» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Your Local Tavern needs Help!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Local Tavern needs Help!!

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:40 am

For the past few weeks (well, ok, MONTHS), I've been attempting to set up a tavern menu because, well, I can. I have most of the tavern menu set up, but I ran into a slight issue...and I need your help to resolve it.

See, right now I've been focusing mainly on drinks (which is great, I mean, who doesn't like the drinks?) But...I need some more help, and that's where my dear patrons come in.

I need some more...ideas. Mostly for food items, since they seem to be lacking on the list. If you guys have ideas for entrees/desserts/etc., PLEASE post them here. I also need ideas for basic drinks/special drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic both).

If you've an idea, use this outline for posting said ideas, please!

Drink/Entree name: Come up with something interesting and fun! And yes, if you want, it can be an 'inside joke' name.

Drink/Entree Description: What's in it? Spices, meats, cheeses, etc. etc. We've got a wide selection of food to choose from thanks to the newest patch, so be creative!

I'll pick the ones I find most entertaining (please limit to...erm...lets say two per person, if you think up that many) and you'll see them up on the list! Hopefully I'll be able to pick one from each person that gives an idea, but if you don't see yours up there it means I probably ran out of room.

Anyways, have at my friends! Put your muses to work!
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Local Tavern needs Help!!

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Here's a couple easy ones I can contribute:

-Baked Potatoes
-Sauteed Carrots
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Entree Name (not really an entree): Appetizer: Cinnamon carrots
Description: Cinnamon glazed chopped carrots, cooked to soft perfection in a sweet and buttery sauce. (I've had these before, these are seriously amazing, and they're a neat little medieval dish)

Entree Name: Fish & Chips
Description: No raw fish here! Fresh fish taken from Cerberus Bay, breaded to make that satisfying crunch, and cooked to order. Also includes a side of chopped up, baked potato with your choice of dipping sauce.

Drink Name: The Cerberus
Description: An odd blend of some Old Cerberus favorites: a bit of whiskey, beer, and rum mixed together in a rather blunt, but simple drink for the quick passerby.

Drink Name: Death's Brew
Description: Animus II half-joking asked his father Animus I, aka. Death, to make up an alcoholic drink. This is what he came up with: three ounces absinthe, one ounce gin, half an ounce of vinegar, two pinches of salt and garlic, topped off with heavy cream. He actually finished the drink in one swig, but his son nearly fainted from the smell alone. Not recommended for human consumption, but useful for medical sterilization and undead warding.

Drink Name: Antimony's Completely Safe Non-Alcoholic Drink for Everyone but Especially Orphans
Description: I don't honestly know what's in this drink, but it bubbles, it's black, and it's starting to burn through the barrel. It's probably the strongest drink we have, but I'm not sure if it's even something that can be consumed safely. Please avoid.

I'm such a banana for submitting more than two submissions. ;D

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 pm

BlazeZeroThree wrote:I'm such a banana for submitting more than two submissions. ;D

teehee.

Entree(Appetizer) name: Squid bits

Description: Simply fried balls of the... MORE delicious parts of the squid. Perhaps with toothpicks or something in them. Probably a New Cerberus only meal, as it is a coastal town.

Also Grilled Cheese is a must. Can't really... think of anything else, but I'll brainstorm. I would figure things like wolf or ocelot/cat meat, but I think the Dawnlanders wouldn't take to that really.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:31 am

Mayor's Choice(name can be changed of course) -

Entree: Apple Potato Bread

Description: Warm quarter-loaf of bread filled with chunks of apples, potatoes and walnuts with a generous dose of cinnamon and sugar making a crust on top.

Disclaimer: I have actually had apple potato bread before. It's really, really good. The apples give it a sweet crunch and potato bread is soooo soft and tasty. It would probably give you a heart attack if you ate it regularly but it's a great treat.

Drink: Spiced Tea
A weak tea spiced with orange peels, a few drops of clove oil, cinnamon and other aromatic spices. The mayor recommends getting it extra hot.

Obviously more of a snack/treat that a proper meal.

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:48 am

Steak and Potatos: Steak and delicious potato good-ness.

Blast of Frost: An alcoholic beverage that is actually freezing cold when it goes down. It is a Heavy-weight alcoholic beverage.

Uncle Tom's Delight: A Rum-cake that is so doused in Rum, it's only real purpose is to help get someone wasted.

Spider-Pie

Firebomb: A bread-bowl stuffed with a soup that has the spiciest ingredients in a smorgasbord peppers.

Chicken Soup: Something that tastes just how mother used to make it.

Catch of the Day!: The freshest fish either grilled, sautéed, or put into a soup.

Sushi: The Rawest fish, for the Rawest patron.

Chef's Surprise: For those bananas that just don't know what they got coming.

Goat of Lamb: Hehehehehehehehehehe......stupid sheep.

The Chaperone: A drink, that only seems capable of giving a slight buzz. No matter how many of them you drink. You're more likely to drown, then get drunk from them.

Wide-Awakey: A drink from the nice SFe people, that seems to help in keeping the party going ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

Antonius Special! : Burnt-Water.

Stephen Soufflé!: A Soufflé made by the renown chef Stephen Sanglia, this is asked for all over the world.

Pie: IT IS WHAT IT IS!

Cake: IT IS NOT WHAT IT IS! IT IS A LIE!

Hobo Hand: For your friendly neighborhood Cannibal.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ashblossom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 pm

The Full Course: A savory steak marinated in herbs and spices, a baked potatoe with bacon bits in it (because who doesn't love bacon) swimming in butter, and a bite of normal, everyday, uninteresting bread.

The Drowned Pie: A medium sized pumpkin pie literally DROWNED in cream, and for a little extra a glass of milk on the side.

Hope this helps!
ashblossom
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by cavetrekkr on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:43 am

Sniper's Stew: A hearty, warm dish for the stamina and energy you need. Made with mushrooms, beans and/or potatoes, and bits of beef.

Tallpines Tea: A fragrant herbal tea that is easy to make while traveling. Its ingredients vary depending on what is at hand, but usually include pine needles, redwood bark, and frostflower petals. It is best unsweetened and with a drop of citrus fruit juice.
(Note: probably a Hearthfire specialty, given the snowy forest nearby)

Cactus Tea: An iced tea made with extract of cactus. It is refreshing and sweet, but also has a sharp bite. Tastes good with a little alcohol, too.
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 am

Beer: Beer.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Wow guys, thanks for all the ideas! I'll leave this up for a few more days just to see if there are any more suggestions lurking in your minds.

BlazeZeroThree wrote:I'm such a banana for submitting more than two submissions. ;D

Tengard wrote: -snip-

AJ is not amused. -_-

Okay maybe a little xD
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:24 am

Death to Pencils: A Drink made for those who wish to live on the edge.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull Sphinx on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 am

Drink: Sake (Rice wine, look it up)
Food: Defiantly Sushi and barbequed teriyaki squid!!! Also: Ramen!!! The real kind, not the gross college food! AJ, you know what I'm talking about! XD

Skull Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 am

Haggis: Sheep Guts.

Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 am

I'll put all of those up on the list, no worries Ryu! Although, you're gonna have to teach Kai how to properly prepare sushi...

Tengard.

Tengard why.

Why.

WHYYYYY?!?! *gags* I'll uh...have to...take that under consideration...
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 am

Haggis would be fitting to the roughly medieval thing we have going. And "sheep guts" isn't really a good way to describe it, it tastes pretty good unless it's the novelty "made to be disgusting" stuffed intestines kind of haggis.

Here's a nice picture of it to make it sound more appetizing.

Good idea Tengard.

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Hrmm....I hadn't thought of that, Wind. I suppose I can put it on the list (Kai's not happy with me, though >.> )

And I suppose that looks...kinda good...umm....I'm just gonna go back to doing what I was doing earlier xD
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Roast Spider: Spiders roasted deliciously

Spider Soufflé: A soufflé with the tasty essence of spider

Spider stew: enough said

Spider-kebabs: Kebabs with tantalizing spider chunks

Spider Burgers: patties of spider meat in normal buns

Spider à la mode: spider flesh

( well.... Spiders are common, it makes sense to utilize them. >;3 )

Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Tengard. Tengard why? *looks over in the corner*

OhgodsohgodsohgodsohgodsspiderswhysomanyspiderswhywhywhywHYWHYWHY?!?! *sobs uncontrollably*

I hope you're happy. She's not gonna recover from that until next week -.-
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 am

Apology Spider Cookie: For those times when an apology by itself isn't enough.

Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum