» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

New Cerberus working opportunities.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Cerberus working opportunities.

Post by Wheeind on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:07 am

Hello citizens and foreigners interested in work opportunities. This thread is dedicated to finding workers and builders to further the progress of New Cerberus and other associated projects.

To cut straight to the point, workers will be doing clearing/long-term gathering and don't really require much outside of basic competence to not screw up simple orders. Post saying you want to be a worker and I will contact you ASAP with information about available jobs and payment.

Workers will be paid iron for a job or two but will be given an opportunity to start earning diamonds, gold or whatever else within reason. Consider it a promotion for people who want a long-term job instead of a way to kill 20 minutes some time.

Builders will have to apply and show examples of their work. If you applied as a builder last map, were accepted and wish to build for us again just say so. There is no need to fill out the application/provide proof of your work again.

Examples of things we need built:

Ships
Housing
Public buildings(shops, docking areas, other small projects)
Parks
Roads(mostly long-distance ones going out of the town)

Builder application:
Why do you want to build for New Cerberus?

What type of building do you want to do for us?

What type of building do you specialize in/what influences your building style?

Are you comfortable having your work critiqued and are you willing to hold yourself to New Cerberus' high standards regardless of what you're building?

Proof of your work:

Take a screenshot of something you've built and show it to us. Simple as that.

I'm looking forward to seeing who is interested in helping us out and getting rich in the process.

People accepted through this thread:

Builders:
Oddwarf(Ships)
Tengard(Sewers)
Chipset(Still under evaluation)
Spiff(General building)

Workers:

Other contracts:

Morrak in representation of ITC(Roads leaving the city.)

Last edited by Wheeind on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 am; edited 3 times in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: New Cerberus working opportunities.

Post by Tengard on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 am

I'm interested, as always, of helping out NC. I believe you remember that I could do large-temple-things and sewers...but not houses.... That has yet to change.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 am

Tengard wrote:I'm interested, as always, of helping out NC. I believe you remember that I could do large-temple-things and sewers...but not houses.... That has yet to change.
You're still on for building the sewers. The roads have to be built first though. You could help us clear the land if you want to get to doing that faster. ;)

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 am

*Snaps to attention* AYE-AYE Sir! When, I'm free, direct me to the obtrusive land and I'll do my best.

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfkid0 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Builder application: ~Morrak
Why do you want to build for New Cerberus? I want to help the ITC Guild and also regain the trust I once had in order to possibly become a citizen of NC.

Roads of course. Clearing is quite fun, and I get to see cool places that are possible build spots for the future.
What type of building do you specialize in/what influences your building style? Roads, small homes, and I can also deepen lakes/ rivers.

Are you comfortable having your work critiqued and are you willing to hold yourself to New Cerberus' high standards regardless of what you're building? Yes, I even critique my-self.

wolfkid0
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:34 pm

wolfkid0 wrote:Builder application: ~Morrak
Why do you want to build for New Cerberus? I want to help the ITC Guild and also regain the trust I once had in order to possibly become a citizen of NC.

Roads of course. Clearing is quite fun, and I get to see cool places that are possible build spots for the future.
What type of building do you specialize in/what influences your building style? Roads, small homes, and I can also deepen lakes/ rivers.

Are you comfortable having your work critiqued and are you willing to hold yourself to New Cerberus' high standards regardless of what you're building? Yes, I even critique my-self.

Accepted.

Roads will be a job for the future. I'll contact you when I feel the town and the world around it is established well enough that roads are necessary/beneficial. It will probably be a week or two.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfkid0 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Pleasure to be working in the future. I enjoy building roads and clearing areas for them a lot. Thanks.
wolfkid0
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 am

Builder application: Chipset3 - Lorormenth
I have been impressed by your City hall and i would like to help, ive quit from the Hearthfire Build Team (I will not say wil unless you want to know)and i am now looking for work this is the first place i have looked to due to your large and open spaces and styles.

What ever you want me to build, what ever you need. Im more than happy building Parks, Houses, Guild Halls, Libarys, etc.

Proof of your work:
Look at Hearthfire High street, Temple and Mine

Big and small buildings, High and Low detail. Nothing really dose only the materials i have available do.

Are you comfortable having your work critiqued and are you willing to hold yourself to New Cerberus' high standards regardless of what you're building?
...Yes

chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by spiffzombie on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 am

Builder application: Spiff

I have lived in Cerberus since i joined the server and i would like to contribute to the town that i live in and will continue to live in.

I can lay out a living area that includes roads, parks, and plots (I did this in the original Cerberus lower class area, I do not have a screen shot of it). I mostly do clearing jobs and wood cutting, I have been doing this kind of work since I joined the server.

I can build a pretty nice windmill :D.

sure.

spiffzombie
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:34 am

I would just like to quickly add that I would love some help with working out buildings for the residential district. If I see builders suited for the job, I'd certainly appreciate a helping hand with planning and construction of new homes for the citizens of New Cerberus. However, I'm a bit picky with architecture, so here are some guidelines and requirements:

- The house must be laid out completely in advance, with screenshots from singleplayer. I'm sorry, but I won't simply be accepting screenshots of previous works, I need the blueprints in front of me.
- The buildings need at least 100 sq. ft. of space inside. Shouldn't be much of an issue if the building is large enough. Speaking of which...
- Should be fairly large and spacious. Basements, additional floors optional.
- Most importantly, it needs to look good. Simple rule, but probably the most difficult part of this whole thing.

If any talented builders are interested in seeing their homes built in the residential district, send me a PM with the screenshots, and we'll talk.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zpallin on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:37 am

BlazeZeroThree wrote:...

I would like to suggest, to whoever will be taking on this project, to consider doing colonial era european complex buildings like:
Zagreb, Croatia
zpallin
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:56 am

I want to contribute because just sitting around is boring.

Ships!

I specialize in whatever I spend my time building. I've built a few ships in Singleplayer before, mostly so that I could fly them around with the Zeppelin mod, and I've improved since I built a ship in Old Cerberus.

Yes! Critique makes me better!

Proof of your work:
PREPARE FOR BROADSIDE!
- But Captain, we have no cannons!
Cannons, the seven seas and most of the interior not included in the photos. I fixed the exterior today, that is the hull, sails, deck and half of the captain's cabin, and I'll maybe have time for the interior later this week, but I'm afraid I don't have much time for building in this weekend... I spent a few hours on this and I still have to figure out a way to make pretty cannons. If I can't come up with anything, I can just make dispensers with piston doors in front of them. Should work fine.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 am

Oddwarf wrote:Why do you want to build for New Cerberus?
I want to contribute because just sitting around is boring.

Ships!

I specialize in whatever I spend my time building. I've built a few ships in Singleplayer before, mostly so that I could fly them around with the Zeppelin mod, and I've improved since I built a ship in Old Cerberus.

Yes! Critique makes me better!

Proof of your work:
PREPARE FOR BROADSIDE!
- But Captain, we have no cannons!
Cannons, the seven seas and most of the interior not included in the photos. I fixed the exterior today, that is the hull, sails, deck and half of the captain's cabin, and I'll maybe have time for the interior later this week, but I'm afraid I don't have much time for building in this weekend... I spent a few hours on this and I still have to figure out a way to make pretty cannons. If I can't come up with anything, I can just make dispensers with piston doors in front of them. Should work fine.

Definitely accepted. The market district will be finished soon and when it is we can get you to work on filling out the port.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull Sphinx on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:37 am

Would I be able to open a "Wood Crafting" shop? Since I'm an elf, I want to have a wood shop, all kinds of wood and I could be contracted out to make things! :D
Skull Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:43 am

Skull Sphinx wrote:Would I be able to open a "Wood Crafting" shop? Since I'm an elf, I want to have a wood shop, all kinds of wood and I could be contracted out to make things! :D

Sure. I've been really sick this week and everything is a bit mixed up but I'll set you up asap.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am

New Cerberus needs workers to help expand. I'll be paying very well for any help over the next couple of weeks. Just PM me if you've already applied or send in an application if you haven't and I'll put you to work.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum