Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Second Cataclysm Defence.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Second Cataclysm Defence.

Post by Sealand on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Just saying Jocc, Uron'gar is going to have a hard time defending, because about 75% of the defenders are going to be trapped on their way inside. XD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:38 pm

That's really dependent on how tactics are used, and is a large part of the reasons for me wanting to brief people. Effectively used, the defences of Uron'Gar will provide absolute hell for invaders. The tunnels around the city can be used for Guerilla warfare to a great extent, and a combination of tactics, and co-ordination, with falling back at correct intervals, holding the line where it matters for a reasonable amount of time, and activating each defence at the proper moment - mobs will die instantly and Faelar (As whoever it is that may be leading the Uron'Gar invasion) will likely get pretty frustrated with the number of obstacles he has to get past. Of course, if used incorrectly the defences have the capability to destroy pretty much half the city/defenders by complete accident, and leave everyone in a bit of a sticky situation.
What the only worry would be for Uron'Gar if the defences are properly used would be blazes and ghasts, who could bypass some defences, and be annoying to kill if they went for a swim in the lava.
I'm hoping I get more time to be on, as it would be brilliant if everyone were to be properly coordinated in defence of the city, and terrible if they weren't.
Now, there are of course tactics that could be implemented that would look cool at the proper moment and be hilarious whilst also lagging us all to hell if done for presentation, and would also completely bypass some defences, but I am not going to say them as I want to have the defending advantage, and Faelar is more than capable of coming up with his own strategies, and because I know the cool presentation way wouldn't be done as it would lag us worse than all those blazes. For a grand total of about 10 seconds or so, but lag is really annoying and has been known to cause a delayed crash from my observations.
Eh, I might be on tomorrow hopefully. For now, I should sleep 'cause I got two tests tomorrow.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Sealand wrote:Just saying Jocc, Uron'gar is going to have a hard time defending, because about 75% of the defenders are going to be trapped on their way inside. XD

This. Have you ever seen the Cerberus Guard try to parkour? It's like trying to guide a headless chicken through an obstacle course for dogs.

EDIT: And yes, lag is certainly going to be a major issue during the invasion. Not sure how one would prepare for that, but it's something that certainly needs to be kept in mind.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:16 pm

As soon as I get back on Minecraft (computer's acting up, that's why i've been gone) I'm joining the Uron'Gar Guard and will be more than happy to help find arrows/etc.
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 pm

BlazeZeroThree wrote:This. Have you ever seen the Cerberus Guard try to parkour? It's like trying to guide a headless chicken through an obstacle course for dogs.
Yeah, I was talking about the two hole traps as you go through the entrance of Uron'gar. Half of the defenders are just going to go falling in there with the horde of zombies. A way to get past that might be to have a admin to move the warp inside, likely in the palace?

BlazeZeroThree wrote:EDIT: And yes, lag is certainly going to be a major issue during the invasion. Not sure how one would prepare for that, but it's something that certainly needs to be kept in mind.
Yes, I have a feeling lag will be Duskville's downfall, sadly. The regenerating wall will lag the hell out of anyone with a crappy computer, like me. And if it isn't on, wall go boom-boom.

As for preparing, it's all on the player's part. Getting something like Optifine, having lower settings than usual, making sure your computer running as best as it can, having no other programs open.

If it's any show in Risen, stuff happens fast. There will be lots of lag for everyone, especially when Scope covers the town in TNT with WE.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:21 am

Sealand wrote:A way to get past that might be to have a admin to move the warp inside, likely in the palace?

The whole reason they were made was TO STOP the invaders.
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:24 am

but the point of it IS TO STOP the invaders...

Invasion attempt one: *nobody can get over the pit, good guys and bad guys alike say, "screw it"*

Invasion attempt two: *Overlich takes matters into his own hands, flies over pit and into the defenseless city*
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 am

The pit at the bottom of the stairs? Oh, that was me XD
>Is reminded that it's technically helping the Overlich thanks to Fae's post.
Oh. Shit. You're all f****d :D
*Left click* *Right click* .//replace 1 10%97,90%1 .//replace 4 10%97:1,90%4

:D

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:55 am

sonicxs2 wrote:
Sealand wrote:A way to get past that might be to have a admin to move the warp inside, likely in the palace?

The whole reason they were made was TO STOP the invaders.

Well, they also help stop the defenders from getting in. If people don't go to Uron'gar earlier like Blaze and I, they won't know what hit them and Uron'gar loses someone to help out...

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 am

Its easy to get over that pit....just run straight ahead and don't jump.

If that helped at all than great... If not, I'M TRYING!

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:15 am

If I may make a suggestion for the defenses of Uron'gar... there should probably be some remote-controlled way to toggle the pit defenses on or off. That way, they won't be sucking up all the potential defenders while still managing to keep most of the baddies out.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:39 pm

........ Guys... Those pits... Are... EASY to jump over... EVERYONE falls in... Except me... You just sprint down the steps, then jump... Not too hard...

Also. Jocc, Cappy told me about the Defence Tactic and Strategy/Plans. I need to see you online sometime... Seriously...

And Blaze, I want an Avatar like that! :O :D It's so cool! Did you make it? If so, nice work! If you will make me one, talk to me online about it. :D
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Tengard wrote:Its easy to get over that pit....just run straight ahead and don't jump.

If that helped at all than great... If not, I'M TRYING!
Pretty much this. For any player character, the lag on the server allows you to run over the pitfall trap without it affecting you. No need to even jump, simply sprint past it.
That trap could be simply disabled need be, it is merely a means of buying a little time for everyone to prepare. Preferably should be left on, but if people find it too hard to get past, I'll just block it off. It shouldn't be this difficult though...
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Like I said, when some people don't have any clue what the defenses are, they fall in easily. Also sprinting can be interrupted by any mob, an arrow coming up from a skeleton in the pit would be really bad.

I'm not sure if this is going to be how it is for every city, but in the Risen invasion, people came AFTER the Overlich started attacking, not before.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Sealand wrote:Like I said, when some people don't have any clue what the defenses are, they fall in easily. Also sprinting can be interrupted by any mob, an arrow coming up from a skeleton in the pit would be really bad.

I'm not sure if this is going to be how it is for every city, but in the Risen invasion, people came AFTER the Overlich started attacking, not before.
For people not knowing the defences, that is half the reason I am holding tours of them. So that people do know them and can utilise them.
Arrows coming from skeletons in the pit wouldn't be a worry. Due to the lag that lets you sprint across it, the pit does not open until you are on the other side. I did notice that another pit was added though, but it is even easier to get past. As I said, I can block them off if people have too much trouble with them, but they aren't too hard to get past.
As for how the invasion will be held, Faelar stated that some would be the Sanctuary style battle, with the objectives in the city and the heroes rushing into the city to fight, and others would involve the Overlich's general pushing into the city from outside, with the defenders being inside the city. I believe Uron'Gar was a case of the second one.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 pm

As for how the invasion will be held, Faelar stated that some would be the Sanctuary style battle, with the objectives in the city and the heroes rushing into the city to fight, and others would involve the Overlich's general pushing into the city from outside, with the defenders being inside the city. I believe Uron'Gar was a case of the second one.

Confirmed.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Jocc. What time can you get online?... About 4:00 your time? In my time that's 6:00. I see you online at that time.. Occasionally But I also see you at about 12:00PM My time. 10:00AM your time, like the Risen Invasion.

Also, should we PM eachother about the main battle plans, traps, Tunnels etc.?
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Mazer_ wrote:Jocc. What time can you get online?... About 4:00 your time? In my time that's 6:00. I see you online at that time.. Occasionally But I also see you at about 12:00PM My time. 10:00AM your time, like the Risen Invasion.

Also, should we PM eachother about the main battle plans, traps, Tunnels etc.?
That is normally on weekends. On weekdays if you want to find me on, try 12:00am (Midnight) my time. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later.
And yes, once I'm done with about 50 PMs and forums responses and yadda yadda yadda in various forums, I'll get to doing that too.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum