» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Goodbye old Horizon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goodbye old Horizon

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 am

As EVERYONE knows, Horizon is turning to complete shit, it is falling apart and becoming less and less active. From today forth, we, the citizens of Horizon will be changing that. Horizon is getting completely refurbished. Since the start of this map launching, people were building buildings and houses wherever, a group of us are destroying most of Horizon except for the housing district, Town hall, guard, and possibly the inn. We want to start fresh, the town will become more organized since we will be starting over, without random buildings placed everywhere.

I just want the citizens and other people to know, that I will not let Horizon fall.

EDIT: If you have anything you want to save in your chests, I recommend moving the items to the chests in the town hall storage room (top floor) and locking them, just for safety. I apologize for any inconvenience, but the condition that Horizon is in, it needs to be done, don't worry, we will be working around the clock to rebuild Horizon, if you want to move your house, the residential area is open also.
EDIT AGAIN: I decided to lower the prices of the houses in the residential area to all those people that houses will be destroyed in this project, Pork, Odd, and TeHatter will all receive a house in the residential area for a quarter of it's original price (Since Horizon still needs to make some money) Whenever I'm on, we can get right to your new house.
Thank you.
~Peace

Last edited by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Goodbye old Horizon

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:45 am

Good luck to Horizon, then. Just remember that people need to try and make things happen in Horizon if they want to enjoy their time there. It has the people, after all, and activity definitely doesn't need to be reliant on invasions and the like (which I have been giving people a break from).

Last edited by Faelar Laelither on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazeZeroThree on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 am

Isn't that... a tad bit radical? Couldn't just tear down a few buildings and establish building standards or toy around with road layouts? Well, I wish you the best of luck with your massive infrastructure reorganization, and if you need a bit of advice, I (and I'm sure Wind, as well) am here for you and the good people of Horizon.

SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:58 am

BlazeZeroThree wrote:Isn't that... a tad bit radical? Couldn't just tear down a few buildings and establish building standards or toy around with road layouts? Well, I wish you the best of luck with your massive infrastructure reorganization, and if you need a bit of advice, I (and I'm sure Wind, as well) am here for you and the good people of Horizon.

Thanks Blaze, I will definitely keep that in mind, and we want to start fresh, things aren't in the place that they are supposed to be in.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:18 am

I think we need to completely redo the town center, that area past Frazz Co. and near the town farm. It's really difficult to navigate and goes every which-a-way.

On another note, I plan on moving the Green Fiddle over to the residential district, but It'll be larger, less cramped, and much cooler. Where should I put it?

I've also begun designs on the library, but I need a place to put it (as well as how big the plot size will be).
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Faelar Laelither on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:23 am

On another note, I should just point out that the Overlich and his minions would be happy to demolish buildings permitted to be done so.
Faelar Laelither
The Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:34 am

AJ.Wisteria wrote:I think we need to completely redo the town center, that area past Frazz Co. and near the town farm. It's really difficult to navigate and goes every which-a-way.

On another note, I plan on moving the Green Fiddle over to the residential district, but It'll be larger, less cramped, and much cooler. Where should I put it?

I've also begun designs on the library, but I need a place to put it (as well as how big the plot size will be).

I agree, well, it will all be gone so we can restart on the roads, the inn, I could show you in game, and the library, I was thinking on the way to the housing district? Just so that area isn't so empty? possibly, we can decide that later though.

nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborne on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 am

IN Sim City 4, when you destroy a whole district of the city, you displace and piss off a LOT of sims. I'd go with Blaze's idea, he's got a good point. *shrugs* Another idea is to develop your own little side-story. As mentioned before, you don't need to rely on turmoil to get things done. How about inventing your own criminals or something? Give your citizens a reason to exist. Or find who keeps rustling all your animals....

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 pm

If you know who lives where, I'd recommend making a forum post of who's house needs to be relocated. Possibly reimbursing them a little for it too [Provide tools to help them do it maybe?].
Good luck with the renovations though. Hope they get done quickly.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Again, I'll just tell you I won't move my house, just to make sure.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazer_ on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

I don't really think this is all nessecary, although when I read AJ's post I understood, the town is quite messy, it needs re-doing, although I'm looking forward to what it'll look like in the end, yet I'm not sure what to expect when it's been redone, will it be done house by house, or just make the land empty? Anyway however it happens, I'm sure you'll do a great job Peace! :)
Mazer_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Mazer_ wrote:I don't really think this is all nessecary, although when I read AJ's post I understood, the town is quite messy, it needs re-doing, although I'm looking forward to what it'll look like in the end, yet I'm not sure what to expect when it's been redone, will it be done house by house, or just make the land empty? Anyway however it happens, I'm sure you'll do a great job Peace! :)

Thank you for your support Mazer, and everyone else, we will rebuild all the buildings in the places we want them to be in, just so buildings aren't scattered around everywhere, we will make the streets much cleaner and so on, it will take a while, but we have plans drawn up of what it should look like.

Ohh and Oddwarf, if you have anything that you want to keep safe, I recommend moving it to the storage room in the town hall and private the chest, your house will be destroyed by the Overlich, just a warning for you.
~Peace
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Porkchop on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Oddwarf wrote:Again, I'll just tell you I won't move my house, just to make sure.

Then I guess it's time to die...
I'd like for my house to stay, too, but what's gotta be done has gotta be done.

Also, Peace, I tried to design a new layout but it was 1 in the morning, I was tired and had to sleep. I failed. You still have your designs, though, so no biggie.
Sir Porkchop
Regular

Location : Why must you ask these questions? Are you stalking me?

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Sir Porkchop wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:Again, I'll just tell you I won't move my house, just to make sure.

Then I guess it's time to die...
I'd like for my house to stay, too, but what's gotta be done has gotta be done.

Also, Peace, I tried to design a new layout but it was 1 in the morning, I was tired and had to sleep. I failed. You still have your designs, though, so no biggie.

Not a problem, thanks anyways.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 am

nighttiger1000 wrote:
Thank you for your support Mazer, and everyone else, we will rebuild all the buildings in the places we want them to be in, just so buildings aren't scattered around everywhere, we will make the streets much cleaner and so on, it will take a while, but we have plans drawn up of what it should look like.

Ohh and Oddwarf, if you have anything that you want to keep safe, I recommend moving it to the storage room in the town hall and private the chest, your house will be destroyed by the Overlich, just a warning for you.
~Peace
I'm very lazy. We're talking mountains of double-chests. How many chests are in that storage room?
Edit: Also. Animals.
Plus that I don't have time. Finishing up at school this week, preparing for a possible exam and a mountain trip this weekend.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace
I'm very lazy. We're talking mountains of double-chests. How many chests are in that storage room?
Plus that I don't have time. Finishing up at school this week, preparing for a possible exam and a mountain trip this weekend.

If you want, we can help you.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 pm

nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace

Neh, just tell me how many days I have. Could need help with the animals, though.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:31 am

Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace

Neh, just tell me how many days I have. Could need help with the animals, though.

Well, I have asked to have it postponed since there are a few extra things that need to get done, so you have a little bit still, I'll notify you when it gets close to that time.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:57 am

nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace

Well, I have asked to have it postponed since there are a few extra things that need to get done, so you have a little bit still, I'll notify you when it gets close to that time.
No date yet? Alright.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 am

Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace

No date yet? Alright.

Nope, no set date yet.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 pm

nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace

No date yet? Alright.

Nope, no set date yet.
Alright. This is becoming quite a long quote tunnel.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace

No date yet? Alright.

Nope, no set date yet.
I was kinda thinking the same myself.. O.o

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kairus
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Kairus wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

~Peace

No date yet? Alright.

Nope, no set date yet.
I was kinda thinking the same myself.. O.o
So what do we do now?
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Now we will wait, until we can finish all the little things that need to get done.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm

C-c-c-combo breaker!
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content