» ..o_o
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 am by Faelar Laelither

» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

What Happened to the Uron'Gar tavern pre map save?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Happened to the Uron'Gar tavern pre map save?

Post by Joccaren on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Within Uron'Gar, several fences are missing from along sections of walkways, mainly the centre bridge and infront of the barracks. Normally, I'd think this a rollback issue with the save from the old map. I went down to the tavern, and the floor is mostly gone, the doors leading into it are gone, and a piece of Mycellium has been placed. I have ordered it to remain untouched until a mod can find out who did it, and why. More a notification and request for an investigation.
Thankyou for any assistance.

Edit: The Legacy has replaced the fences, tavern should be untouched.

Last edited by Joccaren on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: What Happened to the Uron'Gar tavern pre map save?

Post by Tengard on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, I checked it out and there was no result for anything messing with the doors or the floor. It may have happened before this save? I don't know.

But the mycelium was placed by Fae. That's all I know.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks for checking it out. Loaded up the map in SP, and checked the area. Area is broken there, so would have been uploaded with map save. What is confusing is that the way in which it is broken does not reflect and sort of building pattern at all, and appears more like griefing than anything else (There is no way anyone would build in such a way as it is broken). This implies that whatever was done to it was done before the map save, leading me to question exactly who caused this before the map save - seeing as it was complete before the time of the map save. I'm hoping we got whoever did it, or that there is a reasonable explanation that I am completely missing as to why it is like such.

Mycellium being Fae's makes little sense, as I was not on at the time, but that makes it of little consequence to the greater question of what Happened to the tavern. Its not on the old map, and I doubt he was doing it for anything but a good reason.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Jocc, the tavern was fire spread, as with the 'death machine' at spawn. When you loaded up the map, you had fire spread on, remember? :P

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 pm

But the mycelium was placed by Fae. That's all I know.

Correct. I plopped that on the floor after blaze and I were being silly and spawning pigs all over the place. Any incineration of property was not from us, though. An impulse of randomness, you could call it.

Firespread kinda sucks, but having it on will be really helpful for the second cataclysm- and make it more frantic and exciting in some situations.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:23 am

superscope1 wrote:Jocc, the tavern was fire spread, as with the 'death machine' at spawn. When you loaded up the map, you had fire spread on, remember? :P
Odd. Lava was surrounded by stone, so it SHOULDN'T have spread, but that's Minecraft's F***cked up fire for you. Same with the execution machine, which shouldn't have been on fire at all. Hate Notch sometimes, though at least I now know why it lit up. I love no firespread, though I agree with Fae it would be interesting for the second cataclysm.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:24 am

Odd. Lava was surrounded by stone, so it SHOULDN'T have spread, but that's Minecraft's F***cked up fire for you. Same with the execution machine, which shouldn't have been on fire at all. Hate Notch sometimes, though at least I now know why it lit up. I love no firespread, though I agree with Fae it would be interesting for the second cataclysm.

Well, I believe that lava can still ignite flammable materials up to a few blocks away.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Nether brick fences doesn't burn, though. Could be an idea to use them, just that ripping them from the Nether would take a while.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum