» ..o_o
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 am by Faelar Laelither

» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Taking Newcomers for Pathfinder campaign!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking Newcomers for Pathfinder campaign!

Post by Darkborne on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 am

Oyo.... Some of you may know me, others of you probably don't. I'm Darkborne, I'm an admin on the server.

I'm gonna make this quick, I'm offering enrollment for a pathfinder campaign. Yes I realize I'm running another already. No I'm not talking about that one. I'm offering a new campaign I have written that's shorter, but better written than the saturday campaign has been offered. And I'm offering spaces for those of you who feel left out. Newbies are just as welcome as vets, as long as you're WILLING to learn. Simple as that.

If you want to play, and haven't been able to get in to a campaign to learn, now's your opportunity.

Keep in mind several things:

-This campaign is not for the weak of heart. If you're uncomfortable with notions of murder, sexual debasement, slavery, racism, corruption ect ect, I would suggest you not apply. Seriously, if I gave this to my saturday group, they'd shit themselves hysterical. I'm putting you in a world that's got a lot wrong with it, and you're going to be put face to face with a lot of it. It's up to the players to decide how they impact that world (positively or negatively, but to be honest you won't be dealing with these issues all the time. You'll have plenty of light-hearted moments to balance this shit out, and there's plenty of opportunity to enjoy the pleasures of life through this campaign, But the bad times WILL get BAD. You've been warned.)... Which brings me to....

-I encourage differences. You wanna be the good guy? No problem. You want to be an evil character? No problem. Any backstories, character types are accepted within reason. (You still have to submit your sheet to me before your character gets accepted, but I'm not a strict guy when it comes to creativity. In fact, the more creative your character is, the more likely you are to experience awesomeness).

-If you're a newbie, no problem. As long as you have a good attitude about learning the ropes, I'm willing to take you on.

-If you know you're going to be too busy to play too much, please wait for a shorter campaign. I have some training sessions being written up for the purpose of single-session crash courses. If you think you can manage it, please let me know in advance if it'll be hectic. It'll help me plan better. Plllleeeease let me know!

- These sessions will be held over skype. Voice chat is a plus, but not necessary, as long as you can listen in on the conversation.

-Ground rules for in-game conduct and such will be dealt with at a later time.

-So, I mentioned earlier you're going to be dealing with a lot of ugliness that's inherent in society. The reason for this is while my first and primary goal is to entertain you, this campaign WILL make you think. I WANT it to make you think. I'm going to challenge your alignment, your morals, and frankly your sense of self. I don't expect you to agree with me on everything (in fact, for the purposes of this campaign I have no opinion on any of these issues). This goes beyond the philosophy inherent in the different paths of the campaign, and bleeds into combat, and even intra-group interactions. The more you think out of the box, the better... this brings me to...

- I will not spoon feed you the campaign, nor will I bludgeon you with it. By this I mean I will not create a no-lose or no-win situation.... EVER. It's one of my absolute top pet peeves with RPs. You will not have some all-powerful deity-like individual holding your hand, nor will you have those hands tied behind your back while a clan of orcs cock-slaps you into submission. You will be given a fair, and challenging experience, with just as much of an opportunity to win as to lose. Of this you have my solemn, unbreakable word. Things may seem dire at times, but for those of you with a quick mind and a clever hand will see that opportunities for success exist EVERYWHERE, even in the bleakest of circumstance. That being said...

-It is possible to die, or to lose the campaign. Because I won't give you a no-win situation where victory is impossible, I cannot give you a situation where losing is impossible. So plan your characters well, and keep extras on-hand, and keep THINKING. (That being said, if you die, that's by no means the end of the campaign for you, just possibly your character.)

-Side-Note: That things about not coddling you guys? Applies to newbies too. Trust me, you won't need it. The campaign starts simple to ease you in, by the time things get tough, you'll be knowledgeable enough to handle yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hokay! So here's what you need to join up.

Name/Skype name (You may private message this, but please post a version of your application here for record keeping purposes. You may take the name out of the thread version.

Age : Keep in mind that if you're 11, 12 this may not be the campaign for you. You'll be dealing with a lot of adult issues.

Schedule/Days available So I can coordinate between the group.

Past Experience Any tabletop RPG experience (DnD, Pathfinder, Star Wars Renegade, ect ect). Remember, it's no problem if you're new. Don't hesitate to tell me.

Why do you want to be in the campaign? There's no real wrong answer here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind I only have space for 5-6 people. I may stick to 5. I look forward to hearing from all you!

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Newcomers for Pathfinder campaign!

Post by TeHatter on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 am

Name/Skype name: You have me added on Skype.

Schedule/Days available: Monday-Friday after 1:00 P.M. Central Time.
Past Experience Any tabletop RPG experience: None, actually. I never actually got around to trying it out, even though I really, really want to.

Why do you want to be in the campaign?: I'd really like to try my hand at tabletop games. I think it'd improve my skills at RPing, as well as giving me ideas as to how to properly make my Persona tabletop game.
TeHatter
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:00 am

Name/Skype name:Peace Birchwood (You already know that XD)

Schedule/Days available: Umm, normally anytime during the week (Somtimes on the weekends but it depends.) just not past 9pm.

Past Experience: Well, I've done Dungeons and Dragons, Star Wars, and Warhammer

Why do you want to be in the campaign? Haven't done tabletop Rping in a while, and Pathfinder sounds interesting.

Last edited by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 am

Name/Skype name: I'm sure you're familiar with it.

Schedule/Days: After 2PM PST on weekdays, most of the day on weekends. Random events may pop up, but I will give advance notice.

Past Experience Any tabletop RPG experience: You're familiar with this, I'm sure. Pathfinder, DoT, a touch of DnD and MnM.

Why do you want to be in the campaign? I like RP'ing!

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgement_weasel on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:52 am

Name/ Skype name: Usually Captain Chris Taylor, or some variation of that, as you know.

Schedule/ Days: Usually about 3PM to 3AM (central timezone). Only avalible seven days of the week, though.

Past Experience: I've participated in just about all of the DoT pathfinder campaigns.

Why do you want to be in the campaign? Pathfinder is tons of fun, and I'd love to see another of your campaigns.

Last edited by Judgement_weasel on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Judgement_weasel
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborne on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:59 am

Peace, Chris, I need to know what days you're available to coordinate ^^;

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:52 am

Name/Skype seth.mars is my skype, you already have me added.

Schedule/Days available Every day is likely to be doable for me, time is an issue though. I'm very rarely available before 6:30 pm CST and on the weekends it may be a bit later. I will understand if I have to be excluded because of this. Weekends are worse than week days but if it comes down to it I can find a way to show up.

Past Experience Any tabletop RPG experience
None at all. I've wanted to give it a go for years(long before DoT) but never had an opportunity to do so. I'm a fast learner if I'm allowed to ask a few dumb questions.

Why do you want to be in the campaign? As said above I've always wanted to do something of this nature but I've never had an opportunity to.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am

Name/Skype name Warrikon27 (peepl can add me i don't care.) some norwegian 50 year old took Warrikon *cry

Age : 16 going on 17 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRu9qfwTxY)

Schedule/Days available Weekend mostly(Saturday/Sunday, durr), and weekdays i get one hour or more to be on the comp.
Times; UTC +10 (australia),
Saturday 10:00 am --> 10:00pm. (not allowed on ALL those hours)
Sunday 12:00 am --> 9:00pm. (not allowed on ALL those hours
Weekdays = 5:00pm --> 9:00 pm (only 1-2.5 hours, or maybe whatever. depends how much homework)

Past Experience Any tabletop RPG experience (DnD, Pathfinder, Star Wars Renegade, ect ect). Remember, it's no problem if you're new. Don't hesitate to tell me. Well, i have played a LOT of board games and seen some people do some DnD but i never really got into anything rpg like. closest thing was probably risk, i usually prefer card games like nuclear war or texas hold 'em

Why do you want to be in the campaign? Never really gotten to do any tabletop rpg things. I play dungeons and dragons online but i don't really have anyone to play tabletop stuff (except for one of my friends dads, i believe he does tabletop stuff, BUT he does it with adults and not kids.) Basically i want a distraction from life in school or something to think about whilst i go through my last years in school, and this seems pretty cool to do. maybe it will help my english xD

bacon
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Name/Skype name: ebenezer_s

Schedule/Days available: It varies, but I should be free most of the time nowadays. My timezone is GMT+2 and I'm usually able to sit by the computer between 12 AM and 10 PM.

Past Experience: None, but I do know kinda how it works. Plus, I am a quick learner.

Why do you want to be in the campaign?: I've wanted to try out tabletop RPGs and it could also improve my English as I very, very rarely speak English.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Name/Skype name: Sealand. Already got you on Skype~

Schedule/Days: Tuesday, Thursday and the Weekends I can stay up all night. Monday and Wednesday I'd like to leave at midnight EST. My schedule MAY change, in which case I'll notify you.

Past Experience: Oh yeahhh. I've been in most DoT Pathfinders, Fae's DnD campaign, your Saturday campaign, Blaze's campaign, and Chris' campaign. I actually read the website to get ideas for characters.

Why do you want to be in the campaign? I like the storytelling aspect of these tabletop games, as well as the characters(Except Chris'). I'd also like to be there to help newbies with making their characters and actually playing those characters.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborne on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:03 am

So I'm looking at these applications (I'll wait a bit more before constructing the team to give stragglers a chance) and I'm getting the sense that I won't be able to handle this group like my saturday group.

So I've decided to do several smaller sessions during the week instead of a long session once a week? How does this sound to you guys?

Also I'm thinking maybe a mix of 2 vets and 3-4 newcomers. It'll give the newcomers a chance to talk to their teammates for advice, and maybe, if we're lucky, the vets can learn a thing or two from the newcomers.

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeind on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 am

Sounds great. Shorter sessions would probably work better for me than long sessions anyway.

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TeHatter on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:08 am

That actually sounds like an amazing, idea, yeah. Shorter sessions = better, in case someone has something to do.
TeHatter
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 am

I'm perfectly fine with short sessions as well. (then again, I'd be fine with whatever schedule that comes after my working hours)

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 am

I really like the idea of shorter sessions, I think it will be much better for a majority of us.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:21 am

Fine with me.

I'll be honest, I was thinking about doing this with shorter sessions as well before I thought up my own long campaign. Just... really didn't know how to implement it, and didn't think I'd have the time.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am

Thats k, as long as it is within the time frames that i said before, as school is a bumheadedunicorn and won't move times :(
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Name/Skype: Oliver/phoenix_of_the_damned (don't ask)

Schedule/Days available: Whenever. I'm always available. (with pause for trash that I must take out at random. it only takes about 15 min.)

Past Experience Any tabletop RPG experience:
None. Okay, there was the 1 time on national DnD day, but that was about it and I was confused the whole time except when the DM said "roll the dice" and explained if I hit or missed my target. So basically none.

Why do you want to be in the campaign?: It's new (for me), and it sounds like fun. I like RPing, and I need to reacquire my imagination. I seem to have lost a bit of it along the way. Also, I can pay you. Gold Ingot Gold Ingot Gold Ingot Gold Ingot Gold Ingot Oh, and here's a torch so I can see in the dark. Torch
A wild Creeper appears!
FUUUU

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull Sphinx on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 am

Name/Skype name: Kokuryu Kai/ RobertELeeSpilmanV

Schedule/Days available: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays. If we play Monday, Friday, or Saturday, I usually get off work anywhere from 8pm-12am.

Past Experience Any tabletop RPG experience: D&D, I have played for 3 years now, with 3 different DMs, I personally DM and have all 5 players hooked into my campaign. I have played most classes. I am not sure what "Pathfinder" is, but I've heard a lot about it.

Why do you want to be in the campaign? There's no real wrong answer here. Your mom? Hahaha, jk. A mix of magic and assassin (if possible), if not, then mostly magic user.

Personal Question: Will you be rolling the dice and such, or will we? I figured you would be so there is less of a chance to cheat and such, also, will I need any books and if so, do you have Pdf's we can get?
Skull Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborne on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:43 am

HOKAY! After much deliberation, here's the list of people who are accepted into the campaign so far:

TehHatter
BlazeZeroThree
Judgement_weasel
Wheeind
SelectorofSouls
srjjj06

Odd, warri, I'm sorry but your timezone screws me a bit, since we're on opposite sides of the planet. Give me some time though, and I'll come up with something for you guys.

Skull, you're a possible alternate if someone can't participate, so we'll keep in touch.

We will be meeting this thursday (hopefully) at 8pm EST, which I believe is 6 or 7 in CMT and 5 PST. It will be on skype, voice chat is optional (although I'd prefer it if you can, if only to listen). I'll be inviting you guys to the new group within the next 2 days.

I will provide materials necessary to the campaign then. I look forward to meeting with all of you!

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:09 am

Darkborne wrote:HOKAY! After much deliberation, here's the list of people who are accepted into the campaign so far:

TehHatter
BlazeZeroThree
Judgement_weasel
Wheeind
SelectorofSouls
srjjj06

Odd, warri, I'm sorry but your timezone screws me a bit, since we're on opposite sides of the planet. Give me some time though, and I'll come up with something for you guys.

Skull, you're a possible alternate if someone can't participate, so we'll keep in touch.

We will be meeting this thursday (hopefully) at 8pm EST, which I believe is 6 or 7 in CMT and 5 PST. It will be on skype, voice chat is optional (although I'd prefer it if you can, if only to listen). I'll be inviting you guys to the new group within the next 2 days.

I will provide materials necessary to the campaign then. I look forward to meeting with all of you!

Awesome! Can't wait!
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrikon on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:06 am

i'm k with that. kind of busy on the comp recently due to school work and all the freaking beta testing i am doing ._. so, i'm fine with that. but good luck to everyone else, sounds like so much fun.
Warrikon
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Just kidding. It's fine. Have fun!
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum