Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Call for Builders - Hearthfire Needs Buildings

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Call for Builders - Hearthfire Needs Buildings

Post by cavetrekkr on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 am

I think that the citizen registry and map/directory would be better off in the town hall; that would be the most logical place for them (make sure to put the names of the citizens and not players' usernames).

About your postal service, I think that would be fun. Using signed books as letters would work; just put the recipient's name in the title. Unsigned books could be used for back-and-forth correspondence, although the postal carrier wouldn't necessarily know who to send it to...
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Ok, heres an idea In the housing sector there will be a area where there is the name of everyone and there house number. If you wanted to send something to some one put it in ur chest and above it put who you would liek to send it to. OR at the house you have a mail box there leave a sign with the persons name who you want it to go to.
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 pm

chipset3363 wrote:Ok, heres an idea In the housing sector there will be a area where there is the name of everyone and there house number. If you wanted to send something to some one put it in ur chest and above it put who you would liek to send it to. OR at the house you have a mail box there leave a sign with the persons name who you want it to go to.

Or leave a chest outside of their house and private it for them.
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by cavetrekkr on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 am

Spinning off of both your ideas, here are my complete thoughts:

Mail Delivery System
Signed books method: Write your letter in a book, and sign the book with the recipient's name. Then leave it in your mailbox, or at the post office if there is one.
Unsigned books method: Put the recipient's and your names on the first page of your book-letter as To:/From: items, and write the message starting on page 2. Then leave it in your mailbox, or at the post office if there is one.

Post Office (Optional):
The post office contains a single chest for each person. Mail that goes into it will be delivered on the next postal run. For more security, the chests can be locked, and an attendant would handle putting the mail into the boxes.

Mailboxes
Everyone will need a mailbox (chest) in front of their house, clearly marked "Mailbox" (it should be readable from the street). Incoming mail will be delivered and outgoing mail picked up, if any. For more security, the box can be locked, with permission given to the mail carrier(s).

P.O. Boxes
An alternative method to mailboxes would be to centralize the mail at the post office and handle all delivery and pickup there.

Ideally, all mail is protected by law (server rules) and should not be intercepted by anyone, except for RP purposes with permission. I currently have an unlocked box outside my house that I am using for smithing work orders as well as mail.
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 am

I have a design that we could use for the mailboxes, also, I'm sure TeHatter will be happy to be the carrier, since he ran a post office on the last map.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfkid0 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Would we be able to go to the post offi e to pick up our mail? I also assume we can mail items to right? Or do we handle that personaly?
wolfkid0
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm

wolfkid0 wrote:Would we be able to go to the post offi e to pick up our mail? I also assume we can mail items to right? Or do we handle that personaly?

I'm sure that we could mail items, depending on what it is, and the quantity of it.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfkid0 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 am

Ok then. One last question. Would you charge to mail things?
wolfkid0
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:53 am

I think people are setting up some sort of payment for mailing, I believe it's 1 iron for an in town delivery, and 5 iron out of town or something like that.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfkid0 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Your IGN: Morrak/wolfkid0
Building experience: I am extremely good at clearing things, small houses, tripwires, and some farm building exp.
Your Build Idea: I actually just want to help build already thought up buildings that people need help building or don't have the time to.
wolfkid0
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by cavetrekkr on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:42 am

My post office plan:
-Revision I-

Improved Front:
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Improved Side:
Spoiler:
Lobby:
Spoiler:
Improved Rafters:
Spoiler:
Postal Staff Area:
Spoiler:
Safe-Deposit Room:
Spoiler:
Improved Ceiling:
Spoiler:
Public Mailbox Room:
Spoiler:

The idea is that each citizen is assigned a Public box, to which anyone can deposit letters or items. You can then pick up your mail or (maybe) let the post office deliver it. You can also rent a Safe-Deposit box for a small fee (I propose 1 iron/day), which can be privated with whomever. The mail clerk also sells blank books for letters and accepts items for out-of-town delivery.

Last edited by cavetrekkr on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 am

I like it, big thumbs up!
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TeHatter on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 am

Since I will most likely be the postman in Hearthfire, I'd like to put in my two cents. Honestly, I love the inside, and I do like the P.O. Boxes, aside from the fact that I don't really want it to be the only option for mail. As for the outside, I do like it, although it looks kind of plain and like it would be difficult to distinguish from houses in the neighborhood.
TeHatter
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 am

I like it, however, Hatter brings up a good point. Maybe a fancier roof? Decorations around it, etc.
It has to stand out more.

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by cavetrekkr on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 am

I'll keep these suggestions in mind as I improve it; I should have a revised design posted soon. Improved design pics added. I think that the exterior has a slight Eastern feel to it. Because of the new roof design, I took out the old cobble ceiling and added a few more rafters.

TeHatter wrote:Honestly, I love the inside, and I do like the P.O. Boxes, aside from the fact that I don't really want it to be the only option for mail.
Not quite sure what you mean there. Assuming that house mailboxes are unlocked, a person could deliver messages individually. However, for larger/multiple/long-distance deliveries, a trip to the post office becomes necessary. The public boxes are unlocked but each citizen has their own; one can pick up their own mail or wait for it to be delivered (assuming that you are providing this service). Safe-deposit boxes are privateable for a fee; these will have to be manually checked.

This is just the system that I came up with as I was building. I suppose we could put up an empty building and you decide how the mail system works?
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TeHatter on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 am

I'd like that a lot. Again, not that I dislike the P.O. Box system, I just figured that for around town delivering mail directly to peoples' houses would be more convenient. As for the revised design, I really do like it. Nice job.
TeHatter
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum