Re: Mojang leaks 1.8 for download

Post by SpartanCoin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 am

hmmm idk how to use hamachi that much but ill try
SpartanCoin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:43 am

Well, I'll be loading this on my laptop, and playing the normal version on my PC. Lets see if this 1.8 is actually THAT amazing...
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanCoin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 am

half of 1.8 actually, this is pre-release. theres no pigmen and a few things are missing, but overall great.

ps- look out for silverfish when mining stone
SpartanCoin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:36 am

Yeah, I know that this is only half. That has been known for weeks. Silverfish I have not encountered, yet I have found two endermen and they died within 3 seconds. Notch apparently sucks at combat. The food system is... interesting. Mines (not mineshafts, actually large mines) are an interesting twist to natural caverns, though that is basically all that they are (Though I did like the addition of spider spawners between some of the wooden supports surrounded by cobwebs [which I hate]).

Terrain is... odd but at the same time somewhat more realistic. I have yet t find a large landmass or a sea deeper than 2 blocks, though the sunken forests and mountains with pine trees on them are quite nice.

I still don't think its that much to get uber exited over, but it is quite interesting at the least. (I am also curious as to what ender pearls do. Googling now...

Edit: Apparently they do nothing, and I was in a swamp Biome, which means that I have not even hit an ocean yet. What I am now interested in is why there is so much sand in a swamp that is nowhere near an ocean...
Further Edit: Apparently that was a Mineshaft, and they are not the 1x1 tunnels down I had been led to suspect from another post somewhere else, and those spider spawners surrounded in webs are blue spider spawners. I have not yet encountered a blue spider as far as I know, yet they seem to look the exact same as normal spiders.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanCoin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:13 pm

they have a blue shade on their backs and are much much smaller. plus have you tried growing the melons and pumpkins?

the ravines are nice, i like the idea and the minecart tracks are a bit odd. NPC villages look nice.

Endermen are sucky at combat because notch still hasnt finished. He tweaking them a bit now before the final release. glass panels are awesome.
SpartanCoin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 pm

I haven't found any ravines, other than the one that led from the suface down to the mineshaft (Which is where the minetracks are). Yeah, I've grown melons and pumpkins, was that meant to be anything special?
NPC villages look nice, but I don't think I'm going to do anything but kill them, and glass panes are what I have been waiting for for a long time. Also, Silverfish only appear when you dig Stronghold stone, not any stone.
Still, not really that impressed. As I said, its interesting, but that's about it.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanCoin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:56 pm

lol that was a ravine :P blue spiders seem to be smart, normally mobs would jump into lava to get to you. these spiders just sit there staring until you move to a place they can get to you without lava. theres a bug in Singleplayer where game crashes everytime you use furnace. Also on multiplayer, blaze and Scope blew up the first NPC village they saw with TnT XD. and yes i knew silverfish only appear in Strongholds just couldnt be bothered editing my post. Ex system will seem interesting, because later on you can spend it to increase stuff like jump height, dont know how thats going to affect things since someone will be able to jump 5 blocks high soon after that.
SpartanCoin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:51 pm

I just love the fact that i can kill animals with one shot from my bow now :D
and even though their combat sucks, the endermen are very scary with the lighting on moody at night
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:54 pm

superscope1 wrote:Someone join my hamachi
ScopesTerraria
pass: longcatislong

I'm bored on my 1.8 server =3
I get the following error: "This network appears to be full."
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:59 pm

SpartanCoin wrote:lol that was a ravine :P blue spiders seem to be smart, normally mobs would jump into lava to get to you. these spiders just sit there staring until you move to a place they can get to you without lava. theres a bug in Singleplayer where game crashes everytime you use furnace. Also on multiplayer, blaze and Scope blew up the first NPC village they saw with TnT XD. and yes i knew silverfish only appear in Strongholds just couldnt be bothered editing my post. Ex system will seem interesting, because later on you can spend it to increase stuff like jump height, dont know how thats going to affect things since someone will be able to jump 5 blocks high soon after that.

What was a ravine? The entrance to the Mineshaft? Yes, I knew that, I even stated that. The Mineshaft itself? Sorry, not a ravine. Its an actual terrain feature in itself, Ravines can cut through mineshafts, but mineshafts are not inherently ravines. Also, love the floating Minecart tracks in the air at the end of one of the shafts that were floating mid air about 10 blocks above an ocean of lava. Ride minetrack, gets to not yet finished minetrack, falls off end into lava. Such an awesome moment (Although I didn't have a minecart to do such D:)

Also, mobs were always that smart, at least for me. I have never had a mob jumo into lava to get to me, or jump down a cliff or anything. If anything, I find these mobs dumber, three spiders consecutively tried to jump over the ravine to get to me. I guess they would have made it had I not hit them whilst they were mid air, but it was still a pretty stupid move to make. I have also used furnaces and not crashed so... Wha?
And I will be copying Scope very soon, just as soon as I find that village, though I may use a cannon to do such (I love mah guns...)

@Oddwarf: Thats probably because its full, Scope keeps it on a 4 player limit from memory
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanCoin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:15 pm

hmmmm well the minecart thing is def a bug, theres a whole list of them on minecraft wiki. the furnace thing is also a bug, but happens 90% of the time, so i guess you were lucky :P and lol yes i would blow the towns up aswell since they are empty:P another bug, if you place toch underwater, it reacts normally but the light remains and endermen are non-hostile in multiplayer
SpartanCoin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:53 pm

SpartanCoin wrote:hmmmm well the minecart thing is def a bug, theres a whole list of them on minecraft wiki. the furnace thing is also a bug, but happens 90% of the time, so i guess you were lucky :P and lol yes i would blow the towns up aswell since they are empty:P another bug, if you place toch underwater, it reacts normally but the light remains and endermen are non-hostile in multiplayer
I don't think the Minecart thing is a bug, I think it is meant to be that way (You know all those movies where the minetrack ends over a large chasm? I think Notch wanted to have things like that occur).
And I must be very lucky, cause after using it about 20 times I still haven't had a problem. As for torches underwater: SPAM THEM NOW, GET THE WATER LIT AND HOPE IT ISN'T FIXED WHEN THE TORCH GLITCH IS FIXED.
Even if they weren't empty, I'd blow up the NPC villages, I don't want any settlements or semi-sentient creatures other than myself and my own in the world, and those villagers would look mighty tasty cooked...
Endermen really need a massive bonus o their power. They don't even get a chance to attack me, they are just dead in less than 2 seconds to my iron sword. Their not that scary when their this easy to beat...
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Joccaren wrote:
I still don't think its that much to get uber exited over, but it is quite interesting at the least. (I am also curious as to what ender pearls do. Googling now...
I quote from Minecraft Wiki:
'When a player is carrying an Ender Pearl, the distance from which Endermen will become aggressive when stared at will be halved, making it somewhat easier to approach them.'

So makes it a bit easier to walk around at night for ya.

@Odd - Scope probably went to bed, so he wouldn't leave the server on.
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Sealand wrote:
Joccaren wrote:
I quote from Minecraft Wiki:
'When a player is carrying an Ender Pearl, the distance from which Endermen will become aggressive when stared at will be halved, making it somewhat easier to approach them.'

So makes it a bit easier to walk around at night for ya.

@Odd - Scope probably went to bed, so he wouldn't leave the server on.
Oh right... Timezones...
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Oddwarf wrote:Oh right... Timezones...
Yeah, those exist :P

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:19 pm

SpartanCoin wrote:Also on multiplayer, Blaze,Squii and Scope blew up the first NPC village they saw with TnT XD.
Fix'd.
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Squii, I also built a giant Rainbow Dash pixel art.

Hold on, getting a picture.

EDIT:
Rainbow Dash
Hate Detected; Firing Orbital Friendship Cannon
(I imported the world to SSP, Blaze, so that I wouldn't mess up ours =3

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down