Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

URHGAAUGH!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

URHGAAUGH!!!

Post by mimmyjambo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, goddamnit. My laptop looks like it's about to give up the ghost, as Khaddo's did, so I have been in the processes of:
A. Convincing my mum to pay the rest of the money for the parts for a new gaming PC (Done! WOOT!)
B. Backing up all my stuff (work in progress...)

Doesn't look like I'm going to be on the server at all until I get my new PC. MC is being an arse and this thing keeps turning itself off whenever it feels like it. Will still be on the forums as much as possible.

On the plus side, my new PC will be an AWESOMESAUCE GAMING MACHINE, which will cost just under £600, just above $900 USD. I will FINALLY be able to play MC properly, with HD texture packs (ooh... 512x512 suddenly seems so possible).

Speclist:
AMD 960T Black Edition 3.0GHz X4 (X6)
Kingston HyperX 16 GB 4X4GB Kit DDR3 1600MHz
LiteOn 22x DVD±RW
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 6Gb/s SATA-III
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB TWIN FROZR II
Creative Audigy SE 7.1 PCI OEM
ASUS M4A87TD ATX AM3
CIT 700W Black Edition PSU
Coolermaster Elite 430 case

Yes, before you ask, I am getting at least one extra fan for the case (it only comes with 1 front fan) And it's gonna have blue LEDs to match the case and the front case fan that it comes with =3

So, looking forward to this. Hopefully I will be able to get all my shit off this thing before it's too late. And hey, if it's not dead, maybe I'll be able to reformat it and use it for school work :D

Cya on the MC server soon, I hope! Providing Hurrdurrerpercraft sorts itself out, that is...
mimmyjambo
Regular

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: URHGAAUGH!!!

Post by Kairus on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm

mimmyjambo wrote:My laptop looks like it's about to give up the ghost, as Khaddo's did
What, it's motherboard is fried?
mimmyjambo wrote:this thing keeps turning itself off whenever it feels like it.
Facepalm, it is a simple software issue, no need for a new computer, a few windows updates and less unstable processes running would stop the crashing. If not then a re-install would.
*sigh*
At any rate, have fun with the new computer :P

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 am

Kairus wrote:
mimmyjambo wrote:My laptop looks like it's about to give up the ghost, as Khaddo's did
What, it's motherboard is fried?
No, I said give up the ghost, nothing about motherboards frying... I meant that it looks like my laptop is about to die, as Khaddo's did...
Kairus wrote:
Facepalm, it is a simple software issue, no need for a new computer, a few windows updates and less unstable processes running would stop the crashing. If not then a re-install would.
I'm not reinstalling Windows just to solve this problem, no way Jose. I hate this thing, it's about 4 years old, it's a pile of crap and it's practically useless when it works normally, anyway. My Windows is cracked so I tend to stay away from updates and I really don't care much for fixing this. If I do fix it, I might install XP or something on it, and use it for boring shit like school work.
Kairus wrote:*sigh*
At any rate, have fun with the new computer :P
I will :P
mimmyjambo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:25 am

Kairus wrote:
*sigh*
Well. if the whole computer shuts itself off it could be an Overclock problem, but I don't think they'd allow you to OC a laptop. Those things have enough heat issues as is.

Anyways, running MC with a high level texture pack is basics. Get the GLSL shaders mod and run SSAO, Dynamic Shadows, HDR, Glare, Crepuscular rays, Waving Wheat/Grass/Leaves, bumpmapping and a few brightness and saturation modifiers, and then we'll talk. The 560Ti can handle it. Just don't expect good framerates in what I now call my Lagotron map (Which almost killed itself due to me forgetting to downlock the CPU after toying around with it, but getting everything else back to its normal speeds. Crashed computer a few minutes later. Level.dat corrupted. Had backup level.dat. Thankfully all map data is stored in the regions folder)
Anyways, have fun with your new PC when you get it Reaver. Almost as good as mine.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:20 am

Joccaren wrote:Well. if the whole computer shuts itself off it could be an Overclock problem, but I don't think they'd allow you to OC a laptop. Those things have enough heat issues as is.
Not a chance :P
Joccaren wrote:Anyways, running MC with a high level texture pack is basics. Get the GLSL shaders mod and run SSAO, Dynamic Shadows, HDR, Glare, Crepuscular rays, Waving Wheat/Grass/Leaves, bumpmapping and a few brightness and saturation modifiers, and then we'll talk. The 560Ti can handle it.
SOMEBODY TELL ME, HOW ON EARTH DID I COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS?! Seriously, I used to follow the development of that kind of stuff on the MC forums... I kinda stopped and forgot about them all...
Joccaren wrote:Just don't expect good framerates in what I now call my Lagotron map
I wonder why you call it that... :P Well I suppose if it's THAT bad, I'll have a copy of MC for other servers/shits and giggles which I will detail mod the crap out of (with OptiFine, still :P) and then one that's "slightly" less crammed full of mods (still still with OptiFine :P) for this server XD
Joccaren wrote:Anyways, have fun with your new PC when you get it Reaver. Almost as good as mine.
Thanks, dude. What are your specs? :P
mimmyjambo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 am

mimmyjambo wrote:ghost,

*sobs uncontrollably*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 am

*sobs uncontrollably*

It's okay Sea, he didn't mean it.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 am

mimmyjambo wrote:
Joccaren wrote:Well. if the whole computer shuts itself off it could be an Overclock problem, but I don't think they'd allow you to OC a laptop. Those things have enough heat issues as is.
Not a chance :P
Hehe, didn't think so.
Joccaren wrote:Anyways, running MC with a high level texture pack is basics. Get the GLSL shaders mod and run SSAO, Dynamic Shadows, HDR, Glare, Crepuscular rays, Waving Wheat/Grass/Leaves, bumpmapping and a few brightness and saturation modifiers, and then we'll talk. The 560Ti can handle it.
SOMEBODY TELL ME, HOW ON EARTH DID I COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS?! Seriously, I used to follow the development of that kind of stuff on the MC forums... I kinda stopped and forgot about them all...
Probably 'cause they stopped updating for a while. There was a sort of dead period with them for a bit, but now they're back!
Joccaren wrote:Just don't expect good framerates in what I now call my Lagotron map
I wonder why you call it that... :P Well I suppose if it's THAT bad, I'll have a copy of MC for other servers/shits and giggles which I will detail mod the crap out of (with OptiFine, still :P) and then one that's "slightly" less crammed full of mods (still still with OptiFine :P) for this server XD
The main reason I call it my lagatron map is because it is my lagatron map. I believe it may have something to do with the game needing to calculate about 4000 individual dynamic shadows about 3 times a second. On normal maps I'll get about 80FPS, which is much better.
Joccaren wrote:Anyways, have fun with your new PC when you get it Reaver. Almost as good as mine.
Thanks, dude. What are your specs? :P[/quote]
i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz (OC, default clock 3.4)
12Gb DDR3 1600 RAM
2 X Nvidia GeForce 560Ti 2Gb in SLI (Sadly SLI don't work for Minecraft. Now where's that screaming Picard picture...)
P8P67 Motherboard.
H60 Liquid CPU cooling.

Other than that, the case and CD drives and HDs are the same ones I've been using for the last 10 years. Got 800Gb of Storage, so its not too bad, but I've got my 2Tb external backup for just incase (Already run Bioshock 2 off it for my laptop). I think I might upgrade my case soon though, get a HAF X or something. Starting to get some heat issues with 2 OCd graphics cards...
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Jeeeeeez!

At least I'll have more RAM than you :P
mimmyjambo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Hehe, yeah. Yours will probably run in Dual channel, whilst mines limited to single channel 'cause I'm using 3 sticks.
/me slaps self for not buying 4th stick.
Still, you're one GPU and an overclock behind me, which isn't bad. I know for certain you'd be able to play this max settings: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Hehe. Well at least the 1GB GTX560
Ti I'm getting is probably the best one out there :P
mimmyjambo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content