» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

PlayStation Christmas Tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PlayStation Christmas Tree

Post by Oddwarf on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:58 pm

So I'm going to buy a PS3 after christmas, and all I can afford is two games. I'm thinking of buying Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption. Also thinking of getting Dead Rising: Off the Record, but I don't think I'll buy any more games until I'm done with the two I'll buy first, which obviously may take a while.

So. Do you guys have PS3, and which games do you like to play? I'm curious.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: PlayStation Christmas Tree

Post by Joccaren on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Nah, I don't do consoles. Its cheaper for me to upgrade my PC, and games are better on it anyways. Skyrim is a good game, but many users on the PS3 experience a problem 20 hours in where the game lags to hell, to the extent of being unplayable. Even after the patch that was supposed to fix this, and instead made dragons fly backwards, there are still numerous cases of this occurring.

Personally I'd go for the PS3 exclusives if you're interested in any of them, and hope that you get a good PC to play the non-exclusives on, if you don't already have one, and if you do get the games for that instead >:D.

IDK if the Guitar Hero games of anything like that is on the PS3. They were on the PS2, and reasonably fun there, so it might be worth looking into if you think you'll enjoy it. Just try playing 'Through the Fire and the Flames' on expert though. I dare you.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Joccaren wrote:ust try playing 'Through the Fire and the Flames' on expert though. I dare you.

^ Done this.
Eat it.

Also, I don't own a PS3.
I heard about this cool game called "Halo" though.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:50 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:I heard about this cool game called "Halo" though.
You mean that game my friends and I play most lunchtimes on the school computers? Love that game. Shame the anniversary edition was an Xbox exclusive. Meh, non-anniversary edition is good enough. One shooter that feels different and new, even years after it became old. Legendary (The one true difficulty. Love how it did more than just add more HP and damage to the enemies; it made them smarter too. Much more fun that way. And Cruel.)
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Retardation Dragons sounds cool. Would most likely spend 20 hours killing an elk because I haven't touched a PlayStation controller in 5 years.
(Retardation = Opposite of acceleration. Reduction of speed)
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Just a warning, the PS3 version of Skyrim is totally broken(impossible to play a character after ~30-50 hours) and in it's current state they don't know how to fix it properly. I'd recommend avoiding it for now even though it's a good game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaddo on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:18 pm

I have a PS3, and I personally suggest buying Skyrim. It's a great game, and though I have heard about a lot of problems regarding the ps3 version of Skyrim, I personally have yet to come across any problems. Red Dead Redemption is also an amazing game, but I personally couldn't have only two RPG's with no other sort of genre to compensate. If you are into mindless shooters, Boderlands is a fun game to play through once. Heavy Rain is also one of the best "games" I have played in a long time, despite the fact that it's really just an interactive movie.
Khaddo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Khaddo wrote:I have a PS3, and I personally suggest buying Skyrim. It's a great game, and though I have heard about a lot of problems regarding the ps3 version of Skyrim, I personally have yet to come across any problems.

It's hit or miss. It's mostly when your save file starts to get big, around 30 hours of doing quests is enough to make it unplayable if you're doing a lot of picking items up/killing people.

It is definitely a great game but without any fix in sight excluding them trying to patch it up to make it last longer by making save files smaller I'd recommend against getting PS3 Skyrim if it's at all possible for you.

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:24 am

*insert Xbox 360 fanboy comment here, most likely about the PS3 black out, or something*

It always sounds like Uncharted is the need-to-have series for the PS3. *shrugs* I've heard it's pretty much a Lara Croft game.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:43 am

Wheeind wrote:
Khaddo wrote:I have a PS3, and I personally suggest buying Skyrim. It's a great game, and though I have heard about a lot of problems regarding the ps3 version of Skyrim, I personally have yet to come across any problems.

It's hit or miss. It's mostly when your save file starts to get big, around 30 hours of doing quests is enough to make it unplayable if you're doing a lot of picking items up/killing people.

It is definitely a great game but without any fix in sight excluding them trying to patch it up to make it last longer by making save files smaller I'd recommend against getting PS3 Skyrim if it's at all possible for you.
Well, one thing is that I'm thinking of getting the 160 gigs PS3, also I heard they released a new PS3 patch for Skyrim yesterday or earlier today.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:18 am

Oddwarf wrote:
Wheeind wrote:

Well, one thing is that I'm thinking of getting the 160 gigs PS3, also I heard they released a new PS3 patch for Skyrim yesterday or earlier today.
Its not so much to do with the size of the file in comparison to the harddrive size, but the size of the file compared to RAM not being used. The files from memory was only a few Mb, but with Skyrim eating a lot of the PS3's 256Mb RAM (It has another 256Mb Dedicated to graphics, but that don't help a save file that isn't graphics), it starts to have problems. The same problem might occur in very low end PCs or might have occured on the 360, but the RAM in PCs is far higher, usually 2-4Gb Minimum, and the Xbox allows its 512 Mb RAM to be shared between graphics and normal as each needs it, not a firm allocated 256 to normal and 256 to graphics. That is one of the theories from a Fallout Developer or something. God knows what the problem is, but it needs fixing.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Red Dead Redemption = win
Don't know about Skyrim though,since there seem to be quite a few bugs with the PS3 version like Wind said.
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum