The League of Dreamwalkers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The League of Dreamwalkers

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Honor in Humanity

- - -

LATEST NEWS

The 1st Day on the Month of Glory (1-4-13) - We are now holding an open engineering session for prospective persons interested in the fundamentals of architecture. See the event post for more details.
(OOC Note, May 8 2013: I have decided to make these sessions a multi-part series, so as long as people keep attending, I'll keep hosting these events)

The 23rd Day on the Month of Purification (23-2-13) - We are pleased to announce the League of Dreamwalkers has been officially incorporated with the City of New Cerberus. While our headquarters is able to operate at an adequate level at the present moment, we will continue to work on expanding and equipping our structure in the future. Because of this, please pardon any disruptions in our HQ due to construction.

Since we have been officially incorporated, we will begin to hold our first events (open to both guild members and the general public) soon. Once our first event is planned out, we will post a respective notice on this board. Due to logistical circumstances, the soonest event will occur after the next week. Thank you for your patience.

We would like to extend our thanks to the official of New Cerberus who made this possible. We look forward to working with the Department of Discovery and, of course, the good people of the Dawnlands.

- - -

CURRENT MEMBERS
Name - Position (if applicable) - Title
Please note that not all members are listed here. To obtain a complete list, please speak with a logistical officer. If you do not have a title, you may apply for one through request.

NORMAN BATTLEBORN - Head Administrator - Philosopher Paladin
MITH'CIGOL - Chief Engineer - You're Writing This Down Aren't You Argh Give Me That Pen
ANIMUS VOX II - Chief Scientist - Alchemist
ANTIMONY - Energy-Biology Scientist - Undead Researcher
JESS SOLARIS - Biologist/Etherist - Wee Wizard
TEREMUS RAMNEUS - Fellow - (Am I spelling this right?)
RUCKUS FIREBRINGER - Fellow -
CHRIS TAYLOR - Fellow -
MATAU - Fellow -

- - -

CURRENT EVENTS/PROJECTS
Here, we will post any major projects we are working on, as well as upcoming events. We strongly encourage members to participate in upcoming projects and events.

FUNDAMENTALS OF RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION PART ONE

WHEN: [Saturday, May 11, around 1-2PM]
WHERE: In front of the MAIN Dreamwalker HQ, on the Dreamwalker Centrus open zone. [TPs will be provided.]
WHAT: We will be constructing small to medium sized structures together on the open area as practice for architectural methods for engineering residential purposes. As with last time, we will be building structures in a relatively short time frame, and then commenting/critiquing the structures we see in a civil and responsible manner. As a change from last time, I will have each participant comment on what particular techniques, if any, they wish to improve. Having attended the previous event is not required, but I'd love to see all of our previous attendees participate. If we have extra time left over and some creative fuel left, then we can go an extra round with whatever buildings people want to build.
This is an OOC event; everyone is encouraged to join!

(DN101) Dynamic Posting - Please Hang on Center of Board

Last edited by BlazeZeroThree on Thu May 09, 2013 4:56 am; edited 8 times in total
BlazeZeroThree
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The League of Dreamwalkers

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 pm

OUR HISTORY
I. The Dreamwalker Project
The original Dreamwalker Project (the namesake of the current guild) was initially established as a secretive scientific endeavor to research the realm of souls and its connection to the common man of the Dawnlands. What started as a small, ten-man project soon grew into one of the world's largest industrial scientific complexes, boasting an estimated 500 staff members and seven main structures. Research branched out to various fields such as energy research, biological experimentation, and mechanical sciences. For reasons that are not yet fully understood, however, the project soon fell into ruin as unethical experimentation ran amok and many vital parts of the facilities were destroyed.

II. The Founding of the League of Dreamwalkers
The League of Dreamwalkers was founded by a group of adventurers who discovered the ruins of the Dreamwalker Project and sought to turn the secret, tragic events of the old Project into something to benefit the people of the Dawnlands. The League was founded near the facilities of the Dreamwalker Project, and worked towards cleaning up the toxic remains of previous experiments and recovered great archives of knowledge that the Project had produced. This bountiful knowledge that the Project provided continues to fuel our research today, but the lessons of unethical research within the Project have not been forgotten.

III. The League of Dreamwalkers Today
Today, the League of Dreamwalkers has grown to become much more diverse from our original goals of archiving and research. While we still place a signficant amount of emphasis on scientific endeavors, our work has branched out to many different fields; for instance, archery, swordplay, and architecture. We strive towards the common goal of the developement of the individual and ultimately towards the greater society. Our humanist approach helps to keep the League of Dreamwalkers an honorable guild in the name of sensible progress. Knowledge. Honor. Exploration. These are the things that we stand for today.

- - -

THE DREAMWALKER CODE
This is mandatory reading.
1. Treat all with respect. Enemies and friends alike. Anyone with a soul is worthy of dignity.
2. Do no harm. Always follow safety standards, and never attempt to cause deliberate harm to other Guild members.
3. Bring no shame. As a member of the Guild, remember your actions are reflective of our behavior. We are one community.

- - -

GUILD APPLICATION
NAME: Your full name.
CITIZENSHIP: Which sovereign state do you pledge to? If none, then you may indicate "Unincorporated" or "Wanderer".
PURPOSE: Why are you joining the League of Dreamwalkers?
STRENGTHS: What do you believe are your finest talents? If you decline to answer, you may leave this field blank.
WHAT IS JUSTICE? What do you believe justice is?

(NDN102) Nondynamic Posting - Please Hang on Left of Board

Last edited by BlazeZeroThree on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
BlazeZeroThree
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 pm

PREVIOUS EVENTS
FUNDAMENTALS OF ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING SEMINAR

WHEN: [Saturday, May 4, around 1PM]
WHERE: In front of the MAIN Dreamwalker HQ, on the Dreamwalker Centrus open zone. [TPs will be provided.]
WHAT: We will be constructing small structures together on the open area as practice for general engineering and architecture. Once enough structures are completed in a relatively short time frame, we will have our group inspect each building and comment upon what we believe are the strengths and weaknesses of the structure and its aesthetics (in a civil manner) in order to help everyone improve as builders. These structures will then be wiped, and this seminar may go on for as long as desired by the group. Beginners and professionals alike are all strongly encouraged to join. Building materials will be provided.
THIS IS AN OUT OF CHARACTER EVENT, SO DON'T WORRY IF IT'S IN CHARACTER FOR YOU TO BE A CONSTRUCTION WORKER! EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO JOIN!

(SDN103) Semidynamic Posting - Please Hang on Right of Board

You may now post beyond this point.

Last edited by BlazeZeroThree on Mon May 06, 2013 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
BlazeZeroThree
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Applications are now open. If you wish to join the League of Dreamwalkers, simply read the Code, fill out the application, and send me a PM with the completed form. Thanks!

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 am

FUNDAMENTALS OF ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING SEMINAR

WHEN: [Saturday, May 4, around 1PM]
WHAT: We will be constructing small structures together on the open area as practice for general engineering and architecture. Once enough structures are completed in a relatively short time frame, we will have our group inspect each building and comment upon what we believe are the strengths and weaknesses of the structure and its aesthetics (in a civil manner) in order to help everyone improve as builders. These structures will then be wiped, and this seminar may go on for as long as desired by the group. Beginners and professionals alike are all strongly encouraged to join. Building materials will be provided.
THIS IS AN OUT OF CHARACTER EVENT, SO DON'T WORRY IF IT'S IN CHARACTER FOR YOU TO BE A CONSTRUCTION WORKER! EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO JOIN!

A new OOC event has been posted! This event is NOT guild-exclusive, so everyone is free to sign up. If you wish to join, you are free to jump on at any time during the event, but signing up is appreciated so I can gauge how many people will be attending. Sign up below! (all you need to say is that you'll be there, and any questions or concerns you may have)
BlazeZeroThree
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Thu May 02, 2013 3:14 am

I have a theatre class from 11-1- SO! I'll be a little bit late. But, I'll be there.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Fri May 03, 2013 2:15 am

I would join if I could. The best I would be able to do is slowly help with commenting on the buildings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ashblossom on Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 pm

I'll be there as long as I don't start craving fritos at 12:30.
ashblossom
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 am

I'm pleased to report that the previous event was a success, and I'd like to thank everyone who participated and spectated. We will be hosting another event this week, and I will post the general topic a few days in advance.

Oh, and I've also compiled a photo album of the buildings that were built at the event.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Thu May 09, 2013 4:53 am

What's this? Another follow-up event upon popular demand? Madness!

FUNDAMENTALS OF RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION PART ONE

WHEN: [Saturday, May 11, around 1-2PM]
WHAT: We will be constructing small to medium sized structures together on the open area as practice for architectural methods for engineering residential purposes. As with last time, we will be building structures in a relatively short time frame, and then commenting/critiquing the structures we see in a civil and responsible manner. As a change from last time, I will have each participant comment on what particular techniques, if any, they wish to improve. Having attended the previous event is not required, but I'd love to see all of our previous attendees participate. If we have extra time left over and some creative fuel left, then we can go an extra round with whatever buildings people want to build.
This is an OOC event; everyone is encouraged to join!

Once again, this is not a guild-exclusive event. Signing up is optional, but is handy for letting me know how much space I should make. I would also like to encourage those who wish to participate significantly in the new city's construction to join the event so I can get a good idea of where your style might stand.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 am

SIGN ME UP

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ashblossom on Fri May 10, 2013 2:16 am

I'm definitely/hopefully in.
ashblossom
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Sat May 11, 2013 12:02 pm

If I'm not driving, I'll try to be there...but since I'll probably be driving, I don't think I'll be able to attend. :c
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum