» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Can we haz the old map back?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we haz the old map back?

Post by Andy7320 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Dunno bout you guys, but, I AM BORED OF THE CHALLENGE MAP, can we haz the old one back asap, as it aint got all that much time yet and i like it more :D

Who is with me?
Andy7320

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we haz the old map back?

Post by Joccaren on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Permissions are broken, so no. If they were fixed, it might be a more reasonable request, but Frazz is busy moving house and does not have a lot of time to fix it at the moment - that is why we moved to this challenge map.

I personally don't mind the challenge maps - except for the stupid size they have. Seriously, I have to run until my food bar is long gone to be able to get from spawn to the 4th intersection - even with the path cut directly to it.

We are also quite close to finishing the monument now. We just need diamonds, which I MIGHT know where to get, some gold which again I MIGHT know where to get, purple wool, blue wool, and another wool, then we are done.

Either way, the map ain't coming back until permissions is fixed at the very least. Until 1.0 comes out, I'm working mostly on my SSP projects anyway. Damn MC computers aren't easy to make, nor is a massive Rapture-esque underwater city...

And if you want to spend time on the old map, it is downloadable, and I am about to upload it to be mapped (1GB upload as opposed to the 4GB upload it would take me to upload my own mapping of the map. Seriously, this thing is huge...
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Joccaren wrote:a massive Rapture-esque underwater city...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MY IDEAZ! ehh, you will probably bake it better than me anyway :P
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 pm

sonicxs2 wrote:
Joccaren wrote:a massive Rapture-esque underwater city...

MY IDEAZ! ehh, you will probably bake it better than me anyway :P
LOL. It has already been done by another team who actually made Rapture, I was impressed. Rather than trying to do that, I'm just making mine look and feel somewhat like Rapture. I originally did a pathetic version of this on my first SSP world... Yeah, lets not go there. Suffice to say, that entire place would fit into one building in my new one.

Here's a tip, in case you hadn't figured it out: building above water then flooding the area helps. A LOT.

Edit: If you want to see some progress on it:
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum