Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Sanctuary's end: Open discussion

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Sanctuary go boomboom in a spectacular ghast attack?

63% 63% 
[ 10 ]
37% 37% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 16

Sanctuary's end: Open discussion

Post by Faelar Laelither on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:45 am

As members of our society have probably noticed, the town of Sanctuary has sort of died. Sanctuary has diminished in population and activity, And it's owner, Joshparker, has been forced to become inactive.

Sanctuary was originally meant to have a good amount of lore attached to it, but because the idea has sort of crumbled, I am petitioning the idea of improvising- having Sanctuary destroyed by a horde of ghasts summoned by the Overlich through usage of the Ghast Grimoire, what was supposed to be hidden deep below the city.

However, Joshparker is inactive and unable to be contacted, so I need the opinion of the rest of the community- what should be done? Should sanctuary go boomboom?

I will also add in a poll to record opinions.

Another note: respective owners of buildings may, of course, collect their valuables first if we decide to.

Last edited by Faelar Laelither on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary's end: Open discussion

Post by zpallin on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 am

Sanctuary could easily be destroyed and small encampment in its ruins would be wise. Although I began as a citizen of Sanctuary and enjoyed it thoroughly, it seems that it is sad to leave it in pristine condition as a ghost city without the leaders to be around to do anything about it.
zpallin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 am

what will happen of the admin shop?
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:14 am

Lagg-ninja wrote:what will happen of the admin shop?

I'll relocate it. Easy.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 am

joshparker gets on about 3 times a week. Try and have Joccaren or someone like that contact him and tell him to come to the forums. Just because he's on a totally dead time zone and doesn't have much time to play doesn't mean he's totally inactive.

As for the town..I don't particularly care. The whole RP site thing makes me think it should stay though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 am

I'd contact him if I could, unfortunately I'm never on when he is (Last time he was on I was at work) and have no idea of his other contact details.

As for the destruction of Sanctuary, maybe not complete and total destruction. It could have Sanctuary be attacked by ghasts from the Overlich, and maybe something could be done to add the Ghast Grimoire's destruction or something in. After that, we could say that Sanctuary was badly damaged during the attack, and has closed its gates for repairs.

Let most of the damage be done by Ghasts, and maybe some by other means to put small holes in some defensive positions i.e: Towers, but leave most of it semi-ok. That way, if Josh ever does come back, it shouldn't be TOO hard for him to repair, and we have a reason for it to come back to the map if such is so wanted (It finished its repairs).

Should be interesting to fight a lot of ghasts, I love those damn things.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:21 am

As for the destruction of Sanctuary, maybe not complete and total destruction. It could have Sanctuary be attacked by ghasts from the Overlich, and maybe something could be done to add the Ghast Grimoire's destruction or something in. After that, we could say that Sanctuary was badly damaged during the attack, and has closed its gates for repairs.

The Ghast Grimoire intends to be permanently at the Overlich's disposal until much, much later.

A possible attack- but not complete destruction- of the town followed by the deletion of the warp might be an option.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:58 am

Well Dethane is ex-mayor as of recently... As him for his opinion if you can't find Josh?

I like what you guys are already discussing though :D

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 am

If we let out ghasts, they blow up the city, all is fine, exactly how we planned. But then we have ghasts on the loose(OH S***) and they will blow up more then we wanted.
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 am

Mazer, admins have /butcher which kills everything around them.
Good times with /butcher on my old server.....
/spawnmob wolf 100 /butcher 100 =3

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:35 am

If Sanctuary really needs to go boomboom,we should at least do an epic event instead of it just being raped by ghasts.
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:36 am

superscope1 wrote:As him for his opinion if you can't find Josh?
Fae already asked him on Skype. He said it was Josh's decision.

Mazer_ wrote:and they will blow up more then we wanted.
Closest thing to Sanctuary is Risen, the cobblestone tower, and even then it'll likely be 'evacuated'

As to it's destruction. I was not around during it's rising, and I've never seen it too active during my time on the server (reaching 3 months). Only time it has been active is during casual or event raids. So I honestly can say I don't care about it, not trying to be rude...

Also, we wanted some crack down on towns. This is a good way to get rid of the inactive ghost towns the server has.

Squii wrote:If Sanctuary really needs to go boomboom,we should at least do an epic event instead of it just being raped by ghasts.

It probably will be an event...
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 am

Squii wrote:If Sanctuary really needs to go boomboom,we should at least do an epic event instead of it just being raped by ghasts.

You kidding? A town being raped by ghasts IS an epic event!

But yeah, there will likely be more to it.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirien on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:03 am

Faelar Laelither wrote:
You kidding? A town being raped by ghasts IS an epic event!

But yeah, there will likely be more to it.

^

I want.
Hopefully it will occur when im online.
Tirien

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 am

eh, i dunno. If we ever do change map, i want to blow up every town, and one more town to blow up would be... more fun!
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dethane on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:05 am

Hold on guys, I have emotional attachment to Sanctuary, and I don't want to see it raped. I'm not an ex-mayor of Sanctuary either, I'm still a Head Mayor there. The only people saying they don't care about Sanctuary, and want it to blow up are people who never lived there. I've had some great times, and the people who actually lived there know how great of a town it is/was
Dethane
Regular

http://confluxofemotions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zpallin on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am

Dethane wrote:The only people saying they don't care about Sanctuary, and want it to blow up are people who never lived there.

Actually, that's not true. I support doing something with it more than doing nothing with it even if it blowing sanctuary up.
zpallin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:08 am

If sanctuary gets blown up then someone should at least take screenshots or make a video flying around it first to show how it was in it's prime (For that we'd need frazz to turn on flying) And well if it's ghasts then we could also record the destruction.

If such is done I volunteer to record how it looks before it goes kaboom and I won't do commentary so nobody has to hear my annoying voice
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 am

Dethane wrote:Hold on guys, I have emotional attachment to Sanctuary, and I don't want to see it raped. I'm not an ex-mayor of Sanctuary either, I'm still a Head Mayor there. The only people saying they don't care about Sanctuary, and want it to blow up are people who never lived there. I've had some great times, and the people who actually lived there know how great of a town it is/was

Hence why I suggested partial destruction only. The whole town doesn't need to be levelled, it would feel like quite a waste if it was, however I think at least one town needs to be majorly invaded, and not just walk of without a scratch (except for maybe one or two houses that were likely going to be demolished anyway). Sanctuary is an RP town, and has been used rarely as of late. Some broken parts of some walls and towers, cratered ground, and some fires around would make it look like a major invasion had happened (And it would have) without being TOO hard to rebuild.

Sanctuary is/was a great town, I actually joined the server just as it started getting used less so I don't have as many memories of it, but I have always felt at peace there. However, Sanctuary is currently 'dead' as such. An RP event would bring some attention back to it, give it some more back story, and if done right, allow for it to remain on the server and maybe re-open its gates later when people are ready to use it again.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 am

I voted yes to make it a tie, 5 all.
Helpful.

But I do think you should get Josh's opinion, or at least wait a week, and if he still hasn't shown, ghast attack.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 pm

AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDD We have a new Great Canyon coming to the dawn of time!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Kairus wrote:AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDD We have a new Great Canyon coming to the dawn of time!

hooray!
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:42 pm

I still maintain that we should not totally destroy Sanctuary. Aside from easy repairs if need be, it is usually more interesting to walk through ruins than it is to walk through a crater. Who knows, the heroes may need to go to the ruins of Sanctuary for some reason in the future, and the RUINS of a town made to PROTECT the world from evil would be kind of eerie to go through.

Also, we should have an absolutely epic fight for this. Try and arrange it so that as many people as is possible are on, give Sanctuary a great last stand. Everyone can fight until they fall, no warping to get food and such. Once you fall, you have 'retreated' from the battle, and once all the heroes have 'retreated', Sanctuary has fallen. See how long we can last and hold a fortress city.
Yeah, it will probably lag a fair bit, but if we do it it would be an absolutely awesome event (PLEASE LET ME BE ON FOR IT)
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Joccaren wrote:I still maintain that we should not totally destroy Sanctuary. Aside from easy repairs if need be, it is usually more interesting to walk through ruins than it is to walk through a crater. Who knows, the heroes may need to go to the ruins of Sanctuary for some reason in the future, and the RUINS of a town made to PROTECT the world from evil would be kind of eerie to go through.

Also, we should have an absolutely epic fight for this. Try and arrange it so that as many people as is possible are on, give Sanctuary a great last stand. Everyone can fight until they fall, no warping to get food and such. Once you fall, you have 'retreated' from the battle, and once all the heroes have 'retreated', Sanctuary has fallen. See how long we can last and hold a fortress city.
Yeah, it will probably lag a fair bit, but if we do it it would be an absolutely awesome event (PLEASE LET ME BE ON FOR IT)

I have ideas planned. Also, because of Sanctuary's partial cobblestone composition, complete destruction is impossible through ghasts.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_lord_pi on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 am

As long as the railroad is kept, I would love to see it burn.

fire_lord_pi
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum