» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Greetings

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings

Post by TheAlchemist on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 pm

...and salutations.

Not to sound like Captain Obvious, but I'm new to this forum and (generally-speaking) new to MineCraft, having only been playing for a few months.

I am many things; a writer, a gamer, a lover of zombies and small forest creatures. I have an aversion to socks, a penchant for mischief, my dice always roll twenties, but I'm not jaded. My favorite molecular formula is C8H10N4O2.

TheAlchemist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXCzFnkxtY

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings

Post by TheLegacy on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Hello there, welcome to Dawn of Time. Hope you have a good time here and enjoy your stay.
TheLegacy
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Welcome to the dawn of time community, TheAlchemist. I recognize your insignia of The Exodar.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Welcome to our forum, Alchemist. Hope to see you on the server sometime.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Welcome, your objective in sounding interesting has been successful. Hope to see you on the server :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlchemist on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Thank you for the receptive welcome...I feel all warm & fuzzy now. :)
TheAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 am

Welcome to the Dawn of Time! Please, enjoy your stay here while I prepare your fuzzy slippers.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 am

ahh a newcomer :D welcome to DoT
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:46 am

Welcome friend! Don't forget to fill out an application [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looking forward to accept an application (Finally.....), and see you on our server!

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlchemist on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:17 am

Faelar Laelither wrote:Welcome to the dawn of time community, TheAlchemist. I recognize your insignia of The Exodar.
You have a keen eye! ;)

BlazeZeroThree wrote:Welcome to the Dawn of Time! Please, enjoy your stay here while I prepare your fuzzy slippers.
Fuzzy slippers /ftw

superscope1 wrote:Welcome friend! Don't forget to fill out an application

Looking forward to accept an application (Finally.....), and see you on our server!
Thanks! Looking forward to it :)
TheAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:41 am

Welcome,welcome !
I hope you join us soon !
RUN WHILE YOU CAN
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:29 am

Accepted. Not sure what your minecraft account name is though.. So I added your forum name on both these forums and the MC forums.

Welcome to the server :D

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:44 am

TheAlchemist wrote:Thank you for the receptive welcome...I feel all warm & fuzzy now. :)
No, no, Receptive has not welcomed you yet, but when he does, be prepared with diamond armor and water. And obsidian. And a bow. And a lightning-stopping magical barrier. And a /kill preventer. Good luck!

Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome. Unfortunately for you, this is probably one of the worst times to join if you were planning on building something big. Kinda a lot of things will be going boom shortly. And invasions. And a zombies and blazes and Blaze's and ghasts and skeles and NECs and... yeah, hell. If you sign up for RP and pass the competence test, it may be fun for you to help defend places.
Otherwise, have fun getting to know people, and exploring this map before its gone. By the end of the month we plan to have our new map up, which will have a few surprises for people in it, and will be perfect for starting something big.

If you ever need work, or want to be engaged in a big project, talk to me, Zpallin (In game nickname is Z-9477111 [Just call him Z]), or Wheeind (Wind).
Faelar runs RP, and any questions concerning that should probably be directed at him. To participate you'll need to make a Bio, using the template here:
And post it here:
And then pass the aforementioned competency test.
For a brief rundown of server lore to current date, read this thread:

Name colours and ranks in game (Forums use a separate ranking system and different colours:
Spoiler:
-Blue: Frazz/Owner of server
-Light Green: Admins (I'm hoping its still green anyway)
-Red: Moderators
-Dark Green: Regulars
-Yellow: Donators
-Orange (Colour you'll be in the game with. I think its meant to be orange, though I don't think it quite looks like it): Normal users
-Grey: Z/Robot
-Purple: Special colour usually used for custom ranks involving mods or admins with an extra set of powers, or who donated as well as being a mod/admin and wanted a purple name. Don't think anyone still has one.
-Black: Threatened to DDoS the server if wasn't granted control of whitelist from memory. Currently, only Scope has held this colour I believe.

A few locations on the current map:
Spoiler:
Dawnbay:
Starting town. It was the first town on the server, and is where you will spawn in. Freeform, and abandoned almost entirely. There are probably a few ruins in the surrounding area from the Overlich's attacks, and the old execution machine burnt down in a fire that I have no explanation for. Contains Frazz's parkour course.
To teleport there, type "/spawn" into chat (Follows universal law of leave out the ". Same goes for anything I tell you to type in, ignore " unless told otherwise)

Earthhaven:
One of the early towns on the server. Now destroyed. First Dwarven town, originally quite small. Connected to rail leading to Dawnbay, and to Hollowvale. Right next to Hollowvale. At co-ordinates: X:104 Y:65 Z:404
Currently no warp due to its destruction. Ruins still exist though, with lava throughout them.

Hollowvale:
One of the early towns on the server. Now Destroyed. Connected to rail leading to Earthhaven. Located at coordinates: x:181 Y:76 Z:451
No warp due to its destruction. Ruins still exist, dark during night so mobs may kill you.

Eccentric Divine Headquarters:
Headquarters of the server's most and only successful guild, the Eccentric Divine. Was destroyed by the Overlich. Located around coordinates X:477 Y:71 Z:381 near Hollowvale.
No warp currently due to its destruction, but the ruins are there.

Tenendale:
A castle town built as a part of Wind's building contest. Still intact, but abandoned. Had great potential to be an active town, unfortunately its leader disappeared under circumstances that I believe some know of, but most do not. Near Eccentric Divine Headquarters. Located at coordinates: X:801 Y:65 Z:257
No warp presently, as it was lost when the server's host went on its derping spree, and we lost basically everything (Luckily, I had downloaded a backup Frazz had put up at some point in time, so we had the map at least).

Sisyphean:
A large, walled in town built in the middle of a large lake. Does not exist for RP purposes, due to it being built under the Hyperion Battlecruiser from memory, a project of Capsnip and myself that is fully operational and located above the town. Had a fair bit of traffic at one point in time, however the town's owner dedicated more time to building the town that letting people know about it, and it faded into obscurity and inactivity. Warp was seemingly recently removed. Located halfway between Hollowvale and Uron'Gar, the coordinates of the Hollowvale side entrance - located nearby the giant compass tower just outside the city walls - are X:-274 Y:67 Z:468

Uron'Gar:
Large, Dwarven town built as a part of Wind's building contest. My town, and second most active on the server whilst we were operating normally. Still intact, but has numerous defences active ATM in preperation for the Overlich's invasion of it, which is expected to occur some time within the next month. Located near Sisyphean and connected to Sanctuary's ruins by Z's trail (Uron'Gar start point coordinates: X:-844 Y:71 Z:356 ). Coordinates of the town are X:-814 Y:60 Z:416
To teleport there, type "/Warp Uron'Gar" into chat.

Sanctuary:
A fortress town with multiple levels. Destroyed by the Overlich in an invasion to gain the Ghast Grimoire. Was largely active for a while, until its owner disappeared under mysterious circumstances, only to reappear 5 minutes before the town was invaded. He has since disappeared again. Ruins still exist. Near Uron'Gar, and somewhat near Dawnbay. Can be reached by Z's trail (Coordinates of Sanctuary start point X:-525 Y:71 Z:-66 ), or by a separate rail station at Dawnbay.
Located at coordinates X:-519 Y:72 Z:-76
No warp, due to its destruction, ruins remain though and a rebuilding effort was started until it was decided a new map would be made.

Risen:
A large city built in the sky, atop a tower stand. Was the third most active town when the server was operating normally, and was opened with an RP event. Was divided into 4 quarters, each owned by the victors of the RP, as opposed to by the town's builder himself. Recently destroyed by the Overlich in an invasion as part of the second cataclysm. NOTHING remains of it. Was located near Sanctuary. Coordinates not included due to it being completely destroyed, but I'm not deleting this as I've already written it.

The Octagon:
A project of mine that never ended up being completed. As the name suggests, it is an octagon shaped structure, high in the sky between Cerberus and Uron'Gar. Contains 3 levels, none of which are actually complete beyond the floor plan. Approx diameter of Octagon by memory: 80, maybe 100. Each floor consists of three layers: two of cobblestone, and one of air between that. Design was used to enable easy redstone placement without disruption the rest of the structure's design. Has a 128 fuel TNT cannon attached.
Can be seen from Z's trail, located at Coordinates X:-1018 Y:69 Z:-173
Access the Octagon itself by the lift sign found at those coordinates.

Darkborne's Project:
A project built by the admin Darkbourne for Wind's building contest. Asian style building and floating islands nearby. May be more to it, but I do not know of it. Wasn't completed, but a substantial amount of work has been done on it. Can be seen from Z's path.
Coordinates are X:-2313 Y:65 Z:-39

Cerberus:
The largest and most active town on the server. Stretches for thousands of blocks (Not all with a ton built on it), and has many separate sections connected by rails. Currently still intact. Has many ships, and has an exit to Z's trail that I am never able to find.
To teleport there, type "/warp Cerberus" into chat.
Coordinates are X:-2991 Y:70 Z:-115

Duskville:
A walled in town located far away from any other. Abandoned, except by its owner, though it once was somewhat active. Wall auto-rebuilds. Still intact.
To teleport there, type "/warp Duskville" into chat.
Coordinates are X:5033 Y:66 Z:4934

Ghostforge:
A dungeon used earlier in RP to grant Ghost Touch weaponry to those who completed the dungeon, allowing them to participate in fights vs ethereal boss enemies. No warp or coordinates known by me, though Faelar or someone else may know them.

Silverwell:
A recent dungeon used in RP to grant Silver Weapons to those who completed it, allowing them to harm vampiric enemies - like Dethecus, the Overlich's general in charge of the invasion of Risen.
Coordinates are X:-679 Y:65 Z:939
To teleport there, type "/warp Silverwell" into chat.
I think that's all the major stuff.

So, hopefully that gives you enough info. I've been typing this for hours, and travelling the map to get coordinates for these locations, so I'm probably going to stop typing now. Hope to see you on sometime.

Also, it would seem the Overlich has gone around and corrupted some terrain with Soul Sand, and placed strange statues around some of the locations I mentioned. Queue sinister stuff happening.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlchemist on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:19 pm

superscope1 wrote:Accepted. Not sure what your minecraft account name is though.. So I added your forum name on both these forums and the MC forums.

Welcome to the server :D
Thank you very much! You should be able to find my account under "protoscience" :D

For Joccaren: Wow! Thanks so much for investing the time on that healthy introduction. And...I must admit...it certainly seems like a lot of things get blown up, destroyed & obliterated! :)
TheAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Also, it would seem the Overlich has gone around and corrupted some terrain with Soul Sand, and placed strange statues around some of the locations I mentioned. Queue sinister stuff happening.

The corruption was indeed his work, but the pumpkin statues were not.

I appreciate you saving me time and explaining things for him in my stead, though.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlchemist on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 pm

I am interested in the RP aspect...although I've never been subject to a competency test - will you grade me on my ability to remain in character?
TheAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Kairus wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Thank you for the receptive welcome...I feel all warm & fuzzy now. :)
No, no, Receptive has not welcomed you yet, but when he does, be prepared with diamond armor and water. And obsidian. And a bow. And a lightning-stopping magical barrier. And a /kill preventer. Good luck!

Ninjas everywhere (._.)
That /kill incident was 100% accidental I swear D= I didn't know it got rid of the items as well... At least he "deserved" it and was banned shortly after? So no real harm was done? :D

Okay so they've introduced me as someone that will most likely Wreck your shit on sight. Wrong. They always do this but who could blame them? I always had a thing for being a "destructive" admin (or destructive in general? Happens when you were at the time a "split personality" between administrating a server and griefing others...)

*clears throat*
[formality]
Hey, I'm ReceptiveRaptor ex-admin on the server and the creator of this forum, welcome to my humble abode, if you follow the rules and make the place awesome (not to imply it already isn't) then we should have no trouble. Someone said you did a good job of making yourself sound interesting and they're correct I'd love to get to know you eventually ^-^ If you ever need anything on here then talk to Sea, Kai or myself and if you have a suggestion come see me directly ;D
[/formality]

Damn Fae, that avatar is sexy ;D
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlchemist on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 am

ReceptiveRaptor wrote:Okay so they've introduced me as someone that will most likely Wreck your shit on sight. Wrong. They always do this but who could blame them? I always had a thing for being a "destructive" admin (or destructive in general? Happens when you were at the time a "split personality" between administrating a server and griefing others...)
A little bit of chaos only serves to make things interesting...

ReceptiveRaptor wrote:*clears throat*
[formality]
Hey, I'm ReceptiveRaptor ex-admin on the server and the creator of this forum, welcome to my humble abode, if you follow the rules and make the place awesome (not to imply it already isn't) then we should have no trouble. Someone said you did a good job of making yourself sound interesting and they're correct I'd love to get to know you eventually ^-^ If you ever need anything on here then talk to Sea, Kai or myself and if you have a suggestion come see me directly ;D
[/formality]
Thank you so much for the formal welcome...I have a feeling that we will get along splendidly. (Unless, of course, I make trouble and then you have to wreck my shit? j/k) :P
TheAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:18 am

TheAlchemist wrote:Thank you so much for the formal welcome...I have a feeling that we will get along splendidly. (Unless, of course, I make trouble and then you have to wreck my shit? j/k) :P

The pleasure is all mine.
Don't worry about that I am actually inactive on the server (only coming back whenever I'm with Sgt) so there's no threat of destruction. I seem to play more LoL than Minecraft these days anyway...
I'd love to get to know you as I'm sure we would get along o3o
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:59 am

hi.
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:33 am

TheAlchemist wrote:I am interested in the RP aspect...although I've never been subject to a competency test - will you grade me on my ability to remain in character?

Well, it's not like that, per se.. Don't worry, you'll understand soon enough. Don't worry about the competency test until you have an approved character, though.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gamermyride on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:36 am

Hello, yay A new member
gamermyride

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:56 am

TheAlchemist wrote:A little bit of chaos only serves to make things interesting...

I like him. He thinks like me... HEY! Nice to meet ya!

Edit..... I can't quote right.... :(

Raptor edit:
Fixed the quote for you ;D
You needed a [/quote] tag on the end

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 am

Tengard wrote:
I like him. He thinks like me...

Do you remember that one temp map when we chased each other with Bows and Arrows? OOH and with TnT? =3

*Cough*
Back on topic.
Do you play LoL Mr.Alchemist?
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top