[ 5 ]
19% 19% 
[ 3 ]
50% 50% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 16

[Vote now!] Council Elections

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Mon May 20, 2013 11:13 pm

We currently have one open seat in our council, and I have received multiple applications for this spot. As such, we are now going to hold an election for this position between the people who sent in applications; the applicant that receives the most votes out of the three candidates (with no less than 3 votes) by the end of May 23 will be elected. All members of our server are eligible, and encouraged, to vote.

For those unaware of what the role of the council is:
Responsibilities of council members include voting upon major actions that the city takes, such as terraforming, zoning, and so forth. Council members are expected to openly discuss opinions and suggestions, both with the rest of the council and directly to the mayor. Council members may act as advisers or assistants to the mayor as well.

Here are the list of applicants and their applications. (Skype information redacted)

Maynard/Syupweque
What is your vision for our city?
I envision a great metropolis, with many different areas for people to live. I imagine a wonderful guard force, protecting the people from whatever may hurt them. I see a great place to live, visit, play in, and entice new people to come. I would love to see a thriving place, but one that doesn't stray from it's roots in nature. I'd love to see the environment protected, while being improved upon.

What do you have to offer to our city?
I have my time, my imagination, my prior experiences, and my knowledge to offer. I have knowledge of farming techniques, how to feed a large population, and how to organize a large farm area. I want to offer these in the form of a councilor for the agricultural advancement of the city.

Jeremiah/Professor_Acnet
What is your vision for our city? To create a safe and prosperous city, greater than anything the Dawnlands have ever seen.
What do you have to offer to our city? Fresh ideas, taking some of the stress of running the city off your shoulders, advising, and my help as skilled Blacksmith, and prospective city guard.

Candidates running for office are permitted to post additional information in this thread, and respond to any questions or to one another.

IMPORTANT: If the None of the Above option is chosen as the majority or no candidate obtains at least three votes, the seat will remain empty!

Last edited by BlazeZeroThree on Wed May 22, 2013 5:39 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: [Vote now!] Council Elections

Post by acnet on Tue May 21, 2013 3:41 am

Hmm, I feel like I should say a few words, I've been on the server now for a few months, and it's been fun, but I always feel a bit detached from the rest of the server by having been off to the side whilst everyone lived in NC or HF, so I want to make this new city my opportunity to be more involved in the server, so whether I'm elected or not, I'll be giving this new city all my time and effort in however I can so that it can be the kind of place people both new and old to the server can happily live and share fun Rp, and make good memories with each other. This city is a new start for all of us, and I hope I can do my part to make it great. Thank you for reading, and good luck to all of us running for council.

acnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syupweque on Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 pm

I feel like I should say some words to try to make a convincing argument as to why I should be on this council, but I feel like I said it all in my application. I have been on this server for nigh on 2 years now, and I feel like I have a good grasp on the goings on around here. I just hope that whoever wins does the city, and the server, some good.

On a side note, are we allowed to vote for ourselves?

Syupweque

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue May 21, 2013 10:56 pm

You are permitted to self-vote, yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 am

Spiffzombie has rescinded his nomination on the ballot--ie. he's pulling out of the race. As such, I have removed his name from the poll.

For anyone who has voted Spiffzombie, please change your vote accordingly. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by acnet on Fri May 24, 2013 3:49 am

Well, I want to help establish the new city, and have a part in it's planning and construction, but specifically I want to help establish activities to occur in the city, both in and out of Rp, like special events, meet and greets for new players, work on dungeons and fun things for people to play with, treasure hunts, etc, I want to try and get some activities going so that people have a lot of fun things to do when they're bored, or between Rp sessions, as well as creating a good environment for new players on the server to get involved.

Honestly, I just want to help make fun things on the server, and whether elected or not, I'll do what I can to try and make fun things for people to do so that even if there's 10 people on or no one else on, you can log on and do something fun on the server

my platform is fun for the players, great buildings are nice, and a big city is cool, but what's the point if there isn't anything to do?

acnet

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Poll's closed!
It is now the brink of May 24 here, and so the voting has ended. The results are as follows:

Maynard/Syupweque: 5 votes (31%)
Jeremiah/Professor_Acnet: 3 votes (19%)
None of the Above: 8 votes (50%)

Because "None of the Above" has taken the majority vote in this poll, the council seat will remain empty until the next election. We will put up the next election by the time the core of our new city is established; all members of the current council as well as this empty seat will be put up to the ballot next time around. Better luck to our candidates next time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum