Who should be mayor?

100% 100% 
[ 7 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

[Utopia]Nominations

Post by Sealand on Mon May 13, 2013 10:45 am

It's time for us to elect a leader to lead this Utopia that we shall be creating.

We have to nominees currently. BlazeZeroThree and Superscope1. More nominees can be added as they step up, although be warned that because of coming in late you may be at a disadvantage. I would also like to encourage those running to make a post to promote themselves.

As this poll wraps to a close, by either next weekend or by some overpowering victory, I will ask for names we shall call the Utopia. Be careful what you pick, as we will be checking to make sure these names aren't ripped off of somewhere.

Good luck to the runners.

Last edited by Sealand on Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Re: [Utopia]Nominations

Post by Sealand on Mon May 13, 2013 10:49 am

Forgot to note. While it is appreciated to comment on why you wish to pick a person, it is understandable why people wouldn't want to.

As such, you may have an anonymous vote should you so wish.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 am

Blaze.

I'll admit, in my power-hungry mind, I wouldn't mind being a mayor- but, I know that I couldn't plan it out half-as well as Blaze could. He's fair, he's got WE, and he knows his stuff. So, in being completely honest, I have to say that I believe Blaze would be the best Mayor.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

To be frank, I'm not sure I need to type up a flowery persuasion-oriented post for my nomination, but I think it necessary for me to explain my platform and proposed vision for this new city.

Government
If elected, I will establish a council through which major decisions will be made. The council will initially be comprised of 3 people, and if necessary, can be increased by a major majority (66%+) vote as the city grows. Council members will apply to me, and if at the end of the application period, there are less than or equal to three applicants, they will all be accepted. If there are more, a public voting process will be used.

Council members will be required to maintain constant presence to make decisions or arguments quickly as the city is planned and established, but are welcome to be as involved or minimalist as they believe it necessary. Roles for the council will include discussion on major decisions (such as terraforming, districting, zoning, civil legislation), advisory positions, and so forth. While council members do not need to be directly involved with public construction, they will still work with each other and myself to make sure the town has good RP opportunities and that it remains aesthetically pleasing yet practical enough to live in.

If the city grows to a very large size to the point where there are a substantial amount of voters in each district, then each council member will be voted upon by individual districts. If the city grows to an extraordinary size, then it may be possible for the council to establish subcommittees delegated to specialized tasks such as transportation, OOC activity, RP activity, and so on.

If it is seen as necessary to replace the mayor, the council may call for a vote of no confidence with at least 25% of the council, and must nominate a new mayor to replace the current mayor. Should the majority (50%+) vote for the new mayor, then they shall be replaced and the old mayor will be placed into the council.

City Planning & Construction
I will try to go over all plans with the council before executing any particular plans for the city, so it's certainly subject to change. As a starting point, I want the city to be terraformed to a degree that leaves a significant amount of land for construction purposes while still preserving the major features of the landscape. This means flattening out valleys, filling in ponds, and carving into some hills, but generally keeping mountains and major lakes to define the landscape. Beyond that, in terms of city planning, I hope we can try to fit in a diverse amount of construction styles while still remaining consistent. I think this can be effectively done through districting portions of the city. For instance, the area by the coast can be considered the harbor district, and the area by the lake can be a dense commercial district, while some areas can be delegated to be an old district with medieval-styled buildings.

As for the construction work itself, it will be delegated to designated, trusted construction engineers who will all work together to get the city up and running, hopefully put up to a good aesthetic standard within each district. I will allow anyone who's interested to apply for the construction crew. (I already have the current volunteers in mind, and no, you won't need to apply.)

Again, all major decisions regarding districts, style, and general layout will be discussed with the council.

Thanks for considering me for mayor! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me here on the forums or through Skype.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Thu May 16, 2013 9:23 am

With voting teetering off since the second day, I am closing the vote as of 7/0 in favor of Blaze.

Congratulations friend, and a... good run to both candidates.

I'll be handing over the more personal town stuff to Blaze now, such as creating a council, the construction and all the like.

In the meantime, I would like to start receiving names for the current city. I just want a list of names, like Dawnfire, that would suit this new Utopia. Please do not suggest names that are taken from other places, as I will be researching them for signs of such. We don't want another Hearthfire...

Topic is moved. Go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sealand on Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Thu May 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Dawnvale

Dawnbay (:3)

Solaris

Dawnlight

Coravum

Tenjarvale

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum