Latest topics
» Scope's 6 Shit-post Hahahahaha
Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:45 pm by ReceptiveRaptor

» A New Forum
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:17 pm by LukeTheElf

» How is everyone?
Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 am by Skull Sphinx

» Image War 2
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am by Warrikon

» District names!
Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:01 pm by Tengard

» EVENTUALLY ENDING STORY 5!!!!...!
Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 am by Warrikon

» ..o_o
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 am by Faelar Laelither

» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree


Unban appeal - neo261

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Somerandomdude on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:38 am

IGN:neo261

What happened (in full)?: On the temporary map that is on the server right now I used program Amidst (program to see biomes, location of villages and strongholds) to find a stronghold. I moved there and explored the stronghold so I could make a village there(I made couple of villages on temporary maps before). Next day after someone said if I found it using ender eyes I realized that I did a mistake using Amidst and removed my /home that was in the stronghold and decided to never to comeback to the stronghold again. I moved in starting village camp and lived there until today when Scope banned me for using xray.

Who requested your ban?:superscope1

Why you want to be unbanned?: I am sorry and I regret my actions, I enjoyed playing on the servers and sometimes helping people out with getting wood etc.

Why should we unban you?: Well above pretty much but I would also like to add if you unban me I will repent somehow for this by doing what you tell me to (help build spawn town or something like that).

If you do not unban me can I atleast say bye to everyone on the server? To ensure I would not do anything like grief for revenge you could put me in bedrock box and make me not able to do any commands.

Somerandomdude
___________

Posts : 19
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by sonicxs2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 am

well you seem sincere. i would approve of this right now, but i do not believe i have am in the position to do so, best of luck, and goodbye if you stay banned.
avatar
sonicxs2
Regular

Posts : 482
Points : 522
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 20
Location : Georgia

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Kairus on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 am

I believe he should be un-banned, everyone deserves a second chance.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MY LATEST PROJECT (UPDATED 10/2):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Kairus
Regular

Posts : 982
Points : 1117
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 23
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 am

Wasn't it you who asked if someone had killed the Enderdragon?
And I told you not to cheat to find the stronghold?

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Posts : 824
Points : 1039
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Uhmm... What?
Somerandomdude wrote:I will repent somehow for this by doing what you tell me to (help build spawn town or something like that).
Every has to help, wether they like it or not. :D

Also, you placed, A LOT of water in Uron'Gar... Your reply was. "So? It's not like there's a gap in the fences". I banned you from Uron'Gar for the rest of that day...
-_- There was actually a gap previously, it was then fixed. But I don't care, if it damn spilt, it could make so much obsidian, and it would take time to remove. And then all the lava currents would screw up, and we'd have to replace it all...

I don't like you that much. And you can say goodbye on the forums! :D


Last edited by superscope1 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed your quote)
avatar
Mazer_
Regular

Posts : 877
Points : 1044
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Well, I think it's time I post the following images from our "Legendary" temp map...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Posts : 98
Points : 117
Join date : 2011-06-13
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Well dat's not nice behaviour, no unban, Iunno. And that's for the edit Scope.
avatar
Mazer_
Regular

Posts : 877
Points : 1044
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Somerandomdude on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:08 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:Wasn't it you who asked if someone had killed the Enderdragon?
And I told you not to cheat to find the stronghold?
I used the program before you said that, so after these words I realized that I shouldn't have done that.

About temp map Legendary, well I was mean to Sabriala and Selector and on next temp maps I tried to be nice. Legendary map just put a lot of stress on me sometimes.

Somerandomdude
___________

Posts : 19
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Sealand on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:And I told you not to cheat to find the stronghold?

And Fae told us that you said that Frazz allowed you to use Admist to him over Steam...?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Posts : 936
Points : 1022
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : 6 miles off the east coast of Britain

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Somerandomdude on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Sealand wrote:
TheFrazzledKid wrote:And I told you not to cheat to find the stronghold?

And Fae told us that you said that Frazz allowed you to use Admist to him over Steam...?

Yep he told me I could use it like during 1.8 temp map and I stupidly thought I could use it on every temp map.

Somerandomdude
___________

Posts : 19
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Darkborne on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 pm

You know my thoughts on the subject. Take my opinion, or don't. But don't deny him simply because you don't like him. That's not our place, and it never should be.


/2 cents

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Posts : 185
Points : 229
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Neo, your behavior is asinine, and your unban appeal is a worthless piece of garbage that lacks any true sincerity. In fact, it looks like you barely put any time into creating it. If you intend to post this rubbish, then why should I even consider voting for your unbanning?

So, here's what I propose: post an appeal that's NOT complete insincere rubbish- something that looks like you put plenty of time into it and shows that what you say is true and meaningful- and I will take it into serious consideration. And don't give us any sass like evidence of your past behavior has shown.

It's not too late to redeem yourself for your actions and to shape up your behavior.
avatar
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Posts : 1773
Points : 1882
Join date : 2011-03-17
Location : Nowhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by sonicxs2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:31 pm

SelectorOfSouls wrote:Well, I think it's time I post the following images from our "Legendary" temp map...
-snip-

what the hell neo? why are you being a douche bag to people lately?
avatar
sonicxs2
Regular

Posts : 482
Points : 522
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 20
Location : Georgia

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Somerandomdude on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 pm

sonicxs2 wrote:
SelectorOfSouls wrote:Well, I think it's time I post the following images from our "Legendary" temp map...
-snip-

what the hell neo? why are you being a douche bag to people lately?
Legendary map was in October I think and lately because I have personal problems...(It's not like you guys will belive me)

Somerandomdude
___________

Posts : 19
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by sonicxs2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Somerandomdude wrote:
sonicxs2 wrote:
SelectorOfSouls wrote:Well, I think it's time I post the following images from our "Legendary" temp map...
-snip-

what the hell neo? why are you being a douche bag to people lately?
Legendary map was in October I think and lately because I have personal problems...(It's not like you guys will belive me)

look, i haven't had problems with you myself, but you need to stop being annoying to others. also, assuming you are having irl problems, you could have said so in the first place to clear things up a bit.
avatar
sonicxs2
Regular

Posts : 482
Points : 522
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 20
Location : Georgia

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Somerandomdude on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 am

sonicxs2 wrote:
Somerandomdude wrote:
sonicxs2 wrote:
SelectorOfSouls wrote:Well, I think it's time I post the following images from our "Legendary" temp map...
-snip-

what the hell neo? why are you being a douche bag to people lately?
Legendary map was in October I think and lately because I have personal problems...(It's not like you guys will belive me)

look, i haven't had problems with you myself, but you need to stop being annoying to others. also, assuming you are having irl problems, you could have said so in the first place to clear things up a bit.
Well I didn't say anything about rl problems because well it pretty much had nothing to do with using amidst to find a stronghold.

Somerandomdude
___________

Posts : 19
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by sonicxs2 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 am

Somerandomdude wrote:
Well I didn't say anything about rl problem
well...

Somerandomdude wrote:and lately because I have personal problems...

that sounds like you have a irl problem :/
avatar
sonicxs2
Regular

Posts : 482
Points : 522
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 20
Location : Georgia

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Somerandomdude on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:01 am

sonicxs2 wrote:
Somerandomdude wrote:
Well I didn't say anything about rl problem
well...

Somerandomdude wrote:and lately because I have personal problems...

that sounds like you have a irl problem :/
Forgot to say before lol I meant I didn't say anything about rl problem before that's what I meant

Somerandomdude
___________

Posts : 19
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Darkborne on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:37 am

Whether or not he's a douche to people is really.... irrelevant. I had my problems with this guy too, but you don't hear me harping on about it. Aside from his being given a second chance on his appeal, albeit in a (No offense fae) very snobbish manner, he doesn't seem to be given much of a chance here.


And Selector, I'm surprised and disappointed in you.... fanning the irrelevant flames like that....


The point here is to discuss whether or not his offense really merits booting him from the server.

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Posts : 185
Points : 229
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Darkborne on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:43 am

And I'm really annoyed that I have to be the one who says this. Frankly, I expected more of some of you. I'm not popular as it is, and this really isn't helping me right now.


You are to look at this in a completely objective manner. If you can't stop your personal feelings of the guy from impacting your view of his appeal, you're only hindering him and yourselves by putting your voice here. That includes everyone....


If a judge were found to have a personal issue with someone in his court, you better believe he'd be recused from his position on the case (with exception being court drama shows... never seems to happen there). Granted this is nowhere near the same level of severity, it's the atmosphere we must foster if we are to have any credibility as a fair and practical server.

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Posts : 185
Points : 229
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 am

Wow guys.
Seriously.

Just read this thread and wow you're all acting (besides some people and I mean no offense here) like vicious dogs.
Sel those images were unnecessary to even post in the first place, there is nothing wrong with them and Fae I have to agree with Dark on this one

Darkborne wrote: Aside from his being given a second chance on his appeal, albeit in a (No offense fae) very snobbish manner, he doesn't seem to be given much of a chance here.

As an admin of the server the way you addressed the issue was a pretty unprofessional way of doing it.

I for one would love to see Neo unbanned, I've never had any problems with him and the past and I for one know how having "rl issues" can make you a typing shitbox if you're not in the right mood to begin with, maybe next time you could all show a little mercy or some compassion towards people that are in the spotlight because they got a little mad or acted a different way, Dawn of Time has no set prefix that we must follow when being human, we have rules but we don't have some set thing that says if you get mad then gtfo.

tl;dr

Sel had no reason to post the images, Fae was a douche, You should show some compassion when dealing with this kind of situation, Neo for unban.

Edit: It's nice to see I'm not the only one that thinks like that Dark.

Now please stop this flame war before some bans are handed out.
Yes I said bans, not warnings. The fact that almost everyone here has participated in this flame war is bad enough, I held more trust to you guys to be able to hold back from starting one in the community we've worked to build.
avatar
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Posts : 1745
Points : 1951
Join date : 2011-03-14
Age : 22
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by superscope1 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 am

Hey, I had a legitimate reason to start this all off, and have not responded once in this thread. I will agree it got a little out of hand, seeing as Mazer even acted rude.

However, Raptor. You have to keep in mind, he did break the RULES we have put in place on the server. He used an "exploit" to find the strongholds, disobeyed Frazz when he told him not to, and in Tala's images you could count that as verbal abuse.

I originally banned him for xray-ing, and I will admit, while amidst or whatever it's called is not as bad, it's still a violation on the rules, and he's broken a few others as stated above.

I for one, am not taking back the ban, but I'm agreeing with you in the fact that as soon as one person said something, everyone turned their backs on neo pretty fast.

TL;DR: I say the ban stays, but people are being a little too hostile in the thread.
Also, I agree with Fae's post completly. His appeal sounded more like "Unban me because I want to be unbanned", not for any reason in particular.

This is the first, and hopefully last, time I post here. I'm also requesting that nobody post after me EXCEPT neo. If you disagree with anything stated in this response, PM me, as this thread could easily be locked if not for the fact that I would like to see another appeal.

_________________
Rule 9 of the internet: There are no real rules about moderation. Enjoy your ban.
Did you know I like TNT? I like TNT. Oh, and cactus. Moreso TNT. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
superscope1
Owner

Posts : 1337
Points : 1456
Join date : 2011-03-14
Age : 25
Location : Newfoundland

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Somerandomdude on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:43 am

I used Amidst to find stronghold before Frazz told me not to do it. Anyway I will post my new improved appeal tomorrow but am I supposed to edit first post here or to make new topic?

Somerandomdude
___________

Posts : 19
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Sealand on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 am

I would prefer you edit your first post, and keep the original appeal. Just post 'Second appeal:' under it, then post here to tell us so the conversation can resume, PEACEFULLY.

Otherwise whoever posts here gets stabbed with a large fork of BAN.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Posts : 936
Points : 1022
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : 6 miles off the east coast of Britain

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 am

Darkborne wrote:Whether or not he's a douche to people is really.... irrelevant. I had my problems with this guy too, but you don't hear me harping on about it. Aside from his being given a second chance on his appeal, albeit in a (No offense fae) very snobbish manner, he doesn't seem to be given much of a chance here.


And Selector, I'm surprised and disappointed in you.... fanning the irrelevant flames like that....


The point here is to discuss whether or not his offense really merits booting him from the server.

I agree with this.
Neo, post a new thread about your ban appeal.
I, personally, am ashamed of some of the comments from people I thought were above this.
Thread Locked.
(Sorry for ignoring your preference, Sealand)
Also, anyone posting on the new thread must be posting relative information about the issue at hand.
Not issues from the past.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Posts : 824
Points : 1039
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban appeal - neo261

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum