» ..o_o
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 am by Faelar Laelither

» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

(Now includes Pics) Designing New MC Forum Thread; Need Help.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (Now includes Pics) Designing New MC Forum Thread; Need Help.

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 pm

No idea what the banner size is. >.>
Posted some pics to play with.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm

The screenshots are far too small for me to do anything with... ah, whatever, I'll just get to work on pulling out my own.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed May 23, 2012 11:02 am

BlazeZeroThree wrote:The screenshots are far too small for me to do anything with... ah, whatever, I'll just get to work on pulling out my own.
So there was no way to see them larger. Huh.

I may take some pictures when I get around to it, but ATM I'm generally more busy building stuff that running around taking screenshots :P
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 am

Going to the link for each one gives a bigger image, but if they're too small as well, you'll have to get your own. D:

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Wed May 23, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm beginning work on the thread. I hope it'll be done by the end of the coming weekend. As proof, have this fancy banner:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Wed May 23, 2012 2:04 pm

You have no idea how much I love you, Blaze.
In the not-gay way.
Well, maybe a little gay<3

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Wed May 23, 2012 5:48 pm

By the way, that first picture isn't so good. firstly, because its tiny... as it has already been said ^_^ but i don't use that skin anymore. so, = bad! D:
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Thu May 24, 2012 11:09 am

This is the current thread in progress. It's not complete yet, but I'd still like the community's feedback on its appearance and suggestions. I refuse to allow this to go up until our whitelist system is back up and running.

Welcome to the Dawn of Time, a RP-centric SMP Minecraft server. We're a small, friendly community with a wonderful staff, here to make an imaginative and fun world for you to creatively RP, build, and much more. No weird technical questing system. No grinding for XP. No giant prefabricated buildings pasted in by bored admins. Just Minecraft and your imagination.

The Dawn of Time... the dawn of a new civilization. Recovering from a rapture known to many as the first cataclysm, society began to rebuild from the ashes. With the stout hearts and creative minds of a group of people, Dawnbay, the first city, was born. Soon, society began to reform and regrow, and with it, new towns and cities sprung up from the ground.

But soon, a terrible, otherwordly evil came to undo all of life and it's creations. Hordes of undead swept accross the land, and a war of life and death raged constantly. Innocents perished, heroes arose and fell along with the terrible creatures they fought, and new discoveries were made. Although the outcome appeared bleak at times, civilization continued to fight back, for the light shines the brightest in the darkest times.

Soon, however, the great evil that had plagued the lands and corrupted the hearts of countless unleashed the full might of his armies, and cities everywhere were strangled in a second cataclysm. Cities fell one by one, and villages were crushed. At the very end, Dawnbay, the place where it all began, was also the place that civilization as it was known once again fell.

Society would retreat to hide in the mountains of the north, for lives cannot be rebuilt like structures can, but a new life would come with the next dawn, and The Dawn of Time Society would return once again to rebuild, recreate, and recover, for they lived in a world bathed in the light of creation- a world in their hands.

Please abide by the following rules, in addition to common sense, when on our server at all times:
  1. NO GRIEFING
    Griefing, by our definition, is the deliberate act of messing with someone's else's work on our server. This includes, but is not limited to: breaking blocks you have not obtained explicit permission to break, remove, or replace; taking items into a chest that does not belong to you and which you do not have explicit permission to access, or placing blocks in areas which may interfere with someone's else construction, buildings, or plans. Punishments for violating this rule to a significant extent will usually be a permanent ban from our server.

2. NO EXPLOITS/HACKS/THIRD PARTY TOOLS
    You may not use any bugs, exploits, bots, macros, or outside tools to gain an advantage over other players in any way. Essentially, anything outside the typical mining, logging, fishing, building, and redstone wiring should not be done with the assistance of any Minecraft exploits or tools. These tools include non-vanilla clients, mods, or external programs to modify gameplay. Punishment for violating this rule is a permanent ban.

3. NO VERBAL ABUSE
    Don't be rude to your fellow players. Don't spam chat with several lines of text when one will do, or abuse chat with an excessive amount of dialogue. Don't repeat a request or statement excessively in a short period of time. Racism, sexism, excessive out-of-character swearing, and essentially any form of offensive language is strictly prohibited. Punishments for violating this rule after a prior warning include temporary muting, temporary bans, all the way up to lengthy bans.

4. RP SENSIBLY/NO RANDOM PVP
    You need to have an approved character biography on our forums to legally RP with your character. There is a separate thread for events if you wish for your characters to participate in official RP events. Once you have your approved character, please observe the following rules: do your best to stay in-character; that is, stick to your character's personality with his/her speech and actions. When RP'ing, do your best to stick to server lore, and try to keep in mind we do have people on our server below the age of 18. Don't metagame; that is, mixing out of character knowledge to your advantage while in character. Player-vs-player combat must be played out in RP, and generally shouldn't be done out of character. If you are not participating in RP, use brackets (such as [example sentence]) to speak to other people in chat. Punishments for violations include being slapped with lightning a few times and/or being banned from RP on our server. By the way, if you're reading this, put 'bacon' in your whitelist application post, and continue reading through the rules.

5. NO BUILDING IN OR NEAR TOWNS OR PRIVATE PROPERTIES WITHOUT PERMISSION
    Official towns on our server reserve the right to reserve large amounts of land in the surrounding area. Because of this, you cannot modify the land near or in official cities for a significant distance; as a rule of thumb, at least 500 blocks from town hall. If you're interested in building in the wilderness and staking out your own claim of land, make sure your land is explicitly outlined, and remains reasonably small. If you wish to build within a city's borders, it is advised to ask the mayor of the town for permissions. If you do end up building or modifying land excessively close to a city without permission, your building will likely be moved or torn down, and your modifications reverted.

6. NO UNSIGHTLY STRUCTURES
    We don't want to see giant pillars up to the sky. Tear those down if you really need to build those to get up somewhere. Don't make pixel art or extremely outlandish structures that end up being an eyesore. Cut down entire trees; that is, don't leave behind floating trees after you begin cutting down a tree. If you don't take down the structures, we will, and you will be left with a warning or worse.

7. LISTEN TO THE MODS/ADMINS
    Basically, just use your common sense, and do your best to respect our staff if they need you to comply with something, or the like. Don't disrespect our staff. If you have a complaint regarding any abuse of power or what you feel was a failing of our moderators or administration, please let us know on our forums. Thank you!

Once you've finished reading the rules, please fill out the following form properly to be considered for our whitelist. Please take your time, and try to make it readable.

1. IGN: { Your Minecraft username. }
  2. Minecraft Experience: { How long have you been playing? Know a thing or two about building or redstone? Whatever you feel like sharing. }
  3. RP Experience: { Ever made another unique character before? Any fond memories you'd like to share? If not, don't worry, as long as you're a good applicant, we'll do our best to get you started. }
  4. Read the Rules: { Well? Have you? }
  5. Your Expectations: { What are you expecting from our server? }
  6. You're running through the forest late at night, skeletons at your heels. You're running out of energy and you realise you won't make it back to your humble abode before the skeletons tear you apart. Suddenly, a bright light is seen through a gap between tree branches, and you dash for it. You spot a small, wood cabin and dive through the door, slamming it shut behind you. You look around the cabin, and see a small, unlocked chest. There is a sign above the door "Welcome to Hyperion's Humble Home". What do you do?

Now accepting screenshots...

Last edited by BlazeZeroThree on Tue May 29, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Porkchop on Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 pm

BlazeZeroThree wrote: Super long snip

That looks really really really really really really good.
I especially like the banner. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.
Sir Porkchop
Regular

Location : Why must you ask these questions? Are you stalking me?

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Thu May 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Dear Blaze.

Your posting this has caused me to take severe action in response.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or:

Skip to 11 seconds.

That is all.
mimmyjambo
Regular

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 pm

It looks really nice, can't wait :D
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 pm

OP has been updated on the MinecraftForum thread.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Linky.

Sealand, work your magic and update the scrolly thing at the top with the new info if you would =3

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tials on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Once.
The Dawnlands prospered.
Building great cities, making huge towers of joy and light.
But under and above all of that positive energy, there was Negative Energy.
Not only under the grounds, not only above the sky, but also near you could be that dreaded feeling.

However, there were heroes.
People with great experience in battle and have been offered many rewards protected the Dawnlands of most evil.
With great might they struck down the many sinister creations and fabrications.

But all of that negative energy kept slipping away, just in the nick of time.
Angering both sides, making them both stronger.

Many, many battles were fought against the Negative Energy.
Most battles were won by Positive Energy.
But not all.

In the last few days of the first saga, tons of buildings were destroyed.
The death-counts were sky-rocketing trough the roof that once stood there.

Some saw it coming.
Nearly everyone didn't.

After all of these world-shocking events the writer had to eat, but instead was eaten.
(I had to eat. D:)

Woah, did not expect all of that SO quick. XD (Still have to eat, bai)

Last edited by Tials on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Did not expect this)

Tials

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheSteamwhale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum