» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Chicken massacre because of lag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicken massacre because of lag

Post by Oddwarf on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:07 pm

All my egg-dropping chickens: Dead
Derp chickens with Mrs. Cow: Alive

I am not 100% sure how many chickens I had, but I do believe it was between 40 and 50 chickens, that would be 80 to 100 chicken legs, minus the ones that are not edible.

With a 1/8 chance of a chicken spawning from an egg, 50 chickens would be 400 eggs, 40 would be 320.
What I mean by this, is that whoever killed my chickens owe me 350 eggs.

No. I am not that mad. I just want whoever murdered my precious chicks to give me a good reason why you did not ask me to reduce my number of animals.

This spoiler contains any kind of excuses I can imagine Chickiller may have for doing this to my chickens.
Spoiler:
"You were not online. :( *Fake cry*"
Do you know what can be crafted with six planks and a stick? A sign. You may leave one. I could give the sign back afterwards.

"I did not have any wood. Please, have mercy!"
These are the forums. These forums have an Instant Message feature, allowing you to send me a PM without spending any wood.

"I did not know your username..."
There are other people on the server. Ask them.

"I am too scared to do that!"
In the front door of my house there is a sign. It says "[Private] Oddwarf". There you go, now you know my username. Now you have no reason not to give me any kind of notice, warning nor any reason not to ask me if I could collect some of my living bunts of feather and delicious meat and small experience orbs which you took from me, you criminal blockscum.

Anyways. Short version: Whoever killed my chickens, please tell me your name so that my chickens' spirits may be laid to rest.

Fun fact: I have been experiencing framerate drops after the chickens were killed. From 300 fps to 20. Might be a problem on my side though.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken massacre because of lag

Post by sonicxs2 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:26 am

I KILLED THEM BECAUSE YOUR WERE COMPETITION. >:3

but honestly i am not sure why someone would do that. i do have plenty of chicken eggs if you want any help growing back your livestock.
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:19 am

Breeding back the chickens is not important, I will set up my animal-building somewhere else than right next to the spawn almost-a-pyramid thing. I just want to know why they were killed.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFrazzledKid on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 am

They were most likely jealous of your Mega-Melon, so they struck at your second most-prized possession.
Those poor, poor chickens.

TheFrazzledKid
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Porkchop on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Who would do something like that? D:

But whoever did it must have been really tired of how laggy Horizon became for some people. 100 chickens = a lot of lag. Plus my 30 or so chickens and the millions of other livestock in Horizon I'm just surprised the server is able to handle it at all.
Sir Porkchop
Regular

Location : Why must you ask these questions? Are you stalking me?

Back to top Go down

Post by chipset3363 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Odd i have a chicken farm in Frazzed&Co, i have lots of eggs and i dont use them. You can have them for free to re-populate ur chicken farm :3
Need anything else just say.
chipset3363
Regular

Location : Bedfordshire, England, United kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, The Univeres, This plane, This Reality, This Time

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Once again all of the livestock in Horizon has vanished, everything...
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealand on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Keep tabs on how many animals you have in Horizon and tell a Moderator/Admin when they disappear and we'll reimburse you so long as no one abuses this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sealand
Sea Fortress Extraordinaire and Lord of the Tentacles

Back to top Go down

Post by nighttiger1000 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Sealand wrote:Keep tabs on how many animals you have in Horizon and tell a Moderator/Admin when they disappear and we'll reimburse you so long as no one abuses this...

Alright, gotcha, I will ask everyone to total up there animals.
nighttiger1000
Regular

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/peace-birchwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Doesn't really matter to me how many I get respawned, I usually ask for two. I have enough wheat anyway.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Porkchop on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm requesting a limit on the amount of animals a player or house can own in Horizon. Especially with the chickens. When the egg farmers make new chickens from their eggs they would reach the entity limit, but another will be forced to spawn, despawning somebody elses livestock I think. Not too sure, though. But when Frazzed&Co made their chicken farm, all my animals vanished and then Odd's chickens vanished. I believe Odd restocked his chicken supply again and caused other animals to despawn.
But I'm not certain if this is the case, though.

/walloftext
Sir Porkchop
Regular

Location : Why must you ask these questions? Are you stalking me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:31 am

I had about ten chickens last time. Now, I think I have six, thanks to Mr. Kind Man.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborne on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:42 am

That's not quite how mob limits work. Technically speaking, we screw over the mob limit as players, because we can go over the limit by forcing animals to mate/spawn. Mob limits refer to how many f a certain type will naturally spawn in the sunlight and grass, ect ect.

Take it from me... I spawned TONS of zombies during the gauntlet matches in temp, and that didn't despawn any monster anywhere. I own tons of animals, and up til now nothing bad has happened. It's likely someone's just killing them off, collecting the goods and killing them again when we're dumb enough to spawn them back for you. My advice is to move your animals to a safer location if you're that worried. It would certainly make things easier for the town if there was a central livestock area, wouldn't you say? And if the area is large enough, it'll likely better accommodate the animals, anyways.

My 2 cents....

Darkborne
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:15 pm

I do not believe it was by some griefer killing them Dark, though you are correct about Spawn limits [I still agree on a limit on the number you can have in town. They create a lot of noise and lag for some people, and are quite annoying].

They either despawned, or were killed by an accidentally too large /slaughter or W/E command methinks.

Why?
All the animals in my home, just outside of Horizon, are also gone. Every door in my house is privated, except the front one leading to the entry hall. There is no evidence at all of griefing, despite the most likely paths taken to get to the livestock being through normal glass blocks, signs or torched walls. Nothing is missing or out of place.

For reference: I had 2 cows, 2 sheep and 2 chickens [Well, probably more, but it was between 2 and 4 and wheat will get those numbers up enough]
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddwarf on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

I'll reduce the amount of sheep I have. I have around 20-30 animals total. Soon I'll move my animals to somewhere else, meaning I'll kill them myself and then purchase new ones after I've moved.
Oddwarf
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum