Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Skyrim

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Skyrim

Post by Wheeind on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

All of the daedric princes have been in all of the main TES games since Daggerfall. Sheogorath being back isn't a big deal.

And multiple characters through the series have lived for a very long time thanks to magic so that's a possibility for M'aiq. The year cycle is pretty much like earth's which is probably to make it easier on the devs.
All of the alphabets(excluding the ones that are intentionally unfinished) present in the game are easy to translate because of this type of thing too.

I'm not aware of khajiit age being mentioned anywhere, it's probably safe to assume they die around the same age a human would.

With all of that being said M'aiq is a classic character that isn't meant to be taken very seriously at all. He's just there to be amusing and mock the game/address popular feature requests and I don't really think his age is something that has been thought out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:32 am

I'm playing a Warrior Nord, didn't feel like going fancy.
Raising my Marksman/acrobatics/blocking as I always do.

[4:42:47 PM] Superscope1: Raptor, stop failed.
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 am

I... AM... DOVAHKIIN!!!!!
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:26 am

Bondy195 wrote:I... AM... DOVAHKIIN!!!!!

Funny
I named my character that >.>
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Wheeind wrote:All of the daedric princes have been in all of the main TES games since Daggerfall. Sheogorath being back isn't a big deal.

Except that Sheo is you from Oblivion in this game.

My character is a Nord Warrior too, mostly using swords and shields. Sometimes using a bow. Wears light armor to be swift, and is also a good smith. Honestly, I wanted to do a mage/swordsman character like I know Blaze is doing, but I just can't do it. I'm too used to Oblivion and blocking, so whenever I see someone attacking me I'm like 'I NEED 2 BLOCK AND THAT WILL STUN HIM, THEN I CAN ATTACK *rinse and repeat*', but even in this game it's fun as hell to do. Especially with the kill animation. <3

As for Miaq, the first time I saw him he said something like 'Miaq's father was named Miaq, as well as Miaq's father's father'

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:41 am

I ended up making a second character for the dark brotherhood/thieves guild..DB quest line is pretty short, I did it in 6 hours or so. So now I have two characters at around level 20. Not sure if I'm going to tackle the main quest with either of them.

And sneak is totally broken in Skyrim, with all of the +% better sneaking items in the game you can be good enough to stand in front of someone and pickpocket them by level 5. I've just stopped using +% sneak/pickpocket items and potions to make it less silly.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 am

Wheeind wrote:And sneak is totally broken in Skyrim, with all of the +% better sneaking items in the game you can be good enough to stand in front of someone and pickpocket them by level 5. I've just stopped using +% sneak/pickpocket items and potions to make it less silly.
From what I've heard there was a problem like that with invisibility potions in Oblivion. Mods will fix the difficulty soon enough though, after all the stupid naked ones get made...
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 am

Not sure about invisibility in OB but in Skyrim you can sit in front of someone in broad daylight and pickpocket them without even maxing out your sneak. Without the broken equipment/potions/whatever you choose to use it's actually a really good sneak system but the items really break things. Same can be said for +% enchanting/smith potions and items. You can make gear far better than you should have access to without much of an investment.

So basically +% skill items are broken.

Oh and so far I've done the DB, Thieves guild and the College of Winterhold guild quest lines. I won't spoil anything but the college quest line sucked. In fact it was the worst guild quest line in series unless the companions thing(the fighter's guild equivalent) somehow manages to be worse. Thieves guild and DB were both good. I've enjoyed the thieves guild quests the most since Morrowind in terms of just having fun doing some awesome quests and the Skyrim TG didn't disappoint at all. Probably the best one yet even if it wasn't nearly as long as the Morrowind quest line.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Oblivion had a thing where you could enchant your apparel to have 100% Chameleon, which was basically invisibility. It was weird, 'Invisibility' was all timed spells and potions while Chameleon was able to be enchanted to armor. 100% allowed you to walk around unseen, because you are 100% invisible.

Speaking of % items. Does anyone else have Amulet's of Talos stuck on them?

As for The Companions, I honestly can say none of the faction quests really impress me. So far all I've done is go around and kill people from The Companions enemy faction.

Anyone know how far a level you can go? I want it to be unlimited like Oblivion was, but by the achievements it looks like it could be at level 50. It'd suck if it were limited and we weren't able to do every level up to 100.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 am

The cap is around 70-80 depending on how you build your character.
Nope the amulet of talos isn't stuck on me. I used it on my mage early on without any issues.

And I knew about the chameleon thing, that's really a different case though since the +% items are easy to find and that took a lot of effort to do. As another comparison you could be invincible to everything but arrows in Oblivion but it wasn't practical..in Skyrim thanks to +% items you can be nearly invincible to all forms of damage with a couple hours of grinding alchemy/enchanting/smithing. Really not sure what they were thinking when they made +130% smithing potions exist.

And half way through the companions quests with a warrior I quickly made it's..alright I guess. Not as good as the DB or TG, not sure how they managed to make the "bad" quest lines so much better than the good alternatives.

The side quests in Skyrim are pretty great though, far beyond Oblivion.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm a nord with a badass steel greatsword. f*** yeah. I smash up with it. >:D I'm just sort of wandering around on my character... I'm not really focusing on the main quest much... I will though, soon. I'm just gonna wander/explore a bit first. Also, the Skyrim player ownable houses are WAY better than the ones in Oblivion. I like Breezehome in Whiterun, I might live in Markarth or Windhelm though. :D I don't use magic that much, nor bows. I do occasionally though, we I need it.
Also, I'd be interested to know what starting faction you chose? As in, who you went with to escape, I went with Ralof. The epic nordic axeman. Did any of you go with Hadvar? Or Havdar, can't remember.
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 am

I went with Ralof mainly on the point that I didnt really feel like siding with the people who wanted to slice my face off!

But after having an epic showdown with Alduin I went off and pledged my allegience to Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak and kicked those b*sterd Imperials right out of skyrim! :D

Right now im keeping to the shadows as I plot to !!!!!SPOILER ALLERT!!!!! Assassinate the Emporer!
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:29 am

Just got skyrim but i may have shouted a graybeard off the side of the throat of the world :P
not good but lols
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:40 am

Mazer_ wrote:I'm a nord with a badass steel greatsword. f*** yeah. I smash up with it. >:D I'm just sort of wandering around on my character... I'm not really focusing on the main quest much... I will though, soon. I'm just gonna wander/explore a bit first. Also, the Skyrim player ownable houses are WAY better than the ones in Oblivion. I like Breezehome in Whiterun, I might live in Markarth or Windhelm though. :D I don't use magic that much, nor bows. I do occasionally though, we I need it.
Also, I'd be interested to know what starting faction you chose? As in, who you went with to escape, I went with Ralof. The epic nordic axeman. Did any of you go with Hadvar? Or Havdar, can't remember.

I went with Hadvar,
Spoiler:

You run into some stormcloaks underground, and pussy out to a hill above Rivendell or whatever it is then you get free reign. It's pretty neat he shows you around the place (from the top of the hill down)
chipset3363 wrote:i may have shouted a graybeard off the side of the throat of the world :P
not good but lols
LOL
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 am

I went with Ralof, and I'm siding with neither. One is the douche that was going to kill me, the other controls an army of racists.

'Sides, I'm the frickin' Dragonborn. Technically I should be king seeing as those with dragon blood are.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:03 am

I've chosen the same thing as Sea. Not for the same reasons though, I'm just very neutral towards both sides. I'll eventually do the quests for each to see how they are but for my main 3 characters I have no plans for touching it.

Oh and I beat the MQ..it's extremely short and uneventful. :(

I think they must have spent too much time on the repeatable quests system and not enough time making the actual stories good because every quest line seems to be somewhere between bad and alright and have a bunch of repeatable gold farming quests with unnamed NPC's..

The base game is good though. I look forward to where mods can take the game and there's a lot of interesting lore-related things to be found even in the bad quest lines(I'm looking at you College of Winterhold.....)

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:38 am

I'm looking forward to Morrowblivyrim or whatever they decide to call it - adding Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim. Haven't actually looked up if anyone is doing this yet, but I'm betting someone will be - or will be planning to. It was done for Oblivion, and it would be awesome to be able to go to all those places in the one game.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Sealand wrote:and I'm siding with neither. One is the douche that was going to kill me, the other controls an army of racists.
=
This.
>see random
>talk
>"going to join the stormcloaks"
>kill them
>"not anymore"
and the imperials are a bunch of abusive b-tards
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down