» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Game Over, Man, Game Over!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Over, Man, Game Over!

Post by Khaddo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 am

Hey guys, I have some bad news.

Yesterday, my computer decided to commit suicide. I am still in the mourning process, honestly; it had so much life left in it. I hope it is in a better place now....

Anyway, it looks like I am going to be without a computer for a few months. So I am going to miss all the first steps of our new map coming up. You guys seriously have no idea how devastated I am by this. I figure that it is going to take me about four months to save up enough money to buy a new computer. I am going to miss you guys a crap load =(
Khaddo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Over, Man, Game Over!

Post by Joccaren on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:12 am

:(
We'll miss you too Khaddo
And don't worry, yo may not miss the start of the new map if Derpercraft keeps at its current rate. We've still got to get through the final RPs for the old map before we move onto the new one, and both will require Derpercraft to stop being a herp.
I personally hope it won't take them four months to get working, and I also hope some incredible luck comes your way and it doesn't take 4 months for you to save up and buy a new one.
May I ask though, what exactly is broken in your computer? Odds are you may be able to spend a meagre $100 to buy a new version of that part, and replace it yourself. Hopefully.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:18 am

That sucks. I'll be sure to keep you a nice place in New Cerberus for when you do get back in action. That is assuming New Cerberus exists by the time you're back, at this rate I'm beginning to question how quickly we're going to get rolling once everything is fixed. Good luck out there in the real world while you're saving. I hear it's really scary!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 am

Khaddo wrote:Yesterday, my computer decided to commit suicide.

Yeah... "Suicide" ;D

Anyways, I'll miss having you around, Khaddo <3 Hope you win the lottery or some shit :P

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 am

Wheeind wrote:That sucks. I'll be sure to keep you a nice place in New Cerberus for you when you do get back in action. That is assuming New Cerberus exists by the time you're back, at this rate I'm beginning to question how quickly we're going to get rolling once everything is fixed. Good luck out there in the real world while you're saving. I hear it's really scary!
^ Scope. Do your job. Kthxbai.

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 am

Actually no Selector, he was just as right with his statement, you should stop being so meticulous, it just makes you look stupid.

On topic, that sucks :C But, at this rate, you will only miss temp maps :P

Last edited by Kairus on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 pm

^ Scope. Do your job. Kthxbai.

You mean the job that he is currently unable to do because Servercraft is having problem after problem after problem?

We hope to see you again soon, Khaddo.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Kairus wrote:Actually no Selector, he was just as right with his statement, you should stop being so meticulous, it just makes you look stupid.

On topic, that sucks :C But, at this rate, you will only miss temp maps :P
I was referring to scope being a grammar nazi.

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:47 pm

#Winning.

Sorry to hear Khaddo =s
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Kairus wrote:you should stop being so meticulous, it just makes you look stupid.

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleOintmentXD on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Bye Khaddo.

Was hoping I could get to know you better on the new map.

:[
BubbleOintmentXD
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Bye Khaddo,good luck out there !
I suppose you won't lose much since apparently derpercraft doesn't want to stop derping.
:C
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:58 pm

by Khaddo, gonna miss you :C

sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 pm

See you in a few months, Khaddo. Keep tough, buddy.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaddo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 am

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

As for what is wrong with my computer, my laptop overheated and fried the motherboard. Pretty sure I won't be able to fix that easy, hahaha.

I will be on the server when I can (ie. whenever I have access to a computer that can run minecraft), though I doubt it will be that often. Fortunately, I can at least frequent the forums regularly.
Khaddo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:00 am

Khaddo wrote:my laptop overheated and fried the motherboard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:28 am

Kai, I love you.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 am

I'm going to have to agree with Kai. A motherboard burning out is an easy fix. A Laptop Motherboard burning out and you're F***ed. Damn. And hell, those things usually cost as much to get repaired as to buy a new one :P
How much you looking at spending on one? Should see if we can find a cheaper version that's as good somewhere. Might mean less time saving money, more time on server (When Derpercraft evolves and stops using Derp)
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaddo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 am

Yeah, I figured that the motherboard burning out on a laptop is a lost cause. I am planning on getting an i7 with at least eight gigs of ram. Obviously, I am getting a desktop so I can make sure I have all the cooling up to snuff. There were a few computers on Newegg I have been looking at, but honestly I don't plan on spending less than 700. If I am going to buy a new computer, I want it to be somewhat beastly
Khaddo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 am

I never thought I'd say this but Damn Newegg is expensive. You got any local Computer Parts warehouses or such? They are generally much cheaper. Got my Mobo, CPU, RAM and Liquid CPU cooling for $300 as part of a deal.
Anyway, a good computer:
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131714
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130651

Should have you covered. 2500K is all you'll probably need for gaming, and can be OC'd well. If you're planning on doing some CPU intensive graphical rendering using 3D suites and programs designed like that, the 2600K would probably be a better investment, but for gaming the 2500K is good.
P8P67 I'll swear by as a good Mobo. Hasn't let me down so far, and its got an easy to use BIOS if you're not familiar with that sort of stuff, and a proper BIOS if you are. Its also got some nice overclocking tools that you could use on your 2500K.
RAM is usually RAM, don't have this exact model but the same speed and brand. Should do well.
Graphics card you've got a choice of that, or the 2Gb version of that IMO. Its a good card, and will net you over 60FPS [Unless you enter what I am now calling the lagotron due to the fact it divides my FPS by 3 when I'm there O.o] with all GLSL shaders running on Minecraft (Most people get 20 to 40FPS with this), and around 500FPS in Minecraft normally with a 256 TP. Also should run BF3 at about 40-50FPS. I got them in SLI so my BF3 runs at around 80.
Other than that, if you plan on OCing your CPU (Not that you'll need to, but it can be fun [Warning: You may destroy your CPU. Be careful with what you do {P8P67s OC programs haven't done anything wrong so far, but they don't get me to my max clock but eh.}] you'll want at least a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sends my idle CPU temp from whatever is normal (40-50 Celsius?) to 19 Celsius.
If you need a case, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] isn't bad.
Monitor you can just use your TV for, and hopefully shouldn't need a new one. If you already have a Desktop, things like a CD drive and such you'll be able to move over from one to the other, otherwise you're going to be looking at more money.
Have I ever mentioned how expensive NewEgg now is? Seriously, its prices are the same I'm getting here in Aus. That's not normal. If you can find a computer parts store near you, go there and see if they've got a better deal. Will probably be worth it.

If you want a budget PC, go ATI and AMD instead of Intel and Nvidia. Cheaper, sometimes more powerful, by a number of accounts also less stable at times. Good if you need a cheap CPU and GPU though.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:16 pm

I'll only add a little to Jocc's post, specifically his last point about ATI+AMD instead of Intel+NVIDIA: I recommend AMD+NVIDIA. That's what I'm getting, and that's what I had in my last system. Buying, say, an AM3, mobo and processor, will save you a lot of money, which you can then spend on a better GPU. I'm getting the AMD 960T Black Edition, which is 3GHz X 4 that can be safely overclocked to at least 3.5GHz. If you don't overclock, you can unlock another or even 2 more cores so you've got 5 or 6 X 3GHz. To go with that I'm getting an ASUS M4A87TD. GPU I'm getting is the NVIDIA GTX560 Ti 1GB, an MSI TWIN FROZR II.

Complete speclist:
AMD 960T Black Edition 3.0GHz X4 (X6)
Kingston HyperX 16 GB 4X4GB Kit DDR3 1600MHz
LiteOn 22x DVD±RW
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 6Gb/s SATA-III
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB TWIN FROZR II
Creative Audigy SE 7.1 PCI OEM
ASUS M4A87TD ATX AM3
CIT 700W Black Edition PSU
Coolermaster Elite 430 case

All that comes to £587.58, including delivery, which works out to $913.1 according to Dollars2Pounds.com
mimmyjambo
Regular

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaddo on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:35 am

Thanks for all the advice on what I should get for a computer, guys! Sounds like either way I am going to be saving up for awhile to get a computer, but now I have some idea as to what I really want. Hopefully I can just get more hours at work and I can cut the waiting time by a little bit. Still, it sucks that it happened when it did...
Khaddo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:23 am

Agreed, it is not fair sometimes.

Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:27 am

Yeah. I think the Christmas period of 2011 till now has been one big string of bad luck that I've been reading here. Common, end of the world is this Christmas, not last Christmas. Get your act together world. We still got a good 11 months of happy living left!
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 am

The.
World.
Will.
See.
and every year.
After.

[4:42:47 PM] Superscope1: Raptor, stop failed.
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum