» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

This Is Goodbye.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Is Goodbye.

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:44 am

Hello friends and compatriots.
I have been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks, and I have come to a conclusion.
I feel that I no longer appropriately fill the role of Owner of The Dawn Of Time, and so with this in mind, I am hereby resigning from this role. Not only am I resigning, I am leaving the Dawn Of Time. (For now).

The past year and a half has been fairly amazing. I met amazing people, faced amazing challenges, and paid thousands of dollars to keep a virtual world running. Unfortunately, I cannot say I enjoy playing Minecraft anymore. It has lost it's fun-factor, it's lust-factor for me, and so I am moving on. I am just finishing up Year 12, as well as having a part-time job (Minimum 36 hour week), and a personal trainer.

Oh, and by the way, I have lung cancer. No, I've never smoked before in my life, and no one close to me has smoked in my company. My doctor has blamed it on Asbestos. I will also have to work around this new challenge in the future.

I am not going to list names, as hopefully by now you'll all be aware that I have a terrible memory and I'm no good with names, but it'd be extremely hard to create a "Goodbye" thread without mentioning people such as FaelarLaelither and Scope. I very-well believe that if Fae didn't step in and create the lore, this lovely community would have never of left the ground - I would've shut it down within the first week. For those who don't know, Fae, as well as Scope and Raptor, jumped inboard within the first day of Server time. Scope helped with whitelist and server maintenance when necessary, as well as the occasional donation, and since he's Co-Owner, I'm pretty sure he's in charge now.

And we of course, have to talk about the whole Financial-Side.
I think it'd be rather stupid walking out leaving this server connected to my email and my paypal, as eventually my paypal will have no money left which will cause a problem.
So I think the solution to this is to download the map first, and I'll clear out and delete everything. I'll end my contract with Creeperhost, and someone else (Scope?) can create a new one if they wish. This'll result in myself being completely out of the equation, which I'd prefer, as I'm not coming back in a long time (If ever).

Finally, I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful year, for all the fun times and events, and for being an amazing community. I'll eventually come back and stop in to the forums sometime (If they still exist when I come back), but for now;

This Is Goodbye.
Have fun, guys.

I love you all.
*tears*

(Oh, I'm going to work now, so I'll check in tonight and tomorrow to say a final goodbye)

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: This Is Goodbye.

Post by Wheeind on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:57 am

Bye Frazz. Thank you for all you've done and I wish you luck in whatever your future holds.

I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope you can find time to keep us updated on how you're doing. You aren't allowed to totally disappear.

I..we love you too!

Last edited by Wheeind on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spiffzombie on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:02 am

Frazz, I never really got to know you and I wish I had because i heard that you were a great person! Also, I wish to thank you for creating the dawn of Time environment. I wish you luck with your life and wish to see you in the future, Bye.

spiffzombie
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 am

Frazz,

It is with a heavy heart that I wish you a fond farewell. I wish- most likely we all wish- that you wouldn't leave, but it is understandable that you have decided to resign. You have my sincere condolences for your lung cancer, and I hope that you pull through and hang in there..

I would like to tell you that it was truly an honor to have you as our server owner. This server you have created is truly an amazing thing, and it has brought people together in such an incredible way.

We owe you more than can be described. Thank you, Frazz- thank you SO much for all that you have done for us. We will miss you dearly, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes that you didn't have to go. I feel like I should have more to say, but I am in a bit of a shock, myself..

May you succeed in whatever you do in your life. May your life be a happy and prosperous one. May you never forget us, as we surely will never forget you, for this amazing thing you have done for us.

May your future shine like the light of the dawn, O Frazzled One.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaborgium on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 am

Heya Frazz; I'm sorry to hear about all your recent issues. You were a great admin when I first met you on NatureCraft and you were a great owner here. We didn't talk much but when we did you were always friendly and supportive. None of us - Sealand, Faelar, Wind, Chris, Blaze, Hatter, Peace, and more - would have ever even met if it weren't for you. You definitely don't deserve cancer. I am very sorry and I'm at a total loss of words right now - lots of bad news all at once.

You will surely be missed; not just by me, but by everyone. Thanks for everything you've done.
Seaborgium
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:21 am

Dear Frazz: I didn't really get to know you that well, but the first time I met you was when you helped me build my inn in the town of Horizon. You're an awesome guy, and I'm so glad I did get a chance to meet and play with you on the server.

I'm really sad I didn't get to know you a little better, and honestly, I'm terrible when it comes to goodbyes, but I wish you the best in your upcoming years. I know other people have already said this, but the DOT has changed my life, and without you I'd have never met all these fantastic weirdos (LOVE YOU ALL).

Being the nerd that I am, I leave you with this:
No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn
(May all stars shine upon your path)

Namarie, Frazz, and may the sun always smile upon you!

Last edited by AJ.Wisteria on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:28 am

I'm... at a loss for words.

I don't quite think you comprehend how much you changed mine, hell, all the member's of your server's lives. Faelar's lore certainly helped, but NONE of us would have met if it weren't for you creating Dawn of Time. Which will be a name we will remember and live under for years.

I hope you get better, for you truly deserve it for all the good you've done bringing us together.

Goodbye Frazz, we all will remember you for the rest of our lives.

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull Sphinx on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 am

Dear Mr. TheFrazzledKid,
I wish you well in all your endeavors and I will be personally praying for your health and well being. Good luck good sir! We didn't interact much (unless my poor memory can't remember, hahaha!), but it was good to have you! I am sad to see anyone go from the server! Fare thee well, sir!

Sincerely,
Robert E. Lee Spilman V
(A.K.A. "Bobby")
Skull Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 am

Dear Frazz,

I'm not entirely sure where to start, being at a slight loss of words from the sudden announcement, but I'd like to let you know, first and foremost, that I (and the rest of the community) are eternally grateful for what you've done towards making all of this possible. I've only been here for a matter of a year or so, and yet I feel Dawn of Time has really proven itself to be an incredible experience that continues today. Without your guidance towards making this very server possible and the wonderful people you've helped to bring in, I wouldn't have experienced any of that. None of the close friends I have now, none of the great RP experiences and story that I've gone through, and none of the great fun of Minecraft that DoT has given.

But unfortunately, times change, and I'm very sorry to hear that you'll be officially departing. Again, none of us can thank you enough for what you've done for all of us, and we all wish you the best for whatever the future may bring. I won't forget our own experiences together with the wonderful talks we had and working together with you on building projects like the Survival Cube. And we all hope that you'll pull through your troubles today.

If it's any consolation for the community and yourself, I'd be more than willing to provide the resources for continuing our server's workings to continue the great legacy of the server today. I'd need the community and yourself in support of the move, though that may be left for another time.

Warm wishes and regards,
- Blaze / Animus

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgement_weasel on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 am

Frazz.. I can't thank you enough for your server, and all you've done for us. I really hope you do well from here. Aside from that.. I have no idea what to say.

Judgement_weasel
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:50 am

Posting this here in case we don't get to finish what some of us have started working on. You can see some of it in the background.

I tried my best at making a statue out of Frazz's old Jack Skellington skin. I've also tried my hand at his current skin, but restrictions with wool colors really screws with it.

Needless to say, I hope you can check in and see what it is we've started building, Frazz. <3

Last edited by Sealand on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:52 am

Truly a god among men. Thank you so much Frazz, for connecting the dozens of us within this community together, I know that several of the friendships will last a very long time, and, you are to thank for that :)

Hopefully we will see each other again at some point, hopefully on a better game than runescape, as your xfire always suggested, but whatever the medium, I hope to see you again, and I will always see you as a far-away friend.

~Kairus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TeHatter on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:10 am

Hey, Frazz.
I doubt you remember me, but I was the one who built the "Horizon Jail" back when Horizon was first being built. And... I just want to thank you. For everything. Because of you and this server, I've made so many friends. When I read your post, I sort of felt like I was going to vomit. A person as amazing as you; a person who's created something so amazing, doesn't deserve health problems. But I know you don't want that to define your post, and I know that's not the only reason you're leaving. But again, thank you. Thank you for everything. I'm so glad I met you, all of you, actually. This is, hands down, the best community ever. It's like a gigantic, weird-ass family. And I've grown to love you guys.

-Hatter
TeHatter
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengard on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:42 am

Dear Frazzykins,

This news you have shared dulls a simple minecraftian's world... Even I, The cannibal, can't think of anything that could really lighten the mood. I just want you to know, that your server changed minecraft into something COMPLETELY AMAZING for me... And most likely all who play in DoT. You have created a minecraft legend that all Dawnlanders shall spread to app they know. I shall miss you. We all will. One last time, I'd like to personally thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Love,
Rusk/Tengard/Ruckus but most importantly

Your friend. :)

"Rusk: The kind of man who would "act" like he just stole your baby child's lollipop." -Scope.

Tengard, the master of "Nope let's make the characters as UNHAPPY as possible..."

Nihilum, the evolved form of Rusk. Commonly found in dimensions of sheer awesomeness, this Pokemon takes to flying over noobs after a hearty lunch of enchiladas. Needless to say, a swarm is considered a bad sign in many cultures.
Tengard
SMP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborne on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm

What can I say, man? It's been a hell of a ride. Since the DAY the server started, I've been having adventures with you. And I'm truly, truly sorry to see it end.

Before you leave, you have to see us one more time, or we'll hunt you down!

This isn't goodbye. This is see you later, buddy.

-Dark

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Ok...
Um...
Well, Shit.
Honestly not how I thought my day would be ending.
You've been a good friend to me, and everyone else Frazz, and its somewhat heartbreaking to hear you're going.
I hope you have fun with whatever you do in whatever spare time you manage to find, and I wish you luck for the future.
I hope I'll see you around somewhere some other time, but thank you for what you've done for me, the server and this community. It would not have been the same without you, and you will be remembered by all of us.

See you later Frazz. I hope you do well in life.
Until hopefully next we meet,
Thank you for everything,
Joccaren.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Squii on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:53 pm

I thank you, Frazz, for all you have done to make this server happen.

Never before I made part of such and amazing and friendly community, the only thing which kept me playing minecraft for all this time and brought me such good times and memories.

I will never forget the day in which we met, back in Naturecraft, where I was asking if there was any way to obtain glowstone (which was impossible to obtain at the time) and being given a lot of it by you, this act of friendship that would later make me join your server just to take a peek, and then be amazed at what I saw there, I'd never seen anything like that before, and I immediately decided to stay.

I can surely say I spent countless days playing games not restricted to minecraft with the great friends I made here, or, hell, just talking to them over Skype.

In this entire community, you're the one who deserves less to have cancer, I really doubt anyone here deserves it, but such is life, and I wish you luck with it.

It was a magnificent pleasure to meet you Frazz, and I hope that we'll meet again someday.

I wish you Godspeed,
Squii
Squii
Loot God

http://Pimpturtles.awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:39 pm

I am terrible at both saying goodbye and writing long posts.

Thank you for the fun I've had, and good luck!
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:23 pm

I'll be stepping in every now and then (on the forums), and I'll be ingame for one last time tomorrow. I was at a loss for words when I saw that statue, and thus I must see it for myself.

Also, I still play League of Legends when I have some spare time, if anyone wanted to know.

Thankyou all for the kind messages. <3

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TeHatter on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 pm

For everyone, especially Frazz: 99.61.202.144:25565
TeHatter
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mimmyjambo on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:09 am

Well... I joined this community in May last year, and every moment of my time here has been bliss.

I haven't talked with you much or RP'ed with you much, either - but at least I have done both, and enjoyed it immensely.

I know nothing bad of you and feel it's safe to say that you are not only a brilliant person but also a brilliant community leader. It saddens me that you wish to leave us, but the reasons you have given do more than simply suffice. My ex-boyfriend is a cancer survivor, and despite the fact I didn't even know him when he had cancer, I can see how hard it has hit him. And yet, he is focused on the present, and the future, not the past. He does not let it impede on him in the slightest. I am sure you are more than able to do the same.

Despite various periods of simply "not being here", your leadership of this server and this community as a whole has been fantastic. I have enjoyed my time here very much and a lot of that is thanks to you - even more than you think.

While you and I have not exactly been best friends, I know the great friendships you have with others here and how greatly they value those friendships. I hope for both their sakes and yours that you will continue them.

Thank you for everything, Frazz. I wish you only the best for your future, and hope to speak to you again some day.

Best, and good luck,
James
mimmyjambo
Regular

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Porkchop on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 am

I'm not good with these things, but we're all going to miss you dearly.
Thank you for a brilliant almost 11 fun, life-changing months I've had on this server.

What the hell, Pork? Comment deleted.

-Sea
Sir Porkchop
Regular

Location : Why must you ask these questions? Are you stalking me?

Back to top Go down

Post by ReceptiveRaptor on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:41 am

As many people know I'm not one to wrote long posts I'll usually try and give up so...

Frazz.

The last however long you said has been truly outrageous it was really amazing thank you for being the owner of such a wonderful server, I have to say if it wasn't for that forum post I read and the introduction lore you made up I probably wouldn't have even been here, I'm not an rp person.
The fact I'm even here still today just shows how amazing a server you've put together and selflessly kept running with the help of scope who put up with each and every update, Fae your lore master the other mods and Kairus.

I'll miss you heaps.

Raptor.

[4:42:47 PM] Superscope1: Raptor, stop failed.
ReceptiveRaptor
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I am gunna miss you buddy. sadly, i never got to know you in the 1 1/2 yeqrs i have been here. But you put together such a great community and so many others. I really hope you conqer cancer, you really do not desrve it. so long :'(
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:44 pm

I am completely speechless right now, as most of us are, but I thank you Frazz, without you putting this server together, I would have never met these amazing people. Though, I never played on the server with you much, when we did, we had a blast. Those of us that were present on the day that we made that pathetic little jail in Horizon, we had a great time doing so. I really hope that your medical condition progressively gets better. All and all, we will never forget you man, and thank you for all that you have done for us.

-Peace
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: