Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

People of Horizon

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People of Horizon

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:26 pm

For all those that live in Horizon, the housing district is expanding very quickly, new plans have been made for the surrounding area, since it is such a distance away from town, we will like to have more buildings or nice scenery, along the way to the housing district, if you have any ideas for what could be built, please either PM me or comment on this post, I need all of your help.

~Peace
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Re: People of Horizon

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 pm

We still need a library and maybe a town square in the center of residential.
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:06 pm

AJ.Wisteria wrote:We still need a library and maybe a town square in the center of residential.

That sounds interesting, next project?
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:18 am

Definitely! You said you had a plan for it right? Or I could sketch out a few blueprints myself.

Sorry I've not been around Horizon as much lately, lots of RP stuff has kicked up in NC...
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:33 am

AJ.Wisteria wrote:Definitely! You said you had a plan for it right? Or I could sketch out a few blueprints myself.

Sorry I've not been around Horizon as much lately, lots of RP stuff has kicked up in NC...

Umm, if you could sketch out some designs for us that would be great.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:45 pm

A few things that could be included for decoration:
-Public Park/Botanical Gardens.
-Monuments [Possibly a superproject monument if something to base it on can be justified].
-Statues or fountains in the middle of circular sections of walkways
-Official entrance to transportation services [As opposed to the small path and stairs that exists currently]

More practical buildings:
-Public Forge [Tons of Furnaces. I'd recommend at least 20. Very helpful when anyone needs to cook a ton of something fast].
-Public Storage [Not really going to get a ton of use, as most would like to keep their stuff in their homes, but does get used by some who find it convenient to not have to walk to and through their house to get to some materials]
-Entertainment buildings [Games and the sort. I have designs and such for some if you would like them built around Horizon]

RP:
-General meeting places that people will likely use in RP [Inn already exists, as does town guard armoury and such. If you can think of anywhere else RP would be likely to occur, building it could be something to think abotu]
-An event near or inside Horizon [For example, Sanctuary on the old map was built as a fortress town to guard the world from the Ghast Grimoire hidden beneath the town. I'm sure you could probably come up with something, and check it with Faelar to make sure it works]
-Anything required for research.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Joccaren wrote:A few things that could be included for decoration:
-Public Park/Botanical Gardens.
-Monuments [Possibly a superproject monument if something to base it on can be justified].
-Statues or fountains in the middle of circular sections of walkways
-Official entrance to transportation services [As opposed to the small path and stairs that exists currently]

More practical buildings:
-Public Forge [Tons of Furnaces. I'd recommend at least 20. Very helpful when anyone needs to cook a ton of something fast].
-Public Storage [Not really going to get a ton of use, as most would like to keep their stuff in their homes, but does get used by some who find it convenient to not have to walk to and through their house to get to some materials]
-Entertainment buildings [Games and the sort. I have designs and such for some if you would like them built around Horizon]

RP:
-General meeting places that people will likely use in RP [Inn already exists, as does town guard armoury and such. If you can think of anywhere else RP would be likely to occur, building it could be something to think abotu]
-An event near or inside Horizon [For example, Sanctuary on the old map was built as a fortress town to guard the world from the Ghast Grimoire hidden beneath the town. I'm sure you could probably come up with something, and check it with Faelar to make sure it works]
-Anything required for research.

Sounds great! I like the entertainment buildings, if you have the designs, I would love to see them. Thanks.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 pm

We need some for farms to support the growing districts around the town or this will become a problem later on in the towns development.
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:44 pm

chipset3363 wrote:We need some for farms to support the growing districts around the town or this will become a problem later on in the towns development.

Don't worry, we will have farms.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:43 am

Peace! Guess what! I built a library! And an inn! I'll edit this post when I have pictures and schematics up (or I'll just PM them to you) and you can see what you think. Mostly about the library...I like the inn the way it is :3

EDIT: Here we go, pics and everything! I'll even sketch up a picture on graph paper and get it to you for the library and each room. The Inn will be an undertaking entirely of my own, but I'll send you pics anyways.

LIBRARY
  • 21 blocks wide

40 blocks long

17 blocks tall

5 block tall basement floor, with 2 blocks between its ceiling and the first floor

Library outside
Front Entrance
Front Inside
Lounge
Basement Section
Basement Section plus Enchanting Table
Second Floor
Second Floor Balcony

INN
  • 33 blocks long

22 blocks wide

9 blocks tall

Has a basement where the rooms are (and they're nice rooms, don't worry :)

Inn Outside
Bar (left), fireplace (back)
Inside, facing dining tables

The rooms will be in the basement, but I was too lazy to get a picture of each XD

The library is gonna be a heckuva undertaking, so I'll help in gathering all materials, clearing a plot, everything else. We'll need a lot of people working on it...I'll be leaving for vacation around the 25th, so keep that in mind if you decide on this design. I can get you exact layouts (sketch them on graph paper) and send them to you.

Anywho, crapton of pics. Enjoy!

Last edited by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 am

AJ.Wisteria wrote:Peace! Guess what! I built a library! And an inn! I'll edit this post when I have pictures and schematics up (or I'll just PM them to you) and you can see what you think. Mostly about the library...I like the inn the way it is :3

Very well, I'm excited to see what you have come up with. :D
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 am

nighttiger1000 wrote:
AJ.Wisteria wrote:Peace! Guess what! I built a library! And an inn! I'll edit this post when I have pictures and schematics up (or I'll just PM them to you) and you can see what you think. Mostly about the library...I like the inn the way it is :3

Updated post finally!
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 am

AJ.Wisteria wrote:
nighttiger1000 wrote:

Updated post finally!

One word...AMAZING! This is what we need in Horizon, some nice buildings that can house some nice RP, Sketches will be terrific, I will be working on the library for sure.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 am

When the server finally reboots (whenever that is), we can start gathering resources and I'll put together the skeletal frame of the place.

It'll take me a while to sketch up the floor plans and put in block names/etc, but I'll have it to you sometime next week. I'm actually working on it as we speak, so I'm sure I'll have it done soon-ish.

I just hope you can read my chicken-scratch handwriting XD
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 am

Can I make a suggestion:
Extend that platform it is on a bit. In the front have a couple of fountains and small trees, with a path leading down. To the sides and around the back have a nice garden, maybe an iron fence around it dependent on if it ends up looking good or not. Looks a little odd just sitting on a pile of grass IMO.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 am

Joccaren wrote:Can I make a suggestion:
Extend that platform it is on a bit. In the front have a couple of fountains and small trees, with a path leading down. To the sides and around the back have a nice garden, maybe an iron fence around it dependent on if it ends up looking good or not. Looks a little odd just sitting on a pile of grass IMO.

Ah, the reason it's on a pile of grass is because I made that in creative superflat mode, so I had to build up around it...the blocks hopefully won't look that way. I like your idea though...wait...was it for the inn or the library or both?
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am

AJ.Wisteria wrote:
Ah, the reason it's on a pile of grass is because I made that in creative superflat mode, so I had to build up around it...the blocks hopefully won't look that way. I like your idea though...wait...was it for the inn or the library or both?
The library mostly, as that is what the two previous comments had been talking about, though the same applies to the inn - I'd probably leave out the front fountains from the inn and have a larger side garden on the right side of the building, from the perspective of the "Inn Outside" picture.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 am

Hmmm... I like both ideas. I'll get on and add them into the creative version, and see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestions! :D
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 pm

What if in the middle of the library, we have a greenhouse area that houses some plants, so people can study plants? It think it would be neat to have.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:16 pm

I like that idea, but it'll involve me widening the place, plus putting it smack-dab in the middle of the library might prove a tad bit difficult. Do you have a sketch idea or something that I can look at, just to get a general idea of what you're looking for?

Wait a sec, I had an idea. Kinda split the library in half and pull them apart, stick the greenhouse down on the first floor and - wait, no, that'd throw off the lounge area...

If you've got a sketch idea of what you're looking for, Peace, that'd be fantastic. I'm not sure where we'd stick a greenhouse XD I do like the idea, though! Maybe somewhere in the basement we could stick an alchemy study room.

Edit: I've got a general sketch of an idea someone gave me when I asked for outside help on putting a greenhouse in. I'll link it in this edit once I put the finishing details in, but it'll expand the length of the building (and maybe the width, too).
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Yeah, that sounds good, umm, I don't have one sketched up, but I think it would be cool if we split the library right down the middle and have a small greenhouse ball in the middle of the two parts, but yet still connected to them.I will try and sketch it out.

EDIT: (Screenshots, this is just a smaller scale, but it gives the idea)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by nighttiger1000 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Are there any plans that i could test on creative that you may want me to do? (ideas, i would put up a pic on the forum to show you guys).
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:00 am

Peace, I like your idea, and it'll probably look a lot better (expanded) than the one I came up with, but here's my take:

New Outside
New Front
Greenhouse

This is going to take a LOT of time and resources XD
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:25 am

AJ.Wisteria wrote:Peace, I like your idea, and it'll probably look a lot better (expanded) than the one I came up with, but here's my take:

New Outside
New Front
Greenhouse

This is going to take a LOT of time and resources XD

Looks fantastic.
nighttiger1000
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:42 am

I'm not quite sure how to download/send maps to people, but I can see if I can made a downloadable copy of this map for you (and others) for further reference when building the library.
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum