» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

New Cerberus Pumpkin Festival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Cerberus Pumpkin Festival

Post by Wheeind on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:36 am

New Cerberus will be having a Pumpkin Festival starting tomorrow Sunday, October 21st.
It will last for 10 days and the town will change a little every day. These changes will include surprises for people who look hard enough and a few organized events including treasure hunts and races.

In addition to the scattered surprises and small organized events there will be an in-character costume contest/party held on Sunday, October 28th - don't worry if you aren't great at skin making, it's the effort and creativity that will count!

I will accept applications for judging the contest!
Of course judges won't be allowed to participate so this job will hopefully be reserved for people like me with non-existent artistic ability. An approved RP character -IS- required to participate or judge.

I hope this turns out well, if it does similar town-changing events will be coming for Christmas and other holidays. Of course feedback/ideas are welcome! Private messages here on the forums are preferred.

If anyone would like to help organize this or things in the future feel free to contact me, more people can't hurt.

Last edited by Wheeind on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: New Cerberus Pumpkin Festival

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 am

Sounds like fun, hope all goes well.
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:55 am

nighttiger1000 wrote:Sounds like fun, hope all goes well.
I said it on Skype just now so I'll put it here:

Hearthfire citizens are welcome to participate in everything Pumpkin Festival-related. :)

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 am

Well count me in!
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 am

Count me in as well...I'll start thinking up costume ideas!
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by spiffzombie on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 am

Look for my topic about the Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Last edited by spiffzombie on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

spiffzombie
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:41 am

It occured to me that I have something really, really important to do on the 27th and I have NO idea how I forgot it. I'll be changing the day of the costume party to the 28th. Time is flexible, we'll figure out what works for the most people between now and then I hope.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:10 pm

The Pumpkin Festival has officially started! I turned my cornyness-dial all the way up for the first day's changes. Look around the town for an easy to find tip or two, the first round of things to find shouldn't be too hard.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:03 am

So Excited. :D

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 am

Day 1 recap/archiving of notes for people who missed out on it but still want to hunt down some loot:

There were 3 chests. 7 people found them all, another 2 found some but did not complete them all. There is enough loot for 4 more people, once that is found day 1's treats will no longer be valid.

Day 1's hint was: "The pumpkins lead the way, but you must be careful when you play. Their tricks are mean but their treats are great, can you see what's real and what's fake?"

Day two has officially started and the appropriate changes have been made.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am

Day #3 has started. Recap of day #2:

The tip of the day was "Pumpkins and pirates make a great match, if you search the water you might find their stash!"

There were 3 chests for today, 4 people found them all and 4 other people found some of them.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:46 am

Day #4 has started. Recap of day #3:

The tip of the day was "Take to the hills if you think yourself brave, the pumpkin's treasure can be found in a cave." Warning: Day #3's treat hunt is a multi-part one that is far more difficult than the ones before it. Expect to spend a while on this one.

Overall 8 people attempted to find the treat, 3 were successful(with one asking me for help in the end). If any of the remaining people who tried or anyone new who tries really gets stumped I can help - it really isn't hard if you think on it though.

Day #4 is staying with the format of a long hunt to find a single bigger treat but should be far easier with less riddles to avoid confusion. I'm almost positive everyone who attempts this will be able to do it with a little patience and reasoning.

P.S. Don't forget the costume party on Sunday! It will probably be happening around 8 PM CST if no one has a problem with that. Please, please let it be known if that won't work for you and you plan to show up.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:32 am

I could really use 2-3 volunteers. I need people who are creative, good with redstone and good at making unusual structures look good. Of course all 3 aren't necessary for each person but I have a few big projects left and I'm realizing I don't have enough time to do them on my own. The volunteers will be helping set up the costume party but will not be disqualified from participating. We could still use a third judge too, Spiff and I are currently going to be the ones doing the job.

I would also appreciate a quick PM from anyone who plans to participate in the costume party. I would also appreciate knowing whether Saturday or Sunday is better for you guys, I'll be horribly busy Saturday but I can probably manage hosting it if it's better for the majority.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:14 am

Day 4 recap:
The tip of the day was "Look behind you."

Overall 6 people attempted to find the treasure and 4 were successful.

Day 5 has not started yet. I'm absolutely exhausted and I will do it ASAP in the morning.

EDIT: I got a second wind and decided to do it but Scope and Spiff took over. They get credit for the hunt today, I hope everyone enjoys it.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Just a quick update letting everyone know that Day 5 has officially started. I forgot how much fun rhyming could be until I typed up the hints =3 Sorry if they're more cheesy than Wind's usually are. Good luck!

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 am

Spiff and Scope have asked to do the treat again so they will be left to it for another night.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborne on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Day 5 recap:
The tip of the day was "I keep the pumkins safe and sound. To the fields, my life is bound."
Overall, 4 people attempted to find the treasure and only 2 people were successful!

Day 6 is now underway! Hopefully, finding these treasures is as fun as setting them up was!

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:57 pm

The trick or treat stuff is on halt until a final big hunt on the 31st. Use this time to catch up if you're behind, there will only be 24 hours for the final hunt and you don't want to waste any time looking for the other treats.

Last edited by Wheeind on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 am

By request of the participants, a screenshot was taken during the costume contest, and this one turned out the best. Enjoy, and well done to all participants!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:53 pm

This is the last day. Either late tonight or early tomorrow morning things will be going back to normal. Not much more has changed but the treats and the corn maze are still around for anyone who hasn't done them.

Thanks to everyone who participated, I hope things like this in the future are just as successful.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cavetrekkr on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

So... is there going to be a big final hunt, like the notice on the pumpkin said?

Also, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who helped organize and run the festival! Great job with the treat hunts, Wind and Scope!
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am

cavetrekkr wrote:So... is there going to be a big final hunt, like the notice on the pumpkin said?

Also, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who helped organize and run the festival! Great job with the treat hunts, Wind and Scope!
There wasn't much of an interest in the last few days so I decided to let the event go quietly. Sorry. :(

And thanks, we tried.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum