» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Greetings all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings all!

Post by Mahote on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:17 am

'Ello everyone. My name is Mahote (Archerd in real life, and I'll be happy to respond to either) and I'm brand new to the server!

I'm looking forward to working on a project in this world, but I won't likely start up on one until moving to a more stable server (My current plan is pretty in-depth, I generally don't do small or mundane) Ideally I will be doing the mad-scientist mansion on a hill top, with underground laboratory housing multiple piston / redstone projects. I'm also speaking over with my roommate about her putting in an application for the Whitelist as well, and if she is interested and approved working as my faithful assistant.

What this means for everyone on the server is you should soon have an eclectic mad scientist about, with inventions and machines galore for you to browse, I will be interested in taking place in the worlds economy with a combination of raw materials, consumables and more often then not, my inventions themselves (Why yes, I would be happy to install sliding double doors to your vault. - Automated turrets to keep out Creeper's you say? Secret book shelf passages? Trap doors full of lava? Muwaha-MUWAHA-MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

I have noticed the town on the temporary server to be quite tasteful, and am enjoying the creative architecture in it (I don't do pixel art, I don't do colossal phallic monuments, I don't do visually offensive in general)

I am unaware if anything from the temporary server is being carried over to the new server, for example if the server host uses MCedit will he be able to take the major towns and copy paste? If that is the intention, and I was to start up a project now could it be moved over to the new server as well? (This would get me to start on my project sooner most likely) or at the very least, if I was to begin the process of resource gathering (And I will need to be resource gathering) can my chests of materials be brought over? I would just like a bit of clarification as I seem to have joined at an interesting time. Until then I will be wandering around town, blueprints in hand of the projects I intend to be creating.

P.S: In game, my character is eccentric and may not respond right away, sometimes you'll get a non sequitor answer from a question you asked 30 minutes prior. He is a bit addled brained (And you'll see why once the bios is completed, pending my roommates decision *shakes fist at her*) and in real life, I'm the father of a two year old, so I get distracted sometimes and have to frequently AFK!

Happy hunting, I look forward to getting to know you all!

Mahote

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings all!

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:20 am

Welcome to the Dawn of Time community. We hope you enjoy your stay! Make sure to post your bio for application so I can evaluate it.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahote on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:03 am

Character Bios is posted.

Mahote

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:33 am

welcome to dawn of time C: you sound like you will fit right in just fine with us. but as for your question on building in the temp map being moved over. as of now, i do not believe anything is being moved over from the old map (except the single chest full of items? are we still gonna do that frazz?).

sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:07 am

Animus and your character will get along very well. :P

Anyway, hello and welcome again to our little community, Mahote.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:26 am

Welcome to the humble abode that is, our forum C:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 am

Another lover of redstone. <3
Welcome my lovely server.
We hope you enjoy your stay.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Oho you and I are going to get along just fine...
Loves obsessively large projects: Check
Enjoys Redstone: Check
???: Che- yeah, I ran out of stuff to say.
Really, if you enjoy big projects, and enjoy/are good with redstone - you're going to do just fine with me. And Probably Zpallin too. And Cappy (If he ever stops worrying about Methods and just gets back to Not-So-Real Life. Seriously, he hasn't touched a computer in over a week cause he's been trying to understand it. That can't be healthy [Ok, yes it can, but the stress or W/E can't be]).
Sadly, likely nothing will be carried from the temp map to the new map. I'd personally just start on something reasonably large, but not too large (Coming from the guy who used over 200K cobblestone to not even get halfway through building something in the old map) on the temp map, as the stay there will be somewhat longish.
On the new map, I look forward to possibly working with you towards some large project, if you decide to join in building something other than that large evil mansion [>:D], such as our plans for the Nexus (Still really quite experimental, and not much done on it yet seeing as it won't be started for a while) or a stupidly large underground project I'm planning that will take an age and a half to make [Considering my previous stupidly large underground project took a month, and this one is bigger], or whatever else someone comes up with the idea of building.

Anyways, welcome to the server, I think you'll get along just fine with many people, and good luck on your endeavours. See you on on the new map.

inb4 Jocc get back to work on the new map
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:10 pm

YES, another mad scientist! Although I think perhaps you are a bit madder than Professor Smithe. He is my mad scientist character, who was taken by the Overlich, and has disappeared, although will be making a reappearance on the new map.

Anyway: you and your character both sound very interesting indeed. Can't wait to see you in game, and I hope you get your assistant! :P
mimmyjambo
Regular

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum