» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

[Utopia]A new land...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which area would you like to see house our Utopia?

100% 100% 
[ 11 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

[Utopia]A new land...

Post by Sealand on Mon May 06, 2013 4:49 am

Confused on what's happening? Read up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well, almost unanimous agreement in favor of creating a Utopian city to round up RP into a singular place. As such, it seems we're really going to do it, and I'm glad to see people excited for this new city. It makes me a lot happier about bringing it up.

Anyway, we're now onto the second part of our Utopian transition. Finding a place to put it. I asked Tengard and Blaze to help find several areas that would be fit, as well as what they would want. After about a week of search, we've come up many candidates. Thank you to those who've helped look for them! Also, please excuse the terrible screenshots, if anyone wishes to take better ones... Please do and I'll edit them in.

1. Utopia Area 1
- Coords are x: 1532, z: -1335
- Very mountainous area with large landlocked lake
- Connected to the ocean through a large mountain range(it's under me in the picture).
- Surrounding biomes include two large plains on opposites sides of each other. A large forest, and a small village with a building made by cavetrekkr.

2. Utopia Area 2
- Coords are x:3451, z: 3515
- Snowy open spaces with a large singular mountain
- Connected to the ocean through... ice.
- Surrounding biomes include... more snow.

3. Utopia Area 3
- Coords are x: 2786, z: 47
- Decent sized peninsula that elevates slightly
- Stabs into the ocean
- Surrounding biomes include a desert that blocks it off from the mainland and a forest

3A. Utopia Area 3A
- Past the forest near 3.
- Coords are x: 2944, z: 219
- Has a small in-land lake that exits into the ocean.
- Surrounding biomes include forest and a mountain range.

4. Utopia Dawnblade
- Coords are x: - 573, z: 510
- Large valley within a mountain range surrounding it. Houses the Dawnblade temple.
- Special Note: The Dawnblade temple will be 'naturalized' with the help of Blaze should this area be picked. There will still be an entrance upon the town's road for the townsfolk.
- Has a large landlocked lake. NO connection to the ocean.
- Surrounding biomes include two large snow biomes, one of which contains Iernen. A forest is also nearby

5. Utopia Area 5
- Coords are x: 358, z: 3880
- Hilled area with many pockets of water. Small mountains scattered
- Right upon the ocean
- Surrounding biomes include a snow biome, a desert biome, and a mountain biome...

6. Utopia Area 6
- Coords are x: -56, z: 3589
- Mountains area upon the ocean, descends down into a plain
- Right upon the ocean
- Surrounding biomes include a desert and a forest. Village nearby(in the picture)

7. Utopia Area 7
- Coords are x: -833, z: 4722
- Large open area shielded by mountains.
- Special note: Less than 300 blocks away from the map's borders(which are the 5000s)
- Right upon the ocean
- Surrounding biome over the mountain range is a desert.

8. Utopia Area 8
- Coords are x: -1068, z: -1346
- Offered by Acnet(Thanks bud)
- Large mountainous area with an open area half in a large desert biome. Several valleys in the mountainous area...
- No connection to the ocean that I can see
- Surrounding biomes include a desert that stretches around half the mountain range, a mountain, a snow biome and a jungle.

If at any time someone wishes to be teleported to these spots to check them out with their own eyes, please bug an admin or moderator on Skype to do so! Specifically Blaze or I.

Also! Warning on our forum's behalf, we have 10 candidates and the forum's poll only allows a maximum of 10. If any other contenders pop up, we will have to remove another.

At the end of this poll, whenever I deem it done, I will ask for candidates for the town's 'Mayor.' Please think if you would like to run for office, and perhaps create something to convince others when the time comes. As much as I hate to do it as the last ended in a popularity contest, we still need the member's opinions on the subject...

Last edited by Sealand on Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Re: [Utopia]A new land...

Post by Sealand on Mon May 06, 2013 4:57 am

FYI - I would also like to know everyone's preferred area and WHY they picked it.

Please and thank you~

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 am

Area 1-

I feel that it has the best biome placement, as well as enough large amounts of space. The ocean is not too imposing and there are definitely enough mountains, plains, and woods nearby to offer different terrains.... It's my fave.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Mon May 06, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm going to wait a little bit before I decide- I'd like to hear the opinions of others regarding this matter before I fully form my own..
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Mon May 06, 2013 1:00 pm

edits!:

This is at -3300 x, 2100 z

Which is very far away from everything. However, i'm not sure people will even bother going to the other towns if we are just going to make a utopia. so maybe, its just a little option that's further away from home. I'm not sure, honestly up to you guys.

This place however has:
- Nearby ice/snow fields
- Nearby desert
- Ocean/rivers nearby (atleast I think there is ocean behind those ice/snow fields
- Small separated islands
- Nearby mountain biome.
- and my work! :0 Which isn't even a biggie. So maybe that's the worst point but I still think its a great place.

(click to view :0)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Warrikon on Mon May 06, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by acnet on Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Area 8, Looking past any possible bias on my end, I've actually been scouting out that area for quite some time, I was originally going to use one of the mountains as a fortress, but never got around to it, hence the random wall you might find in one of the mountains (feel free to tear it down if the area is selected), The area has a lot of great mountains, natural archways, plenty of resources, and within the entire plot is a Extreme Hills biome, which is where I had the center for the area placed, which is surrounded by a Desert Biome, Jungle, Forest and Tundra, so plenty of variation in terms of landscape, and has a lot of potential for development. Oh, and I should correct this, there isn't a direct source to the Ocean, but there is a indirect source. I forgot to point it out, but there is a large system of rivers, that while taking a while, do eventually reach the Ocean. With a little bit of digging to clear up breaks in the river, it could be used to form a pathway to the sea. Granted this is all pending how everyone else votes, so I hope this helps, and uh, go Utopia 8?

acnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon May 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Warrikon wrote: i'm not sure people will even bother going to the other towns if we are just going to make a utopia. so maybe, its just a little option that's further away from home. I'm not sure, honestly up to you guys.

All 'other towns' are being destroyed- perhaps leaving a couple of interesting ruins rather than a crater. Of course everyone's stuff will be moved... This Utopia will be the only town on the server until further notice, although people are still welcome to go to Frostweave or the like, but there is no road connecting them and they may be very far apart... Needless to say it isn't recommended, because we're trying to centralize RP for a bigger output rather than keep RP split.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Mon May 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Quite frankly, I'm not entirely sure which one I'd pick. I would say I'm perfectly fine with Area 1, 3/A, Dawnblade, and 8 thus far. Again, going to remind everyone that I can terraform areas heavily to meet our needs, so hopefully I'll be able to incorporate plenty of neat features into the landscape to make it both buildable and unique.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ashblossom on Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 am

Changed my mind, decided #1 would be best, for reasons already stated by other people.

Last edited by ashblossom on Wed May 08, 2013 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total
ashblossom
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Syupweque on Tue May 07, 2013 2:19 am

I'm voting for area 1. I'm primarily voting for it because I like the mountain walled valley, and see great potential in the area.

And if not that one, 4 because my mining outpost is nearby.

Syupweque

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue May 07, 2013 4:24 am

Syupweque wrote:And if not that one, 4 because my mining outpost is nearby.

Please be aware that these locations should not be considered based on convenient features or personal biases, especially in regards to structures built in areas. (Especially since pre-built structures there are liable to be wiped out, with the exception of the Dawnblade temple) We are voting upon these locations for the best possible start for a city that we're all going to be working on together, and this is the primary consideration that should be kept in mind.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Tue May 07, 2013 1:42 pm

I voted 3A because I liked the landscape. However, i'll have to see option 1... it seems interesting. But the pictures a bit dark :\

Also i'm guessing everyone doesn't want my vote at all so, yeah :p
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineMeta on Tue May 07, 2013 6:16 pm

I voted 1 because it's a really nice terrain and I have lots of ideas for things there! It's really epic and I hope that it wins!

MaineMeta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue May 07, 2013 6:53 pm

So far area 1 is winning by 2 votes. Based on the last poll, we still have 9 people who still haven't voted. I myself haven't voted yet, because I'm not sure which area I would like yet. I know several others are doing the same.

Warrikon wrote:Also i'm guessing everyone doesn't want my vote at all so, yeah :p
We want everyone's vote. This isn't just a place where some will live, this place will be the symbol of our server... We need to make it great, and we need everyone's help to do so.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue May 07, 2013 9:59 pm

I've put some thought into it, and I'm really digging Utopia 1- I'm seeing why others are digging it too. Sure, other locations can be terraformed, but this one just looks..ideal.

And one potential name for the capital is...Polaris.

*Grins at Blaze*
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Wed May 08, 2013 3:44 am

Agh I meant everyone does't want my location, not my vote :p

I change my vote to 1! cause its awesome :D
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Sat May 11, 2013 10:58 am

GO AREA NUMBER ONE!

C'mon guys we need your input! If you haven't voted, get your voice heard!

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Well, originally my vote was gonna get stuck for no. 6, since I think 1 would be difficult to build on (plus, 6 is next to the ocean), but....I think I'll vote for 1 now.

It'll be difficult to build in, I think, and it's kinda bare tree-wise (at least, from the pics it is), but it's got a lot of space, a lot of character, and actually looks like it would be a nice challenge to build in.

(Totally calling a cliffside house like I had on the old NC map xD )
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by acnet on Sat May 11, 2013 12:15 pm

I've changed my vote to 1 just for the sake of progress, with this we have 10 of the original 15 people voted for 1.

acnet

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sat May 11, 2013 2:47 pm

AJ.Wisteria wrote:Well, originally my vote was gonna get stuck for no. 6, since I think 1 would be difficult to build on (plus, 6 is next to the ocean), but....I think I'll vote for 1 now.

It'll be difficult to build in, I think, and it's kinda bare tree-wise (at least, from the pics it is), but it's got a lot of space, a lot of character, and actually looks like it would be a nice challenge to build in.

(Totally calling a cliffside house like I had on the old NC map xD )

I will make space. I've made a copy of the area in a local file and I've been working with terraforming drafting, which I may release later to the public. This is by no means anywhere near complete because the area is huge, and I'm still not sure what exactly we might want to see in the landscape, so what you see there is actually a relatively light amount of terraforming for building. I can flatten off entire mountains if this turns out not to be enough space. As for the trees, well, I can easily paint the landscape in a few minutes with trees, maybe even using different trees for different elevations. Of course, it's best to keep the area bare of trees for now, since we need to actually see the landscape before we build.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sat May 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Before I close this poll, I would like to take nominees for the next poll to vote for a mayor. It is preferred that they take the position both OOC and IC.

I'll start with Blaze, and his character Animus Vox II.

Late Sunday I may wrap this poll up and start the new one for Mayor.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Sun May 12, 2013 3:58 am

lol blaze that is so awesome...

I'll probably either go for blaze, scope or... uh....

someone else important that wants to run the town ^_^

By the way, quick question; do we get the materials from... everywhere else? or do we have to start over again. I'm curious, because most of the world is being destroyed RP wise...

edit: I am evil (666 posts!!!)
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 am

Most of the town will be created with creative, by specific engineers who'll be making the homes.

We won't be destroying the map, simply the old towns. I don't think anyone really wants to start up a new map after the catastrophe before...

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 am

Poll closed. Area 1 is the blatant winner.

Onto the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum