Latest topics
» Scope's 6 Shit-post Hahahahaha
Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:45 pm by ReceptiveRaptor

» A New Forum
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:17 pm by LukeTheElf

» How is everyone?
Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 am by Skull Sphinx

» Image War 2
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am by Warrikon

» District names!
Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:01 pm by Tengard

» EVENTUALLY ENDING STORY 5!!!!...!
Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 am by Warrikon

» ..o_o
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 am by Faelar Laelither

» Hello?
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am by Warrikon

» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree


The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Mazer_ on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Okay, so the weekly snapshots! I personally like the Ender Chests and New Ore.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Part 1)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Part 2)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Part 1)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Part 2) Enjoy! I like the Temples and Pyramids, and TRIPWIRES! :D I was wanting these a while back. :D They hide well in old dark ruins, with camoflague-ing vines! :D


Last edited by Mazer_ on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Mazer_
Regular

Posts : 877
Points : 1044
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by superscope1 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Rule 9 of the internet: There are no real rules about moderation. Enjoy your ban.
Did you know I like TNT? I like TNT. Oh, and cactus. Moreso TNT. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
superscope1
Owner

Posts : 1337
Points : 1456
Join date : 2011-03-14
Age : 25
Location : Newfoundland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Oddwarf on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Oddwarf
Regular

Posts : 478
Points : 515
Join date : 2011-07-02
Age : 21
Location : Drydock.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Joccaren on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:58 am

Well this is old news to me, but W/E.

The Ender chests won't be that much fun. Every chest links to every other chest in SMP, so if you put anything in there, anyone can take it out if they have an Ender Chest - not so much fun.

If a mod were made to have each player have their own individual Ender Chest network, that might be good, but otherwise... Not a ton of use in them.
avatar
Joccaren
Regular

Posts : 821
Points : 865
Join date : 2011-05-22
Age : 21
Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Oddwarf on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Joccaren wrote:The Ender chests won't be that much fun. Every chest links to every other chest in SMP, so if you put anything in there, anyone can take it out if they have an Ender Chest - not so much fun..
HEY! Ender chest in Mail Offices + Writeable books as letters = Magical Mail System. Title the book "Sheep, Horizon" if you are sending a love letter to a sheep.
avatar
Oddwarf
Regular

Posts : 478
Points : 515
Join date : 2011-07-02
Age : 21
Location : Drydock.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Joccaren on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Oddwarf wrote:HEY! Ender chest in Mail Offices + Writeable books as letters = Magical Mail System. Title the book "Sheep, Horizon" if you are sending a love letter to a sheep.
And when somebody randomly takes your letter out and burns it for the lolz in a 100% untrackable manner by building their own Ender Chest, taking everything that everyone else has put in it, and replacing it with spam just for a laugh?

I trust the people of this community, but we are going to get new players. Not all of them are going to play by the rules. Even without new players, accidents do happen, and someone may accidentally take the wrong letter from an Ender chest and have to go, or any other conceivable event. IMO the best option is to have a mod that makes the chests linked to the player that accesses them, rather than anybody can access anyone's chest.
avatar
Joccaren
Regular

Posts : 821
Points : 865
Join date : 2011-05-22
Age : 21
Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Oddwarf on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Joccaren wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:HEY! Ender chest in Mail Offices + Writeable books as letters = Magical Mail System. Title the book "Sheep, Horizon" if you are sending a love letter to a sheep.
And when somebody randomly takes your letter out and burns it for the lolz in a 100% untrackable manner by building their own Ender Chest, taking everything that everyone else has put in it, and replacing it with spam just for a laugh?

I trust the people of this community, but we are going to get new players. Not all of them are going to play by the rules. Even without new players, accidents do happen, and someone may accidentally take the wrong letter from an Ender chest and have to go, or any other conceivable event. IMO the best option is to have a mod that makes the chests linked to the player that accesses them, rather than anybody can access anyone's chest.
The mailman on the other side of the chest would be ready to recieve the mail.

Perhaps Lockette can make certain chests "your" chests, and you can share it with other people by writing their names on the sign?
avatar
Oddwarf
Regular

Posts : 478
Points : 515
Join date : 2011-07-02
Age : 21
Location : Drydock.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Kairus on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Joccaren wrote:If a mod were made to have each player have their own individual Ender Chest network, that might be good, but otherwise... Not a ton of use in them.
If it hasn't already, this will be done asap but the minecraft community.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MY LATEST PROJECT (UPDATED 10/2):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Kairus
Regular

Posts : 982
Points : 1117
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 23
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Joccaren on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:46 am

Oddwarf wrote:Perhaps Lockette can make certain chests "your" chests, and you can share it with other people by writing their names on the sign?
This leads to the problem where 1 person puts everyone's names on the sign for their chest, and can access everyone's chest :P
avatar
Joccaren
Regular

Posts : 821
Points : 865
Join date : 2011-05-22
Age : 21
Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by HereticalPsycho on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 am

very much looking forward to trip wires
avatar
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Posts : 294
Points : 305
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by AJ.Wisteria on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 am

Trip wires. The best way to grief griefers.
avatar
AJ.Wisteria
Tavernmaster

Posts : 288
Points : 304
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : On my computer, sketching. Why do you ask?

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Oddwarf on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Joccaren wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:Perhaps Lockette can make certain chests "your" chests, and you can share it with other people by writing their names on the sign?
This leads to the problem where 1 person puts everyone's names on the sign for their chest, and can access everyone's chest :P
Then only chests with exactly the same names can be "linked".
For instance, if Cow shares his chest with Chicken and Sheep, he could have his own chest privated only with his own name that is not linked to the one he shares with Chicken and Sheep.

avatar
Oddwarf
Regular

Posts : 478
Points : 515
Join date : 2011-07-02
Age : 21
Location : Drydock.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by mimmyjambo on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Oddwarf wrote:Then only chests with exactly the same names can be "linked".
For instance, if Cow shares his chest with Chicken and Sheep, he could have his own chest privated only with his own name that is not linked to the one he shares with Chicken and Sheep.


That's one clever cow.
avatar
mimmyjambo
Regular

Posts : 495
Points : 547
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 20
Location : USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-D

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Oddwarf on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:45 am

mimmyjambo wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:Then only chests with exactly the same names can be "linked".
For instance, if Cow shares his chest with Chicken and Sheep, he could have his own chest privated only with his own name that is not linked to the one he shares with Chicken and Sheep.


That's one clever cow.
Her name is Clara.
Clara the Clever Cow.
She lives in my basement, and we play chess now and then.
avatar
Oddwarf
Regular

Posts : 478
Points : 515
Join date : 2011-07-02
Age : 21
Location : Drydock.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by n008i3 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 am

I ate my cow... I was sad. But it was pretty good. Do you know how big cows are? that a lot of meat... My favorite part was the week before with the pyramids. Did anyone see Captain Sparklez video? Hilarious.

n008i3
Regular

Posts : 53
Points : 53
Join date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by mimmyjambo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 am

Oddwarf wrote:
mimmyjambo wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:Then only chests with exactly the same names can be "linked".
For instance, if Cow shares his chest with Chicken and Sheep, he could have his own chest privated only with his own name that is not linked to the one he shares with Chicken and Sheep.


That's one clever cow.
Her name is Clara.
Clara the Clever Cow.
She lives in my basement, and we play chess now and then.

Wait, your basement? So that's what I've been... um...

So... um... chess... cool...

*whistles innocently*
avatar
mimmyjambo
Regular

Posts : 495
Points : 547
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 20
Location : USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-D

http://www.jameslittlewood.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Oddwarf on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:08 am

mimmyjambo wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:
mimmyjambo wrote:
Oddwarf wrote:Then only chests with exactly the same names can be "linked".
For instance, if Cow shares his chest with Chicken and Sheep, he could have his own chest privated only with his own name that is not linked to the one he shares with Chicken and Sheep.


That's one clever cow.
Her name is Clara.
Clara the Clever Cow.
She lives in my basement, and we play chess now and then.

Wait, your basement? So that's what I've been... um...

So... um... chess... cool...

*whistles innocently*
I have no bull, so somebody has to keep her entertained, or she won't make me any milk.
avatar
Oddwarf
Regular

Posts : 478
Points : 515
Join date : 2011-07-02
Age : 21
Location : Drydock.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Weekly Snapshots! Very Cool!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum