Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

What happens next

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What happens next

Post by Sealand on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 am

So for those not keeping in, the map has been... crippled, for lack of a better term.

Our only copy of the map is from before it was open to the public. So before New Cerberus was built, before Horizon, etc. The only constructions on it are Jocc's buildings of the ruins of the old map.

So this leaves us with only a few options. Do not worry about the lore, it will be covered for each option. Also, as a note, Frazzmore will become the new spawn, with a Proving Grounds around it monitored by Admins and Moderators.

---

A. We start from scratch again on this map.

Meaning we start ALL over. To me, this goes two ways. We can either restart as two towns once again. Or be condensed into one, mega city-kingdom of sorts, with a council.

B. A select few, likely only moderators and admins, are given free roam with Creative Mode to attempt to rebuild the map like it once was.

Self explanatory. Likely Lore reason is 'nothing happened'(Not confirmed with Faelar). The problem with this one is that people who've built massive projects will not desire to build them again. Also, please note we can't actually FORCE moderators and admins to do this.

---

Please make your case on why you pick one over the other.

Edit: For those who're wondering about the Proving Ground area.

The 'Proving Grounds' will be an OOC town around a worldguarded Mount Frazzmore where new members will wait until they get accepted into a town and inducted into RP. Alternatively, they can just wander in the wilderness until then.

---

Sealand wrote:Multiple cities wins 12:2.

We will go back to our old system, leaving Wind's kingdom system for a possible later date.

First two towns that PM me a list of at least 5 of their members as well as the name of their town gets a 'free town'. Afterwards, towns will need to be made following the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Once the server is up, which it shall be soon, locations will be picked for these towns.

Thank you to those that voted.

Last edited by Sealand on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:11 am; edited 4 times in total
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Re: What happens next

Post by Tengard on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:33 am

I choose the second option. I would gladly donate my time helping the server rebuild what was lost. I fell in love with New Cerb, and even Horizon, the way they were... I guess I'm just a little bit sentimental.

Either way, I will do what I can to help. No matter what choice is made I will try and make the best of it.

As long as the sewers are mine.... ;P

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:37 am

My vote is for restarting from scratch. This DOES have an RP reason, but I'd rather have Faelar explain it thoroughly because that's his territory.

My first reason is that no one really wants to build the buildings they did AGAIN.

My other reason is that I like the single-city idea. that's why I came up with it. My plan is for everyone to be condensed into one area where everyone can RP and it wouldn't be extremely weird to see one person coming in at random. No fault to the mayor of Horizon, but there was little RP there, and thus everyone went to RP in New Cerberus.

DoT has tried and tried again to work with several towns at it doesn't work. No town is able to handle the weight Cerberus can. Before Horizon, there was Duskville, Sanctuary, Risen, and even Dawn bay which had all failed to be the successful hub Cerberus is. This isn't to single out the leaders of New Cerberus, I actually want them to be a part of the head of this city-kingdom in a council.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:38 am

Likely Lore reason is 'nothing happened'(Not confirmed with Faelar).

Yeah, pretty much.

I'm going to abstain. Either option would be fine with me. I may cast my vote with the first option, however, if a tie surfaces or the like.

If Option A is chosen, the loreboard will have a chapter added to explain everything, as per usual.

I do see a small problem with option B. Horizon was about to undergo some major modifications before the map went down, and I don't think they'd want structures that they were going to take down anyway to be reassembled, and it would be odd to use creative mode to "rebuild" new structures that did not exist. If option B is chosen anyway, I will try to help with creative mode, but I'll need some guidance on what needs rebuilding- I would not call myself good at building.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:06 am

There'd be a colossal amount of work for me if option B is chosen, since I've ended up working on a great deal of NC. If people are willing to help out with that respect and can remember the building designs down to the last few blocks, then I'll be happy to vote on B. Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure about which option I'll choose.

As for the single-city idea, I think it'd be pretty interesting to see put into action, since there'd be some strange political games put into play. It'd also submerge those who aren't very involved with RP into the action, though I'm not entirely sure this is good or bad. Our two-city system ran pretty cleanly, though.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:15 am

I choose option A, I believe rebuilding from scratch would be quite fun,Things can be layed out better if built from scratch, either way this goes, it doesn't really matter to me, for I will participate either way.

Last edited by nighttiger1000 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:17 am

I prefer things the way they were to the idea of a single city. I don't know how I feel about option B but if it's chosen I'll happily do my part to rebuild all I can of NC, everything may not be exactly as it was but I'm sure we can get darn close. I remember how almost all of it was excluding a couple houses so all it will take is time. Between Tengard, Blaze and I we can probably do it in a week of ~2 hours a day.

To appeal to Peace's post above: Maybe we could do the creative idea but change a few things? I assume we will be restarting with no/few items so I don't think it's that unreasonable for us to change it up a little. NC could change our tavern as we have discussed for example.

I'm not sure if changes like that would be ok with the community or not but I'm just putting it out there.

So my vote goes to option B for now. I may consider option A without the kingdom/mega city but I don't know..

Last edited by Wheeind on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:20 am

I chose option 1 because honestly, there was A LOT of work put into that map. If someone wants a big project that they were working on brought back, I'm fine with that, but I think scratch would be best.

As Fae stated, Horizon was aboot to undergo some changes, and this does work out well for them. I also suppose that NC would also like to undergo some changes as well, even just little ones, like moving someone's house a block or two back to make some fancy path or something, I don't know.

I also vote for the one big mega-city, but split into sections. Upper class, middle, lower, all that fun stuff. That way, it's still one town, easily organized, everyone will be there, and it will still feel as if it's not all together.

My other reasoning behind one city, is well... Every other town besides Cerberus fails terribly. I'm talking to Peace right now, and he even agrees with me on this. So yeah.

TL;DR: Start from scratch, one big city, everyone loves Cerberus.

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:25 am

BlazeZeroThree wrote:It'd also submerge those who aren't very involved with RP into the action, though I'm not entirely sure this is good or bad.
People could still be OOC and be in the city. I'd assume their homes would be considered NPC houses, and just there. Then again, this would be up to the cities council.

BlazeZeroThree wrote:
Our two-city system ran pretty cleanly, though.
Except for the fact that Horizon literally became only three people soon enough. Sidhiel, Peace, and Gabriel. Even then, all three came and roleplayed in Cerberus rather than their own town.

Another thing I forgot to mention. The single-city would just be a starting city. Eventually, other cities would be able to come in with either good or bad intentions. I just do not believe Dawn of Time has the numbers to actively sustain more than one city, maybe eventually. Of course, following all the needed rules and hoops to create one.

AS WELL. If option 1 is chosen, another vote will be held between multiple cities once more or the mega city.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:28 am

I wrote an entire reply and the forum didn't post it. *unhappy face*

I like starting from scratch, but may I make a suggestion for the "one massive city" idea? It kinda builds off of Scope's idea: Split the guard up into sections as well? A city guard as well as an outer limits/wilderness guard? You know, to keep track of what's going on around the town. I dunno. This is IF we end up going with the "massive city" idea.

I'm a tad bit upset that Horizon's buildings are being scrapped, and we were gonna try to make the town a bit more active, but honestly, I don't think that's going to work. I'd love for it to, but...everything's New Cerb now. And everyone's in New Cerb. Yeah. I had some ideas for Horizon (RP-wise), but if we get smurged into one massive city...Ah well, c'est la vie. I'm happy either way! Keeping them separate might be fun!

*grabs shovel and pickaxe* Let's get this party started!

Last edited by AJ.Wisteria on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:28 am

Sealand wrote:
I just do not believe Dawn of Time has the numbers to actively sustain more than one city, maybe eventually. Of course, following all the needed rules and hoops to create one.
As I had discussed a bit before we started having problems I kind of felt like both towns were preparing for us to start getting people again, I don't think population will be an issue once we get things going again.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:39 am

Wheeind wrote:
Sealand wrote:
I just do not believe Dawn of Time has the numbers to actively sustain more than one city, maybe eventually. Of course, following all the needed rules and hoops to create one.
As I had discussed a bit before we started having problems I kind of felt like both towns were preparing for us to start getting people again, I don't think population will be an issue once we get things going again.

Yes, I like the idea of keeping both towns, I think it would be great, a lot of rebuilding would take place, but in a way, I think it can benefit both towns, especially since Horizon was going through a huge rebuilding process, and we can build a better route between the two towns.

Last edited by nighttiger1000 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:41 am

I would go for A; as the moderators/admins would probably get tired over all the work AND my whole place would not get made :( so, might aswell start again.
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:47 am

AJ.Wisteria wrote:I like starting from scratch, but may I make a suggestion for the "one massive city" idea? It kinda builds off of Scope's idea: Split the guard up into sections as well? A city guard as well as an outer limits/wilderness guard?

Someone asked about splitting up the guard between Horizon(Who has no guard, honestly) and New Cerberus'. I must say I like this idea better, but that would be up to the city officials.

Wheeind wrote:
Even beforehand we never had enough people to actively populate more than one city. Not to mention what we've been through.
Destroying our old map, being delayed coming to the new map, multiple different server problems, Frazz leaving, and we still may have a security problem by the time we get up again.

Another thing that Scope brought to my attention. Our server has a lot of lore history. It's INCREDIBLY intimidating, and we're reaching the final stages of 'Season one of roleplay'. Think of it like a show. No one joins in at a finale, or if they do they at least watch the beginning episodes, unlike a show however, they can't go back and watch stuff. Fae's loreboard does a good job of keeping up with what's happening in the sort of 'main questline', but DoT is as much building our own characters along it. Something that DOESN'T get written down. I'm not calling out Faelar, because his job isn't to get down everyone's development.

'Once we get things going again' would likely happen by the time Season 2 starts to roll in. Then, and I believe Scope agrees with me on this, we can actually safely start pulling in members. Currently, I just want to keep the ones we have.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:50 am

Another thing that Scope brought to my attention. Our server has a lot of lore history. It's INCREDIBLY intimidating, and we're reaching the final stages of 'Season one of roleplay'. Think of it like a show. No one joins in at a finale, or if they do they at least watch the beginning episodes, unlike a show however, they can't go back and watch stuff. Fae's loreboard does a good job of keeping up with what's happening in the sort of 'main questline', but DoT is as much building our own characters along it. Something that DOESN'T get written down. I'm not calling out Faelar, because his job isn't to get down everyone's development.

That reminds me, if anyone suggests the idea of starting lore over, I WILL flip shit. But yes, the main plotline is not what everything has to revolve around- its just there. Individual character development and development between characters is just as entertaining and important.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:03 am

Should the option of a mega-city be chosen (I assume we'll be doing that by vote), then I have a few questions: How will leadership be chosen? Will leaders by appointed by some VIP council, or a general nomination and top-3 (or whatever) majority vote? How will power be shared, and how will construction work and such? There's a ton of nuances that we'll have to deal with when it comes to forcing a universal city customs and practices.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superscope1 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:51 am

BlazeZeroThree wrote:How will leadership be chosen? Will leaders by appointed by some VIP council, or a general nomination and top-3 (or whatever) majority vote? How will power be shared, and how will construction work and such? There's a ton of nuances that we'll have to deal with when it comes to forcing a universal city customs and practices.

Leadership shall be chosen by voters, as that is the most fair. But to be honest, I believe we don't have that many people that would like to run... Look at NC and Horizon. You and Wind for NC, and Me, Peace, and Kairus. That's 5 of us on council right there (If everyone agrees, kind of thing). Power would be shared in sections, such as having Wind take care of upper class, Kairus for lower, Peace for middle, you in charge of construction and RnD, that kind of thing.

That's all I really have "planned out" with it. Of course, once we get more players, we can expand to new cities as well, and we'll have to persuade people to actually keep it active.

superscope1
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:55 am

I'm also fine with either option.
If A was chosen I'd love to see how the mega-city would turn out.
And if B was chosen I'd gladly help to rebuild New Cerberus.
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:10 am

BlazeZeroThree wrote:There's a ton of nuances that we'll have to deal with when it comes to forcing a universal city customs and practices.

We can deal with a ton of nuances now, or we can deal with the multiple ghost towns like we had on the main map later. One of the reasons, I might add, that pushed us into adopting a new map.

I'd assume the position automatically taken up by Peace, Animus, Wind, and POSSIBLY Dio. In character, not talking about OOC. If you need a reason IC, I would suggest the fact that DoT needs to be brought together to actually do damage to the Overlich instead of split up like it always has been.

Everything else would be up to the council. Whether you want to have votes on how construction should work or what have you. It was my idea, but I don't want to strap you all in handcuffs and tell you what to do.

Sealand

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:30 am

Sealand wrote:
BlazeZeroThree wrote:There's a ton of nuances that we'll have to deal with when it comes to forcing a universal city customs and practices.

We can deal with a ton of nuances now, or we can deal with the multiple ghost towns like we had on the main map later. One of the reasons, I might add, that pushed us into adopting a new map.

I'd assume the position automatically taken up by Peace, Animus, Wind, and POSSIBLY Dio. In character, not talking about OOC. If you need a reason IC, I would suggest the fact that DoT needs to be brought together to actually do damage to the Overlich instead of split up like it always has been.

Everything else would be up to the council. Whether you want to have votes on how construction should work or what have you. It was my idea, but I don't want to strap you all in handcuffs and tell you what to do.

I completely agree, may as well face these things sooner than later.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaborgium on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:52 am

Though I'm a bit late, I chose option A. I feel like rebuilding from scratch would be a fun opportunity, though some people may disagree.
Seaborgium
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 am

Seaborgium wrote:Though I'm a bit late, I chose option A. I feel like rebuilding from scratch would be a fun opportunity, though some people may disagree.
The thing is we had just gotten through the process of rebuilding from scratch. I'm not totally against it, just hesitant to go through it all again if it can be avoided.

Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:34 am

i think i would choose A, since it would give the cities the chance to merge closer together if it is decided to make them one. i would also vote to merge NC and horizon since as others have stated, NC attracts a good deal of attention from other towns
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by cavetrekkr on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 am

I'll chip in my thoughts:
If we go with A, I think that there should be a single town until we have enough active players to keep that town going while a few others start a new one.

If we go with B, I would be happy to help with reconstruction efforts.
cavetrekkr
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:39 am

superscope1 wrote: But to be honest, I believe we don't have that many people that would like to run... Look at NC and Horizon. You and Wind for NC, and Me, Peace, and Kairus. That's 5 of us on council right there (If everyone agrees, kind of thing)

Just kinda saw an uneven number, and if, yeah know... Ya wanted everything to be all fair and square, I'd happily but my name up for consideration. Maybe a little cozy junior position?? ;)

But as this conversation goes on the thought of one massive city does get more appealing...

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum