranks. Another volley of arrows hit harmless off the group’s shields. Tashi whipped her hands this way and that, firing four purple missiles into the crowd of undead. Each missile hit a skeleton, returning them back to their more desirable dead state.

The soldiers and Amelia stared at her in muted shock when Tashi turned to them. Obviously uncomfortable with this, Tashi motioned between the soldiers and the undead horde. “Care to do your job? Or are you just here to evacuate what’s left?”

“She’s right.” Samuel muttered, setting Amelia on her feet again before addressing his soldiers. “You know your job. Cover this chokepoint. Reinforcements will come soon from Captain Carric. Once you hear the horn you know to come back to the keep.”

The soldiers saluted before they turned to address the undead horde, with blades and lances.

Samuel turned to Amelia. “We need to get you to the kee-“

“I can’t go! There are still people out here trapped in their houses that need help!” Amelia interrupted.

“Amelia, this isn’t up for discussion… The king said-“

“The king is nothing without his people!” She shouted over the din of battle.

“Amelia we need to go!”

Amelia opened her mouth to argue more but suddenly fell forward, unconscious. Samuel quickly grabbed her and looked at Tashi, who had just whacked Amelia over the head, in shock. He suddenly drew his sword.

“Woah there. Now you don’t need to do it yourself and you can get her out of here safely. Isn’t that what you wanted?” Tashi said, raising her hands. Speechlessly, Samuel sheathed his sword and heaved the unconscious Amelia over his shoulder.

“That’s what I thought, now if you’ll excuse me…” Tashi said, turning to the undead horde being slowed by the soldiers. She raised both of her hands towards a gap in the soldier’s line, her arms crackling with electricity. A bolt of lightning flew from her fingertips, blasting the undead in a straight line into charred pulps. Quickly after four purple bolts flew through the crowd of corpses and blasted several off their feet.

Not that Samuel saw this; he had immediately began running through the destruction of his once beloved city. The one that he was suppose to guard… but this was no time to be depressed. He needed to get Amelia into the keep safely. Suddenly she tensed, waking up from her little… nap.

“Wha-? Samuel? Wher-“ She sputtered.

“We’re on our way to the keep, Lady Amelia.” Samuel stated, climbing up a flight of stairs.

“What about the people-“

“Any citizen outside the keep is likely lost to the undead horde by one… I’m sorry.” Sam interrupted.

Amelia sighed. Sam thought he heard a sniff behind him, but didn’t ask. “Alright, alright… How’s Rebecca?”

“She’s with the noblemen and their servants, who’re caring for her, the best they can. She says the babies’ getting nervous with all the kicking it’s doing.” Samuel replied.

Amelia chuckled dryly and shook her head. “Let’s hope it can sit in there until we can actually find someplace safe for her…” She said. Sam nodded.

In minutes, Samuel ran up to the keep and set Amelia down. She attempted to brush herself off, but to no avail. Her white dress was ruined with soot, and possibly other things that Amelia didn’t want to think about at the moment. The keep itself was filled to the brim with frustrated men, frantic women and frightened children, but Sam quickly pushed through with Amelia in tow.

Of course, the noblemen’s waiting area took up the most space as well, surrounding the king’s throne. Amelia and Samuel both ducked through the line of soldiers keeping out the rabble and bowed before the King of the Highlands, Harnol.

“Good, you’re here, Amelia. Despite being disastrously unclean.” The king said with a large grin, to which Amelia smiled up at him through her fatigued. “We seem to have most the court in the keep… I have doubts that anyone else will be joining us” He said grimly.

“Your sire, if I may suggest-“ Amelia started.

“I know what you’re going to suggest. My answer is yes. However, you must break the magic seal on it, and then we can begin the evacuation.” Harnol said with a nod. “But first, you may wish to see to your friend.” The king stated, motioning towards the medical circle within the noble’s area.

“As you wish sire, and thank you.” Amelia said, bowing once more and stepping down the steps of the throne. Samuel joined her.

“What were you two talking about? Magic seal? Evacuation? I thought we were holding here in the keep” Samuel replied.

“If we held here, we’d be slaughtered in a day Sam… There’s no way we could feed all these people for days on end.” Amelia replied, motioning towards the citizens of Midridm still filling the room. “But we can evacuate them. This keep was built on a large underground tunnel that leads toward the mountains. It was sealed with magic during the time when it was once plentiful, that’s why there must always be a court mage.”

“Oh.” Samuel said, realizing his blunder.

The two ducked pass some arguing noble couple into the medical area. Asking for directions from a nurse, they came upon the bedside of Amelia’s friend.

“Hey guys, welcome to the party.” Rebecca said weakly, patting her swollen stomach and wiping sweat plastered hair out of her eyes.

“Hey Rebecca, how’re you holding up?” Amelia asked softly.

“Oh, I’m doing fine. The baby is just a bit,” Rebecca winced and clutched her stomach before smiling. “Just a bit of nervous kicking, really.”

Amelia nodded and returned her smile. “Alright. Well, the whole group will be evacuating soon. So be ready to move.”

Rebecca nodded and winced. “Will do, and please, make it quick?”

Amelia grinned and nodded. She got up and motioned Sam to follow her.

“So?” Sam asked.

“Not good. The baby will be coming soon. Too soon for us, we don’t have the time to take care of her.” Amelia said with a worried tone. Sam grunted in acknowledgement.

The two pushed their way through the increasing crowd of Midrid’s citizens. Sam had to call over a few soldiers to clear the area for Amelia in the corner of the throne room. People watched, in confusion and frustration as Amelia began drawing a circle on the wall and began chanting. She placed her hands in the middle of the circle, causing it to glow purple.

Suddenly the wall unhinged and with a mighty creak opened to the sight of a stone ramp leading into the darkness. Silence ruled over the throne room as the citizens stared speechlessly like fish. Amelia snapped her fingers, and one by one torches lit along the wall of the passage, illuminating the dark descent. Amelia turned and grinned to the citizens of Midrid.

Instead, she was rocked off her feet. Screams and yells of others as they were also thrown off their feet and accidentally crushed or shoved. The tall ceiling of the keep cracked and a small hole broke open, raining large bits of rubble in the nobleman’s area. The metal dragon head popped in the area, screeching a terrible metallic screech. The dragon threw it’s head side to side, crashing against the walls and columns and raining bits of it on the crowd. Black lightning shooting out of it’s mouth before quickly pulling out.

More of the ceiling cracked, and finally, collapsed. Crushing the noble’s and many citizens of Midrid city. Men and woman alike screamed in terror, some clawing at the rubble for lost loved ones now crushed. One man was even half trapped under it, he shouted weakly before death grabbed him.

Suddenly a giant push of citizens crashed through the soldiers blocking the passage off. Samuel quickly grabbed Amelia and dragged her along ahead of the group. She thought she heard him shout something about having to leave, but it was muffled in the din of the mob as she stared up the passage.

A tear streaked down Amelia’s dirty face as she connected that fact that her friend, Rebecca, was gone.

Author note: TEEHEE.

Also, there is another post on a bit of exposition. Mostly it's Rebecca's quick timeline, but also some details on Amelia, Sarsah and even Richards I can't quite get these things across in the storyline, but hopefully it'll help clear up a few things that people are confused about.

Also, one FINAL chapter and the epilogue~

Last edited by Sealand on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Rebecca

Post by Sealand on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 pm

(Read Chapter six first)

About... 12 years ago Richards village was destroyed.

There were only three survivors. Richards, Rebecca and Bart.

Richards had seen Rebecca come out alive, at least after being raped, and told her to meet him in Blacktooth, the closest town, while he got the bandits chasing her off her tail.

Rebecca made it to town, but Richards wasn't so lucky. When he entered the town and was captured and forced into slavery on an airship.

Rebecca was crushed, and thought Richards had died at the hands of the bandits who had attacked Woodward village. Eventually, she was found on the side of the street and taken to Blacktooth's orphanage who took care of her.

There, she met her two best friends. Amelia and Sarsah. All three became fast friends, and eventually began working as maids for the local Baron.

Fast forward about 3 years and the girls find out Amelia is developing magical powers, a rare thing in a time where the Ley Lines are essentially broken. The baron catches wind of it and immediately adopts her as his own, much to the Baroness' displeasure.

The baron quickly sends her off to be trained, knowing soon enough this will raise him through the ranks of the hierarchy.

Depressed by their friends sudden departure, Sarsah and Rebecca kept to their duties until eventually 2 years later Rebecca suddenly disappears on a trip to Blacktooth. Sarsah, not being the best maid without her friends was kicked out to the streets where she had to learn to defend herself.

Rebecca after being captured in Blacktooth by pirates found herself saved by Richards once more. After killing her captor, the captain's first mate, Sid, appeared to stop the fighting and gave Richards an offer to take the place of the man he killed.

To save Rebecca, he did, and became a pirate. Specifically the assistant to the helmsman. Rebecca was kept on board and stayed to Richards' room. Not forced to be kept there, but if she stepped outside she'd likely relive her childhood terror. Being raped.

So she quickly became the biggest secret between Richards and Sid, and Sid made sure Richards paid for it.

During the time Rebecca and Richards were on the ship, they began a relationship. Talking about time passed. Rebecca's soft nature quickly healed Richards' broken heart after he'd lost her the first time.

Eventually, two years before Richards' death, the airship was attacking. The helmsman fell, as well as many other pirates. Richards however was able to 'land' the airship next to the town of Duskville run by Dio.

Rebecca and Richards began helping Dio's town prosper.

Soon after, the Overlich took notice. After several outbreaks of undead in the town, Richards, with the help of Luke and Faelar, discovered Dio was a pawn of the Overlich. They saved Dio from the clutches of the lich, and Richards forgave Dio.

Afterwards, Richards swore to take the fight to the Overlich. With Rebecca's blessing and a promise to write often he left on a mission to join the Eccentric Divine. Which eventually led to Cerberus.

Soon, Rebecca realized she was pregnant. She kept it a secret for Richards when he returned, believing it to happen before the baby came. However the fight against the Overlich had ramped up tremendously.

Eventually, Rebecca sent one last letter and left Duskville. She had found and been sending letters to Amelia, who had just become the Highland's court mage. Amelia sent over a convoy and got Rebecca to Midrid city safely.

But Rebecca's last letter never made it to Richards. He began growing nervous and afraid to tell his friends, until finally he left them on his quest to find Rebecca.

This was longer than I thought it would be, phew.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7 - Dead end

Post by Sealand on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 am

Dawnbay was bathed in fire. Corpses littered her once great streets, either undead or the once living. Buildings that once stood tall and proud were shells of their former self; broken, desecrated, and collapsed. The undead swarmed the area, taking no survivors as their onslaught pushed through like a burst dam toward the market district.

Carnage surrounded Richards as he watched the battle erupt between the heroes and the undead army. Fueled by anger or desperation, the heroes pushed back the tides of walking corpses and skeletal archers. Their blade strokes and slashes cutting apart the undead horde one by one, by one, but there was no end. Only more of the once dead.

A roar of power ripped through the air, causing the hair to stand up on the back of the heroes’ necks. The build adjacent to them suddenly imploded with a dark energy. The fighting stopped as the undead horde pulled back and the heroes looked up at the destroyed building. A maniacal cruel laugh bit into the air around the group.

Another building suddenly imploded across the street. Through the dust and the rubble, the Overlich floated ominously out, laughing. The undead army surged forward with renewed vigor, swarming the heroes, who dodged, ducked and leapt as the ground under them shook from the Overlich’s blasts. With the undead tearing at them, the heroes lost ground until the call for a retreat came up.

Richards watched as the heroes retreated into the forest near Dawnbay, the Overlich’s laugh booming in the air over the sound of his witless minions’ moaning and clanking. The undead poured out of the city, giving chase to the heroes. The Overlich hover above the broken cobblestone street, staring at the destruction his forces had caused like an artist analyzing a painting.

Darkness surrounded him, shadows peeled out of alleyways, puffed out torches and layed Dawnbay in unnatural darkness. The world under Richards’s feet rocked and shuddered as it was torn apart. With a violent roar, Dawnbay imploded.

A terrible shrieking roar tore through Richards’s consciousness. He jumped back into awareness, slamming his head against the console piloting the airship. He cursed and stood up from the stop he was resting to see what was left of Midrid City. The roar and shriek of a terrible monster fading away as it flew to join it’s master.

Midrid City was now a smoldering ruin, like a bonfire that was running out of wood. Outside it’s walls the undead army disappeared into the woods, likely carrying the ‘spoils’ of new minions to their appropriate destination. Richards was in shock, but soon steeled himself and looked away. His mission had nothing to do with Midrid city; he needed to look for Bart’s house.

Using the light from Midrid’s fires, Richards scanned the nearby landscape, heading deeper into the forest as he found nothing. Eventually, he found that he needed; a small house sitting on a steep, sloping field. Two figures were walking up to it. Quickly, Richards flicked several switches and started the airship on descent to the ground. The ship’s bottom racked and cracked several trees before, with a loud CRUNCH, it landed, more or less.

Richards leapt off the edge as the ship tipped on uneven ground. He rolled up to his feet and turned to watch as the ship and mast crashed into several trees, taking a few with it. Drawing his bastard sword, Richards charged up the slope. Upon reaching the house, a man opened the doorway, illuminating a figure with a raised club.

“Wha- Who the FUCK are yo-“ The man shouted before suddenly being pinned to the wall behind him by a blade through his gut.

The entire house was trashed. A frail, old man was crawling in a corner, his cane out in an attempt to protect himself from the bandit who turned to the commotion. The bandit’s eyes were wide in shock at the sight of his partner suddenly impaled by a stranger. He raised his weapon, a short sword, and charged Richards, shouting obscenities.

Unarmed, Richards grabbed the man’s wrists as he attempted to strike. Richards sidestepped and, using the bandit’s own force, threw him across the room. The bandit rolled, almost impaling himself on his own blade. Richards drew a brass knife from his wrist sheath, the bandit laughed as he scrambled up with the help of his blade.

The bandit charged, swinging wildly at Richards, who quickly ducked under his blade, stabbing the man in the back as he passed by. The bandit yelped, clutching his side as he turned and swiped at his opponent again. Richards stepped back as the blade sliced the air in front of him and stepped into the bandit, stabbing his blade right into the bandit’s heart.

The bandit seized up and dropped his sword. The bandit weakly clawed at Richards’s arms as he sank to the ground, dying feebly. Richards kicked the bandit off of his legs and walked over to retrieve his sword. The bandit pinned to the wall had already died, his hands gripping the blade in a last ditch effort to free himself. Richards grabbed the hilt and ripped the sword out of the man, causing the corpse to slide to the ground with a sickening thud.

“I… th-thank you!” The old man coughed out as he climbed to his feet with his cane. “I thought they were going to kill me when they burst through the doo-“ The man stopped, mouth wide as Richards turned, death in his eyes.

As Richards approached slowly, the man stumbled back. “Wh-who are you?” The man gasped out.

Richards kicked the chain, causing the old man to crash to the floor with a yell. He stomped on the old man’s hand, crunching the bones under his hood. The old man yelled again.

“Long time no see Bart, how’s the family?” Richards growled, twisting his boot to ground into the man’s hand.

“Ah!” The man grunted in pain, before staring up at the intruder he had thought came to save him. “I- Who are you?!” He shouted in terror.

Richards scowled and kicked the man in the shoulder before pulling up a chair and sitting down in front of Bart. Bart quickly sat up and nursed his shoulder and broken hand, glancing several times up at the man who was glaring daggers at him.

Finally Richards broke the silence. “You don’t even remember the kid who used to play with your daughter, you piece of shit? I’m Richar- I mean, Joseph.”

The man looked confused for a moment before his eyes widened in surprise, then terror. “Joseph? Joseph, you survived Woodward?” He muttered, unbelieving.

“Yes. No thanks to you.” Richards said, fist clenched as he held himself back from murdering Bart. “I… was outside when the bandits attacked.”

Bart suddenly began sobbing and trying to crawl away from Richards. “You’ve, you’ve come for me, haven’t you! I swear! I didn’t mean for it to end the way it did! I just wanted my- my little girl! That bitch was going to take her from me!” The man choked out, huddling in a corner like it’d save him. Richards watched silently as the man bawled, choking and muttering out random snippets of a sentence until he finally regained his composure.

“Bu-but those FUCKING bandits! The- they didn’t get the bitch! She was too quick! She dropped the knife and…” He sniffed. “Killed herself before they could… The leader was so mad, he- he took my little girl from me and…” Bart covered his eyes and began weeping. “They- they did it in front of me! Then they chased her down like a wild animal and killed her!” He cried out, rolling up into a broken ball in the corner.

Richards looked genuinely surprised. Bart thought Rebecca, his daughter, had died, and after this entire troublesome search for her, Richards had reached a dead end. The absurdity was too much; he suddenly burst out into laughter. Bart, being absolutely terrified, jumped and looked at Richards warily. Sudden frustration welled through Richards. Clenching his fist, he smashed it against a window, shattering it completely as glass dug into his hand.

With his bloodied hand, Richards grabbed the terrified Bart as he attempted to crawl deeper into the corner but to no avail. Richards heaved the man, sending him flying into the center of the room. An audible crack sounded as Bart fell on his frail arm. Richards stomped heavily on Bart’s chest, cracking several ribs and knocking the air from his lungs. Bart whimpered, looking up at Richards, who grinned back.

Richards placed his boot lightly on Bart’s neck, who grabbed it, weakly attempting to throw Richards off. With a oddly wicked grin, Richards pressed harder until Bart gave up, accepting his fate.

“By the way, your daughter lived. I was able to get the bandits chasing her off her tail.” Richards stated, savoring the shocked look in Bart’s eyes. As the man opened his mouth to speak, Richards thrust his foot down, crushing the man’s neck.

Another fire dotted the dark landscape, as if calling out to the massive charcoal that was Midrid City. The fire harshly illuminated the trees as a black figure walked into the darkness shrouding the trees without looking back.

Author notes: Should have the epilogue up soon. Hopefully I'll finish this whole story before my trip.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Epilogue

Post by Sealand on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:25 am

The wind whispered through the trees, sweeping leaves and branches from their place upon the trees. A silver, machine-like being hovered in a clearing, it’s gaze staring forward to the overgrown forest moving in front of it. It’s low metallic hum sounding as a loud breath filling the clearing. The machine quickly glanced to the right as a small brown bird burst from a bush. The odd bird clucked curiously as it waddled closer to it’s inquiry.

It squawked and dashed back into the foliage at the sound of rustling in the forest in front of the silver Brander. The brander whipped his head back, two rods floated apart as if two invisible hands were getting ready to clap them together.

“Who is there?” The brander called in a metallic voice.

“It’s just me, Eb.” A man responded, walking through the brush and into the clearing. His hands held up as if to show that he wasn’t wielding any weapons. Eb, the brander, slowly drifted toward the man, his rods going about their regular routine of floating around him aimlessly.

“How was the scouting, Richards?” Eb asked as the man scratched his beard in thought, staring up at the sun.

“By your calculations. We should reach Starfire by nightfall.” Richards said with a nod. “C’mon, let’s go.”

The silver brander and man both disappeared into the wilderness, continuing their journey.

“The town will be coming into sight soon.” Eb said, breaking the hour long silence.

“Good. It’s getting dark.” Richards grunted, slashing through the overgrowth surrounding them. “I don’t suppose Faelar could’ve, I dunno, not made the whole world overgrown? Really makes this traveling hard…”

“I doubt Faelar would have cared.” Eb stated. Two of his bars clapped together softly, blowing vines violently out of his companion’s way. “Faelar probably thought that civilization had once made roads long ago, that they can do it again.”

Richards opened his mouth to say something and closed it. “Good point.” Richards said, slashing his way forward. After a few moments, he questioned Eb again. “So how did you guys find me?”

Eb pondered for a moment. “Faelar obtained information of another group of refugees that escaped to the mountains. The only logical possibility was the Highlanders, and I believe the note you left said that you were going there.” The brander said, in a matter of fact tone.

“Right…” Richards responded, suddenly losing himself in thought. He suddenly looked up when he thought he heard Eb say something. “What?”

“I said, it would not be wise to have your mind float while wielding such a large sword.” Eb said, staring emotionlessly at Richards, who grinned. “And if I may, I have a question. How well did your mission go?”

Richards jerked to a stop for a moment, before slashing fiercely at the brush. “Not well.”

“I see. I apologize for my question. I have a second though; how did you get with the Highland refuges?” Eb asked, blasting away overgrowth.

“After my… mission went awry, the undead had already taken over most of the Highlands, including destroying Midrid City.” Richards said, slashing a vine flying down to smack him in the face. “I traveled to where I assumed anyone who wanted to survive would go, the mountains, and stumbled upon the Highlanders. What was left of their men almost skewered me, but a friend that was leading the group was there as well and called them off.” He explained, pausing for a moment before continuing. “I stayed with the group and helped them rebuild until, well, you came along. Are we done with the questions now?” He finished grumpily. Eb floated silently, seeing no need for further conversation.

Suddenly, they broke out from the forest into a wide plain. Richards grinned and turned to Eb, who had a rather serious look, like always. Richards ran towards a hill in the middle, with Eb floating in pace behind him. He climbed the hill and got his first real sight of Starfire.

The town was in ruins. The buildings and surrounding area looked crushed and flattened. Fires burned husks of buildings that hadn’t already collapsed. Richards looked upon the destruction with a devastated look. Only the low hum coming from Eb and the sound of wind whipping through the grass was heard. The two companions rushed down the hill and towards the broken and destroyed Starfire.

The sun fell upon the ruins of the town, though still illuminated by it’s day old fires, as the two entered. Richards searched around wildly before dashing down the broken cobblestone road until he came upon what was once a building, now burned and smashed to it’s foundations. He turned to Eb as the brander floated up to him.

“I’ve… I’ve been here.” Richards muttered, staring at where the entrance once stood.

Eb gave Richards a curious look before changing the topic. “There’s no bodies, everyone must have evacuated.”

“You know how the Overlich works.” Richards said grimly. “He’d take any of the bodies, or at least his minions would have, to be… turned.”

Eb floated quietly as the silence grew between them at that comment. Richards quickly turned, and began walking down the road. The brander followed, looking with curiosity as Richards stared at the ground at his feet as if he were tracing back his steps. Following the road, they came upon two grave stones. Richards stared at the graves with hard eyes.

“They had a funeral shortly before I le-“ Eb started before getting silenced by Richards who quickly mumbled something about being there himself. They sat in an awkward silence for minutes before Richards turned to Eb once again.

“Do you think you can find Faelar again?” He asked, to which Eb nodded.

“I am sure I can, it will take a while, however.” He replied.

“Alright, you may want t-“ Richards suddenly shouted as an arrow stuck itself in his left shoulder. “Ambush!”

Eb turned to see a skeleton sitting atop a nearby roof, drawing it’s second arrow. Two of Eb’s rods smashed together as the skeleton fired. A sonic blast ripped through the air, batting away both the arrow and skeleton like toys. The skeleton crashed into a heap of bones. Undead suddenly poured out of the town and surrounding area.

Richards ripped out the arrow embedded in his shoulder with a grunt and unsheathed his bastard sword. He looked upon the situation as the undead horde began coming upon them. “I don’t suppose you can…” He muttered to Eb, but the brander apparently answered his question.

Eb’s rods swiftly parted. Richards tensed, not towards their attackers but to his companion. All of the rods smashed into their counterpart, blasting all sides with a sonic blast. The attack tore through the enemies’ front line, sending some undead flying or just crumpling into a heap. Richards was almost thrown off his feet, but he regained his balance and laughed.

That laugh was quickly cut out as the horde regained composure and struck. The two fought back to back, blasting or slashing against the rotting tide. Back, of course, being a relative term for Eb as he spun this way and that, firing sonic blasts at incoming undead. Either over Richards’s shoulder or in his own area, but neither did much to lessen their enemies. With every one fallen undead, five seemed to attack.

As the fight went on against the never ending undead horde, both Eb and Richards’s strength were deteriorating. With nowhere to go, each move became more and more desperate, each swing and sonic blast more and more sluggish.

“Eb! You gotta get outta here! You can fly, right?” Richards grunted, calling out in between slashes and blade strokes. He ducked as a sonic blast flung a walking corpse about to fall on him. The silver brander floated next to his companion.

“I cannot. That would mean leaving you behind, Richards.” Eb explained as the rods around him smashed together, sending sonic pulses at nearby enemies.

“It’s the only way one of us can get out of here, though!” Richards said, slashing the legs off a zombie and smashing his boot into it’s face. “Don’t worry about me, someone needs to find Faelar, and only one of us can do that on command!”

Both turned and stared each other in the eyes for a moment before the battle consumed them again. A sonic blast threw everything off it’s feet, Richards quickly rolled back onto his and stabbed an undead clawing at his boots. When he looked up, he saw Eb speeding over the army and towards the forest. Solemnly, he nodded to himself and turned to the approaching undead.

He sheathed his sword, accepting his death.

Something heavy thwacked against the back of his head, hard, dropping him unconscious upon the corpses he’d defeated.

The next time Richards woke up; he was strapped to a stone cold table. A blue, skeletal face staring down at him…

Author notes: THE END, FINALLY. Rather than putting crap here, I will create another post detailing the future.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

The future - A long run ahead

Post by Sealand on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:49 am

First of all, I'd like to get something out of the way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the song played at the end of Richards' campaign, in which he died. I suppose those who were there recognize it, but what you DON'T realize is I spent a good few hours picking out songs for this. I picked this very specific one for a very specific reason. It hints HEAVILY into the future of my character's story, and I don't think those who were there quite caught anything.

And now, for funnsies. Here's a sweet song from the same band that I think really sums up Dawn of Time and the Dawnlands well. Not just because it has a similar name. Link hurr.

With those silly things out of the way, let's get onto the future. No spoilers, this is the future of my writing.

Empty Closure has taught me quite a bit, but I feel The Antonius Chronicles and the Legends of Sangrienta Fe(holy shit I got that right on my first try) have taught me quite a bit more. I absolutely LOATHE my writing. I quite literally think it's terrible, especially after looking at AJ and Tengard's skills. It's just... not for me. Don't get me wrong, thank you to those who tell me to shut the fuck up and genuinely seem to like my writing. I think mine is decent to some extent, especially most of my fighting scenes, I really do like them, but I don't think everything is up to par that I would like.

I'm glad I did start Revenge/Empty Closure, which was able to spark the inspiration AJ and Tengard needed to move their writing forward. I really am, it humbles me.

By now I think everyone believes they know my answer to the question 'Will he continue writing?'

But it's yes AND no.

I don't have anything special planned really, but I've decided there will be two more posts in this thread. Afterwards, I doubt I'll continue writing. These two posts will follow the closing of my current characters in DoT, outside Tashi. Although she will appear again soon, and I do have plans for her.

I won't say when these posts will hit, and they have specific times to when they do. You'll just have to keep an eye out. For the Secrets of Death.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Re: [Finished]Empty Closure/Secrets of the Dead

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 am

So I have no idea if I can post here yet (I hope I can, if not...then...ahm...just delete it...) but:

*engage ragdoll physics* ASDKJFHWLJHGWKJHGAWE OMAHGAWD THAT WAS SPECTACULAR. Seriously, fantastic! You keep saying you're not a good writer, but I think that's a lie, this was very well-written and *squiizure*

Ok, now that I have regained my composure, I have to thank you for posting the Poets of the Fall music (thanks to you I've bought a few songs of theirs) and for finishing this up. Seriously, it was an amazing story Sea, stop telling yourself you can't write >:C

I'm now really, REALLY looking forward to Secrets of Death.
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:40 am

I absolutely LOATHE my writing. I quite literally think it's terrible, especially after looking at AJ and Tengard's skills. It's just... not for me.

RARGH SHUT THE FUCK U-

Don't get me wrong, thank you to those who tell me to shut the fuck up and genuinely seem to like my writing.

Damnit, beat me to it.

Anyways Sea, Empty Closure was, in my opinion, an outstanding story. I was honored to have provided consultation for your story, and had the pleasure of reading it twice- and I find myself very flattered to see stories like these written while taking great care to harmonize well with DoT lore. It's also a rather brave thing to post one's writing for all to see- and I for one do not have as high of a level of courage outside of the DoT loreboard, which is why I only share MY character stories with those who ask (Such as my upcoming ministory, Nemeses).

I think everyone will agree with me in that Empty closure was awesome, and it was a truly good thing that you wrote it. I wait eagerly and excitedly for Secrets of Death.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 am

Posting allowed until the next two posts come. At which time I'll change the title so everyone will know when its time.

But thanks AJ and thanks Faelar. If it weren't for you two, as well as Tengard, I probably wouldn't have finished it. At least, not anytime soon. All three of you were quite the inspiration for my lazy ass.

Also, if I'm not quitting writing, I'm at the very least taking a long break from doing it. I could possibly be coerced to do something in the future similar to The Antonius Chronicles, but no promises. And I won't really comment on anything of the sort in case of spoilers.

However, I am looking into doing more pen and paper oriented story telling. Reaches less of an audience but feels more intimate to those who actually join in. I will say Tashi will have some coming sometime~

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:21 am

No matter how much you hate your writing, this was pretty great.
I love the concept of hearing tales of a character after he is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD which you did pretty well (you monster).
Anyway, looking forward to reading "Secrets of Death".
I might also have a project of my own coming up. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* And this has greatly inspired me to work on it more.
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:05 am

Really Sealand in all honesty, it was Fucking Brilliant. As I've said before, this story helped inspire me to actually write my own. And don't dis your writing skills! My writing lacks something that I find easily in yours.... It doesn't carry the same weight, and it doesn't really compare to your story-telling ability.

Don't stop writing! Write more! I LOVE IT!

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:53 am

In a vast space of white, the warrior fought the pitch black demon. With each duck, dodge, and roll, the two fired rays of dark blue or black energy at each other. The demon suddenly surged forward, whipping it’s tail in order to trip the warrior who jumped over it. The demon slashed forward with it’s long claws, sending the warrior back. The man quickly jumped to his feet, shielding himself in a wreath of blue energy as darkness surrounded him.

An explosion of icy blue light washed over the area, catching the demon’s attention. The warrior dropped his blue shield and fell to one knee, wincing as he turned to see what caught the demon’s attention. A blinding blue orb of light stood yards away from the demon and the warrior, unraveling like a Christmas present. The warrior cursed as he saw his friends appear through the blue light. The demon grinned wickedly at his opponent. The warrior fired a beam of deep blue at him, and with that their fight renewed.

Light blue color unwrapped around Richardson as the group appeared before the battle taking place. At first glance, it seemed Richards was winning, but his clone knew better. Richards didn’t like to show signs of weakness, but he could pick out the most details out of how little he showed. He was losing, and was becoming drained of energy. It was now or nev-

Richardson saw a blonde blur pass him, sword drawn and charged. Mentally, Richardson cursed and brought his hand up in a motion. A large, icy wall erupted from the ground inches in front of Chris, sending him sprawling on his ass, his sword clattering to the side. Not a moment too soon; if Chris had taken another step, the power that was welling up around the two souls tearing each other apart may have burned him up. With a flick of the wrist, the wall quickly stretched either way, disappearing into the emptiness of this dimension.

Richardson kicked up his heel, creating a walkway of light blue. He quietly slid across it like ice, passing Chris and toward the wall. The wall accepted him through as Chris got back up and began pounding and shouting something through the wall. To no avail, the wall muffled sound into an intelligible gibberish. Pressure of pure power pushed around him, but nothing more. His soul was too similar to Richards’s.

By now, the rest of the group that had entered with Chris and Richardson had probably figured out they couldn’t get through Richardson thought quietly to himself. He raised a hand, emitting the radiant icy blue into a condensed beam that Richards and Amulet were using. The beam streaked toward what was Amulet, who raised his black tail in order to block the beam. It growled savagely at the dreadknight, before two bolts of Richards’s deep blue struck it.

Both light blue and deep blue beams struck the black demon, forcing him to back up and lose ground. Richardson slid up to Richards quietly, intertwining their beams of blue. The battle quickly became a show of blue lights and explosions.

“Thanks for helping.” Richards huffed, as he fired off his life energy at Amulet. He was sweating profusely under the strain of battle.
Richardson shook his head at his ‘father’. “Do not thank me yet. I didn’t come to destroy him; I came to give you a few last words with your friends.”

Richards turned to Richardson in shock.

“Don’t waste time; your body is disintegrating. I can hold him for a few, but this fight it yours.” Richardson said, focusing his beams of icy blue at Amulet.

Richards looked like he was about to ask something, but his eyes dropped solemnly to the floor and nodded. He escaped Richardson’s sight and headed towards the blue wall.

Soon, it was only Richardson and the demon-like Amulet.

Richardson dodged out of the way as the way as a black beam sliced through the white. Several more beams followed quickly, causing the undead clone to duck and weave through the field of fire. Others he blasted away with his own beams or shield against them. Seconds flew by like they were hours as the battle roamed on in favor of no side.

Richardson finally made the first mistake, an attempt to get a quick glance at the heroes. He saw Richards talked to them, before a black bolt struck him in the chest and sent him sprawling. Before Richardson could get up, Amulet was on him. He rolled to the side at the corrupted soul struck down with his tail, followed by his dangerous claws.

Richardson kicked up hard, thumping against the heavy, metallic chest of Amulet. It didn’t do much, but got the beast off of him and allowed him to hop to his feet. Not a moment too soon as Amulet was upon him again. Long, swiping claws raking through the air as Richardson ducked and dodged under them. With one hand behind his back, he drafted a icy blue sword and parried a blow slicing toward his face.

He shoved Amulet back. Both stood still, paces away, waiting for the other to strike first. Silence reigned over the battle.

Blue sword dipped to the floor, Richardson broke the silence with a single word. “Amulet.”

The beast growled at the dreadknight, it’s tail swishing back and forth. Hunched over like a hunter about to pounce of prey.

“Do you think you’d ever be able to be saved…?” Richardson pondered, staring unemotionally at Amulet.

“Wha-“ Amulet started, caught off guard. Richardson suddenly stabbed forward, scoring a hit in the shoulder. Amulet roared in rage, sending swipe after swipe at the dreadknight. Richardson dodged backwards, kicking his foot down.

A light blue pillar appeared out of nothingness under Richardson’s feet, rocketing him upward. He kicked off it as Amulet swiped at him and front flipped over the beast. Landing behind his confused opponent, Richardson kicked backward, striking the beast in the small of the back and sending him into the pillar. With the blue blade in hand, he stabbed the monster where the spine would be.

Amulet roared twisting and squirming, but pinned, under the blade. It’s tail slashed wildly in hopes of striking Richardson, who dodged easily. He stepped closer and placed his left hand on Amulet’s side, who roared viciously.

Richardson closed his eyes, radiating light blue energy around him, and Amulet. The monster calmed, as if slowly dying, it roared weakly. They stood there for several seconds until the blue blade suddenly snapped pitch black. Richardson dodged to the side and Amulet roared back into life and turned viciously towards him.

Amulet charged headfirst, smashing into Richardson and sending them tumbling. The dreadknight kicked himself out from under the beast as it’s tail struck the ground where he sat seconds ago. Growling the monster charged the defenseless undead.

Blue beams flew overhead, smashing into Amulet and causing him to stumble. Richardson was suddenly heaved up by the returning Richards before the warrior sent more blasts in order to stun the black beast.

“I’m done.” Richards muttered to Richardson, who nodded silently.

“Then we will be leaving, before Amulet collapses this entire dimension.” Richardson replied, before adding. “You know what to do.”

Richards nodded, staring at the ground. Amulet growled as it got up to it’s feet and glared at the two. Richards turned to look at his friends one last time before locking to the beast before him.
“One last question…” Richards said, radiating with a deep blue aura. Richardson nodded. “Alright, shoot.”

“Could you have saved me?” Richards asked. The dreadknight smiled mischievously, turned, and left.

As the warrior roared in fury and charged headlong into battle against the demon of his nightmares, the clone wrapped himself and the heroes in an icy blue light and returned to the Dawnlands.

Richardson opened his eyes. Moonlight streaming through the ice roof messed with his darkvision, causing a mix of color with the perpetual black and white of the night to him. Frost covered the cold floor his was sitting upon, holding an ebony blade in his lap; his right hand, gloved, touching the hilt of the sword. The blade of the sword rested on his left hand, or what would be. Instead it was replaced with an icy claw; he brought it up to his face and examined it quietly as if waiting for something.

Without a word, he stood, sheathing the black blade in the empty scabbard on his back. He turned and opened the door, stepping into the moonlight that bathed his small, snowy fortress.

The question echoed in his mind. ‘Could you have saved me?’

---

Author notes: noh noap. I totally didn't forget that this was suppose to be tagged on the end of Empty Closure as a treat and just recently realized that I had forgotten about it. And now because of that it's part of Secrets of the Dead which will actually be three posts. Where would you get that idea?

Anyway. Secrets of the Dead is starting, although the next post probably won't be in a long while. I've also decided to keep posting open in case people want to speculate on what is going to happen or is currently happening. I won't confirm or deny anything though until the very end.

Also, I'd like to say this fighting actually is inspired by my favorite author's current series. In which magic is actually color. It's really interesting. His name is Brent Weeks if anyone wants to read his books. Anyway, until next time.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

The PL-4n Begins

Post by Sealand on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:39 am

*This takes place after Ruckus’s final invasion*

Snow whipped into the laboratory, manifesting Richardson. He paused, studying the room for any inaccuracies and found nothing. That meant the Overlich hadn’t made a move against him yet, that’s good. At least it’d give him time to place his last few pieces on the board. He grinned at his anxiousness and quickly composed himself again. ‘Been showing a lot of emotion lately, haven’t we? Probably all because of him…’ Richardson thought and mentally kicked himself.

The dreadknight (or is it former now?) walked over to the nearby table and tapped two fingers upon the black blade lying across it. He felt a familiar presence entire a tiny piece of his mind before it spoke. It’s voice echoed, as if it came from inside a cave.

There you are. I hadn’t heard from you since you said you left to go to Teremus’s lab, what happened?

“Quite a few things, actually.” Richardson muttered, as if to himself. He turned and began picking out books from the nearby shelf and throwing them on the counter next to the blade.

Well that doesn’t tell me a goddamn thing. The voice rang inside his mind. Richardson smirked.

“Teremus joined the ranks of the living.”

That’s a good thing, right?

“Yes, it is. What held me up is that my brother’s had decided on their own paths.” Oh?

Richardson paused for a moment, staring blankly the book cover of a book on minerals. He ran a finger smoothly down it’s binding before placing it back on the shelf.

“Vectorus essentially committed suicide.” Richardson stated bluntly. The voice cursed.

So there was some good in him… I guess, just not enough… What about the other two?

“Atrumus and Squii are up to something. I think, not sure what. And as for Ruckus, well I just got back from helping him on his way.” Richardson smiled fondly. “He decided to become one of the living, but of course he had to give them a hard time first.” The voice chuckled.

So now what’s going to happen with your plan?

Richardson cast a sharp glance at the blade. “Our plan.”

Tch. It’d be our plan if you actually told me what’s happening, but instead you keep everything secret. All I know is how it’s SUPPOSED to end. Suddenly a loud growl, as if from a dog, pierced into Richardson’s mind. No, dammit! You stay down.

“That’s a part of the plan. You’re not supposed to know anything, just in case. You’ll be with them for a while, and I don’t want them catching wind.” Richardson muttered, beginning to place some of the books into a large black bag. “I’ve taught you about the half elf woman. She’s a telepath, possibly getting lessons the way she’s strengthening.”

Is it really that bad that they find out?

“What we’re doing is rewriting death, worse, rewriting TIME. By my estimates we only have one shot, and the more variables the worst the outcome. You know this.”

Alright! Alright! Fine. How are you going to get me in the hands of the heroes anyway? Dropping me off into their hands doesn’t seem your way.

Richardson grinned, tying closed the bag.

That doesn’t tell me anything, Richardson.

“Don’t worry about it.” Richardson turned. “B-06. Enter.” He called out in the direction of the courtyard.

After a moment, an iron golem appeared. The door swung open as if on it’s own as the golem lumbered inside. It stuck for a second in the doorway before, through brute force, the construct pushed it’s heavy frame inside Richardson’s laboratory.

“B-06 run command PL-4n.” Richardson ordered the golem. Suddenly the golem stood even more rigid, if that was possible, and the plate covering it’s torso swung open, revealing a small dark storage place.

What in the Nether are you doing?

“Setting up the final pieces to the game.” Richardson said. “By now the Overlich will have realized Teremus betrayed him, no matter how ironic it is, and I’m the only one connected to Teremus who’s out in the open.” Richardson grinned wildly.

So your plan is to be killed by the Overlich? Are you fucking stupid?

Richardson closed his eyes peacefully and shook his head. “Don’t worry Richards, you’ll find out everything soon enough. Tell your friends I said hi when they come.”

Wai- Another animal-like growl pierced through Richardson’s mind.

Richardson placed two fingers on his right hand against the blade. Light blue aura filled the area, originating from the dread knight and the blade. The light cast odd shadow play around the laboratory as power welled between the two. After a couple minutes, both the voice and the growl were gone.

The dread knight looked up satisfied and gently picked up the blade. He turned and placed it inside the golem’s torso hatch before closing it. He paused at the sound of the clicking and locking tumblers.

“Perfect.” Richardson muttered to himself and looking up at the golem standing still. “B-06. Final PL-4n initiative activate. Wait for the heroes to arrive, give them the directive, and kill all Overlich minions that stand in your way. Afterwards initiate D3F. Once done, your final command is RE6.”

The golem began clicking, it’s eyes staring blankly at the wall. Richardson nodded in approval and patted it’s torso.

“Good, good.” Richardson said, amusing himself with the thought of the golem actually having a mind of it’s own. He visibly winced. ‘This must be how Teremus feels, and he’s only going to make it worse, but it’s worth it. Right?’ Richardson thought to himself.

He paused on his way out of his ice fortress and pulled out a small round stone from his robe. The comm-stone he made after giving the heroes the own Teremus had first given him. He smiled sadly and dropped the device, crushing it under his foot. He took another item from his robe and stared at it in the light.

The small loop of black metal looked like it almost ate the light that touched it. From closer examination, small runes were etched on the outside. Richardson smiled warmly. ‘I see why you gave us these, brother, even in the end you wanted just to protect us.’ He thought to himself and slid the ring on his right hand ring finger.

With no more distractions, Richardson opened the door and closed it behind him. The cold, harsh wind fluttered against his cloak as if beckoning him to join the peaceful snow blowing within it. So he did.

Now all he needed was secrecy, and protection.

Author notes: SWEET JESUS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD THIS WAS TO KEEP ALL THIS A SECRET.

ALL THAT LAUGHING.

And so it's finally out...

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 am

You nearly killed me. I wanted to wait until I found a fitting gif...this one works.

Last edited by Tengard on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 am; edited 2 times in total

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 am

It's also broken on the forums, so... gg.

I'm actually kinda glad a few people who messaged me had already guessed this. I've almost been dropping hints non-stop since Richards's 'demise'. The No End, No Beginning song was actually the biggest one I think, especially the end of 'to be continued...'

Fucking laughed my way all through posting that.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys. Hopefully we'll be able to move this forward in RP soon.

Also as a side note, I did say people could post on the thread still during SotD. I just won't be confirming or denying anything storywise until the last and final Secrets of the Dead is posted.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:10 am

Well, all of those weeks pretending to not know sure paid off. You should have all seen the looks on your faces..
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum