Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

New Map Mods

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Map Mods

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:18 pm

So, I'd like your ideas on what new mods we should bring in.
Just throw them out there;
Also, I'm going to install Mine Little Pony:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No you don't get a choice. Yes everyone will be a pony. Forever.

Seriously though, no, that mod can burn in hell, I'm not seriously installing it. If you got excited, you too can burn in hell. :D :D :D :D

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: New Map Mods

Post by Joccaren on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:26 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:
Seriously though, no, that mod can burn in hell, I'm not seriously installing it. If you got excited, you too can burn in hell. :D :D :D :D
A little harsh... But THANK GOD. Personally a lot of the mods I have at the back of my mind but am too busy concentrating on other things ATM to bring up will likely involve some custom modding by Kairus or someone to get some of the mechanics of the server running a bit smoother, but I may take a look online a bit later... After I'm done with the expanding of the new map previews. Hopefully will be done tonight... Writing a PM now...
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm glad you're joking, because I would quit and burn all of my writing if you were serious about installing it.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Would probably be good to get a mod to return to the old food system for RP battles and maybe the mod could be toggleable so that outside of rp battles it's the new food system and in rp events the old one (maybe even remove stackability in order for people not to come to a fight with 64 cooked porkchops bringing them nearly infinite health and making the bosses under powered)

Would probably need some work from our resident trollus-Kairus to make that possible, I'm thinking he'll probably be busy for a while XD
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:

*dreams crushed*

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Installed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:47 pm

/me hugs Kairus
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:28 pm

A mod that makes it impossible for Endermen to grief blocks that already have been placed by players. If it exists.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamchris27 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm

I nearly rage quit on the spot - though I find it hilarious somebody seriously went to the effort of creating such a mod...
Iamchris27

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Iamchris27 wrote:I nearly rage quit on the spot - though I find it hilarious somebody seriously went to the effort of creating such a mod...

are you saying that ponies aren't worth even a few hours of your life? *pulls out shotgun*
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamchris27 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 pm

sonicxs2 wrote:
Iamchris27 wrote:I nearly rage quit on the spot - though I find it hilarious somebody seriously went to the effort of creating such a mod...

are you saying that ponies aren't worth even a few hours of your life? *pulls out shotgun*

I'm saying that ponies have already wasted what few minutes of my life they have already claimed without my permission and I need not say that they ought not to dare wasting any more of my time. Nuf' said. :)

Edit: On Topic: Silly little suggestion, but coloured text on signs are always cool. (assuming this is not already implemented, I wouldn't know)
Iamchris27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:14 am

I thought it was already created... if not, then I'll make it..

Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 am

MANY have been created, Kai. However, I find it to be a useless mod, however, it may be useful in RP somehow. Faelar?

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:06 am

superscope1 wrote:MANY have been created, Kai. However, I find it to be a useless mod, however, it may be useful in RP somehow. Faelar?

Well, I don't really need it. There are already plenty of ways to type special text.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:21 am

Lagg-ninja wrote:
Would probably be good to get a mod to return to the old food system for RP battles and maybe the mod could be toggleable so that outside of rp battles it's the new food system and in rp events the old one (maybe even remove stackability in order for people not to come to a fight with 64 cooked porkchops bringing them nearly infinite health and making the bosses under powered)
YESSS. When 1.8 came out, I said that I didn't like the new food system as it kind of screws up RP events, eg. You can restore health really quick and instantly anymore, and if a boss is versing about 3+ heroes... The boss'd go down quick IMO. That's my input. But I also don't have any mods I'd really like. Although I do like the slope mod. It was shown with the Dokucraft or Gerudoku pack I think, probably Gerudoku, but we'd all have to install it right?
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:32 am

Mazer_ wrote:Lagg-ninja wrote:
YESSS. When 1.8 came out, I said that I didn't like the new food system as it kind of screws up RP events, eg. You can restore health really quick and instantly anymore, and if a boss is versing about 3+ heroes... The boss'd go down quick IMO. That's my input. But I also don't have any mods I'd really like. Although I do like the slope mod. It was shown with the Dokucraft or Gerudoku pack I think, probably Gerudoku, but we'd all have to install it right?
Are you both retarded? If you want to "pretend" it's the old system, use an insta-health splash potion and aim it at your feet... Seriously... Creeper

On Topic: I thought scope hacked your account when I saw the ponies Frazz.

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 am

Are you both retarded? If you want to "pretend" it's the old system, use an insta-health splash potion and aim it at your feet... Seriously...

Try to be less of an asshat. I show no mercy to those that call others "retarded", among other things.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:41 pm

superscope1 wrote:MANY have been created
Yea, that is what I figured.

Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:56 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:

I was reading this and was like
"If he installs this I'm SO out of here"
YOU GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK

OH
For the old food system, administrating a prison has its bonuses?
You want a plugin called FastFood, also if we wanted to use World Guard I know how :D
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Mazer_ wrote:
Lagg-ninja wrote:
Mazer, why didn't you quote Nigeki? o_O

Anyway, I have to agree with Selector (except the retarded part). The new food system will be great for dungeons, just maybe not hordes of zombies during invasions. But I believe Faelar can compensate for it. As for bosses, it's not like you had stacks of food and could just eat them back to back. 3+ heroes should have been able to kill a boss almost as instantly, did we? Hell no we didn't, because Fae knew how to spice things up.

What we lost in our ability to fight loads of enemies at once, we gained in endurance to face even more enemies over a time.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:43 pm

now that I think about it perhaps instead of changing the food system using potions could be the way to go, healing potions might be able to compensate for slow healing of the new food system
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by spiffzombie on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 am

We should get the the tomes mod when it comes out for Multiplayer.

The tomes mode can be used for Rp, recording sales for a store, and keepin other records.

The Xp book can also be useful.

spiffzombie
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Spiff, I suggested a plugin a while back that does the same thing. Doesn't add a new book item, it IS just a plugin. Might be a better choice because it doesn't mean the user has to download anything. However, I do personally prefer the Tomes mod without bearing in mind that it's a mod.

What do you guys think? I don't mind either way =3
mimmyjambo
Regular

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:25 am

I would probably be able to write a lot of important things with functioning books. The first thing I'd do is set up a monster manual.

Last edited by Faelar Laelither on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:46 am

I'd love to see functioning books :3
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content