» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Stories, tales, and adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stories, tales, and adventures

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 am

It was quiet and gloomy in the server waiting room- a very dark, large, hollowed out cube that the dawn of time community has been deposited into while their world was being repaired. Many individuals stumbled about in the dark, until Wind took out a block of netherrack and lit it with fire, allowing everyone to see.

Everyone gathered around the fire, some people setting down blocks to lean against or sit upon. The rest of the area around them was bland and lacking of interesting features. Heroes and villains alike found themselves feeling bored.

"There's nothing to do, here. how long will we be staying here?" Watch asked. He was not addressing anyone in particular, but rather asking anyone who could answer.

"Patience, Watch. All good things to those who wait," Faelar replied calmly, stating a phrase that he seemed to mention a number of times.

There was a silence that unsettled the normally active members of the community.

"Faelar..You're a good storyteller. Tell us a story." Temir said.

"A story, hmm? There are all sorts of stories I could tell." Faelar replied. "I have been to many places, and seen many things. What story would you prefer?"

There was some discussion amongst his comrades. "Well, you've said that Kali'naj was once defeated by a group of heroes, right?" Bubbles asked. "What were these heroes like?"

Faelar seemed a bit amused by this question, and he leaned back in his chair. "I'll be honest, bubbles- they were a bit of an odd bunch. They were relatively good people, but most of them had several..quirks to them."

"Tell us," Aaron said. "We're listening."

"Allright, then." Faelar replied, and sat up, glancing at each of his friends, acquaintences, and other people he was less than familiar with, and began the story. "Originally, there were four heroes. The first hero was Lovingston Mcluvin, a human fighter with impressive skill. He was a tad vain, and was a bit obsessed with his hair."

"Sounds like he was a bit conceited." Ukisar said from where he sat.

"He wasn't that bad," Faelar said. "He was a very skilled combatant, and he often cleaved through several enemies at once with a flaming greatsword. A deadly foe indeed."

"Who else was there?" Temir asked.

"The second hero was a strange one," Faelar said, as he seemed to raise his brow in remembrance of how odd the person was. "A half orc named Glazgru- of course, he called himself, 'Galazgru of the Spider Clan'. The reason for this was because of the fact that he wore an upside-down, iridescent blue spider corpse on top of his head like a crown."

Faelar couldn't help but smile in amusement at the reactions of the people around him, but continued.

"Back up a minute," Bubble suddenly spoke up. "Half-orcs?"

"Yes- half human and half orc, essentially. Once in a blue moon that sort of crossbreeding occured for..various reasons." Faelar replied. "I'm not sure you fellows have encountered many orcs, but I'm sure you've at least heard of them..Anyways, Galazgru seemed to have a special hobby- he loved to skin the various creatures he killed and made them into all sorts of things. He'd often have them magically enchanted later- He even made it so the the legs of his crown continued to twitch!"

A couple of individuals seemed to look a bit nautious, and Faelar got the message.

"The third hero was..a bit irritating to deal with, honestly. His name was Tom Merrilen- a human bard. He was rather..obnoxious in behavior at times. His comrades occasionally found his sanity to be..questionable."

"I bet he was insane." The man who referred to himself as 'Milner' said. "...WIDOWS PEAK!"

There was a few seconds of silence, and Faelar continued his story.

"Yes, well..The fourth hero was a human monk who eventually joined them named Todd Korhop. Honestly, there wasn't anything quirky about him, though he may have made the greatest sacrifice amongst his party members."

"What happened?" Temir asked.

"Well, that leads up to an important part of the story. At the time, Tom Merrilen was dead. During their first encounter with Kali'naj, Tom irritated him with his nonsensical behavior, and the Overlich used a deadly spell of sorts- according to witnesses, tentacles of pure shadow surged out of the ground, grabbed Tom, and dragged him into the earth and out of sight. Kali'naj later turned him into an undead minion."

Various members of the dawn of time community shuddered.

"The heroes continued their quest, however, traveling to a frigid continent west of Ravenah- a place I believe I told you all about- to the lands of Star'khad. In Star'khad, the heroes would find their old friend, as well as something else they needed from a terrible creature said to live in the land. They met the 5th hero- a dwarf paladin known as Valderag, who happened to be a friend of mine. The team had trouble dealing with his attitude, but he was able to stay for a time. The land they were in was constantly in a dark, chilly blizzard, but the heroes were able to combat the harsh weather. Eventually, they found their way to a cave, where a terrible creature known as a Remorhaz awaited them."

"A remorhaz? What's that?" Aaron asked.

"Imagine a massive, centipede-like creature, with a crest a bit like a cobras', and glowing constantly with fierce heat." Faelar explained. "They live in arctic environments- Bubbles may or may not have heard of them, I have no idea if they exist in your world or not."

"The heroes fought the creature, but Todd struggled during the fight- whenever he struck the creature with his fists, the heat of the creature would burn him painfully. Eventually, the remorhaz swallowed the monk whole, and he burned to death in the creatures digestic system- it was, unfortunately, too late for him."

Once again, a multitude of individuals shuddered at the idea.

"In the end, the undead Tom Merrilen was killed, and we were able to restore him to life." Faelar concluded. "Of course, I can tell more of their tales in the future. It depends on what you guys think- but for now, that is all you need to know about the first heroes to defeat the Overlich- even if it was a temporary defeat."
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Stories, tales, and adventures

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Sun May 15, 2011 10:15 am

Faelar Laelither wrote:Mcluvin

You have no idea, how pissed I am now...

Anyway, that was a very
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[4:42:47 PM] Superscope1: Raptor, stop failed.
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 am

ReceptiveRaptor wrote:
Faelar Laelither wrote:Mcluvin

You have no idea, how pissed I am now...

Anyway, that was a very
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(it was the players idea at the time. They wanted the characters last name to be Mcluvin.)
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddy987 on Sun May 15, 2011 11:31 am

When was the server back up momentarily?

Awww, i wanted to see the server's waiting room D:
Eddy987
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun May 15, 2011 11:35 am

The server waiting room was just an idea. It doesn't really exist.

Imagine a dark, unimpressive box.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Sun May 15, 2011 1:03 pm

boring.. when do we get to blow things up
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_lord_pi on Sun May 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Man, i love DnD, i just started a new campaign with noobs who never played before (im dm as always). Btw thanks for including milner. You're a very good story teller.

fire_lord_pi
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 am

fire_lord_pi wrote:Man, i love DnD, i just started a new campaign with noobs who never played before (im dm as always). Btw thanks for including milner. You're a very good story teller.

Thank you, I try to be. I wanted to include him while trying to make sure he acted according to his character.

boring.. when do we get to blow things up

Stop whining.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zpallin on Mon May 16, 2011 2:15 am

The robot known as Z had waited quietly in the back without moving. Z's robotic motions were characterized by his stiffness when focused. Z sat like a boy with his knee joints tucked underneath. Z's lenses did not shift from Faelar as he gave his story and someone who did not know would easily have mistaken him for being asleep. But at the end of the story, the robot barked in a monotone chatter that sounded like a smooth male's voice with stuttering robotic pronunciations.

"Faelar, sir. There is a remorhaz still living in Ravenah."

Z remained silent afterward.
zpallin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Mon May 16, 2011 2:17 am

Faelar glanced at Zpallin with confusion. "Z, how would you know that? Ravenah is in another world entirely..Not to mention that the continent of Ravenah is a bit too dry and warm for a Remorhaz to inhabit. I am beginning to think, however, that you're keeping a secret or two from me."

"Now that I think about it, you haven't told us much about Ravenah, except that it's part of your homeworld and that your people moved there a few years ago," Bubble said. "Perhaps you could tell us more?"

"Hmm..allright," Faelar replied with a nod, "Ravenah is a continent that has divided up into three sections- the northwestern, northeastern, and southwestern portions. The northwestern portion of the continent, where my people now live, is a lively environment of lush forests and valleys. The southwestern portion is a dry, warm desert. The Northeastern section of the continent is a forsaken wasteland of craggy red rock, where the orcs moved in pursuit of us- it was also where they mutated and obtained a blood reddish skin."

There was a bit of confusion. "Why did that happen?" Temir asked.

"Well, my people have done some research about the lands of Ravenah, and we've actually discovered that the continent was where Deities made quite a big experiment," Faelar replied. "Countless years ago, a group of gods decided to make an experiment, and gave a massive continent to four demi-gods that each took on a different form. One took on the form of a ghostly, predatory feline, and kept the northwestern part of the continent, giving it life and creating forests both mundane and magical. The second took on the form of a colossal bird with crimson feathers, and he kept the southwestern portion of the land. He seemed content with how the land was, and kept it as a large desert."

"The next part of the story is where it gets more interesting," Faelar continued. "The third took on the form of a stone colossus, and he ruled the craggy northeastern region. Lastly, there was a fourth- a massive creature that called itself the Hydra king. A hydra, for those who are not familiar, is a large, almost dragonlike creature, with several heads attatched to long, snakelike necks. He ruled the southeastern portion of the continent, which...is no longer there."

"How can an entire continent vanish? What powers could do such a thing?" Ukisar asked curiously.

"Well, supposedly the stone colossus and the hydra king had a dispute of sorts over the boundaries of their lands," Faelar explained, "and engaged in an intense battle. In the end, the colossus Had thrown a massive boulder at the hydra king to finish him off, and as the demi-god crashed into the earth, his section of the continent sunk into the sea with him. The colossus was gravely wounded by the battle, however, and he fell dead in his lands, bleeding all over his section of the continent and turning the craggy wasteland into a deep, unnatural red."

"Now that the wars against the orc clans are over in my homeland," Faelar concluded, "The 'Sundered Wastes' as we call them, are a place to avoid. It seems that there is little that can undo the demi-gods tainted blood in the sundered wastes, but at the very last, it never spreads."

"How did your people find out all of this?" Aaron asked.

"Well, some of the information was actually obtained from word of mouth," Faelar replied. "The crimson bird is still very much alive, and he has been asked about the subject. He doesn't show himself nearly as much as he used to, however. It is also assumed that the ghostly cat continues to exist, but she hides herself, and remains as mysterious as her forests. Additionally, deep in the sea where the sunken portion of the continent lives, an ancient kraken- a gargantuan, intelligent squid of sorts- dwells in the domain. We even asked him some questions, and though he was not the most cooperative, he supplied us with some answers. However, when we asked him if there is any possible way to return the southeastern portion of the continent back to the surface, he was not at all cooperative with the idea, content with his underwater dwelling that he considered his."

"I just have one quick question," Temir asked. "How do you travel from world to world, anyway?"

"Well-" Faelar started, but was interrupted.

"A wizard did it." The Philosoraptor interrupted.

Faelar glanced at the dinosaur with a bit of exasperation. "Well, no. But there is magic involved. And that is all I will say about that."
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zpallin on Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Z's response was simple. The robot's blue receptors calmly dimmed as Faelar went on with his story, resuming in passive listening.
zpallin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Mon May 16, 2011 1:27 pm

(I suppose either my character wasn't fitting for any interaction or you didn't know enough about him yet to make him act, regardless here is his actions :P)

Nigeki, standing still close to the fire but mostly covered in shadows, looks at faelar and with a voice much like a whisper but clear enough to not be ignored, spoke "You seem quite knowing of such things. Do you know of creatures called Animated shadows? If yes would you mind telling me about those, they are a plague in my home lands, and I wish to rid it of their existence"

As the eye that was lit by the flames looked straight at Faelar betraying no trace of intention or emotion, the one covered with shadows seemed to glow of a strange light which worried the fearful and concerned the braves.
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dethane on Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Kadafi, leaning back against the plank he had set with his eyes closed, chewing on some wheat, had made his shadow stand up before Nigeki. "I would think it best you not speak ill of shadows in my presence."

Last edited by Dethane on Mon May 16, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : da grammurz)
Dethane
Regular

http://confluxofemotions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue May 17, 2011 2:57 am

Faelar thought for a moment.

"I've encountered two types of creatures that match your description," Faelar replied. "One type of shadow is considered an elemental, as odd as that sounds. Basically, raw shadows given sentience. They obey the master who conjures them, but they do not necessarily have defining alignments.."

"The second type is worse," Faelar continued. "Undead shadows- they are much like ghosts in that they are deadly, incorporeal creatures that can sap your strength away from you."

Nigeki became curious. "And how are these shadows created?"

Faelar smiled cleverly. "You won't have to worry about their creation- just their destruction. Undead shadows are powerless in sunlight, and ordinary weapons can be enchanted to harm ghosts normally- I've been researching lately if there is such a way to do so in this world. I'll be sure to spread the word when I find out. The elemental shadows are incorporeal as well, and can be dealt with in a similar fashion."
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Tue May 17, 2011 3:03 am

Nigeki looked into the flames his eyes seemingly on the verge of tear, even that in the shadows. "My home was destroyed by these creatures, I wished to know of their creation so we could prevent it in the future, and even know who creates such things." after a moment of silence he continues "thank you, I'll see that I find a way to create such weapons." he then backs up just a bit so only the reflection of the fire can be seen bouncing off his eyes.
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dethane on Tue May 17, 2011 9:45 am

"There is such a way to create these weapons, but mind you, not all shadows are evil, and those that are, may only be slaves being controlled against their will. An old friend of mine who taught me how to harness the power they hold reminded me of this daily." Kadafi rose up, and patted Nigeki on the shoulder, as a sign of understanding. "I too held your hatred once."
Dethane
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Tue May 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Nigeki replies without moving "This is why I wish for to know how to find the source of their birth. So I may not need to slay those which are controlled."

Last edited by Lagg-ninja on Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so I could get notified of future posts)
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dethane on Tue May 17, 2011 3:59 pm

"Shadows are everywhere man. Even you have a shadow. But with the right power, or corruption, they can be controlled. My shadow is a prime example." With not even a twitch, Kadafi sends his shadow to appear before Nigeki. "I have befriended my shadow, and we have been through many of adventures together. It has known things of me I thought not to be true."
Dethane
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagg-ninja on Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Nigeki spoke with a somewhat irritated tone "What I meant is to know how whoever is controlling them does so, so we can fight him not the shadows. Shadows are the friends of a man like me"
Lagg-ninja
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum