» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Welcome to Nowhere

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to Nowhere

Post by Squii on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 am

Aeiou,canon short story, John Madden, enjoy.

Chapter 1 – The Guide
He found himself lying in a white room.
There were no corners, or they were indistinguishable in the ocean of white.
Looking around him he could see nothing but the whiteness surrounding him.
“Welcome back.” A familiar voice echoed in his mind.
He quickly got up, startled by the voice.
“There is no need to be afraid.” The voice said, the man looked around for the source of the voice with no result.
“Behind you.” The man quickly turned around to see a familiar face.
A man stood in front of him, he had long, platinum hair and purple eyes, scars could be seen in the parts of his body that weren’t covered by the full plate mail he wore, across his back was a huge two-handed sword.
Ragnar, he thought to himself.
“No.” The voice answered.
“Will I have to go over this again? I’m not Ragnar.”
“I have no idea what are you talking about Rag- whoever you are.” Answered the man.
He heard a sigh in his mind “Welcome to Nowhere, I’ll be your guide.”
“My name is Virgil, but your mind preferred to choose Ragnar’s appearance rather than my own.”
“You already visited me once, 5 years ago, but it seems you do not possess the memories of that event.”
“Now, shall we resume where we left off? You didn’t go very far but there’s no turning back now.”
“You never were one to lie to yourself anyway.”
“I’m sure your mind is overloaded with questions, but those cannot be answered by me.”
“Now, if you follow me we can proceed.” He raised his right hand and a simple white door appeared.
The armored man opened the door and went through, nothing could be seen in the other side.
He followed hesitantly.

Chapter 2 – The Bull
This room looked different than the first one, this time it was small and red, bones were scattered in the center of the room.
Then he noticed the red paint was fresh blood.
Virgil appeared beside him. “Here we are, your home for the last 5 years.”
“Last time you barely lasted any time here, you ran into it blindly and failed, maybe this time you’ll last more.”
“You should probably get ready.” The armored man disappeared.
The ground startled to rumble, and in the center of the room the bones started to swirl, some of the blood in the center of the room turned a darker color, the creature formed itself from bone, the blood holding it together, fire erupted in its eye sockets.
A bull.
He unsheathed his sword and waited for his opponent to charge, yet nothing happened.
He slowly approached the beast, the creature noticed him and looked towards him, the fire in his eyes reduced in intensity and it approached the man.
He gripped his sword tighter.
The beast rubbed his head against the man’s hand.
“Most peculiar.” Virgil appeared floating beside him.
“I guess you two really are familiar after all the time you’ve spent together, it is now a part of you.”
“But you’ll have to destroy it to proceed.”
He looked at the creature, the creature looked back at him, it understood.
It made his way towards the other way of the room, and the man to the opposite side, the platinum haired man was nowhere to be found.
The skeleton charged towards him, the fire in its eyes started to intensify and slowly envelop the creature as it made his way towards him.
“That’s where you failed in the first time.” A voice echoed in his mind.
He dodged to the side as the bull hit the wall, the beast shook his head, turned around and rubbed one of his hooves on the ground.
It charged again, this time the gap was to small for the man to dodge, one of the horns of the creature scratched his arm.
A burning sensation spread quickly on his arm, a few seconds later it was replaced with numbness, his mind got foggy and got filled with thoughts about charging blindly into the beast.
“Watch out, you probably won’t survive another one of those.”
The skeleton charged again, he threw himself on the ground, the bull almost hitting him again, but this time he hit the wall at full-speed, his horns drove deeply into the wall.
“How am I supposed to defeat this thing?!”
“You need to think.”
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?!”
“What happened before you arrived here?”
A storm of images flashed on his mind, the sword, the arm, the arrow, the fall… the vengeance.
The bull finally managed to unstuck itself, yet when he faced the man his arm was under his control again.
The man stared the beast in the eyes, the fires almost went out, the creature ran towards him at full-speed again.
The man sheathed his sword and waited, he saw as the flames enveloped the creature once again, but just as in the previous times, the horns weren’t lit on fire.
At the last second before the collision the man grabbed the skeleton’s horns.
He forced them down as the bull offered no resistance and slung himself on top of the beast’s back.
The flames were put out in the places where the man touched.
In a last attempt, the creature started struggling to try and get his enemy out of its back, but it had no effect.
The man pulled the horns up, the creature lifted its head, the sound of iron on iron was heard.
As the bones and the blood fell to the ground, the head stayed on the man’s hand.
Virgil appeared floating beside him.
“Might want to separate the head from the body, otherwise it’ll just get up again.”
He threw the skull across the room.
A whirlpool of blood started on the middle of the room, when it stopped the room was white, and all that was left were the two men and the bones.
“That was faster than I thought it would be, now shall we proceed?” Virgil lifted his hand once again and another white door appeared, he opened it and went through it.
The man followed.

Chapter 3 – The Balance
This room was white and big like the first one, except this one had a giant balance and a well in the “middle” of it.
Virgil appeared beside the balance. “Here we are, this one should be rather easy.”
“To proceed you need to pay a price, of course you already paid a far greater one, but Nowhere doesn’t know that, sadly you’ll have to do so again.”
The man walked up to the well and looked inside it, on its bottom he saw a red liquid, he looked at the armored man who nodded grimly.
He noticed the balance was weighed down at one side, almost touching the ground.
He unsheathed one of his daggers. “Watch out, the Well hungers, but if you get far from it, it’ll let you go.”
He cut a small cut on his wrist and lifted his hand over the well, a surprisingly big blood stream started to come out, and the man felt his energies as they started to drain.
He backed off the well and the bleeding stopped, he looked at the balance as it barely moved at all. Yet the well was one third of it’s maximum capacity. He walked back to the well and placed his hand over it once again. The steady scarlet stream started again, but this time as his energies where drained he stood there, what seemed like hours passed, and yet when he looked down the well it stayed at the same capacity. He could barely stand, but he did his best and moved away from it. Once again the balance barely moved.
“This… this isn’t possible… there’s no way I can survive this.”
Virgil’s voice echoed. “Yes.”
“What? So I’m just supposed to quit?”
“No, there is another way, but I’m not the one who’s supposed to discover it.”
The man looked around the room, yet there was nothing to be found other than the well and the balance.
He walked over to the balance and examined its lowest side.
In it stood a red flower.
His mind was invaded by images again.
The sound of liquid dripping, the freshly killed corpse, the hole, the carved affectionate face silently watching it all, hiding what once belonged to him, the red flower.
He shook his head and grabbed the flower.
He walked over the well and looked at the contents inside it, he held the flower above it and opened his hand, he watched as the flower slowly made it’s way to the blood inside, and when it touched it a loud noise was heard.
He looked behind him to notice that the balance was now equal on both sides.
Virgil appeared beside him smiling. “See, was it that hard?”
He lifted his hand and the outline of a door appeared in the middle of the balance, he opened it and walked through.
The man walked through valiantly.

Chapter 4 – The Unexpected Ally
Immediately after going through the door he felt as his energies drained from him.
The room was dark, with a dim blue glow barely lighting a path.
Virgil was beside him. “Huh that’s weird.”
He could barely talk.
“What- what do you mean?”
“Someone is supposed to be waiting for you here.”
He didn’t say a thing and they both waited for what seemed like minutes.
“That is truly odd, is there no one you counted on, no one dear to you? There’s no way you can get through this without someone else.”
The man shook his head weakly. “They’ve been all gone for a long time.”
The armored man looked surprised and sad at the same time. “I- I do not know of any other ways past this, I am truly sorry.”
The man thought for a while and then asked “Is there any way we could- go back?”
He slowly nodded, a sad look still on his face. “It is of no use though, there is no way around it.”
“That’s not what I intend to do.”
The look on Virgil’s face was replaced with interest, he lifted his hand and a golden door appeared. “Lead the way.”
The man feebly walked through the door followed by the heavy armored one.
As he arrived back in the room with the balance, he felt his energies returning to him, he looked behind him and noticed the once golden balance was now rusty, he continued to the other side of the room, Virgil following closely by his side.
“I need to go further back.”
“There is no e-” He stopped mid-sentence and made another white door appear.
When he entered the room again it was just as he left it, the body lying on one side and the skull on the other, he walked over to the skull. “Do you intend to-“
“No, it’s not what you’re thinking; I’m not taking the easy way out.”
He walked over to the rest of the remains and placed the skull on the ground beside them, the room rumbled as the skeleton raised once again.
Except this time when the flames lit themselves, one was blue, the other green.
“Guess you truly never left me.”
The creature looked at him, the man could see the new-found cleverness behind its eyes.
The beast rubbed its head against the man’s legs.
Virgil watched, trying to discover what the man was planning.
The man walked back to the door and opened it, he looked at the bull and it went through, with one last glance at the heavily-armored man he went through the door, the floating man hastily followed.
They walked through the next room and inside the rusty balance, he felt the energies leaving him once again, except this time; he had someone.
He climbed on top of the beast and the last of his energies left him as he laid limply on top of the beast. “Go.” He whispered to the beast, and it started to walk forward.
He quickly noticed he was in a labyrinth, except the creature seemed to know what the right path was and didn’t encounter a dead-end even once, as farther and farther they entered the labyrinth, his strength slowly returned to him and soon he could stand straight on his mount.
Virgil followed, floating right above them, a look of puzzle on his face.
Then he saw it, the door.
As soon as the man got out of the skeleton’s back, the bones collapsed to the ground, but the two fires stayed lit, and slowly floated upwards until they could not be seen anymore.
“You truly are an interesting man.”
This time, the man himself opened the door and went through, the armored man now following.

Chapter 5 – The End
The room was a white circle surrounded by darkness.
In the middle of the room was a throne, and a dark robed man sitting on it.
As much as he tried to look at the throne, he could not focus enough on it to see what it actually looked like, his attention would always go towards the man, sitting on it.
“I see you have finally arrived.”
Virgil appeared beside him. “Here we are, your last trial, it has been a pleasure being your guide, but all journeys must come to an end. You were one of the most interesting I met, but in this last challenge, you must find your own way.”
The man nodded at the armored man. “Thanks for the help.”
The floating man suddenly disappeared, and in the last glimpse he caught of his face, he seemed to look sad.
The robed man got up. “You did very well through your trials, but now you must stop struggling.” Two punching daggers appeared on his hand, seemingly out of nowhere.
The man unsheathed his sword, and charged the dark-clothed man. He parried his attack and counter-attacked, the man did the same.
Eventually the robed man started vanishing and appearing, except every time he knew where he would strike, none of the men managed to hit the other even once, and the fight seemed to go on longer for hours. The dark robed man stopped for a second. “You will never defeat me, accept your fate.”
“I will never-” The man stopped as he noticed something. “You are me.”
“And I am you.” The other man replied, grinning.
He sheathed his sword. “Come then.”
“I will make it as least painful as possible.”
The assassin examined the man for a second, and then hit at a very specific place.
The man felt as his legs gave up under him, but he noticed that the black robed man also fell to the ground, disappearing shortly after.
He noticed as the darkness on the borders of the room started getting closer and closer and as his vision started getting foggier and foggier.
Green roots came out of the ground and seemed to envelop him.
A familiar female figure walked on the distance towards him, watching him.
She almost looked like she was made of leaves.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
99999999999, end, discuss, did you like it, etc etc

Last edited by Squii on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome to Nowhere

Post by Sealand on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That was awesome Squii! Is there gonna be more?

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 pm

I concur! I loved it!

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Sealand wrote:
That was awesome Squii! Is there gonna be more?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've had a very big story planned for quite a while, a few people have seen chunks of it.
Over time my inspiration went away, and the quality of the writing started to quickly decline.
I decided to postpone it until I feel like I can write it at least decently due to the fact that, the events that were to happen in such are of EXTREME importance to my characters.
So yeah sorry, that isn't happening any time soon :P

I'm really glad you guys liked it though, feel free to message me on skype to try and understand what the fuck was going on in there.
Squii
Loot God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Squii wrote:
I've had a very big story planned for quite a while, a few people have seen chunks of it.
Over time my inspiration went away, and the quality of the writing started to quickly decline.
I decided to postpone it until I feel like I can write it at least decently due to the fact that, the events that were to happen in such are of EXTREME importance to my characters.

Basically my life story with Richards's story, but I decided to power through it.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Sealand wrote:

Basically my life story with Richards's story, but I decided to power through it.
Except my writing degraded to 5 year old level.
Squii
Loot God

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:35 pm

I thought it was awesome, Squii! There were a few sections where I was like "Wait...what just happened?" but all-in-all I thought it was fantastic!
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 am

I'll just leave this here:

Come, sir, come, all trouble; my peace defy,
Until I wither, I withered lie.
The foe oft-times having the foe in sight,
Is tired with standing though he never fight.
Off with that burden, your eternal punishment
Unforgiving, but a far fairer man concealing.
Unpin that spangled breastplate which you wear,
That th' harm of blind fools may be stopped there.
Free yourself, from the harmonious chime
Tells me from you that now it is deep sleep time.
You who seek to recieve and merit fame,
And justly bear a hunter's noble name,
Be sure your self and your own reach to know,
How far your genius, skill, and learning go;
Launch not beyond your depth, but be discreet,
And mark that point where sense and dullness meet.
Nature to all things fixed the limits fit,
And wisely curbed proud man's pretending wit,
Avoid extremes; and shun the fault of such,
Who still are pleased too little or too much,
Thou, who survived the fall,
Left behind the warm fires of the hall,
Thy, who crawls in pain,
Looking undearneath me; for peace; in vain,
Trying to lie,
Beside your strongest tie,
Fill the missing part,
Of the incarnate bark,