Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Skyrim

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyrim

Post by Bondy195 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:59 am

I was beginning to wander where the hell this was so I decided to start the topic myself! :D

Skyrim... do I need to say any more?
The answer is F*CK YESSSS ITS GONNA BE EPIC!!!!

I just cant wait for this game! Arriving on my doorstep in 10 days it will be epic!
I just cant wait to delve into the deepest dungeons with my Huge sword and smash some Draugr ass!
I just cant wait to spend about an hour creating a badass character and then put a helmet on to cover my face!
I just cant wait to KILL A F*CKING DRAGON!!!!!

Every once in a while you get a game thats gonna be special... this year... Skyrim is that game!

What do you guys think about this game? Will you be travelling to skyrim this month?
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Re: Skyrim

Post by Squii on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:14 am

I'm "getting" it as soon as i can.
This game is going to be awesome,i'd have pre-ordered it if i had the money.
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 am

Yeah, I'll preorder it off online sometime in the next week. Should take 5 days of Shipping, so I'll probably get it around the 16th. Hopefully they put some effort into improving PC graphics options considering it was, of course, made for consoles. Don't get me wrong, Gameplay first, but I want to see HD scenic Vistas in the best possible way, not with IMO Low res console textures and bad lighting because consoles can't handle it. And the control scheme better not be suited towards consoles on the PC version either.

Yeah, a bit paranoid, but its the 'It will be an easy port' comment made by one of the Dev's that's got me worried. There is a lot of work in actually porting a game for cross platform, not just making it work with a keyboard and mouse instead of a controller.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:05 am

From the (few released) videos I've seen, it looks absolutely amazing, and I'm pretty sure it'll be money well spent from my pre-order several months ago. My only hope for the game is that it'll run with decent stability on my laptop.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:28 pm

BlazeZeroThree wrote:My only hope for the game is that it'll run with decent stability on my laptop.

They released the system requirements here if you havnt seen them already! It has been noted by many people that they are surprisingly low! :D
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Bondy195 wrote:
BlazeZeroThree wrote:My only hope for the game is that it'll run with decent stability on my laptop.

They released the system requirements here if you havnt seen them already! It has been noted by many people that they are surprisingly low! :D
Yes, only a core 2Duo @ 2.00 Ghz or AMD equivilent, 2Gb RAM and what I'm guessing qualifies as any graphics card made in the last 6 years are required to run it, on minimum.
For Recommended settings: Quad Core Processor, 4Gb RAM, or a GTX 260 or higher (Or ATI equivilent).

Yet another reason I am worried about how good it will look compared to full PC titles: Low system reqs...

/me slaps self.
Stop worrying. Just hope...
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:21 pm

The console version gameplay has amazing looking graphics and Todd Howard says that the pc version looks even better! Maybe the low system requirements is just because technology these days allows us to make smaller compressions!
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:25 am

Bondy195 wrote:The console version gameplay has amazing looking graphics and Todd Howard says that the pc version looks even better! Maybe the low system requirements is just because technology these days allows us to make smaller compressions!

Whether the graphics are amazing is up to dispute. Maybe BF3 on max settings has put my standards too high...

And don't worry about the improving settings and such, this will run on a 9800GTX, a 6 year old card. That doesn't happen through engine optimisation...

/me slaps self again
Stop being a pesimist!
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:18 am

By stability, I really do just mean I'm hoping it won't be riddled with bugs and crashes; I'm confident my laptop has at least the power of a console. Now, I'm not all that worried about how good the graphics look, as I don't really mind how good the graphics in a game are so long as the gameplay is good.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamchris27 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 am

I'm going to be buying this for PS3, so no porting issues for me.
My Laptop is a piece of crap anyway and I can barely run MC on short render distance (at about 15 fps if i'm lucky, no graphics card ftw).

Also, I find that if I get the PC version I will be far too distracted by mods, bugs etc. like I was with Morrowind.

With the PS3 version I feel it will be a lot better since I will just be playing the game for what it is, without worrying about performance issues and mods. Sitting in front of a tv with a controller feels like a more laid-back approach in my experience.

As for the graphics, as long as they're smooth and don't look out of place sometimes I'm all good. I have no doubt they will be better than Oblivion and that's all I'm asking.
Iamchris27

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 am

Hehe, I like the mods. They get me to actually replay the game, cause whilst TES games are good, they have a lot of problems without mods. Balance, Difficulty, bugs, a whole lot that mods fix up for me. I always play through on vanilla the first time though, just to see how the Devs did at making the game.
Personally sitting in front of a TV with a controller acts as an exercise in testing my patience, as it needs to be as accurate and sensitive as a mouse for me to like it, and I hate family members standing behind me complaining that they want to watch TV...
I like smooth graphics, but I also like HD textures, good lighting engines, good effects, good all round everything, and after seeing what BF3 has pulled off, my standards have been raised even further. My eyes actually start to hurt looking at console graphics they appear that bad to me. Never thought I'd be the one to be complaining about bad graphics, but I guess this is what happens when you see what games could be like if made for the PC...

/me slaps self
For the last time stop complaining!
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 pm

OMG... YESSSSSS SKYRIM :D YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :DDDDDD Well... when it gets released... I'll be ditching Oblivion and moving on to Skyrim! :DDD I'll still play Oblivion... cause I <333 Oblivion! :D I'm pre-ordering it. :D
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:09 am

I have pre-ordered it! :P

I also think its time to stop talking about whether it will run on our computers or whether we will be playing on a console because of this and start getting into detail of what we're looking forward to doing in skyrim.

That after all is the main reason I started this topic, I wanted to talk about skyrim :D
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:33 am

I'mma prolly be and Argonian like in Oblivion! :DDD Or maybe a Dark Elf like in Morrowind... Meh well. I'll just see which race looks the coolest. :P Maybe I should go for a warrior or a mage instead of a Thief and/or Assassin. :P I look for to it! :D
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 pm

I always went warrior mage in oblivion because the archery damage just sucked! But in this one it seames they solved this problem and on top of it added some badass animation so I think I will give archery a go in this game! :D

I am most likely to choose one of the human races for my first character because I always like my first character to fit in with the main culture of the game! But after my first playthrough or maybe even halfway if I get a little bored of the same character (unlikely with this game) I will make either an elf or a Khajit (cant spell it) because they look badass in skyrim instead of like high/stoned lions!!! :D
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Carnt wait :D
It's going to be epic
Im going to be a nord or imperial
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamchris27 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Bondy195 wrote: But after my first playthrough or maybe even halfway if I get a little bored of the same character (unlikely with this game) I will make either an elf or a Khajit (cant spell it) because they look badass in skyrim instead of like high/stoned lions!!! :D

Khajiit* are epic, my first character will be a Khajiit with the name Dar'Shan. Dar = thief, clever in TES lore and as it turns out (totally random) darshan means 'sight' or 'vision of the divines' in Sanskrit which is quite fitting.
Also: Their lore heavily involves being, practically, stoners. Most Khajiit have an addiction to Moon sugar (skooma), but I do agree they will be a lot better in Skyrim :D

Assassin Khajiit all the way ;)
Iamchris27

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm

my first character will be a Khajiit with the name Dar'Shan.

Make sure you reserve that name as soon as possible.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:01 am

I write now to inform that there are now only 7 days left until this epic moment!
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 am

F*CK. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! GAHHHHHHHHH GYAHHHHHHH AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!(This is not a cry of sadness/disappointment, but of EXCITMENT, HAPPINESS... AND JOYYYYYY GYAHHHHHHHHHHH :DDDDDDDDDDD) YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY GRAHHHHHHHHH GAHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH YYYYYAAAAGGGGGGHHH. W000000000000000oooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooOOO00000000000TTTTT111111!!!!!!!!!!1111111!1!1!!!!!!!1111111 :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
(Good old "GYAHHHH" from my Corrupted Falgor days. :DDDD xD It was. Y war cry, and it still is. :D =3)
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:48 am

Mazer... if that was replying to 7 days... well I have something I must say... are you ready for this because this will blow your mind... this is gonna be so amazing that your head will explode in exitement... you fingers will tingle and twiddle about without your doing... you will have dare I say it... a nerdgasm... ready?... ready?... 3 days / 1 hour / 11 minutes / 42 seconds! :D
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 am

Bondy195 wrote:Mazer... if that was replying to 7 days... well I have something I must say... are you ready for this because this will blow your mind... this is gonna be so amazing that your head will explode in exitement... you fingers will tingle and twiddle about without your doing... you will have dare I say it... a nerdgasm... ready?... ready?... 3 days / 1 hour / 11 minutes / 42 seconds! :D
Less then that for me here in Aus, its only about 2 days 11hours 9 minutes away! The one good thing for gaming living here, if it has a worldwide release with a set date (I.E, the 11th), WE GET IT FIRST (Except New Zealand. Damn you Mazer...)
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondy195 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:03 am

I have an awesome story written by me which is probably the worst story you will ever hear! :D

MAGICNESS-----------------These two things fall into the same category but
AWESOMENESS------------have no relevance to my story so why did you read this?

You wake up in the woods wandering what happened. You look around to find your sword broken in half at your side, how did that happen? Who or What were you fighting?

As you wander out of the woods to see your just ouside Whiterun your home town in Skyrim you get very very confused. You walk up to the gate and ask to be let in by the guard at the gate and he happily accepts as you are aferall the one and only last best hope of Skyrim!

You walk through the streets and notice that a lot of people are turning and laughing at you, why could this be? You walk into the tavern as you believe this is the most likely place you could be told about whats going on.
You then walk up to the bartender to find that you had not been in a fight with anyone or anything last night but that you had just gotten very drunk (as you do) and then snapped your sword whilst thinking you were strong enough to break a stone wall with it.
And then got really pissed off and had a naughty temper tantrum and then stormed off into the woods done a pee and gone to sleep and in the process greatly humiliated yourself!

I dont know why thats blue?
Bondy195

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 am

Pre-ordered Skyrim for $40, legally too.
However I won't be playing it till the end of next week. (Exam week).

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum