» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Operation Etheria [RP Signups]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Operation Etheria [RP Signups]

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:50 pm

In a world where magic fights alongside technology, where starships cross paths with airships, where utopia seems to be in our grasp... you find yourself valiantly risking your life to defend the humble Solarian town of Etheria, one of the last bastions of ancient arcane culture in the known galaxy. But as you fight against the terrorist forces of the Modernization Union, you will soon discover there is much more to the galaxy just underneath the utopian surface...

This is my attempt at starting up a text-RP for the good people of our server. For those of you who're unfamiliar with text RP, it's basically just what we do on our server, except... done in text. This means I as the GM provide descriptions of actions, create consequences and locations, and so forth. All your actions are to be reasonable and done in text as well. For those of you familiar with text RPs or roleplaying in general, I will point out that I am not using a concrete damage system or random rolls to determine outcomes. In fact, I generally outline my RPs with vague plans and checkpoints, and essentially improvise everything in between, so I apologize for whatever inconsistencies or plot holes arise.

This RP won't take place in the Minecraft server's chat, mainly because of how much it'd crowd out regular chat and the restrictive character limit. Because of this, I will be hosting the RP over IRC, which is essentially a lightweight chat room system. For those of you unfamiliar with IRC, I will help guide you through the steps necessary to access the server and room information I will be eventually disclosing to accepted players.

If you wish to join, I will be happy to take your Bio as your character. To apply, simply state that you wish to join the RP and post a link to your Bio. Alternatively, you may fill out a simple character sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Equipment:

IMPORTANT NOTES:
The RP sessions will most likely take place from 7-12PM PST on days when I feel capable of GM'ing. I realize this is very vague, so I will be posting expected times in this thread on the day or prior to the RP sessions. I would still encourage idling in chat so I can highlight your name in IRC to catch your attention when the sessions start. I can make do with progressing the RP with not-everyone-present, though I would prefer not to.
Please roleplay responsibly. It's not much fun if you act out-of-character, or decide to cast magic nuke.
If you have any questions on the universe, broad or specific, I will be happy to answer.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Operation Etheria [RP Signups]

Post by Wheeind on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:54 pm

I'd try to participate but I couldn't be around for the first half of your time range most days of the week. Good luck. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 am

I could parpticipate but to do those times it would have to be on a weekend for me.

Bio web address:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chip
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 am

I'll try to be online... But I really can't promise anything, I think I'll use Falgor- WAIT... IDEA... Nvm. Is it alright if I made a Solarian character though? As in, on here, if I was Chat-RPing, and I wanted to change the character?

Bio Link; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Scroll down the page and you'll find it, Not the first one, the second one. The first one is a bad copy, could an admin delete that? Note: I removed the bio in that post and put that it was a bad copy, and to delete it please).

Thanks.
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:18 am

Wheeind wrote:I'd try to participate but I couldn't be around for the first half of your time range most days of the week. Good luck. :)
This.
D:
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:20 am

Hm... well considering it starts at midnight for me... i probobly wont be able to get on at all :(
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Levok on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:04 am

I would love to participate!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Levok
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:34 am

I'll probably create a Bio and participate soonish, when I'm not quite as busy.
--> Leaves this post here for news
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:09 am

I am thinking about having the RP happening sometime this weekend. It will possibly be between 10AM to 10PM on the weekend days; I will try to be more specific when I send out the confirmations to those I've accepted.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:31 am

Okay. I just worked out 7-12PM PST time into my timezone's time. Turns out it's around 3AM... I definitely won't be participating. XD Sorry, I would've really liked to do so though.
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I will try to participate. I can't promise anything.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] First bio- but maybe not bio #1.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Che Ken on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:20 am

I have done something like this before on a forum, and just 3 of us have managed to rack up about 5000 posts in under a year. (In our 4th book :D)

However there's slight variations to this one you are suggesting:

1. It's pokemon
2. There's no need to be online all the time
3. You can have multiple characters (3 people doing a forum based rpg would be rubbish with just one character per person!)
4. There's no such thing as a GM however there are cetain boundaries.

I can link you to it if you would like and you can read through it. There's romance, battles, evil, good, total mentality, random events that make no sense, powers that break the fabric of reality and some fun loving guys over there that know how to rp!

As far as using an IRC at a specific time goes, I wouldn't be able to participate :(
Che Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:30 am

Worked it out and found out it'll be 10PM-12AM EST.

Edited because I thought it'd be rather awkward to have Richards in a time/place where he really shouldn't be. :P

Name: Kain
Species: Solarian
Appearance: Kain is tall, even for a Solarian. And has long black hair and dark eyes.
Personality: He is naive, inexperience, and hot-headed.
Equipment: Basic pistol and assault rifle.

Last edited by Sealand on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 am

Sealand wrote:Worked it out and found out it'll be 10PM-12AM EST.

Should be fine for me as long as it's a weekend, and since everyone else is using their bios: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] One up from Levok's.

oh, well it ends at midnight my time, starts at my bedtime... D:
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgement_weasel on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:18 am

This looks like fun, I'd be happy to join. Hopefully my schedule would agree..
Name: Tychus Lynch
Species: Human
Appearance: Looks somewhat like a 250 lbs, 6"1 tower of muscle. His face is known for it's stern look, and soldier-like expression. (Looks like a standard Warhammer 40k Ultramarine)
Personality: Tychus is an angry, stubborn, hate filled man, not the sort that she be trained to be a killer.
Equipment: Tychus' heavy suit of power armour and assault rifle almost never leave him.

Judgement_weasel
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:22 am

Judgement_weasel wrote:Tychus Bio
Has someone been playing a lot of SC2 lately?

Anyway, time is... 5 to 10 am for me. I probably won't be up that early, I'm usually not up before 2pm on Holidays >.>
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum