» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Assembling a team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assembling a team

Post by Joccaren on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Ok, due to the large amounts of help I have received in the last couple of days towards my projects, I may be able to finish them in time IF, I have a team to help me. Unfortunately, a lot of this will be somewhat hard to do without showing you the designs, which I can't do because they are drawn and I have no scanner. However, I am on holidays as of this Friday and thus should HOPEFULLY be able to be on for 10+ hours a day (unless my parents take the whole "Its holidays, you do housework now" path...), meaning I will likely be able to be on to show everyone what to do.

There are a few main jobs that will need to be done:
1. Diggy Diggy Hole. Big, Big Hole.
2. Smelt a LOT of glass and a LOT of stone. I am estimating a double chest or two will be required for glass, and probably more for stone.
3. Courier lava around. A LOT of lava (Yeah, I have my fun). Preferably someone coordinated who won't lose all the buckets.
4. Placing a lot of cobble and a lot of glass
5. Helping me with some semi-complex redstone wiring (Complex mostly because I want to keep it compact. I could probably do this myself, but two minds are better than one)
6. Landscaping. Someone who can build some landscapes for me. Nothing too complex, mostly just a grassy plain and maybe a lake or two. Oh, and glowstone trees

Those are the main jobs. The two projects that need doing are the underground one, starting with the deep roads and ending in what originally was going to be the first adventure in Joccaren's story arc (Dungeon approved by Fae). For this, I will get people to dig it out, I will construct the actual place myself, but the digging will take ages.
The second project is my above ground one. Exactly what it is I will try to keep a secret for a while longer, but it is becoming more and more obvious over time. It will require the placement of immense amounts of cobblestone, wiring that needs to be compact and able to do a lot, landscaping, a lot of Stone slabs and glass, and this is only for the central part, which is all I have built of it atm. I will build more of it once the main outlay of the central part is complete, and the Novalith cannon within is built (And Hopefully tested. Please Frazz :D Please :D).

Anyone who is interested in helping me in any capacity, please let me know. A lot of the tools and resources you will require will be supplied for you, and I will split all of my iron and gold amongst those who help (And diamonds if I have any left over after making tools). In addition, any resources you find whilst helping me that are not directly a part of the project are yours to keep, however I will request that diamonds go towards tools to help finish the projects, but I will not enforce it.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling a team

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Joccaren wrote: (And Hopefully tested. Please Frazz :D Please :D)

Of course, Jocc. :P

*shifty eyes*
If you like, or are running out of time, I could help you with some of the more boring, laborious tasks using certain, god-given powers.
For example, conjuring lava out of thin air.
I also understand if you want to do it all by hand.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:38 pm

I would like to help wire up your, wait, i can't say what it is...

I want job 5
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

TheFrazzledKid wrote:
Joccaren wrote: (And Hopefully tested. Please Frazz :D Please :D)

Of course, Jocc. :P

*shifty eyes*
If you like, or are running out of time, I could help you with some of the more boring, laborious tasks using certain, god-given powers.
For example, conjuring lava out of thin air.
I also understand if you want to do it all by hand.

Thanks Frazz, though you may not like how much TNT I'll be using...

I'll try to do as much of it as I can by hand, but if I start running short on time such help would be much appreciated. It is once again my goal to get this finished before the server crosses over, so if we start cutting it a bit close that help would be great.

@Sonic: This will mostly start near the end of the project, however I just remembered another rather complex bit of wiring I will be requiring even later then the rest, but you may want to start making prototypes for now. I'll send you a message soon.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:51 pm

k

/me prays we can get something amazing done before the map reset
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Porkchop on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:06 pm

I could help do parts of everything :P
You can choose my job for me in this if you like.

Sir_Porkchop

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:46 am

I would help, however, I have exams starting tomorrow! O.o

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:47 am

I will help after 4-5 i gess tommrow
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 am

I can help from 8am-noon your time Mon-Fri and I SHOULD be off work on weekends to do it as well :P

I'm honestly fine with any job. I'm not the best with redstone, so I suggest you get Blaze, Z, Kai, or someone like that to do it though, they seem like they all know what they're doing :P

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 am

Well, thanks for the help everyone.

Sonic, that is my plan. Get these things finished and have them as something awesome. Dependent on Fae's plans for the second cataclysm, we mey even get to see the above ground project in action.

Pork, I need help with everything :P. Since I'm not going to be on for another 6 or 7 hours (School), I'd start by getting a lot of glass and stone.

Kai, dependent on what you're wanting to help with, there may be time (The redstone wiring will be done as one of the last things, seeing as the constructions that will house it will have to be finished first), besides, theres over a month until the map change (I think).

Hehe, cool Chip, were you going to start by digging or building?

Scope, I am at school from 8 till noon, but I have holidays coming up soon so I'll be on all day and all night :D.

With this help, I may just be able to get these two things done in time. I'll be on later to start giving directions. See you guys after school.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by cavetrekkr on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:19 am

I love landscaping. I can help in that area when I'm on, which is usually after 9pm Pacific time.
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:17 am

I WANT THE LAVA COURIERING JOB!!!! PL0X PL0X PL0X :DDDDDD YOU KNOW YOU CAN TWUST ME!! :D

P.S. I just got loads of buckets from scope! :D 1 iron for 1! :D FANKS SCOPE :D
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:49 am

Cave, that would be great. I'll talk to you when I next see you on.

Mazer, I had a feeling you were going to say that. You should know where the lava needs to go. A hint if you don't: In some really long tunnels. I'd probably recommend getting it from somewhere obscure and safe, as most of what I've found atm is above me (And I don't want to dig up and have to rebuild the walls when I can just make it a feature of that part of the roads) and the nether is literally on fire at the moment (Ghast hunting hehehe)
There should be any number of tunnels in explored areas that hae a lot of lava still, and if you can't find one, dig down to height 10 and dig straight for a while. You WILL hit one.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 am

I know where it needs to go before. :P Your just checking though, it's fine. Also I know a few places to get the lava(Only threat is slimes. XD). I'll use them.
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 am

Mazer_ wrote:I just got loads of buckets from scope! :D 1 iron for 1! :D FANKS SCOPE :D

I lol'd.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Did you now?
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down